5 Year plan - regressed.

UcheGang

bringonthesevco
8 hours ago, sadj said:

This years past 5 have to be written off (to a degree) the focus was on making sure we had a shot in the final with the injuries etc plaguing the team. Not something we can really rip into the club for. It nearly worked. Not good enough normally but in the circumstances this year it is what it is.

If a fan of another team said that we’d be ripping the pi$$ out of them ....

we wrote off the last 5 games and a chance to get significantly improved prize money to save ourselves for a final which we lost .....

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• JamboAl

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AlphonseCapone
8 hours ago, UcheGang said:

So can anyone disagree with the points made and think it's acceptable for a club our stature to be in the situation?

Your OP mentioned the 5 year plan and then went into a rant about a lot of things. You said you were going to be rational. If so, you should have stated each of the claims in the 5 year plan and pointed out what we had and then hadn't achieved. Then it could have been a rational debate. 

8 hours ago, sadj said:

“We must put in place a 3-5-year plan that will see our commercial activities totally re-vamped, such that they once again provide a solid financial under-pinning to our football club

?

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

I seen right through her after the first season. We won't be loaning players from England like everyone else we will develop and sell from within.  If I remember correctly big double page spread in the papers about it ??

????????

Been nothing but loans since and not one player promoted and sold.

She talks in buzz words and the office workies on here sook it up like lap dogs! Yet if you question you're a hobo ? 

As I've said Women shouldn't be involved in Football at that level. Get too emotional and attached. Half her ventures will be binned when she's gone thank ****

If "she", wasn't involved in football at that level we'd be liquidated and Tynecastle would be flats right now. 

Probably what you wanted tho, being a hobo. 

9 hours ago, UcheGang said:

Now that the season is officially over and we're now at the end of the five year plan, it's open season on the club as far as I'm concerned.  As gutted as I am at losing at the weekend I am not prepared to get emotional and irrational.  Now is the time to put the club under the microscope and ask just what the **** is exactly going on.  A few points to update first and foremost.

Playing record and performances

Adding in the fixtures played (and inevitably lost) since the initial post, our league record against the other sides in the top six since we cam back up now reads as

Aberdeen - Played 16, won 5, drew 3, lost 8

Celtic - Played 16, won 2, drew 2, lost 12

Rangers - Played 12, won 2, drew 1, lost 9

Hibs - Played 8, won 2, drew 3, lost 3

Kilmarnock - Played 14, won 5, drew 4, lost 5

Total - Played 66, won 16, drew 13, lost 37

It's a 56% loss record against our five nearest rivals.  Every single team has a better head to head record against us with the exception of Kilmarnock who we are level with, however they have a budget a fraction the size of ours.  It is absolutely pathetic.

The derby record

Since stealing a draw at Easter Road last month, the derby record now reads played 17, won 4, drew 7 and lost 6 during the Budge/Levein era.  Four derbies won in 17 games.  Just four in five years.  A win percentage of 23% in that time.  It is totally unacceptable.

We've finished below Hibs two seasons in a row for the first time in 25 years.  Hibs had their best run against us since the 70s.  They finally beat us at Tynecastle for the first time in five or six years.  Hibs have had more season of European football than us these last five years.  All of these record breaking feats have happened under the stewardship of Levein and Budge.  It's a rivalry, we have to strive to be better than them in every single thing that we do and the owner doesn't give a **** about it one jot.

League position

We finished third when we first came back up.  Then we finished fifth under Cathro and then Levein has lead us to two successive sixth place finishes.  How can nobody at the club see a quite obvious dramatic decline?  How can anyone at the club deem it acceptable to not improve on or maintain a decent league position?  Any other club in the country the management would be emptied for similar performances.  Why does the owner think this is acceptable?  Levein has yet to finish higher in the league than the much derided Cathro yet Budge is given him a free reign to do whatever the **** he wants.  To have Hibs finish above us twice in a row is a digrace but then teams Like Kilmarnock who are a club a fraction of the size of us is a disgrace.

