Dikamona

NB GIN

I am lost why this guy doesn’t play have been impressed every time I have watched hearts 

looks like he could play anywhere on the pitch very good footballer 

what contract is he on 

1 minute ago, NB GIN said:

I am lost why this guy doesn’t play have been impressed every time I have watched hearts 

what contract is he on 

Another year. He got a few injuries towards the tail end of the season.

vegas-voss
1 minute ago, NB GIN said:

what contract is he on 

Think he extended for another year

I think Dikamona gets a lot of backing because of his Jambo warrior stuff. 

Some games hes been pretty good, other times he has been poor. For me, he is a really good stand in, if one of your main line centre halfs is out. For me hes not good enough to be one of our regular starters, but every time needs solid squad players and he is one of them. 

He isn’t good enough if we want to keep improving. 

Yeah he had an option which we took.

feel so bad for the guy, absolute warrior. Hopefully he gets a good shot next season. 

gashauskis9
21 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

what contract is he on 

Strange timing given that the season has just finished!

Robbo-Jambo

Better than Shaughnessy but think he has been injured or he surely would have been on the bench for the cup final. 

We have given him another year while the other has gone so you would think he would be above him in the pecking order. 

Hopefully see the best of him next season although think he will just be cover as Halkett has signed. 

Ricardo Shillyshally

This will go against the grain, but I think Levein wants ball playing centre Half's. Berra isn't one, but has other qualities.

Dikamona certainly isn't one

RustyRightPeg

Cult hero but personally think he's nothing more than a stand in.

I sh**e myself every time he has the ball at his feet.

Dagger Is Back

He’s an absolute warrior but he won’t be a first pick based on what we’ve seen so far.

Might turn out to be a decent option but not going to hold my breath. 

feedthefox

I'm with the OP on this, with Soapy possibly away, Berra creaking and the others leaving he must be given a confidence vote.

Bunny Munro

I like Clevid, as others have said he's a warrior who'll throw his body in the way if anything.

He's had limited game time due to shaughnessy coming in, Levein has been careful to give him a fair bit of game time as to not jeopardize future loan options.

1 hour ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

This will go against the grain, but I think Levein wants ball playing centre Half's. Berra isn't one, but has other qualities.

Dikamona certainly isn't one

If Levein wants ball playing CB's then why did he sign Berra? 

Was it Hearts v Motherwell in the league cup when Dikamona came on as a late sub and made that amazing defense-splitting pass to set up a goal by Olly Lee via Smith? There must be a video of that somewhere. Anyhow, for that pass alone plus some stout defending at Easter Road he deserves credit.

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Funniest thing with that, just before the goal with the ball deepnin our own half someone shouts ah cmon get it in the f@@@in box..

probably one of the same folk wanting Levein out for long ball stuff ?

back to clevid, like him - got some skills and a bit of a warrior

Ricardo Shillyshally
7 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Berra is a fantastic CH in so many ways, an experience campaigner to learn from, a very good captain and excellent ambassador for the club. 

That's just off the top of my head.

8 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Cathro signed Berra.  Fitted his style of football perfectly (if Berra had done some Box Soccer cone work)

I like him. Never let us down and very decent squad player.

Looked better than Shaughnessy from what I saw tbh so felt mental that we persisted with an average loan player rather than Dikamona if he was staying for another year. 

It's going to be a long summer. Seasons not even finished a week and folk are advocating Dikamona for the starting 11.

Either; short memories of the times he was as good as a man down, deliberate attempt at trolling, or there really is a lack of footballing brains in amongst our support.

12 hours ago, daftie said:

I think Dikamona gets a lot of backing because of his Jambo warrior stuff. 

Some games hes been pretty good, other times he has been poor. For me, he is a really good stand in, if one of your main line centre halfs is out. For me hes not good enough to be one of our regular starters, but every time needs solid squad players and he is one of them. 

He isn’t good enough if we want to keep improving. 

