Article on Malaury Martin

Section Q

2 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

A choice that was roundly applauded and greeted with a large amount of excitement by just about every Hearts supporter at the time. 

Mistakes will always be made, its how you deal with them that counts.

Whilst he clearly wasn't up to the job, the media's coverage of Cathro was pretty disgraceful. It almost amounted to bullying, considering the things they were pulling him up for (the notes etc.).

Would a modified version of "why don't you go home" be appropriate toward, Mr (I couldn't spell monsui...the French way) Martin. 

I wish he would. France is lovely this time of year. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

Proves what changing managers achieves in clubs that are short sighted and pull the trigger every time things don't quite go as planned.

Glad we've learned by this mistake and the long term strategy is being adhered to. 

Good article.

:qqb006:

Tasavallan
2 hours ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Where does it say November? Have they updated the article to remove that? All I can see is three and a half year deal from January 2017, which would end next summer (which is what I'd originally thought was the case). 

Edit: never mind - had missed that paragraph 

According to my records it is until 30-Jun-2020.  I stick by that. 

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

According to my records it is until 30-Jun-2020.  I stick by that. 

November 2019 after an agreement in January 2019 was reached as he was hoping to make a move that did not pan out..not long to go now it seems

In Evening News today

Edited by CJGJ

5 hours ago, sadj said:

Only if it is less than a full pay up and it doesnt affect the monies for bringing players in. Otherwise makes no difference and paying it monthly is easier

I agree, but why would a player accept that, unless he thinks he will get signed up soon. 

46 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I agree, but why would a player accept that, unless he thinks he will get signed up soon. 

Some would to move on and get out a situation detrimental to their career. Some wont as they have no drive to play just pick up a wage so it’d suit them. He’ll of been told to find a new club and we won’t stand in his way. Hopefully he does even if we then pay a severance to cover difference in wages til November. Id hope he wants to get his career back on track

CavySlaveJambo
11 hours ago, Costanza said:

My main concern is the standard of coaching and management which has not been good enough since Robbie left.

I'd add that the players looking like they are trying their hardest in any game has not been the same since then.  Like the guaranteed mistakes, and goal conceded at least once per game.