Christian Nade

JJ93

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/ex-hearts-striker-christian-nade-fellow-player-told-me-i-should-have-taken-my-own-life-1-4939224?ggf&fbclid=IwAR07AS3Gv6lEj0h0hFFGCnkQbSy8APuGeuz2KgjI4GsrPdruVvqs5iPksz8

Christian Nade is one of the nicest Hearts players I have ever met. It really angers me that someone told him that he should have killed himself - it was a fellow footballer too. In the above article, Nade says that he can share the name of the player who told him that but he didn't mention him. I hope he does. Time to name and shame.

Also, the article mentions David Cox who used to play for Cowdenbeath who struggled with mental health issues. Apparently fans told him to "Go and hang yourself and do it right this time". Utterly despicable. 

I sincerely hope no-one in our support would ever say something like that to another player -- or another human in general. 

2 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/ex-hearts-striker-christian-nade-fellow-player-told-me-i-should-have-taken-my-own-life-1-4939224?ggf&fbclid=IwAR07AS3Gv6lEj0h0hFFGCnkQbSy8APuGeuz2KgjI4GsrPdruVvqs5iPksz8

Christian Nade is one of the nicest Hearts players I have ever met. It really angers me that someone told him that he should have killed himself - it was a fellow footballer too. In the above article, Nade says that he can share the name of the player who told him that but he didn't mention him. I hope he does. Time to name and shame.

Also, the article mentions David Cox who used to play for Cowdenbeath who struggled with mental health issues. Apparently fans told him to "Go and hang yourself and do it right this time". Utterly despicable. 

I sincerely hope no-one in our support would ever say something like that to another player -- or another human in general. 

Not to open a massive can of worms, but quite a lot worse has been said to Craig Thomson. Tin hat well and truly secured.

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Not to open a massive can of worms, but quite a lot worse has been said to Craig Thomson. Tin hat well and truly secured.

The player or the ref? 

I should add that people shouldn't say such things regardless of whether they know someone has mental health issues or not. Sadly football stadiums are not the most civilised of places to be. You can have passion and atmosphere without personally abusing people.

Iv spoken to Christian a few times as we have similar backgrounds with mental health / football etc. He is such a genuine and kind man. He will I know for a fact appreciate every kind word said. The fear he has doing these interviews and worrying about peoples reactions will hopefully lessen and the message he gets out there can only help both him recover and others to know its ok to open up

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
13 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Every support in the world with 20k fans will have a fair group of nasty people., we're no different. Best just to try and ignore them and I hope Nade does too. Should get himself back for a game sometime. I'm sure he would be welcome.

13 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

The player or the ref? 

I should add that people shouldn't say such things regardless of whether they know someone has mental health issues or not. Sadly football stadiums are not the most civilised of places to be. You can have passion and atmosphere without personally abusing people.

The player.

Mental health is a treasure and an absolute curse to those who don't enjoy it.  Most of us will know someone who has been adversely affected.

To me it is identical to slating someone who has a terminal illness.  It is disgusting.

The Gorgie

Nice guy, shite football player. Got paid very well for it too. Its a harsh world out their, and the stuff that comes out at the football is up there with the worst you'll hear. 

Bull's-eye

The wee guy bought me a large Vodka on the plane to London after our 1st defeat of the Championship season against Falkirk. 

100% gentleman.

17 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Mental health is a treasure and an absolute curse to those who don't enjoy it.  Most of us will know someone who has been adversely affected.

To me it is identical to slating someone who has a terminal illness.  It is disgusting.

Agree.

So the good guy must be Liam Miller?

He doesn’t say the arsehole was a team mate. Just another player.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Liam Miller? The same good guy Hearts fans sing about dying on Cancer? That one...?

No way. We're a unique and special club. :wub:

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Must be?

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Liam Miller? The same good guy Hearts fans sing about dying of Cancer? That one...?

Yeah. The very same. A couple of wee laddies singing it beside someone who i assume was the Dad of one of them in the pub before the Final.

5 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Must be?

Cant think of any other former Celtic/Man U players who were playing up here at the time? Unless they just got in touch from further afield I suppose.

Mental illness is not something that should be joked about and certainly not a weak spot you should look to target on someone as a way of getting to them. 

Christian has been the bigger man by not naming anyone in connection to it but whoever it was should be bloody ashamed that they'd consider saying that to someone 

Alex Kintner
7 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Yeah. The very same. A couple of wee laddies singing it beside someone who i assume was the Dad of one of them in the pub before the Final.

Either their dad or their ‘mentor’ ??‍♂️

Just now, To Be Frank said:

Either their dad or their ‘mentor’ ??‍♂️

Either way. He didn’t even bat an eyelid. ?

N Lincs Jambo

Just read that article. Very sad. I would say I wouldn’t wish mental health issues on anyone but if they are going to end up somewhere then the scum who taunt people about it would be a good place to start. 