Tell me what games he has been poor in except from when he came on against Rangers as a sub because I cant think of any.

He's had some tremedous performances for us.

10 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Cult hero but personally think he's nothing more than a stand in.

I sh**e myself every time he has the ball at his feet.

Which is strange as I feel the opposite. When I see the ball going towards Shaughnessy i'm more worried. Dikamona isn't scared to get stuck in. The match against Motherwell when we lost in the last minute from the goalie mistake....I looked at the teams before kick-off and saw Shaughnessy's name there. Motherwell are a big physical team, perfect for Dikamona but they went with Shaughnessy instead. Was worried about that plus Mulraney playing left-back that day when Garuccio was on the bench. We lost the first goal when he was caught out of position. Did like Jimmy Dunne though, shame we couldn't manage to keep him longer, much better than Shaughnessy.

He's a squad player and plays with a lot of passion and heart. Will he start if everyone is fit, probably not. But first game at Easter road for example came in and was immense. Great guy to have around the place who can come in and do a job when required

14 hours ago, NB GIN said:

what contract is he on 

24 months with O2. Unlimited calls and texts, 10GB data.

4 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Berra is a fantastic CH in so many ways, an experience campaigner to learn from, a very good captain and excellent ambassador for the club. 

That's just off the top of my head.

He is a good old fashioned defender in the sense that he puts his body on the line and attacks the ball in the air well.

Unfortunately give him the ball on the ground and expect him to make decent passes is another matter entirely in which he struggles which was what my reply was about.

Edited by wavydavy

2 hours ago, Coco said:

Cathro signed Berra.  Fitted his style of football perfectly (if Berra had done some Box Soccer cone work)

I suppose as DOF Cl was exempt from any involvement in the signing process?

Gorgieshed

I think he is honking and should be nowhere near the team.

Never good enough for us. Championship player at best. Such a liability when he is playing, although so is Berra now.

52 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I suppose as DOF Cl was exempt from any involvement in the signing process?

He backed the H/Coach.  Should he not have done that?

There were many criticisms about him (supposedly) interfering in the playing side; now you're criticising him for not interfering.

What is/was it you actually want from him - apart from his resignation?

stirlingshirejambo
15 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Another year. He got a few injuries towards the tail end of the season.

I think Shaughnessy got the nod over him because he can play on the left of a 3. Meaning Berra could go central

I like him as a stand in but I wouldn't want him starting every week as his distribution is too much of a hit or miss We cant only rely on Souttar to play ball out of defence as opposition know if they close him down we are screwed if he has to pass to Berra or Dikamona

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

He backed the H/Coach.  Should he not have done that?

There were many criticisms about him (supposedly) interfering in the playing side; now you're criticising him for not interfering.

What is/was it you actually want from him - apart from his resignation?

As usual Al you take my comments out of context. If you read my first comment on this thread it was relating to an earlier post about CL wanting ball playing CB's which is why I made my comment.

Berra is a great defender but that is where it stops. Don't ask him to pass a ball otherwise we are in trouble.

Coco reminded me that it was in fact Cathro who signed Berra to which I referred to CL as DOF.

You see that as a criticism I see it as a fact and as DOF he would sanction the signing of all players so has an element of responsibilty which of course works two ways in that he can take credit for some and not for others.

As I said earlier I have no problem with Berra being a Hearts player and Captian if you choose to see it differently then that's up to you.

I just hope Berra takes advantage of the summer break to get a rest and come back to his earlier form.

21 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

As usual Al you take my comments out of context. If you read my first comment on this thread it was relating to an earlier post about CL wanting ball playing CB's which is why I made my comment.

Berra is a great defender but that is where it stops. Don't ask him to pass a ball otherwise we are in trouble.

Coco reminded me that it was in fact Cathro who signed Berra to which I referred to CL as DOF.

You see that as a criticism I see it as a fact and as DOF he would sanction the signing of all players so has an element of responsibilty which of course works two ways in that he can take credit for some and not for others.

As I said earlier I have no problem with Berra being a Hearts player and Captian if you choose to see it differently then that's up to you.

I just hope Berra takes advantage of the summer break to get a rest and come back to his earlier form.

Davy, it's hard to take the comment "exempt from any involvement...." out of context.

You seem to have agreed that Cathro signed him but still felt it was worth a wee dig.  Of course, he would have some involvement as the man who as DoF would have a lot to do with the finalisation of transfers but that goes without saying.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Davy, it's hard to take the comment "exempt from any involvement...." out of context.

You seem to have agreed that Cathro signed him but still felt it was worth a wee dig.  Of course, he would have some involvement as the man who as DoF would have a lot to do with the finalisation of transfers but that goes without saying.

I took what Coco said as being correct as I have no reason to doubt him. Look back to my comment about the original post I replied to and that poster referred to Levein wanting ball playing CB's which is why I made my comments.

If you think that is a "wee dig" then take it that way. It makes no odds to me either way.

21 hours ago, NB GIN said:

what contract is he on 

I know he has been injured, but thought he would has had more game time.  Especially since the alternative was the dreadful Shaughnessy. 

RustyRightPeg
8 hours ago, jambonian said:

Which is strange as I feel the opposite. When I see the ball going towards Shaughnessy i'm more worried. Dikamona isn't scared to get stuck in. The match against Motherwell when we lost in the last minute from the goalie mistake....I looked at the teams before kick-off and saw Shaughnessy's name there. Motherwell are a big physical team, perfect for Dikamona but they went with Shaughnessy instead. Was worried about that plus Mulraney playing left-back that day when Garuccio was on the bench. We lost the first goal when he was caught out of position. Did like Jimmy Dunne though, shame we couldn't manage to keep him longer, much better than Shaughnessy.

I agree with re. Shaughnessy. Was never comfortable with him playing. I get he's a young modern day centre half who prefers to play from the back and isn't best pleased when he's up against a physical presence but I did expect more, perhaps Dunne set an unrealistic expectation for him.

Dikamona, there was a few times he tried to beat a man early on in his time at the club and it didn't quite go to plan, but fair play he's a confident lad and kept doing his thing. I personally just don't think he's of the required standard if we want to continually progress as a club.

Nothing to say he won't continue his development next season.  Consensus on here is that he's a very good guy to have around.

Good luck to him.

Yet another cart horse signed by Levein. One clown on JKB said that Uche was a 15 goal a season player. Unbelievable comment considered the lack of ability in both these two. 

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I took what Coco said as being correct as I have no reason to doubt him. Look back to my comment about the original post I replied to and that poster referred to Levein wanting ball playing CB's which is why I made my comments.

If you think that is a "wee dig" then take it that way. It makes no odds to me either way.

If Coco was correct and you did not doubt him, what relevance did CL have (apart from dealing with the admin necessities)?

17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If Coco was correct and you did not doubt him, what relevance did CL have (apart from dealing with the admin necessities)?

The same as he does with all signings. He approves them so is ultimately responsible ?

54 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The same as he does with all signings. He approves them so is ultimately responsible ?

Jesus wept!  Of course, he is ultimately responsible but are you blaming him for backing his H/Coach?

If he hadn't authorised the signing, would you have criticised him for interfering?

8 hours ago, Gorgieshed said:

I think he is honking and should be nowhere near the team.

Never good enough for us. Championship player at best. Such a liability when he is playing, although so is Berra now.

Sums up this place, some folk should take a wee holiday and come back refreshed and if they are still talking pish after that, well at least we tried.

Unknown user
22 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Jesus wept!  Of course, he is ultimately responsible but are you blaming him for backing his H/Coach?

If he hadn't authorised the signing, would you have criticised him for interfering?

:laugh:The first two words were exactly what I typed before going "what's the point?" and deciding not to post!