The CF aftermath

Doctor FinnBarr

Doctor FinnBarr

After all the trouble in the South Upper I think we're missing a few stories funny or otherwise about CF day, lets go for it folks.

I'll start you off, we took over my dads house (he's in care at the moment) as its bigger than our house because we had my brother and 2 nephews (one of them a poster on here) and 2 mates (yet again one of them is a poster on here). Apart from the result it was a cracking weekend but come the Sunday when they'd all left, wife checked the bog and found an obviously wet bog roll in the bin but none of the other 2 bog rolls touched, hmmm, Where did they wipe there arse  she soon found out when she went to have a shower and her micro-fibre towel had been used as toilet tissue, lol, she ain't happy and everyone is denying it but hey-ho, its not my towel.

Carry on folks, this is a thread that doesn't involve flags or hello hello

Forever Hearts

Crystal Palace pre match where the Hearts outnumbered the Tims and a wee barmaid was buzzing about all over the pub trying to stop people singing. Pointless task. 

Post match was a beer in Central Station then home to my local to drown my sorrows. Tbh I've felt a lot worse after a cup final defeat. 

chester copperpot

I left the stadium with the lad at full time, trying to find the Lanarkshire Hearts bus.

Failed miserably, wandered about aimlessly not having a clue where we were for a couple of hours  then when things died down, jumped on a Glasgow bus and ended up off the bus at where the start of the Celtic parade was starting.

Not a great end to my day but pretty much all the Celtic fans I met were really nice to me and offered me a handshake.

Guess I got lucky.

Woke up Sunday with the worst hangover of my life. My throat is still sore!

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You mean you were not working until 22.00? 

Not on my rest day I wasn't

Doctor FinnBarr
37 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Crystal Palace pre match where the Hearts outnumbered the Tims and a wee barmaid was buzzing about all over the pub trying to stop people singing. Pointless task. 

Post match was a beer in Central Station then home to my local to drown my sorrows. Tbh I've felt a lot worse after a cup final defeat. 

Same mate, got back to my local in Blackburn and partied like there was no tomorrow

Started walking towards town after game looking for a taxi to get to Queen St.  We decided a few beers was a better idea so wondered in to a bar (The penny farthing, I think).  It was mainly Celtic fans with a handful of Jambos dotted about.  To be fair the atmosphere was friendly as they were quite complimentary about us if a bit patronising.  Anyway we stayed for 2-3 pints and had a laugh with the local punters who were like caricatures of Still Game.  Funniest point was playing the game 'shag who next comes out the ladies'.   It was LOL when out walked a close resemblance to ugly Edith from Still Game.  

John Findlay

It was a knackering day for me. Was up at 03.20 as I had a 04.50 start at Waverley station which meant a 1pm finish. Ex wife dropped my laddie off at the station at 12.45 and by the time I had changed out of work gear we were on the 13.15 through to Queen Street. Fair amount of supporters on it. Got into Hampden 2 mins before KO. Section A4 row F. Which was 4 rows from the front. Our view was decent. Stayed to the end to watch the team collect their runners up medals, personally thought they deserved the winners medals. Had to wait ages in the Q for Mount Florida station but was on the 18.45 to Edinburgh out of Q street. Dropped the laddie back at his mum's. Walked the 5 minutes back to my flat. Got in. Had a mug of coffee had a piss and went to bed knackered. Was up early next morning as the laddie was playing for Spartans up at Redhall Park. Was chuffed to bits for him as he kept a clean sheet. That's five he's kept since March. Was an emotionally draining weekend for me personally. Very tiring.

hmfc_liam06

I actually ended up on a Celtic bus home :lol:

To be fair, it was one of my best mates bus so wasn't like a bunch of randoms, knew 99% of them. It went a lot better than I thought it would, to a man they were all decent and saw the game as we did, all saying they got lucky. There was no bile or sectarianism, just some good natured ribbing, both ways.

Ended up drinking with a few of them for the rest of the night back in Fife, stotted back up the road at about 1am with a kebab.

Inch Hearts

Train back, massive carry out 5-1 DVD curry from Chinese (which I never get usually) drank until Monday. Sure I done something the next day but can’t remember. 

Doctor FinnBarr

Its all sounding good so far but she still wants to know who soiled her towel, all denying it on FB but it didny happen itself.

PS, Celtic supporters in Blackburn were all sound with us as well

Calebs Grandad

My brother drove up from Bristol with my 2 nephews and myself, my oldest son and my daughter headed through with them. Into the stadium then the wall of noise from our end non stop throughout the match. One special lifelong memory for me will be the ball hitting the back of the net as Edwards put us 1-0 up then the sheer pandemonium as I grabbed my kids to celebrate plus the guy in the row in front  climbing onto his seat and jumping on me as I was being choked by the bloke behind me as he grabbed me around the neck as he fell forward into our row. I’ve seen some brilliant times over many years following Hearts but that goal and the immediate celebrations will never be forgotten. Leaving the ground we were sitting in traffic near the sports center by the Celtic end as they streamed out after getting the trophy. We saw on guy in a green suit that was just all shamrocks along with a couple who were easily over 20 stone each and wearing Celtic tracksuits accompanied by a younger female possibly the daughter who wore a pair of tracksuit bottoms with a very cheap looking Celtic sweatshirt. All 3 had 2 walking sticks each and for me looking at them they summed up Celtic perfectly. 

Doctor FinnBarr
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I doubt if all these patronising Tims would have been quite so gracious had Hearts won. 

Blackburn, being a small community means we all know each other and get along not to badly.

Think most like to enjoy the atmosphere and a few beers.

Young guy walking down street in front of us had staggered out a supporters bus, pee'd his pants but was still doing a half decent job of trying to make it to the stadium. Wonder if he made it in the stadium?

Felt a bit sympathetic, I've never been wet but I can see how its easy to over to it on the sauce in that sort of atmosphere. Hope he dried out in all respects :laugh:

13 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Think most like to enjoy the atmosphere and a few beers.

Young guy walking down street in front of us had staggered out a supporters bus, pee'd his pants but was still doing a half decent job of trying to make it to the stadium. Wonder if he made it in the stadium?

Felt a bit sympathetic, I've never been wet but I can see how its easy to over to it on the sauce in that sort of atmosphere. Hope he dried out in all respects :laugh:

Up at Aberdeen before Christmas, young lad in the row in front of me sat slouched in his seat the whole 1st half covered in sick. Security took him out at half time and cleaned up.

Walked out at full time and the same boy was on his coach, banging on the windows singing away and having a blast. Fair play.

Was at a wedding donw south with 1 other jambo so we had the game on Iplayer on his phone.  we're sat down at the table for the meal and his stream was a bit behind as all these whats app mesesages kept flashing on his screen so we knew we had scored!  was tough trying to keep the celebrations to a minimum dancing at the table!  in the end being away helped me forget aboutthe end result and just get on with enjoying the evening wihtouht thinking about it too much. 

have to say most of the spurs and arsenal fans spoke highly of hearts (wedding was just outside north London)- spurs especailly presume given our recent history etc. 

Should have let us all get on the train after game  that stopped at Mount Florida with Celtic fans. 

That would have been a good story. 

Shanks said no

Our bus was one of the very last to leave Hampden due to a large number having gone missing due to memory lose caused by drink. By the time we left Celtic fans were passing the bus and we were stuck in a traffic jam through the Gorbals.

We happened to be right by the Brazen Head pub when they unfurled a massive treble treble banner. Much abuse and flag waving from our bus. 

The bus moved on a bit and we were then stuck in traffic on the Gorbals St bridge over the Clyde. Flag sellers and Celtic fans all round us. Some very unsavoury songs from our bus but our attention was drawn to a fat Celtic fan in the car next to us who became more and more offended by us screaming at him. It wasn’t helped when a cup final UF was thrown from the skylight of the bus and it landed slapbang in the middle of his windscreen. Now the next bit is 100% true.

fat Celtic fan instructs his 2 young sons in the back seat to remove their Celtic tops. They do so and he takes them off them and waves them out of his window. All we can see is semi naked boys in his back seat. You can imagine what was being screamed at him by then. 

A very sobering experience 

5EC76971-0CD5-4DE8-A0EB-286BC09FB153.jpeg

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

willie wallace
7 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Started walking towards town after game looking for a taxi to get to Queen St.  We decided a few beers was a better idea so wondered in to a bar (The penny farthing, I think).  It was mainly Celtic fans with a handful of Jambos dotted about.  To be fair the atmosphere was friendly as they were quite complimentary about us if a bit patronising.  Anyway we stayed for 2-3 pints and had a laugh with the local punters who were like caricatures of Still Game.  Funniest point was playing the game 'shag who next comes out the ladies'.   It was LOL when out walked a close resemblance to ugly Edith from Still Game.  

We done the same except we walked to and from town and ended up in the Penny Farthing both times 

I think we were the only Jambos before the game but a lot more after 

As you said no problems at all but it is a long walk from town to the first pub.

AlphonseCapone

Back in the flat by 7pm, had a pizza, a couple more drinks, and fell asleep by 10pm watching Batman Begins. Genuine story. 

Got a lift of my brother in law with one other. Left and arrived far to early but had lined the stomach x2 in preparation. Got into a pub close to the stadium and it was already heaving. They only took cash so was lucky I'm old enough to know what that looks like and how it works. 

We had decent seats and the usual mayhem broke out when we scored. Got away pretty sharp to find a parking ticket on the car. No signs indicating restrictions. 

Had stag night to join which was good. Was in malones so full of celtic boys who were also pretty decent. Not patronising. Stag ended and went to 

40-42 Grindley St and realised we were far to old so went to club tropicana thinking it would be more our age. Wasn't but had a good laugh at the 20s dancing to 80s tunes. Finished at 2:30  absolutely buckled. Was still feeling it on the Monday. 

12 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

I left the stadium with the lad at full time, trying to find the Lanarkshire Hearts bus.

Failed miserably, wandered about aimlessly not having a clue where we were for a couple of hours  then when things died down, jumped on a Glasgow bus and ended up off the bus at where the start of the Celtic parade was starting.

Not a great end to my day but pretty much all the Celtic fans I met were really nice to me and offered me a handshake.

Guess I got lucky.

If young Chester hadn't messaged young cookieboy we would still be waiting for you ??

King Of The Cat Cafe

It took an age standing in the rain to get into Mount Florida station and the platform was packed when we got there.

A train came out from the city centre and we were directed onto it.  When it became clear that it was on the line away from the city centre, one bloke and a couple of burds gave station staff dogs abuse.

What they didn't know was that the line is a loop, and although that loop is longer than the straight line back to central station, the train did not stop at any stations and got back there in the same amount of time.

It wan't until the train was crossing the Clyde again that the cursing stopped.

Watched the game with a few other Jambos in town. Telly got switched off on the final whistle so missed the Uche v caveman incident.

Mrs was in town so got a lift home.e at 5:15.

Spent the night in the huff arguing on social media.

Still not over it, tbh. Despite the expectedness of the result and the way in which it was manufactured the complete absence of comment on any form of media remains so dispiriting. 

If not for Hearts, I'd be outta Scottish football so fast...

Bull's-eye

Weird one........

My old man made me the Hearts supporter I am today, took me to my 1st 50 games or so until i was old enough to go by myself.

Walking to the Airport on the  Sunday morning from a close by Hotel, I got a nose bleed, a proper gusher. Never had one before that wasn't because I'd stuck my hooter somewhere it didn't belong. 

Flew home Sunday lunchtime no problem and no leakages, had a few on the journey home and headed to my local for a bit of solice and the hope of some positive tv watchers saying how well we'd done. 

First peev in and I get a message that my old man had died earlier in the day. 

The Jambo God is an odd Bastart guys.

Took me about 2 hours to type that ??

Edited by Artful Dodger

Konrad von Carstein

Went back to the Italian that we had been in pre game. Out numbered significantly by Celtic fans, no scarfs or tops on display btw,  both pre and post  game.

However, just after we gave a rousing rendition of the Hearts song before leaving for the game we were complimented on the song and wished the best of luck for the game by more than one of them.

Post game we returned and it was the same crowd of Celtic fans, and amazingly, due to us all behaving like adults, there was no bother at all.

The wee Celtic pricks on the train going to central is another matter.....near miss there...

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

23 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Weird one........

My old man made me the Hearts supporter I am today, took me to my 1st 50 games or so until i was old enough to go by myself.

Walking to the Airport on the  Sunday morning from a close by Hotel, I got a nose bleed, a proper gusher. Never had one before that wasn't because I'd stuck my hooter somewhere it didn't belong. 

Flew home Sunday lunchtime no problem and no leakages, had a few on the journey home and headed to my local for a bit of solice and the hope of some positive tv watchers saying how well we'd done. 

Dodger that is absolutely brutal, dreadfully sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Like you my dad took me until I was old enough to go with mates in my teens, he died at the end of the 2017 season. Every time I go to a game I think about him, it used to upset me but it comforts me now. Brave effort talking about it publicly, hope it helps you get through what are difficult times. Take care sir. 

maroonsgotop
24 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Weird one........

Really sorry to hear that awful news for you. Hope you're ok

41 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Weird one........

So sorry to hear that.

Morgan

Bull's-eye
20 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Dodger that is absolutely brutal, dreadfully sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Like you my dad took me until I was old enough to go with mates in my teens, he died at the end of the 2017 season. Every time I go to a game I think about him, it used to upset me but it comforts me now. Brave effort talking about it publicly, hope it helps you get through what are difficult times. Take care sir. 

18 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

Really sorry to hear that awful news for you. Hope you're ok

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

So sorry to hear that.

Morgan

Kind words guys. 

Won't be forgotten. 

1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

Weird one........

Never a good time but bloody hell that must have been awful, sorry to hear that.

portobellojambo1

Weird one........

Very sad to read, please accept my condolences.

Dagger Is Back

Bus left the White Lady in Corstorphine at 930. CD jammed in the player so for a moment there was real concern that the Hearts party album wouldn’t get an airing.

Fortunately, if you hold the eject button for long enough the stuck disc is ejected - helpful tip of the day there!

Arrived at Motherwell Miners at 1030 and straight in. Brilliant club, folks really friendly and free Lorne sausage rolls on offer.

Met Chester Copperpot and his laddie which was great. Had a great blether. Brilliant to put a face to a name.

The usual great crack pre game. Drank far too much but you know you’re in good company when the tears are rolling down your face and everyone is taking it in turns to be ripped.

On to Hampden but our driver seemed like a bit of a Hampden novice, and after a wee trip through what appeared to be bandit country, the effects of too many lagers lead to a mini exodus and a desperate search for toilet facilities.

Turns out we were about 25 minutes walk away from the ground and shared the walk with the opposition. To be fair, there was no nonsense.

In to the game, no nonsense queues unlike the semi final and cracking seats in the back 3 rows of C4.

Bubbled away when we scored the goal and bubbled away at the end. Reminded me of the 1996 SCF and the hairs on the back of my neck standing up.

A bit of a hoo haa trying to find the bus on the way back and a tortuous journey back.

Back into the White Lady at about 730 for more drink and eventually stumbled out about 10ish

Sunday was a very painful day. The pain of losing and a thumping hangover, interspersed by periods of nausea and no little pride in the performance of our team and the best supporters in the land

Gutted that we lost but wouldn’t trade the day for sitting at home hearing about other teams getting ready to battle for silverware.

Won’t be long before we’re back again

Edited by Dagger Is Back

Dagger Is Back

Weird one........

Oh man. Sorry to hear your dreadful news. Condolences to you and your family fellow Jambo

Doctor FinnBarr

Weird one........

So sorry to hear that mate, my thoughts are with you at this difficult time. Rest in peace faither

N Lincs Jambo

Weird one........

Really sorry to hear that AD. My old man did the same for me but he’s been gone over 40 years now. Still doesn’t take the pain away. All the best mate.

Sorry to hear that Artful Dodger.

I had a wee quiet thought about my own Dad on Saturday as it was the first final for us since he passed away in 2016. In later years he'd always been the first call I'd make after a big game to give him my unbiased and usually worse for drink news!!

It made me smile to think of him and it gets better

Deep condolences to AD.

On a happier note, I watched the final alongside Jock the Jambo.  The final score left us both speechless.

Bull's-eye

Nice words guys.

Still can't understand why the auld ***** decided to bloody my nose before he shuffled off this mortal coil though. 

Maroon doesn't show I suppose  ??????????

Auld *****.

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

Weird one........

My dad died in 2010. I still miss him as like you he made me a Hearts supporter.

Took me to my first game in December 1965. We beat Clyde 4-1 and my third birthday was the following April.

My sincere condolences to you and all your family.

Doctor FinnBarr
20 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Nice words guys.

Still can't understand why the auld ***** decided to bloody my nose before he shuffled off this mortal coil though. 

Maroon doesn't show I suppose  ??????????

Auld *****.

Head up mate, you know the Jambo family is with you

On 31/05/2019 at 07:24, chester copperpot said:

Guess I got lucky.

Those lovable rouges, no wonder they are looked upon as the best fans in the world with such lovely behaviour shown towards the losers.

Handshake my arse ! Ram it  !