Liverpool to play at Murrayfield July 28th ?

CJGJ

Looking forward to the response on here when punters justify there non attendance at Hearts league cup ties because they were saving there cash for the Liverpool v Napoli game

some on here might just self combust...?

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckydug

• CJGJ

• Nookie Bear

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Prices not that bad if you consider 2020 prices at Hampden

Tickets for the Euro 2020 finals matches at Hampden Park will go on sale on Wednesday, with the most expensive tickets costing £165 (185 euros).

The Glasgow ground will stage three group games and one last-16 match.

There are three grades of prices for each of those games, with £111 the category two price and £45 for the least expensive seats.

The same three categories will be charged for the group stage and last-16 games at Wembley.

However, the cheapest ticket for a semi-final ticket at Wembley will be £76, with the most expensive ticket for the final at England's home ground set at £841. Tickets for all venues will be available until 12 July.

The qualification campaign for Euro 2020 concludes later this year, with Glasgow and London two of the 12 cities hosting finals matches.

Comparing a friendly to a competitive tournament to try justify high cost of your so called second team :laugh:

At least when Hearts charged £30 odd for Man City and Everton friendlies I knew it was going to the club and it was money they needed. This glorified friendly neither club needs the money, though I imagine SRU will pocket a nice sum.

Only thing I like about this friendly is that I really want Murrayfield to be the national stadium instead of polishing the shite that Hampden is, and this sort of thing will only highlight how much better Murrrayfield is with the superior views (which isn't perfect for football but still well ahead of shallow Hampden), higher capacity etc. Oh and Oriam just up the road instead of opposite side of the country...

Edited by kila

1 hour ago, kila said:

Comparing a friendly to a competitive tournament to try justify high cost of your so called second team :laugh:

At least when Hearts charged £30 odd for Man City and Everton friendlies I knew it was going to the club and it was money they needed. This glorified friendly neither club needs the money, though I imagine SRU will pocket a nice sum.

Only thing I like about this friendly is that I really want Murrayfield to be the national stadium instead of polishing the shite that Hampden is, and this sort of thing will only highlight how much better Murrrayfield is with the superior views (which isn't perfect for football but still well ahead of shallow Hampden), higher capacity etc. Oh and Oriam just up the road instead of opposite side of the country...

Fine post. ?

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, luckydug said:

Beats me why people are into this.

Hearts are our team , Hearts and only Hearts.

Our fans shouldn't be hanging on to the coat tails of some mega bucks franchise team.

People moan at the prices for Scottish football yet are happy to be rinsed for a friendly for two foreign teams.

Football as a sport is ****ed, it's all big business now.

Probably be two reserve teams anyway.

Mugs the lot of you. ?

The prices for the Euro 2020 games to be hosted at Hampden have been announced today. £45, £111 and £165!

Even if one of the games were Spain v Belgium, it's nonsense. 

We've got 3 tickets for this, part of my sons Christmas! 

Really looking forward to as getting tickets to see Liverpool at Anfield 

is just about impossible. 

Nucky Thompson
26 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Tickets almost hit 50k now. No child tickets left tho!

You mean they're not selling seats to children at child prices. Fecking greedy *******s

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You mean they're not selling seats to children at child prices. Fecking greedy *******s

Yeah they are trying to cash in since tickets selling so quick! I was in the middle of buying child ticket but site crashed and none available

• 1 month later...
davemclaren
Just now, CJGJ said:

Sold out.........so much for the doubters

A great result for Scottish football. Can’t wait for the next commercial bandwagon to roll along for an exhibition game. 😎

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

A great result for Scottish football. Can’t wait for the next commercial bandwagon to roll along for an exhibition game. 😎

The market is there for such a product

People may not like it but many are happy to attend a one off match...it does show there is a large football public out there in Edinburgh and surrounding areas.

Yes I am one of them and no I won't miss a Hearts match to do so.

davemclaren
Just now, CJGJ said:

The market is there for such a product

People may not like it but many are happy to attend a one off match...it does show there is a large football public out there in Edinburgh and surrounding areas.

Yes I am one of them and no I won't miss a Hearts match to do so.

I made my point early on in this thread. My views haven’t changed. Enjoy the match. 👍

Just now, davemclaren said:

I made my point early on in this thread. My views haven’t changed. Enjoy the match. 👍

Thanks Dave

I understand those who don't want to go..it is their choice but I just feel those trying to criticise those who do want to attend are acting as though they should decide where those people spend their money and how.

Салатные палочки

I just found my old man has two tickets for this and is taking......

My mum :cornette:

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Sold out.........so much for the doubters

If this is correct and all seats are used, unlike our LC semi where front rows were blocked out, then its the biggest ever football crowd ever in Edinburgh.

Feel a wee bit sad about that.

Nookie Bear
20 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Hearts bar open on Sunday for anyone going to the game looking for pre match drinks

£10/pint, hopefully.

200-300 Liverpool hooligans coming to Edinburgh "just in case" Napoli do what they always do against Liverpool 🥊

indianajones
On 11/06/2019 at 17:05, Regal Kingston said:

I hope it’s a good match and people have a great day out. I can get the fathers taking their kids. 

The prices are unreal though. Taking the utter piss for a friendly that will be littered with substitutions. 

I’m beginning to despise the EPL Tourist League. A greedy shitstain on the game that’s clearly forgotten its roots. This should be £20 tops. £50 family ticket. 

Despised it for a long time now and can't wait till the arse eventually falls out it. 

3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Despised it for a long time now and can't wait till the arse eventually falls out it. 

When will this be?

indianajones
Just now, SE16 3LN said:

When will this be?

Probably when world war three starts.  ie, no end in sight! 

EPL, Champions league - cancers to football. 

The Treasurer
On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 18:13, manaliveits105 said:

Where can I get a half Liverpool half Hearts scarf :greggy:

Sadly I know someone who has one of those from the Europa League tie and still wears it to all our games :sad:

davemclaren
37 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

200-300 Liverpool hooligans coming to Edinburgh "just in case" Napoli do what they always do against Liverpool 🥊

Thrilling. 🙄😎

Portable Badger
3 hours ago, dunciboyjambo said:

Looking for two tickets for this if anyone has spares going?

Mate of mine has two available - East stand E7 K. Two seats together £67 each (face value)

Fozzyonthefence
18 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Mate of mine has two available - East stand E7 K. Two seats together £67 each (face value)

£67 EACH?!  You’re having a laugh surely? That’s ****ing disgusting for a friendly.  Can’t believe there’s 67000 idiots that would pay obscene prices like that.  

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

£67 EACH?!  You’re having a laugh surely? That’s ****ing disgusting for a friendly.  Can’t believe there’s 67000 idiots that would pay obscene prices like that.  

I paid £28. £67 is absolute ROBBERY

Phil Dunphy

If you’re the kind of plastic who wants to watch a meaningless Liverpool game in Edinburgh because they’re “your team”, you deserve to get ripped off. 

Edited by Phil Dunphy

I've now got my ticket available if anyone wants it. Collection only. Face value £28. Been called into work on Sunday so can't go 

fabienleclerq
58 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Wow, people are paying near £70 for a kick about 😮

It's the sheer anger of some on here I can't get over

Telling people how they should spend their money just because they wouldn't purchase a ticket and letting their fake anger about the EPL and those who like watching their football from other countries come out in what some seem to want to see as moral superiority over fans who dare to like anything else other than Hearts

Just a little bit sad...oh and not forgetting the fake anti Liverpool or anti plastic posters as well

Fozzyonthefence
29 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

It's the sheer anger of some on here I can't get over

Telling people how they should spend their money just because they wouldn't purchase a ticket and letting their fake anger about the EPL and those who like watching their football from other countries come out in what some seem to want to see as moral superiority over fans who dare to like anything else other than Hearts

Just a little bit sad...oh and not forgetting the fake anti Liverpool or anti plastic posters as well

I don’t deny I now hate English football and the Champions League (speaking as someone who used to watch Man City at Maine Road when I lived down there and they were shite and in the old 2nd Division ).  Now they’re a great team but a franchise in a franchise league used by rich men as their train set - I have no interest in them / it.

Of course people can spend their money how they please but I find it sad that a global brand like Liverpool finds it necessary to rip off tens of thousands of their pretend fans as well as some of their real fans that will travel north for the game.  And sad that folk are gullible enough to pay these prices for what will likely be an uncompetitive, half paced stroll, which will only encourage them to do it again.  How many years until the first EPL game is held in Asia, USA or wherever?

I do find it strange that so many grown men need the comfort blanket of a big team to pretend they support though, most of them never even having set foot in their stadium.

Anyway, enjoy the game but it will likely be shite as most friendlies are. I think the last one I went to was Hearts v Barca and that was just a light kick about.  Could be wrong though but think it may have been Barca’s “home “ game and I think the ticket prices were pretty reasonable?

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Fozzyonthefence
4 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

If you’re the kind of plastic who wants to watch a meaningless Liverpool game in Edinburgh because they’re “your team”, you deserve to get ripped off. 

Indeed, but it just encourages Liverpool, etc to do more of this.  They don’t need the money, they could have priced this much more competitively.  Of course they will likely argue the full house justifies it but the stance they took with kids tickets in particular was really poor.

Out of interest, how much would you pay to watch your plastic team in a meaningless friendly?

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Indeed, but it just encourages Liverpool, etc to do more of this.  They don’t need the money, they could have priced this much more competitively.  Of course they will likely argue the full house justifies it but the stance they took with kids tickets in particular was really poor.

Out of interest, how much would you pay to watch your plastic team in a meaningless friendly?

I don't think it's LFC who are organising this but a third party who have invited the two teams (obviously paying each team a wedge to appear) so your automatic blaming of LFC is as predictable as it is wrong. If this is a big success and a sell out would certainly indicate it is going to be it may be the start of an annual event with different European giants being invited. 

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I don’t deny I now hate English football and the Champions League (speaking as someone who used to watch Man City at Maine Road when I lived down there and they were shite and in the old 2nd Division ).  Now they’re a great team but a franchise in a franchise league used by rich men as their train set - I have no interest in them / it.

Of course people can spend their money how they please but I find it sad that a global brand like Liverpool finds it necessary to rip off tens of thousands of their pretend fans as well as some of their real fans that will travel north for the game.  And sad that folk are gullible enough to pay these prices for what will likely be an uncompetitive, half paced stroll, which will only encourage them to do it again.  How many years until the first EPL game is held in Asia, USA or wherever?

I do find it strange that so many grown men need the comfort blanket of a big team to pretend they support though, most of them never even having set foot in their stadium.

Anyway, enjoy the game but it will likely be shite as most friendlies are. I think the last one I went to was Hearts v Barca and that was just a light kick about.  Could be wrong though but think it may have been Barca’s “home “ game and I think the ticket prices were pretty reasonable?

Check the ticket prices against Barcelona and you'll find they were not cheap..again relative to prices at the time

I fail to see the rip off factor you speak of ..prices are high but you don't have to buy a ticket.

These games are managed by private companies who pay the clubs to attend. They take a risk that the crowds will turn up and the clubs get a fee without risk

As to the match I tend to agree that they are often uncompetitive but again that is hardly a surprise for those who want to attend

Just a small point why make assumptions about people you don't know ?..you have no idea about the need for a comfort blanket or any connections to either club and it simply shows my point about some posters is true. 

It does smack of fake anger and somehow inferring they are not as morally superior as you....it may be unfair to tar you with that brush but comments like that just tend to infer that point of view

Just wrong but you kind of get used to it over the years...I've been to many grounds in England (inc Maine Road) and abroad and it's funny you never get accused of needing a 'comfort blanket' when you tell people you went to see Inter in Milan but mention Liverpool or even other English sides and just wait for the flak

The Napoli plastics will be pretty clear of any flak I'm sure

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I don't think it's LFC who are organising this but a third party who have invited the two teams (obviously paying each team a wedge to appear) so your automatic blaming of LFC is as predictable as it is wrong. If this is a big success and a sell out would certainly indicate it is going to be it may be the start of an annual event with different European giants being invited. 

Fair enough, makes more sense as to why it is all about making money.   And I have nothing against Liverpool, it’s just English football in general.

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I lost most interest in English football several years ago. Can't see the attraction in watching multi-millionaires in a soul-less arena surrounded by tourists. 

Needless to say, if Man Utd were playing Real Madrid at Murrayfield and the tickets were £10 a pop, I still wouldn't be that arsed to go.

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I lost most interest in English football several years ago. Can't see the attraction in watching multi-millionaires in a soul-less arena surrounded by tourists. 

Needless to say, if Man Utd were playing Real Madrid at Murrayfield and the tickets were £10 a pop, I still wouldn't be that arsed to go.

Of course you wouldn't it's Manchester United after all...…….with you all the way on that one.