Budge's contempt

I'm getting really hacked off with her quite obvious contempt of the fans and thinking we zip up the back.  There was the article someone linked at the weekend - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48389296 - and it's quite staggering how little she thinks of the fans.  Her telling people that Levein isn't bombproof when the evidence suggests otherwise is staggering.  Her comments about fans never accepting Levein even if he won us a treble of our own show she's just not living in the real world.  It's almost a "you don't know what you're talking about, give me the cash and I'll do as I please".  She talks about how she's received some small level of abuse from fans in the stand during games.  She's going to be in for a shock next season in that case.  It's going to get a whole lot worse.   If next season is anything like this season - and the evidence suggests it will be, if not worse - the abuse from the stands will magnify big time.  There has been absolutely no update on season ticket sales, they're clearly nowhere near previous levels.  She's refusing to see the obvious.

This is the same Ann Budge who allowed the war memorial to be trivialised and milked for all its worth.  It was pointed out to me yesterday (and I'd forgotten all about this to be honest) that when Cathro was binned, Budge ****ed off on holiday!  Instead of hanging around to help appoint a manager, she disappeared and then opted to appoint the man who was along the corridor.  It's staggering the way she views the fans as customers.  Lecturing fans at every junction, moaning like **** because fans misbehaved and holding us responsible because she is choosing to install a CCTV system for six figures.  But to then accuse the fans of costing the club money, when she has signed off and sanctioned the signing of so many duds under her tenure is embarrassing.  We must have wasted literally millions in terms of wages and transfer fees on some of the donkeys we've had and yet she points the finger at the fans?  The same fans who have constantly and persistently been asked to dig deep and put their hands in their pockets to fund and bail out he club.  The same fans milked for every penny with countless tribute tops and the God awful cash cow embarrassment.  Don't accuse the fans of costing the club money when you've spunked so much of it on utter rubbish.  To guilt trip the fans because yet again, she is choosing to buy some CCTV worth over 100k is embarrassing.  Don't go and recruit a manager for the women's team from one of the biggest clubs in the world and yet when it comes to the men's team - the one everyone actually pays to see and brings us in money - just knock on Levein's door down the corridor.

Recruitment 

Everyone knows its been a shambles but I'm already concerned to hear both Levein and Budge state there won't be many changes during the summer and we won't be bringing in too many players.  We've got a tonne of dead wood that need emptied and we're at least a forward, a creative midfield, one possibly two wingers, a centre back and a keeper away from being a decent side.  We might have some youngsters coming through and maybe Levein's plan is to chuck them all in next season but I've zero confidence in him managing them properly.

Summary

The club is sleeping walking its way into further disaster.  There an similarities between when Cathro should have been emptied after his first season but was allowed the entire summer and leage cup matches to turn it around and he ****ed that up, so we ruined that entire pre-season.  If Levein isn't bombproof like Budge suggests, at what point does she pull the trigger and bin him?  How bad does it have to get for her to say enough is enough?  Are we letting Levein plan for the summer and **** up pre-season only to sack him in September?  How many times are we going to roll the dice and risk season after season, another season written off before it gets going.  We're at risk of history repeating itself.

We're entering the sixth year under Budge and Levein.  They have failed to deliver on almost every single promise they made.  We've blown and are continuing to blow the opportunity handed to us all because Levein and Budge are too stubborn to do anything about it.  It's going to be a long and grim summer ahead, starting with the tragic league cup group stages.  Can't wait.

Seen this wonderfully summed up on the supporters page on FB and it's hard to disagree with anything.

truly harrowing when put in black and white.

Be honest now. It was this poll that tipped the cheese from your cracker wasn’t it?

CC83A3C3-0417-4145-8A69-CBD127CDD17D.png

jambogirlglasgow
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

If "she", wasn't involved in football at that level we'd be liquidated and Tynecastle would be flats right now. 

