Liverpool to play at Murrayfield July 28th ?

CJGJ

11 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

You need better connections TOT. Got to visit Anfield 9 times this year. Got a fan membership with 19 points on it so get every home game. Only go to the big games if it doesn’t clash with the famous so you’re welcome to use it I’m not going. Just PM me mate. It’s up for grabs on the occasions I don’t go 

:wow:  Nice gesture.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckydug

• CJGJ

• Nookie Bear

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Samuel Camazzola
43 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I wonder where Liverpool or Napoli might train when they are in Edinburgh?

I wonder if either would be interested in the best football training facilities in Scotland?

I wonder if the team that otherwise trained at those facilities might benefit in some way if this happened either with some shared training or a closed door bounced game in those circumstances?

St Andrews seems to be the choice of many clubs of most sports when they come to Scotland. 

Nookie Bear
20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Bit of a riddy for the SFA that they'd rather play at the national rugby stadium.

I’m kinda more surprised that Steven Gerrards connection didn’t mean the game was played at Ibrox. 

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

I wonder if either would be interested in the best football training facilities in Scotland?

I wonder if the team that otherwise trained at those facilities might benefit in some way if this happened either with some shared training or a closed door bounced game in those circumstances?

Liverpool will end up at Murray Park with the Gerrard connection. 

Napoli could be a nice wee link-up though - few Salvatori types on loan would be nice. 

Nookie Bear
23 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Napoli could be a nice wee link-up though - few Salvatori types on loan would be nice. 

Can we get some of their Ultras on loan instead?

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Bit of a riddy for the SFA that they'd rather play at the national rugby stadium.

Rhino skinned that lot but it wouldn't;t be a huge shock if the SRU see this as a chance to GIRUY GFA after the Hampden stitch up.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe get Man Utd v Real Madrid next season. 

Maybe the Scottish Cup final too :whistling:

10 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Rhino skinned that lot but it wouldn't;t be a huge shock if the SRU see this as a chance to GIRUY GFA after the Hampden stitch up.

Getting the CL winners is a bit of a coup for them. Wonder what showpiece game the SFA are planning to put on to "celebrate" the Hampden deal?

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Getting the CL winners is a bit of a coup for them. Wonder what showpiece game the SFA are planning to put on to "celebrate" the Hampden deal?

Scotland v England at Murrayfiled 

This is a rather bizarre fixture IMO and I'll be interested to see what ticket sales are like. Can't see the appeal myself. 

1 hour ago, stirlo said:

This is a rather bizarre fixture IMO and I'll be interested to see what ticket sales are like. Can't see the appeal myself. 

Yes imagine having the chance to see the current European Champions in your own home city with some of the best players in the world.

Having the chance to take kids to see players they may never get the chance to see live

Its hard to see the appeal.....really ?

There's no hope for some of you it seems

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

Or a Bruno ?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Yes imagine having the chance to see the current European Champions in your own home city with some of the best players in the world.

Having the chance to take kids to see players they may never get the chance to see live

I’m certainly looking forward to it if I can get a ticket.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m certainly looking forward to it if I can get a ticket.

How would you not get a ticket.

8 hours ago, stirlo said:

Will suit all the Liverpool plastics that have been infecting the pubs during the Euro competition...

2 hours ago, benny said:

There will be a lot of Liverpool and a few Napoli I reckon, add on people in Edinburgh and Glasgow.. it’s a day out in the capital it will be busy.

the general
8 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Aye if they play all the first teamers 

I P Knightley
16 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Who is twisting knickers? It’s all about opinion. National Associations exist to further the game in their own nation. I think this works against that. 

Schoolboy error - whilst you may be correct that the intention of the national association is to further the game in their own nation, it's pretty clear that the Scottish FA is inept and seems to exist only to further the interest of two teams and one city. They should be embarrassed that the switched on lads at Murrayfield have stolen a march on them.

It's not a competitive game, it's an entertainment event. No different, in my view, to a concert by someone like the Rolling Stones or any band with global appeal - great to have it in Edinburgh during tourist season. It's not taking anything away from local clubs and, as others have said, the marketing boys and girls at HMFC should be having a conflab today about how they can capitalise on 40,000 or so people with an interest in football within a mile of Tynecastle Park.

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Schoolboy error - whilst you may be correct that the intention of the national association is to further the game in their own nation, it's pretty clear that the Scottish FA is inept and seems to exist only to further the interest of two teams and one city. They should be embarrassed that the switched on lads at Murrayfield have stolen a march on them.

It's not a competitive game, it's an entertainment event. No different, in my view, to a concert by someone like the Rolling Stones or any band with global appeal - great to have it in Edinburgh during tourist season. It's not taking anything away from local clubs and, as others have said, the marketing boys and girls at HMFC should be having a conflab today about how they can capitalise on 40,000 or so people with an interest in football within a mile of Tynecastle Park.

Hopefully they will capitalise on it. . Still against the idea though. ?

Just now, davemclaren said:

Hopefully they will capitalise on it. . Still against the idea though. ?

What are you against? A glorified friendly being played outwith the countries of the teams involved or it being at Murrayfield?

I'm quite glad SRU are giving two fingers to the SFA if that's really what happened.

Hopefully the women's team will fancy Murrayfield instead of Hampden too. The facilities far exceed the shitehole (can't imagine the women's toilets at Hampden are any better than the mens).

29 minutes ago, kila said:

What are you against? A glorified friendly being played outwith the countries of the teams involved or it being at Murrayfield?

I'm quite glad SRU are giving two fingers to the SFA if that's really what happened.

Hopefully the women's team will fancy Murrayfield instead of Hampden too. The facilities far exceed the shitehole (can't imagine the women's toilets at Hampden are any better than the mens).

Ask the Hibs fans....that's where most were hiding in the 5-1 final !

These games, part of a series of friendlies are played all over the place. 

Last year these teams played their friendly in Dublin. 

The Old Tolbooth
16 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

You need better connections TOT. Got to visit Anfield 9 times this year. Got a fan membership with 19 points on it so get every home game. Only go to the big games if it doesn’t clash with the famous so you’re welcome to use it I’m not going. Just PM me mate. It’s up for grabs on the occasions I don’t go 

Very kind of you mate, I'd love to take you up on that offer, just give me a shout with what games you can't make and I'll see how I'm fixed, much appreciated :2thumbsup:

16 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Or the odd player on loan or so, but hey, it's not good for Scottish football apparently :rofl: 

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, benny said:

It depends on how they go about selling them I suppose. Hopefully they will sell tickets for neutrals when Liverpool and Napoli fans are taken care of. There will be a few people that want to go to see both sides I would imagine. 

Coburg Hearts
On 06/06/2019 at 14:54, jambokev said:

Aye that's how I remember it as well,my mate lost his shoe in the crush,bent down to get it and went flat on his face...got his shoe back and we got in  for free as well.

I remember my uncle telling me of an almost Identical happening up at Aberdeen back in the 50's, where the sheer weight of Hearts supporters brought down a gate and hundreds got in free.

16 hours ago, CJGJ said:

We see them every week on match of the day as we are not allowed to watch Scottish highlights till the next day. Just can't see any attraction in paying money to watch them playing a friendly. You are a Liverpool fan and I'm sure there are a few more up here that will go but not for the ordinary football fan. Totally different if it was competitive

40 minutes ago, XB52 said:

We see them every week on match of the day as we are not allowed to watch Scottish highlights till the next day. Just can't see any attraction in paying money to watch them playing a friendly. You are a Liverpool fan and I'm sure there are a few more up here that will go but not for the ordinary football fan. Totally different if it was competitive

I am a Hearts fan, season ticket holder, shareholder and FOH contributor who also happens to (through family connections) follow Liverpool closely as well as attending some matches.

The ordinary football fan will more likely look to attend so sorry my faith in football fans seems far greater than yours

I often wonder if the match involved another European giant such as Juventus whether there would be all this anger shown....I think not and that makes me wonder about many of the anti match or anti Liverpool posters but that's life and we are all entitled to an opinion so better the fake outrage gets out on a thread re the match than in 'real life'

12 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I am a Hearts fan, season ticket holder, shareholder and FOH contributor who also happens to (through family connections) follow Liverpool closely as well as attending some matches.

The ordinary football fan will more likely look to attend so sorry my faith in football fans seems far greater than yours

I often wonder if the match involved another European giant such as Juventus whether there would be all this anger shown....I think not and that makes me wonder about many of the anti match or anti Liverpool posters but that's life and we are all entitled to an opinion so better the fake outrage gets out on a thread re the match than in 'real life'

Calm doon ffs.

You should be in a good mood this week.

I think it will depend on the prices as to how many neutrals attend.

I might consider it if the tickets were around £20 any more and no thanks.

All depending if I'm stuck for something to do of course.

10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Calm doon ffs.

You should be in a good mood this week.

I think it will depend on the prices as to how many neutrals attend.

I might consider it if the tickets were around £20 any more and no thanks.

All depending if I'm stuck for something to do of course.

What half and half scarf are you wearing.

17 hours ago, CJGJ said:

An absolute sell out. 

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

These friendlies are a franchise operation. 

If Murrayfield does well and we get a good crowd there could be more games in future. 

gorgie rd eh11

They can stick their "global brand" up their arse. And that's from a scouse sellick sympathiser.

I’ve no problem with Liverpool or Napoli coming to Edinburgh but it should be to play Hearts or Hibs, not each other. We may be shite, we may enjoy seeing top players but we’re not a country where football requires promoting like this. Liverpool is 4 hours down the road, FFS, so there’s no excuse for plastics not to go see them at their own ground in preseason. If their pitch isn’t ready they should play at Goodison or not at all. 

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

VicTim mentality coming to the fore again, I see ^_^

21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

VicTim mentality coming to the fore again, I see ^_^

I guess the use of the word 'VicTim' and its spelling in that manner is coincidental ?

An accident no doubt and I'm sure you'll clear it up

2 hours ago, benny said:

What half and half scarf are you wearing.

Me !

Half and Half scarf ?

You obviously haven't read my posts about Scottish EPL fans ?

I only said if it was cheap and I had nothing else to do I might go and watch a game of football. 

I'll still be at Hearts game the same weekend. 

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

These friendlies are a franchise operation. 

If Murrayfield does well and we get a good crowd there could be more games in future. 

WE ?

WE ?

You work at Murrayfield ?

4 hours ago, XB52 said:

Watching the current CL finalists with some of the best footballers in the world vs cringing through a student improv group a few days later for about the same price. Tough one!

Edited by Guest

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Might get to see the trophy too. 

videotogif_2019.06.07_22.25.53.gif

Edited by Smithee

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

I guess the use of the word 'VicTim' and its spelling in that manner is coincidental ?

An accident no doubt and I'm sure you'll clear it up

Good spot, and happy to oblige. 

The word I was looking for was “Celtic” :P