Article on Malaury Martin

Section Q

Bull's-eye

Proves what changing managers achieves in clubs that are short sighted and pull the trigger every time things don't quite go as planned.

Glad we've learned by this mistake and the long term strategy is being adhered to. 

Good article.

11 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Another shocking signing, surely we can give him a deal to leave now.

Only if it is less than a full pay up and it doesnt affect the monies for bringing players in. Otherwise makes no difference and paying it monthly is easier

cosanostra
6 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Proves what changing managers achieves in clubs that are short sighted and pull the trigger every time things don't quite go as planned.

Glad we've learned by this mistake and the long term strategy is being adhered to. 

Good article.

Proves more what employing the wrong manager does.

Neilson resigned so we had to get someone in. Levein just made a horrible choice.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Only positive is his contract runs out in November 

Levein will probably extend it. 

Bull's-eye
2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Proves more what employing the wrong manager does.

Neilson resigned so we had to get someone in. Levein just made a horrible choice.

A choice that was roundly applauded and greeted with a large amount of excitement by just about every Hearts supporter at the time. 

Mistakes will always be made, its how you deal with them that counts.

8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Only if it is less than a full pay up and it doesnt affect the monies for bringing players in. Otherwise makes no difference and paying it monthly is easier

I agree 100%

18 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Good article.

That rather contradicts the current scenario with Vanacek Dodger...

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye that's what he'll do right enough, he'll extend the contract of a player he has already publicly confirmed he has no plans for, just for the banter because that's what he does.

such a tedious poster, clogging threads.

cosanostra
6 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

A choice that was roundly applauded and greeted with a large amount of excitement by just about every Hearts supporter at the time. 

Fans will get behind most decisions and the fact that there was some media scorn made some Hearts fans get behind him even more.

I remember people being positive when Rix was hired and when Sammon signed.

It was still a horrendous error of judgement from Levein.

7 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

In fairness to the fans, we always welcome new signings with big expectations. The player's a dud. Point the finger at whoever did the homework on this guy.

Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, Jodami said:

That rather contradicts the current scenario with Vanacek Dodger...

No at all, I haven't read anywhere reliable that we won't see Vanacek in a Hearts shirt in the not to distant. If he gets punted asap then I can't really see any harm being done any way. 

Either way as i stated, mistakes will always be perceived to be made if you only really have 11 jerseys to be filled. It's the way it is at every single club up and down the land.

All roads lead to Gorgie

We will probably be forced to use him in a game and then discover what a brilliant player we had on our books. He will leave and then become a mega million pound player with someone else. :)

Nookie Bear
26 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Good article.

Look forward to the same thread being repeated when Vanacek finally moves on. 

Sums up everything from a  football point of view since we became Ann Budge of Midlothian.

Nookie Bear
Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

We will probably be forced to use him in a game and then discover what a brilliant player we had on our books. He will leave and then become a mega million pound player with someone else. :)

Lining up for Juve next season alongside Ryan Edwards. 

132goals1958

What I cannot understand is this much propounded theory that skillful and technically gifted players can,t adapt to the pace of Scottish Football. Lot of tosh if you ask me otherwise why are we the bottom of the heap.

All roads lead to Gorgie
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

So you've heard the rumour as well as me. 

Hectormasson
36 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Another shocking signing, surely we can give him a deal to leave now.

Seemingly he was a dead ball expert ?????????????????????

Nookie Bear
16 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

We dealt with it about 6 months and one transfer window too late. 

1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

No at all, I haven't read anywhere reliable that we won't see Vanacek in a Hearts shirt in the not to distant. If he gets punted asap then I can't really see any harm being done any way. 

Either way as i stated, mistakes will always be perceived to be made if you only really have 11 jerseys to be filled. It's the way it is at every single club up and down the land.

It seems unlikely when Levein has said publicly that we require another couple of strikers. I agree on the mistakes element, players only stay for a couple of seasons on average in the game now. The cost of mistakes is a key element in analysing managerial success though. When you consider this in the context of the season getting a striker in who was fit in the January window could have made a real difference. 

The Treasurer
7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Don't think you can compare the two (even in a joke).

One is prepared to sit and do nothing but pick up a wage, the other has got his head down and worked hard.

The result being one hasn't kicked a ball in months, the other made a scoring appearance in a cup final

4 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Seemingly he was a dead ball expert ?????????????????????

He was, I remember him taking a free kick at Tynecastle and there was one guy in the wall. He managed to hit him no bother ?

Edited by MTS1874

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Sums up everything from a  football point of view since we became Ann Budge of Midlothian.

Since the New Year we have had Martin, Sammon, Hughes and Vanacek picking up wages for **** all. No intention to play them. 

We can probably add Aidy White to that list soon as well. 