1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

I am David Cox's uncle and some of the abuse he gets for it is disgusting . 

Just now, cookieboy said:

Scum. Your nephew should not have to put up with shit like that.

9 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Hi there, sorry to hear that. I hope he is well! 

Doctor FinnBarr

I've put my name into the hat at work to go on a 2 day training course at "Chris' House" in Motherwell to be trained as a mental first aider, mostly meant to help folks at work who are stressed/ losing it for whatever reason. But on a personable level my wee yin has a bit of a problem that I don't know how to deal with, hopefully I can get on the course and get tuned into her.

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Yes, you should build people up with mental illnesses and problems. I suffer from confidence problems and low morale from time to time, fortunately the above has got me through 

Don't get the article at all. He is a great guy and a gentleman. He got it tough as a player Nade, more so than he deserved to.

47 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I've put my name into the hat at work to go on a 2 day training course at "Chris' House" in Motherwell to be trained as a mental first aider, mostly meant to help folks at work who are stressed/ losing it for whatever reason. But on a personable level my wee yin has a bit of a problem that I don't know how to deal with, hopefully I can get on the course and get tuned into her.

This is a good idea and in my recent work experience a much needed one, I myself have had horrible days, doing an easy job as well. Kind words are key and to simply have a laugh, create a happy environment, that would be my totally uninformed advice :thumbsup:

Edited by rudi must stay

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Yes, you should build people up with mental illnesses and problems. I suffer from confidence problems and low morale from time to time, fortunately the above has got me through 

Don't get the article at all. He is a great guy and a gentleman. He got it tough as a player Nade, more so than he deserved to.

This is a good idea and in my recent work experience a much needed one, I myself have had horrible days, doing an easy job as well. Kind words are key and to simply have a laugh, create a happy environment, that would be my totally uninformed advice :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Rudi, hopefully I can be here for everyone in the future

I know a lot about recovery from narcissistic abuse / general psychological abuse, so if anyone wishes to reach out to me I am more than happy to help! ?

Mental Health problems are becoming an epidemic especially among young males in this country and its absolutely toxic and vile that someone would think to use that as a stick to beat someone with. Having unfortunately known a couple of people from my local area who have taken their own lives far, far too young I’ve seen how it can affect communities and those close to them first hand and I highly doubt these people would be saying these things if they knew even a fraction of what it can trigger in people.

Glad Nade seems to have got the help he needed and is comfortable talking about it in public because it’s such an important conversation we all should pay attention to. He seems like an absolute gent from what I’ve heard. Don’t suffer in silence if you’re struggling.

10 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Mental Health problems are becoming an epidemic especially among young males in this country and its absolutely toxic and vile that someone would think to use that as a stick to beat someone with. Having unfortunately known a couple of people from my local area who have taken their own lives far, far too young I’ve seen how it can affect communities and those close to them first hand and I highly doubt these people would be saying these things if they knew even a fraction of what it can trigger in people.

Glad Nade seems to have got the help he needed and is comfortable talking about it in public because it’s such an important conversation we all should pay attention to. He seems like an absolute gent from what I’ve heard. Don’t suffer in silence if you’re struggling.

Sometimes I love this place ❤️

Finlay James

I'm a mental health nurse, I have been for 16 years.  I got into this line of work as I had my own issues as a kid that led to me abusing drink and drugs.

I talk about my issues openly as I still struggle most days with anxiety.  I'm one of the lucky ones who has found coping mechanisms that work for me.  I'll stand shoulder to shoulder with anyone who struggles so good on Christian for being so open.  The nephew of @cookieboy, David Cox, also deserves great credit for speaking up about what must have been a horrific and lonely experience.  They may not know it but they will have inadvertently encouraged others who are struggling to seek help.

Treat others as you'd like to be treated yourself.  You never know what someone else may be dealing with.

7 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Cant think of any other former Celtic/Man U players who were playing up here at the time? Unless they just got in touch from further afield I suppose.

Liam Miller played in Australia at the time of the incident.

Doesn’t really matter or impact the story at all, but various players have played for Celtic and Man U. Keane, Larsson and Dublin in recent decades. 

37 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Liam Miller played in Australia at the time of the incident.

Doesn’t really matter or impact the story at all, but various players have played for Celtic and Man U. Keane, Larsson and Dublin in recent decades. 

You’re right. It doesn’t really impact the story. Miller seemed most likely on the timescale, as I thought he was maybe kicking about here at about that time. Hence the question mark.

6 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

He played for Hearts at a tumultuous time. He was here peak Romanov and financial background events, but he was also here at a time where we had our foot on Hibs’ throat still. When he tried to eat his way out of the club, the Hearts fans gave him a torrid time, and Hibs fans just could not handle a guy who was sometimes out of shape humiliating them, as he did. He got it tight from all angles. When he shed the weight and started pumping iron, he ended up totally ripped, but by that point it was too late. Everyone had already decided he was fat, so they weren’t for changing their minds. 