Probably what you wanted tho, being a hobo. 

Good to know Bernard Manning lives on... 

AGoodLaugh

Just to take on one part of the OP, Cathro did not take us to fifth - he took us to fifth from third and given a full season would have taken us to bottom half and potentially a relegation battle. Nobody is happy with how things are going at the moment but to suggest Levein's record is worse than Cathro's is either idiotic or a lie. 

John mcCartney

A damning post indeed,well said O.P

No s.t money from me  until the old squirm allocation is slashed and the bootroom and john murray  are gone.

Ann Budge is cultivating an ostrich farm at Tynecastle Park.

cosanostra

I agree with a lot of the OP.

The "luxury of time" debacle after Cathro was canned still pisses me right off. To wait weeks and then appoint Levein was just absurd.

I also don't fully believe that Levein is bomb proof. I think any other club would have been looking elsewhere by now. 

I'm sick and tired of saying to myself "this must be his last chance now" but it never is. 

The thought of another season at least under Levein is not a good prospect. His signings have been poor and performances have been dismal.

What is it going to take to get him out? How bad do we have to become?

Massively frustrated at the moment and It'll be interesting to see how ST sales and attendances are affected.

Thought Police
21 minutes ago, The People's Chimp said:

“Thought Police” 

Just a shame he took that much time to repeat thoughts that have been said a million times on here.

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

You’ve spent quite a considerable amount of time & effort to say “Jam tomorrow “

If 30 seconds constitutes ‘quite a considerable amount of time and effort’, I feel for your lovers ...

33 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Shite reference Doddie. 

We struggled for the first 3 seasons. 

For comparison, Robbie was well ahead of his curve but many fans wanted him gone. 

First 3 seasons, Doddie. 

Non promotion, promotion (by a point, 2nd, not even first), then 6th. 

Robbie 

1st, 3rd, in about 2nd/3rd

Neither had notable Cup runs. 

CL, 6TH, 6TH

Lc semi and sc final. 

Many on here would have demanded Doddie never even seen his second season. 

Our whole recovery from a yo-yo side to top team would have not even happened if we listened to that. 

Some things take time. 

You need to put different eras in context. Pre Macdonald and Jardine we were a genuine yo yo team so actually slowly building in the premier league was a big step up. Mercer took a good while to get the club back on an even keel. 

People are frustrated now because the club is on an even keel but the football side has stagnated.

The subject of season ticket renewal is a completely different ball game now as well. Most people never had season tickets in the 80s, it was predominantly walk ups because you could still stand beside your mates. Now if you want to do that it makes more sense to buy a season ticket. 

Mr Elwood P
7 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

The next season is a big one for our club. Spectacular progress has to be made on the last 2 seasons. I’m of the, let Levein have his last year, opinion, but it’s “last chance saloon” for him.

But I’ve seen a lot worse in my time. Not that we should accept the failure to finish higher than 6th again.

I still remember that game against Motherwell, at home, when we stayed down. Fans shouting at Mercer, wanting Doddie away. The next wee while wasn’t bad. 

We need to wind our necks in and go again, but it has to be better next time.

What would spectacular progress be? If we finish 3rd or 4th but didn’t make it to either semi final of the cup competitions is that better or worse than this season? 

“Jam Tomorrow”

This season’s “bootroom”, “group think”, “echo chamber” or “fanboy”. Good-oh. ?

AlphonseCapone
30 minutes ago, Barack said:

It's not his OP, mate. ??

Ah it's been lifted from elsewhere. I still think my point stands in general. There's much improvement needed on the football front and a debate on that is merited (not that it's lacking across the forum just now). And I think it's fair to look at the 5 year plan and measure how we've done but as that lifted post shows too often folk start off with, "We had this 5 year plan to.." then descend into stuff that's nothing to do with it, for example, the entire section on Ann Budge's contempt which is simply subjective rambling really. 

Psychedelicropcircle
9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If 30 seconds constitutes ‘quite a considerable amount of time and effort’, I feel for your lovers ...

Lol back to the point it’s always just around the corner! 

56 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

??????

They're in the Hearts song.... Fffs. 

A song recorded in 1958 (I think) 

That's the bases for a debate on football and spend in 2019?

How old am I, the irony. 

I'm giving the op's argument some Co text. 

We spent twice of Killie/ Motherwell, St Johnstone and the likes, celtic spent 9x more than  us, yet folk think we should beat Killie etc  all the time because we have more money but also be competitive with Celtic? 

Where's the logic? 

Nah, but it's in a song so we should beat them. 

?????

Did I say we should beat Celtic? No, however they are our rivals always have been always will be

John Findlay
9 hours ago, UcheGang said:

So can anyone disagree with the points made and think it's acceptable for a club our stature to be in the situation?

A club 145 years old. League champions 4 times. The last in 1960.

League cup winners 4 times. The last in 1962.

Scottish Cup winners 8 times. The last in 2012.

So what exactly is our stature?

You are aware the Queens Park have won the Scottish Cup twice more than we have?

There is a very good argument we have been under achieving since 1874 and there are those that think it is something new.

Cba reading that whole OP. Theres some valid points in there buried under all the ranting but it’s all stuff thats been said a million times before. “Open season on the club” why would you want to spend your time having malicious pops at the club you supposedly support?

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Lol back to the point it’s always just around the corner! 

I wouldn’t say so. Success was realised almost instantly. We won the Championship at a canter, we then finished 3rd in the Premiership. The wheels came off under Cathro. This season we have progressed massively in the cup competitions but have had a disappointing league campaign. I’m pretty sure if Levein has us in 3rd place next season but doesn’t have us at Hampden that will be grounds for dismissal in the minds of some posters.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

The People's Chimp
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You are aware the Queens Park have won the Scottish Cup twice more than we have?

There is a very good argument we have been under achieving since 1874 and there are those that think it is something new.

Not a good argument when you consider the budget we have. Queens Park won those when the game was very different, and you know that. We should have had another one tucked away under our belt last weekend as well. 

pathetic post tbh, not a million miles away. Aberdeen a well run ship for a while now and killie/hibs purple patches. Heckingbottom coming in just fell in to place for them then momunteum/desire beats talent at points.

Definetly wouldn't say the recruitment is awful. 

Very negative post. Take the best players out of any team they crumble slowly.  

Challenged for europe until unfortunate split fixtures and a few poor results.

Theres finance to invest and we still have a stadium to be feared.

A semi final and a cup final that went to the last 8 minutes against one of the greatest Septic teams of all time ( not abilty but pure achievement and hard to beat ) 

Suck it up and think how much you weren't complaining top of the league and not one injury 9 months ago.

SectionDJambo
38 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What would spectacular progress be? If we finish 3rd or 4th but didn’t make it to either semi final of the cup competitions is that better or worse than this season? 

The current thinking of those who want Levein out now, is that the Scottish cup run was easy and covered up the failings in the league.

Presumably, they would be happy with comfortable European qualification, finishing well above Hibs, having some success, or at least ambition, in Glasgow and having a great home record. If we were challenging for the championship, that would be a welcome bonus. 

Cup runs do tend to depend on the luck of the draw, 1998 being our outstanding example. But we do need to get to semi finals, at least, more often.

Harry Potter
46 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

:lol: some reply,  

David McCaig
10 hours ago, sadj said:

This years past 5 have to be written off (to a degree) the focus was on making sure we had a shot in the final with the injuries etc plaguing the team. Not something we can really rip into the club for. It nearly worked. Not good enough normally but in the circumstances this year it is what it is.

and yet we still managed to put a clearly injured Uche back on for the 2nd Half v Killie!!

John Findlay
16 minutes ago, The People's Chimp said:

Not a good argument when you consider the budget we have. Queens Park won those when the game was very different, and you know that. We should have had another one tucked away under our belt last weekend as well. 

Are you one of those people that believe football started with Sky television in 1992?

Not a good argument. It's the only argument. Fact we as a football club have been in existence for 145 years.

Fact in all that time we have won 16 major domestic trophies. One of those trophies didn't come into being until 1946/47. 

We win the league championship once every 38 years approx.

Scottish Cup once every 19 years approx.

League cup once every 16 years approx.

Now tell me we've just started under achieving.

Appointing loyal club players at Hearts has invariably meant mediocre football and results. CL is no exception to this and his record here and elsewhere as a manager has been poor. No amount of spinning by the happy clappers can make up for the utter dross we have had to watch at home since the turn of the year.

David McCaig
30 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You do realise that for Queen's Park's first Scottish Cup win, 15 of the 16 clubs who entered were actually cricket clubs!!!

They beat Clydesdale Cricket Club in the Final, which was played at West of Scotland Cricket Clubs ground.

Mr Elwood P
10 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The current thinking of those who want Levein out now, is that the Scottish cup run was easy and covered up the failings in the league.

Presumably, they would be happy with comfortable European qualification, finishing well above Hibs, having some success, or at least ambition, in Glasgow and having a great home record. If we were challenging for the championship, that would be a welcome bonus. 

Cup runs do tend to depend on the luck of the draw, 1998 being our outstanding example. But we do need to get to semi finals, at least, more often.

So the much maligned Robbie Neilson then? Finished 3rd, qualified for Europe, above Hibs by 20 odd points in season one, left them in a lower league for season two, won at Ibrox to start the Championship season, managed a draw at Parkhead, fantastic home record throughout - result: plane hired to attempt to force him out the club!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

John Findlay
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

You do realise that for Queen's Park's first Scottish Cup win, 15 of the 16 clubs who entered were actually cricket clubs!!!

They beat Clydesdale Cricket Club in the Final, which was played at West of Scotland Cricket Clubs ground.

Does it matter. They beat what was in front of them. Their name is on the trophy 10 times. Ours 8. Queens Park are only 7 years older than Hearts.

SectionDJambo
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So the much maligned Robbie Neilson then? Finished 3rd, qualified for Europe, above Hibs by 20 odd points in season one, left them in a lower league for season two, won at Ibrox to start the Championship season, managed a draw at Parkhead, fantastic home record throughout - result: plane hired to attempt to force him out the club!

Not much maligned by me. 

There are some Hearts fans who will never be happy. Social media has given them a platform to share their views with a wider audience, along with the people who are just hanging around to cause mischief.

When Hearts fans get behind the team they are brilliant, but we must be the most critical bunch of all the bigger clubs in Scotland.

Tynecastle should be a ground that other teams fear. The steep stands, fans close to the pitch and the noise that can be generated. Instead, they know that if they can frustrate Hearts for a short time, the fans will turn against their team.

3 hours ago, UcheGang said:

Alot of you seem to be too blinkered to say a bad word about the club. A shame really.

The stats and facts are there in fromt of you yet you just put your fingers in your ears and cover your eyes.

We have played 18 players at LB in 5 years but yeah recruitment isn't bad.

How have the club responded to your concerns?

I assume you have put your points across to Mrs Budge etc otherwise it's just all hot air.

Edited by jambogemz

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Not much maligned by me. 

There are some Hearts fans who will never be happy. Social media has given them a platform to share their views with a wider audience, along with the people who are just hanging around to cause mischief.

When Hearts fans get behind the team they are brilliant, but we must be the most critical bunch of all the bigger clubs in Scotland.

Tynecastle should be a ground that other teams fear. The steep stands, fans close to the pitch and the noise that can be generated. Instead, they know that if they can frustrate Hearts for a short time, the fans will turn against their team.

I agree with that entirely. The atmosphere at the start of the season and that at the end of the season was entirely different. The most interesting aspect of this is that the best performances were against Celtic and Aberdeen, when the hatred of the opposition overrides the hatred of Levein and even our own players.

2 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

I seen right through her after the first season. We won't be loaning players from England like everyone else we will develop and sell from within.  If I remember correctly big double page spread in the papers about it ??

????????

Been nothing but loans since and not one player promoted and sold.

She talks in buzz words and the office workies on here sook it up like lap dogs! Yet if you question you're a hobo ? 

As I've said Women shouldn't be involved in Football at that level. Get too emotional and attached. Half her ventures will be binned when she's gone thank ****

Christ is that a serious post?

I honestly thought it was a piss take on how I8 would post on this thread.  :unsure: 

It’s kinda sweet this little reunion tbh. Not often you get the entire extended family all over for a visit at the same time. ?

David McCaig
23 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Does it matter. They beat what was in front of them. Their name is on the trophy 10 times. Ours 8. Queens Park are only 7 years older than Hearts.

Of course it matters, otherwise Queens Park would start every year as third favourites.

37 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Probs levein hired the plane ??

John Findlay
14 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Of course it matters, otherwise Queens Park would start every year as third favourites.

??????????????

14 minutes ago, Barack said:

Shame it's a like an inbred Hillbilly family.

But still.

Indeed. Still, at least they carpooled. ?

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

Cba reading that whole OP. Theres some valid points in there buried under all the ranting but it’s all stuff thats been said a million times before. “Open season on the club” why would you want to spend your time having malicious pops at the club you supposedly support?

That’s the bit that sticks out for me as well. Can’t imagine a genuine Hearts fan typing something like that.

Gorillajam

Can't disagree with the OP too much. The recruitment has overall been very poor. Neilson did indeed land us a third place finish but The Rangers and Hibs were out of the equation - god knows what was going on at Dundee Utd that season. Levein was apparently in charge of recruitment and was a touchstone for Cathro during his helm - Levein is to blame for the recruitment in recent years. Personally I feel he's behind the times and hasn't realized football has moved on since the days of Mark De Vries and Ricardo Fuller - the game has evolved since the early 00's. Clearly the new stand and pitch have affected the playing budget.

Thankfully we are playing within our means now however we can no longer expect to return to the days of Romanov. Don't be disillusioned into thinking we are a decent side due to reaching the Scottish Cup final - I'v never know any club to have such good fortune in cup draws as we did this season. No offence to Kilmarnock and my intention is not to sound arrogant but we should never finish beneath them in the league - our playing budget is considerably greater. You can justify the OF, Hibs, Aberdeen and even Dundee Utd (once they regain SPL status) finishing above us. So long as we remain within our means/playing budget I can see us hovering around mid table obscurity with the occasional third or fourth finish. I'd be interested to see how our annual turnover compares to the rest of the SPL as that holds an indication of where your clubs stands amongst the others.

I do believe Budge has stabilized the club and that for the foreseeable future we are financially secure without fear of an administration repeat. Remember Budge is only worth 30 million or so - don't expect vast amounts of investments being poured into the squad during her time here. I don't know if this is the case but Hibs seem to be investing more into their playing squad then ourselves. I was only reading today they hope to secure McNulty and McGeough - they've already secured the signature of both Allan and Jackson (albeit an unknown quantity). I'm also curious to see what Mark Ogren (Dundee Utd Chairman) will do for Utd. What type of financial backing he will be able to provide and their trajectory over the next several years. Aberdeen are finally being run appropriately after 20+ years of mismanagement and are hoping to increase their turnover to 20 million which in the immediate future I cannot see ourselves achieving. I don't disagree that the last 7 years have been incredibly frustrating however I'm personally happy our club still exists as it was only a few years ago I was fearing the worst.  

Edited by Gorillajam

3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

That’s the bit that sticks out for me as well. Can’t imagine a genuine Hearts fan typing something like that.

Dunno. We now live in a time where our owner can be called a “greedy granny’, our manager a “craven serial loser”, and people hire planes to get managers punted. It’s a brave new world.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

11 hours ago, UcheGang said:

Now that the season is officially over and we're now at the end of the five year plan, it's open season on the club as far as I'm concerned.  As gutted as I am at losing at the weekend I am not prepared to get emotional and irrational.  Now is the time to put the club under the microscope and ask just what the **** is exactly going on.  A few points to update first and foremost.

Playing record and performances

Adding in the fixtures played (and inevitably lost) since the initial post, our league record against the other sides in the top six since we cam back up now reads as

Aberdeen - Played 16, won 5, drew 3, lost 8

Celtic - Played 16, won 2, drew 2, lost 12

Rangers - Played 12, won 2, drew 1, lost 9

Hibs - Played 8, won 2, drew 3, lost 3

Kilmarnock - Played 14, won 5, drew 4, lost 5

Total - Played 66, won 16, drew 13, lost 37

It's a 56% loss record against our five nearest rivals.  Every single team has a better head to head record against us with the exception of Kilmarnock who we are level with, however they have a budget a fraction the size of ours.  It is absolutely pathetic.

The derby record

Since stealing a draw at Easter Road last month, the derby record now reads played 17, won 4, drew 7 and lost 6 during the Budge/Levein era.  Four derbies won in 17 games.  Just four in five years.  A win percentage of 23% in that time.  It is totally unacceptable.

We've finished below Hibs two seasons in a row for the first time in 25 years.  Hibs had their best run against us since the 70s.  They finally beat us at Tynecastle for the first time in five or six years.  Hibs have had more season of European football than us these last five years.  All of these record breaking feats have happened under the stewardship of Levein and Budge.  It's a rivalry, we have to strive to be better than them in every single thing that we do and the owner doesn't give a **** about it one jot.

League position

We finished third when we first came back up.  Then we finished fifth under Cathro and then Levein has lead us to two successive sixth place finishes.  How can nobody at the club see a quite obvious dramatic decline?  How can anyone at the club deem it acceptable to not improve on or maintain a decent league position?  Any other club in the country the management would be emptied for similar performances.  Why does the owner think this is acceptable?  Levein has yet to finish higher in the league than the much derided Cathro yet Budge is given him a free reign to do whatever the **** he wants.  To have Hibs finish above us twice in a row is a digrace but then teams Like Kilmarnock who are a club a fraction of the size of us is a disgrace.

Budge's contempt

I'm getting really hacked off with her quite obvious contempt of the fans and thinking we zip up the back.  There was the article someone linked at the weekend - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48389296 - and it's quite staggering how little she thinks of the fans.  Her telling people that Levein isn't bombproof when the evidence suggests otherwise is staggering.  Her comments about fans never accepting Levein even if he won us a treble of our own show she's just not living in the real world.  It's almost a "you don't know what you're talking about, give me the cash and I'll do as I please".  She talks about how she's received some small level of abuse from fans in the stand during games.  She's going to be in for a shock next season in that case.  It's going to get a whole lot worse.   If next season is anything like this season - and the evidence suggests it will be, if not worse - the abuse from the stands will magnify big time.  There has been absolutely no update on season ticket sales, they're clearly nowhere near previous levels.  She's refusing to see the obvious.

This is the same Ann Budge who allowed the war memorial to be trivialised and milked for all its worth.  It was pointed out to me yesterday (and I'd forgotten all about this to be honest) that when Cathro was binned, Budge ****ed off on holiday!  Instead of hanging around to help appoint a manager, she disappeared and then opted to appoint the man who was along the corridor.  It's staggering the way she views the fans as customers.  Lecturing fans at every junction, moaning like **** because fans misbehaved and holding us responsible because she is choosing to install a CCTV system for six figures.  But to then accuse the fans of costing the club money, when she has signed off and sanctioned the signing of so many duds under her tenure is embarrassing.  We must have wasted literally millions in terms of wages and transfer fees on some of the donkeys we've had and yet she points the finger at the fans?  The same fans who have constantly and persistently been asked to dig deep and put their hands in their pockets to fund and bail out he club.  The same fans milked for every penny with countless tribute tops and the God awful cash cow embarrassment.  Don't accuse the fans of costing the club money when you've spunked so much of it on utter rubbish.  To guilt trip the fans because yet again, she is choosing to buy some CCTV worth over 100k is embarrassing.  Don't go and recruit a manager for the women's team from one of the biggest clubs in the world and yet when it comes to the men's team - the one everyone actually pays to see and brings us in money - just knock on Levein's door down the corridor.

Recruitment 

Everyone knows its been a shambles but I'm already concerned to hear both Levein and Budge state there won't be many changes during the summer and we won't be bringing in too many players.  We've got a tonne of dead wood that need emptied and we're at least a forward, a creative midfield, one possibly two wingers, a centre back and a keeper away from being a decent side.  We might have some youngsters coming through and maybe Levein's plan is to chuck them all in next season but I've zero confidence in him managing them properly.

Summary

The club is sleeping walking its way into further disaster.  There an similarities between when Cathro should have been emptied after his first season but was allowed the entire summer and leage cup matches to turn it around and he ****ed that up, so we ruined that entire pre-season.  If Levein isn't bombproof like Budge suggests, at what point does she pull the trigger and bin him?  How bad does it have to get for her to say enough is enough?  Are we letting Levein plan for the summer and **** up pre-season only to sack him in September?  How many times are we going to roll the dice and risk season after season, another season written off before it gets going.  We're at risk of history repeating itself.

We're entering the sixth year under Budge and Levein.  They have failed to deliver on almost every single promise they made.  We've blown and are continuing to blow the opportunity handed to us all because Levein and Budge are too stubborn to do anything about it.  It's going to be a long and grim summer ahead, starting with the tragic league cup group stages.  Can't wait.

Seen this wonderfully summed up on the supporters page on FB and it's hard to disagree with anything.

truly harrowing when put in black and white.

Post of the year. By a mile. Shows how far we’ve come eh ?? Ostriches on here will react accordingly. 

In the same way that Levein cannot accept that football has changed since the 2000's, it seems that many fans cannot accept that society has changed since the 1970's.

Off-field the club is going great guns and increasing revenue on every front.

On-field it's a shambles with crap recruitment, crap tactics and crap coaches.

Demanding success is healthy as long as the club maintains measured approach including not sacking their manager every season like say in the English Championship.

It's certainly the case that the overall football last 2/3 years have been poor. 

The 5 year plan did include challenging for the league by now which we've fallen short. The 2 main disruptions were firstly Robbie Neilson leaving when he had committed to the plan. A big disappinment and then of course a brave but failed decision to choose Cathro which set us back. 

And then of course the new stand. Certainly spending £9 million instead on Edouard might have helped in the Cup. But the revenues building will help us sign better players both for the first team and the academy. 

It is annoying to always be told 'wait for the youngsters' then little signs of that. But it is fair to say the Hickey age group is the first real promising group. It still might be 2 or 3 years to see the improvement for the team. 

We should be able to sign better players soon. This team isn't far away but it is fair to question it. 

I've always been positive in supporting Hearts and whoever is at the club. But I understand people who choose to complain and even are ignorant to helping the opposition by booing players.

The OP and some others could be more honest about what they really want perhaps. Songs and smoke bombs? Some of the comments about Ann Budge are just ignorant. 

But next season will be the one that either confirms the current approach or it will be changed. Ultimately Ann Budge is ruthless about Hearts being successful.