5 Year plan - regressed.

UcheGang

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Which is why you should really have cover for most positions, especially centre mid.

That's right.  We're bursting at the seams with money so we really should have 3 players for every position plus we should not allow 2 players in the same position to get injured around the same time.  That's is a total disregard for planning.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• JamboAl

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish people researched players before they spraffed shit.

Haring has played bits of his career in midfield. So he is not a pure defender and has experience in midfield.

Yes he was signed as a defender but to criticise Levein - for spotting once he was here and he got to know him better - that he would be best placed in midfield is just completely mental.

Haring is one of the most complete DM’s in the league and a critical part of our team.

Thank **** Levein, having spent time training and coaching him, had the wisdom to switch his position.

To slag Levein for that makes you Michael Stewart IMO.

Edited by Jammy T

9 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

You don’t half talk some guff to defend Levein. Haring was playing in second their in Austria. Galloway came from Non League. I suspect that the Austrian second tier is a better standard as their bigger teams have B teams in there. 

If you think his signings are a success then you really are deluded by him.

Mulraney has been poor to average most of the season. He’s played better last few weeks but he’s certainly no John Colquhoun or Neil McCann. He was highly rated at QPR and lost his way. Frustrating is the word I would use and I’d hardly call him a youngster either.

As to the other names. Pallardo got found out when we got promoted. He’s like Malaury Martin, good at a lower level. Helped us get out the division. Zeefuik, how much did we do to try and keep him. What sort of transfer fee did we get for him. That’s right, zero. He was given a 6 month deal then not resigned. Where has his career gone since then??? Great in the league we were in but would he have cut it in SPL, probably not. Berra and Lafferty were pros who knew the SPL. Berra wanted back for family reasons or possibly would have gone elsewhere. Lafferty needed us as much as we needed him. Good player in SPL and we got decent money for him. Souttar was a known quantity who had lost his way in the mess DUFC had become. 

You've highlighted 13 signings there, out of how many in 5 years. What about Sammon, Oshinawa, Martin, el Hassnoui, Anderson, Amankwa, Avlonitis, Chowlay, Norling, Bikey, Sowah, Struna, Swanson, Dauda, McLean

If I could be bothered looking back, I’m sure I could find more.

If you want to argue about signings and highlight the successes, be prepared to get the failures thrown back at you

Attacking Mulraney is a bit weird was our best attacking option from Feb onwards , no surprise it took time to settle coming from a lower league and slated by the fans after a couple of games , the anti Levein crowd gleefully quoting random Caley fans about his shitness . Zeefuik was a loan signing who was sold by his club for decent money Struna used us to get fit a lot of the others were squad fillers who may or may not have done us a turn . I will give you Sammon El Hassnaoui and Oshinawa , Osh being a bit strange as he looked decent in his cameo against Celtic 

Enzo Chiefo
9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

That's right.  We're bursting at the seams with money so we really should have 3 players for every position plus we should not allow 2 players in the same position to get injured around the same time.  That's is a total disregard for planning.

We were bursting at the seams enough to be able to sign 19 players last season. That proved to be a mistake as we prioritised quantity over quality. However,  we should certainly have had cover for centre midfield and sending Edwards out on loan was another mistake. Plan A was to play Haring at centre half, as confirmed by PH himself, so who was earmarked for centre mid? You can't complain about injuries hampering us while simultaneously defending the fact that we sent out those who would have covered, out on loan. We do have plentiful resources but they have been used badly.

55 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We were bursting at the seams enough to be able to sign 19 players last season. That proved to be a mistake as we prioritised quantity over quality. However,  we should certainly have had cover for centre midfield and sending Edwards out on loan was another mistake. Plan A was to play Haring at centre half, as confirmed by PH himself, so who was earmarked for centre mid? You can't complain about injuries hampering us while simultaneously defending the fact that we sent out those who would have covered, out on loan. We do have plentiful resources but they have been used badly.

We got extra players in because we were running a reserve team and had released quite a number previously.

I do not know the facts behind Edwards.  Enlighten us, please.  Facts, not speculation.

Plan A may have been to play Haring at CD but it must then have been a masterstroke of Levein's to move him forward.

Most of these sent out were youths to gain experience and game time rather than sit on the bench.  If CL had had any pre-ideas of the injuries or the scale of the injuries I'm sure he would have done things differently.  Maybe now you can tell us who is going to get injured this coming season and even

add how long they will out for.

WITH HINDSIGHT, one can now say our resources would have been used better if we had been able to see into the future last Summer.  Here is your chance to shine and let us know what is going to happen for next season.

Watt-Zeefuik
On 02/06/2019 at 11:16, Jambof3tornado said:

We've had plenty time since cathro departed.  Unfair to continue to blame him.

IMO it takes three seasons to build a fully solid squad, when one doesn't have funny money to throw around. If we had gone straight from Neilson's last, not-fabulous-but-not-terrible team to Levein, we'd be in much better shape by now. Instead Cathro chased off many of our better squad and role players and recruited players that make shite look like Messi.

We would have been in good shape this season but lost 5 of our most important players to significant time due to injury. If we'd been luckier on the injury front, I have no doubt we'd have finished 3rd or 4th. As it is we got a cup final run and were frankly the better team on the park in the final. 

We don't know how many more high quality seasons Berra and Naismith have in them. Berra in particular never looked fully back on his game after injury. Maybe they're both already too injury prone.

But I can't believe how many folk are forgetting that before we got gutted by injuries, we were flying and it was glorious to watch. Then both Uche and Naismith went down in October and it fell apart. We made it to the Halloween derby having only dropped 5 points.

Could we maybe run that team out one more time with one more transfer window and hope for better injury luck?

Watt-Zeefuik
13 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I wish people researched players before they spraffed shit.

Haring has played bits of his career in midfield. So he is not a pure defender and has experience in midfield.

Yes he was signed as a defender but to criticise Levein - for spotting once he was here and he got to know him better - that he would be best placed in midfield is just completely mental.

Haring is one of the most complete DM’s in the league and a critical part of our team.

Thank **** Levein, having spent time training and coaching him, had the wisdom to switch his position.

To slag Levein for that makes you Michael Stewart IMO.

He's the same fool who signed Paul Hartley and refused to play him at his prior position at right mid. Clearly ruined Hartley's career. GTF.

Alex Kintner
21 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I agree with a lot of what you say but I don't think Lafferty was ever going to last long after Levein took over. Doesn't fit the "identikit" character that he seems to look for, arguably though the kind of free thinker that wins games.

Free thinkers like Naismith, Valois, Fuller and Pereira? ?