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

Calebs Grandad
8 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Scum. Your nephew should not have to put up with shit like that.

100% this ?

10 hours ago, cookieboy said:

Did he used to be on the books at Killie about 10ish years ago?

If so, he was a lower league hero on Football Manager. Not that he probably cares. :)

132goals1958
9 hours ago, boag1874 said:

I hope he now sees himself as others see him ---- that is as an inspirational figure. A lot of us would love to have achieved what he did. A big man in every sense of the word.

4 hours ago, Finlay James said:

I'm a mental health nurse, I have been for 16 years.  I got into this line of work as I had my own issues as a kid that led to me abusing drink and drugs.

I talk about my issues openly as I still struggle most days with anxiety.  I'm one of the lucky ones who has found coping mechanisms that work for me.  I'll stand shoulder to shoulder with anyone who struggles so good on Christian for being so open.  The nephew of @cookieboy, David Cox, also deserves great credit for speaking up about what must have been a horrific and lonely experience.  They may not know it but they will have inadvertently encouraged others who are struggling to seek help.

Treat others as you'd like to be treated yourself.  You never know what someone else may be dealing with.

As I said one of Christians fears is how people will react when he does an interview and this was exactly the point i made to him was simply by speaking out it helps others to see it is ok to do so. ❤️

I’v seen so many people come for pt over the years and they train and do as asked as the routines help but when that trust clicks in the pt could essentially be walking round the village talking for a bit as they need that escape and its incredibly hard to lay that on family (personal experience). As i said i love this place sometimes.  

Gorillajam
11 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Roy Keane - definitely the type of gentleman to offer a helping hand. Could have also been Henrik Larsson.

I think abuse from the stands is part and parcel of football. I think though, it crosses a line when things like mental health start being dragged into it.

10 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Genuinely hope you’re ok mate. Losing your confidence is debilitating and very hard to talk about. Keep loving yourself. 

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

He played for Hearts at a tumultuous time. He was here peak Romanov and financial background events, but he was also here at a time where we had our foot on Hibs’ throat still. When he tried to eat his way out of the club, the Hearts fans gave him a torrid time, and Hibs fans just could not handle a guy who was sometimes out of shape humiliating them, as he did. He got it tight from all angles. When he shed the weight and started pumping iron, he ended up totally ripped, but by that point it was too late. Everyone had already decided he was fat, so they weren’t for changing their minds. 

Spot on! Was treated diabolically from some of our own ‘supporters’. He’s got his own back on Hibs fans on many occasions on the field since, sadly the only times some our fans had anything nice to say about him. 

Wish him nothing but the best for the future :thumb:

6 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Spot on! Was treated diabolically from some of our own ‘supporters’. He’s got his own back on Hibs fans on many occasions on the field since, sadly the only times some our fans had anything nice to say about him. 

Wish him nothing but the best for the future :thumb:

Hibs fans absolutely hate the guy. Put them to the sword a fair few times. Plenty time for the big guy.

Met Nade a few times has been a complete getleman on both occasions posing for photos and happily chatting away. 

Hope he continues to get the help he needs. 

3 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

I hope he now sees himself as others see him ---- that is as an inspirational figure. A lot of us would love to have achieved what he did. A big man in every sense of the word.

Showed Christian @boag1874s post and your response and he was absolutely stoked and taken aback at the kindness of yer words guys and that people feel he is inspirational and helping others. 

132goals1958
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Showed Christian @boag1874s post and your response and he was absolutely stoked and taken aback at the kindness of yer words guys and that people feel he is inspirational and helping others. 

That is good to know and right now the world feels a much better place.

17 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Craig was treated horribly after a terrible error of judgement on his part. However I was told that despite his age, he had a mental age several years younger. I admit it doesn't condone his actions but it might explain why he did what he done.

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:21, Locky said:

Did he used to be on the books at Killie about 10ish years ago?

If so, he was a lower league hero on Football Manager. Not that he probably cares. :)

yes mate and made his professional debut at Tynie

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:58, OTT said:

I think abuse from the stands is part and parcel of football. I think though, it crosses a line when things like mental health start being dragged into it.

its not just from the stands some of the stuff on social media is beyond disgusting

thanks for all the kind words for our David I will be passing them on shortly. Here's hoping he lasts the 90 minutes against us next  season for the blue brazil

The Apprentice

The story of him walking into the sea until his friend stopped him really got to me I must admit. I hope Christian and anyone else suffering from mental health issues get the help they need. And well done to him for speaking out about it. 

8 hours ago, cookieboy said:

yes mate and made his professional debut at Tynie

its not just from the stands some of the stuff on social media is beyond disgusting

Well if David cares at all, you can let him know he single handedly carried my Peterhead team to the SPL on Football Manager. :lol: