The CF aftermath

Doctor FinnBarr

TyphoonJambo
On 31/05/2019 at 22:43, Artful Dodger said:

Weird one........

My old man made me the Hearts supporter I am today, took me to my 1st 50 games or so until i was old enough to go by myself.

Walking to the Airport on the  Sunday morning from a close by Hotel, I got a nose bleed, a proper gusher. Never had one before that wasn't because I'd stuck my hooter somewhere it didn't belong. 

Flew home Sunday lunchtime no problem and no leakages, had a few on the journey home and headed to my local for a bit of solice and the hope of some positive tv watchers saying how well we'd done. 

First peev in and I get a message that my old man had died earlier in the day. 

The Jambo God is an odd Bastart guys.

Took me about 2 hours to type that ??

Sorry for your loss mate. 

On 31/05/2019 at 21:43, Artful Dodger said:

Weird one........

My old man made me the Hearts supporter I am today, took me to my 1st 50 games or so until i was old enough to go by myself.

Walking to the Airport on the  Sunday morning from a close by Hotel, I got a nose bleed, a proper gusher. Never had one before that wasn't because I'd stuck my hooter somewhere it didn't belong. 

Flew home Sunday lunchtime no problem and no leakages, had a few on the journey home and headed to my local for a bit of solice and the hope of some positive tv watchers saying how well we'd done. 

I'm sure it's weird getting messages from folk you don't know but when you are part of a Jambo family it's safe to say we all feel for you and very best wishes to you. 

Edited by LeftBack
Apologies... Reread and saw it was Sunday not saturday

feedthefox

Condolonses Artful Dodger. 

Got parked 50 yards from stadium (brilliant parking app lets you rent people's private car space/driveway) as had my two boys with me. Managed a swift exit and was on the motorway in no time, I had tickets for DEVO tribute We Are Not Devo who were utterly brilliant and just the distraction I needed although I had no voice left whatsoever so couldn't sing along as much I wanted.

The next day I realised I'd forgotten to bring home the "I Was There" flags which were on our seats which was a bit frustrating as they were a good keepsake for the kids plus I thought I'd get Ryan Edwards to sign them. Come Monday on the off chance I emailed Hampden just on their info@ address not expecting any reply however I got a personal reply from a top lad who said he would try and find me a couple. He then sent another to confirm he'd found two and would post them out, they duly arrived next day via recorded delivery. I replied thanking him and mentioned how his one singular act had changed my entire outlook on SFA!!

Edited by feedthefox

I'm still suffering from cracked ribs as a result of being flattened when we scored. Didn't feel it at the time due to the massive amount of alcohol in the system. Still agony now :( 

28 minutes ago, MrBones said:

I'm still suffering from cracked ribs as a result of being flattened when we scored. Didn't feel it at the time due to the massive amount of alcohol in the system. Still agony now :( 

Mr (sair) Bones, sorry to tell you that you'll be feeling your ribs for a good six weeks or more. I had cracked ribs a few years back, it gets worse before it's better. My sympathy to you. (?)

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

A poster (who can't be named cos he hasn't posted) is the main man here, might be from Belgium though

Weird one........

So sorry for your loss AD. Please accept my condolences. 

Worthing Jambo
On 31/05/2019 at 22:43, Artful Dodger said:

Weird one........

Sorry to hear about your loss ?

Have a virtual pint on me.

I'm a Cub leader in Aberdeenshire.

Our Cub camp was over the CF weekend...

So, I camped on Friday night. Cubs didn't go to sleep until around midnight, and the sunlight and crows woke them (and subsequently all the leaders) at 05:30

Made them all breakfast (bacon rolls) and got the dishes packed away.

I left at 10:00 to pick up my eldest son from the local school fete.

Started our journey south at around 10:45

Stuck in traffic going through Dundee...

Stuck in traffic coming off the motorway about a mile from Hampden...

Parked up at around 2:15

Walk to Hampden, a quick pie (or two).

Sang and shouted for 2 hours straight - that noise when we scored!

Stuck in traffic outside Hampden for ages (didn't move for 45 mins)

Limped into Stirling services, running on fumes.

Burger and fuel and up the road again.

Arrived home at around 10:00

Back to the Cub camp at 10:30

Up again at 7:00 to make breakfast and pack away all the tents in the torrential rain.

Knackered!

Broxburn Jambo

Weird one........

My condolences mate