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Here's a suggestion for you. Why not start  'Budge Oot' thread and stick to that rather than endlessly banging on with your disrespectful comments on every other thread?

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Don't think you can compare the two (even in a joke).

One is prepared to sit and do nothing but pick up a wage, the other has got his head down and worked hard.

The result being one hasn't kicked a ball in months, the other made a scoring appearance in a cup final

True, and was just a joke at his late arrival to the fore ??

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Since the New Year we have had Martin, Sammon, Hughes and Vanacek picking up wages for **** all. No intention to play them. 

We are a charity.   A more benevolent "football club" you will never see on and off the park.

Levein will be here next season so have to accept it.  Really hope he stays away from the transfer market and just tries to offload our deadwood.

All roads lead to Gorgie
Just now, i8hibsh said:

We are a charity.   A more benevolent "football club" you will never see on and off the park.

Levein will be here next season so have to accept it.  Really hope he stays away from the transfer market and just tries to offload our deadwood.

Your trolling is getting tedious. Give it a rest. 

How come we are the only football club who have signed players where it hasn't worked out?

Something is clearly rotten at the core of our recruitment strategy that doesn't occur elsewhere. 

Jim Panzee
6 minutes ago, Costanza said:

How come we are the only football club who have signed players where it hasn't worked out?

Something is clearly rotten at the core of our recruitment strategy that doesn't occur elsewhere. 

yes. clearly we are the only professional football club in the world who sign players that don't work out. it never ever happens to other clubs. Eric Djemba-Djemba anyone?

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

yes. clearly we are the only professional football club in the world who sign players that don't work out. it never ever happens to other clubs. Eric Djemba-Djemba anyone?

Think he was being sarcastic.

Hibs release of 27 players recently would indicate this

Levein has made mistakes in the transfer market as manager of course but I laugh at those laying the blame at his door for the signing of Martin.

He’s a million miles removed from being a typical Levein signing.

Guilty of backing his head coach in the transfer market, nothing more. (As was the case with Sammon, whom I believe he didn’t want signed)

AGoodLaugh

Where does it say November? Have they updated the article to remove that? All I can see is three and a half year deal from January 2017, which would end next summer (which is what I'd originally thought was the case). 

Edit: never mind - had missed that paragraph 

Edited by AGoodLaugh
Correction

Hectormasson
19 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

He was, I remember him taking a free kick at Tynecastle and there was one guy in the wall. He managed to hit him no bother ?

Class m8 ,only happen with us ?????????????♥️♥️♥️?

28 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

What I cannot understand is this much propounded theory that skillful and technically gifted players can,t adapt to the pace of Scottish Football. Lot of tosh if you ask me otherwise why are we the bottom of the heap.

Agree with this, otherwise Barca wouldn't stand a chance in the mighty SPFL....!....?

Robbo-Jambo
26 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

The harm could be that had we signed a half decent striker instead of someone that cant make the bench after 5 months the outcome of the cup final might have been different. 

The fact that Naismith and Keena were out long term and Uche was struggling with injury and he couldn't even make the squad tells its own story IMO. 

5 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Think he was being sarcastic.

Hibs release of 27 players recently would indicate this

I was.

Jumping on individual signings that don't work and singling out our club as a special case or using terms like wage thief I find incredibly tedious.

The criteria should be the percentage of signings that are successful and how that compares to other clubs.

Compared to our peers if you like, Aberdeen and Hibs, I actually think we are slightly worse but not to the extent some seem to be suggesting.

My main concern is the standard of coaching and management which has not been good enough since Robbie left.

Who_put_the_ball_in...
47 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Why not could be another project for him 

Cut The Crap
35 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I wonder how much of the "New Stand dividend" that lot have hoovered up for no return on the park?

Edited by Cut The Crap

Maple Leaf
52 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Here's a suggestion for you. Why not start  'Budge Oot' thread and stick to that rather than endlessly banging on with your disrespectful comments on every other thread?

I like that idea. :thumb:

54 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Some signings turn out to be duds. 

Shocker. Who knew.

This is true. 

What is also true is we likely have a higher dud per head count than any other team at our level. 

4 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

This is true. 

What is also true is we likely have a higher dud per head count than any other team at our level. 

Probably true for the last couple of years but we have been trying to boost our ambition every season after admin.

Since being promoted from the championship we have been trying to find a new level and identity as a team. 

We want to be challenging near the top but we can't match finances with rangers and celtic. This means that if we want to sign players of that potential level they need to be signings brought in to develop or a gamble on someone who might be that good but has had problems or is an unknown from an obscure source.

It makes sense that that would lead to an increased number of signings that don't work out. 

It's getting better though. Each season has brought us more income to play with as well. This increase in income is giving us better odds of signing a better calibre of player. Hence why we have stopped scouring Europe as much for 6-12 players and have focused more on England and Scotland and concentrating that income on more proven assets.