Liverpool to play at Murrayfield July 28th ?

CJGJ

10 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

:lol:

Notice their kiddie on EPL team is never the likes of Bournemouth or Burnley? Why could thay possibly be?

Or Burton ?.....not EPL I know.....

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckydug

• CJGJ

• Nookie Bear

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Findlay

Some of us have stuck with Pompey from first seeing them in the old English 4th division way back in 1979.

His name is
9 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

We played Inverness (seed 2) in the Betfred on the corresponding Sunday last year. What if a similar set of fixtures has Hearts v Dundee Utd on July 28th? Okay, it’s unlikely to be the same day but if it is, what a quandary for the plastic EPL fans if this shite goes ahead in Edinburgh. Hearts should object to this, especially if it’s going to impact on our crowd, which it might even if our game is on the Friday or Saturday that weekend. Some Far East country will pay millions to have these teams play on their patch. Let them have the gr££d is good mobs.

Hearts young team v napoli ultras. Naughty... 

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Notice their kiddie on EPL team is never the likes of Bournemouth or Burnley? Why could thay possibly be?

Not a fan of English teams at all but if I had to choose it'd be more likely to be any of those 2 than the big guns

Thought it was Liverpool u23 v Spartans or is it Liverpool big team v Napoli at Murrayfield. I'm confused.

Anyway if Hearts are playing I know where I will be going.

I'm not really interested in these big English teams.

I'll watch the game in the pub on Saturday night though more for the company and the night out .

There's also the betting side to it as well it's the only way I'll be cheering for one or the other .

AGoodLaugh
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Or Burton ?.....not EPL I know.....

Burton legitimately are my English team - I think it started out as a joke but it stopped being funny when me and my mate took time off work and booked a hotel to go down and watch them lose 9-0 in Manchester in January ?

Hearts and Hibs should be seeing this and trying to get the Festival Cup up and running again. 

The plan for it was always that they would try and get bigger European clubs to take part. If we're going to have Napoli and Liverpool in the city, then turning it into a knock-out/round-robin wouldn't require much more planning, plus potentially a lot of money to be made. 

Could do something like Semis at Tynecastle (HMFC V Napoli) and ER (Hibs v Liverpool), final at Murrayfield (Napoli v Liverpool in all likelihood).

With a 67,000 seater stadium in the city and one of the world's premier festivals, you'd think we'd be able to make a football tourne happen.  

OmiyaHearts
4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It's pathetic. I get it if you're young but adults glory hunting with foreign teams is bizarre.

doctor jambo

I'm against this.

Its  a marketing job to encourage Scots football fans to abandon their own clubs and feed more money into a bloated EPL.

Encourage as many kids as possible to "follow" - or rather buy merchandise and TV packages to follow a non-dom team.

Plastic fans, plastic clubs.

doctor jambo

And to qualify- Liverpool are a million miles removed from the community they exist within.

Just another gargantuan money vacuum that masquerades as "Liverpool FC"

Unidentifiable from Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea.

Local owners? no

Local players? no

Local managers? no

Most "fans " live locally ? no

Most income derived locally ? no

I have a whole lot more respect for the hull/Bolton/ brightons of this world than the leach clubs

19 hours ago, kila said:

So not even Andy Robertson wants Liverpool to be at Hampden

Didn't he used to play for Queens Park?

5 hours ago, luckydug said:

Thought it was Liverpool u23 v Spartans or is it Liverpool big team v Napoli at Murrayfield. I'm confused. 

Both. The former being at Spartans ground, the latter not confirmed but they're looking for a venue somewhere in the UK and Murrayfield is an option. 

Edited by Jamboross

17 hours ago, CJGJ said:

As you have no interest what does it matter

Because I have no interest in the teams involved per se but was wondering why it was being played in Edinburgh?

Maybe I wasnt being clear enough but thanks for your insight!

7 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

Hearts and Hibs should be seeing this and trying to get the Festival Cup up and running again. 

The plan for it was always that they would try and get bigger European clubs to take part. If we're going to have Napoli and Liverpool in the city, then turning it into a knock-out/round-robin wouldn't require much more planning, plus potentially a lot of money to be made. 

Could do something like Semis at Tynecastle (HMFC V Napoli) and ER (Hibs v Liverpool), final at Murrayfield (Napoli v Liverpool in all likelihood).

With a 67,000 seater stadium in the city and one of the world's premier festivals, you'd think we'd be able to make a football tourne happen.  

Unfortunately, as Betfred top seeds, Hearts and Hibs will most likely have games that weekend, which was the main reason for my objection to this. If they must come to Scotland they should go west and try and steal some of the gruesomes for a day. Much easier to get to as well. 

10 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Small businesses shelves will certainly be empty, but I'm not so sure it will be good for business.

LOL??

3 hours ago, Jamboross said:

Both. The former being at Spartans ground, the latter not confirmed but they're looking for a venue somewhere in the UK and Murrayfield is an option. 

What's wrong with Annfield ?

Surely the SFA should step in and block this happening especially if there are games on in Scotland in direct competition.

Edited by luckydug

Perth to Paisley

Would go just to watch Napoli ... when Sarri was there they they played the best /most entertaining football in Europe.

22 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Would go just to watch Napoli ... when Sarri was there they they played the best /most entertaining football in Europe.

Hibs type they played with flair post.

Came 3rd in their champions league group and knocked out at the next round last 32 in the uefa cup.

Nowhere near Liverpool or City that season.

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Surely the SFA should step in and block this happening especially if there are games on in Scotland in direct competition.

They knocked it down in the 90s. 

21 hours ago, CJGJ said:

As you have no interest what does it matter

It does matter if it impacts local teams playing LC matches that day.

26 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Giving your age away now if you remember that place.

Saw Hearts beat Stirling Albion 2-1 there back in the mists of time:laugh2:

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Giving your age away now if you remember that place.

Saw Hearts beat Stirling Albion 2-1 there back in the mists of time:laugh2:

I knew only a few would get it. ??

Perth to Paisley
2 hours ago, benny said:

Hibs type they played with flair post.

Came 3rd in their champions league group and knocked out at the next round last 32 in the uefa cup.

Nowhere near Liverpool or City that season.

Beg to differ

Sarri had them playing some marvellous stuff... but didn't win anything.

Whether it was Cup winning is not my point.  Thing of beauty.

15 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Small businesses shelves will certainly be empty, but I'm not so sure it will be good for business.

? You're not called The Treasurer for nothing then.

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I knew only a few would get it. ??

I did, only your post stopped me posting the same thing

John Findlay
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I saw Hearts win there 2-4 roughly 41 years ago. We went a goal down in the first minute.

Doctor FinnBarr
23 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I saw Hearts win there 2-4 roughly 41 years ago. We went a goal down in the first minute.

Was that the game there were several pitch invasions and some arse behind the open goal waving an Irish flag at us?

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I was at that game with my son and daughter. If I remember correctly, we got in for free when the gates collapsed under the weight of the Hearts supporters and we just walked in.

Friendlies are utter pish.

Friendlies with two teams you don't support - why would anyone go?

21 hours ago, luckydug said:

Pitch is being relaid apparently. The match was originally supposed to be at Spurs new stadium but for some reason because they're playing each other in the CL Final they don't want to stage it there so are looking for other venues. No issue with it being played here so long as it doesn't clash with League Cup games. 

Will I be allowed to attend ?

The anti plastics will be all over this shortly...how dare you want to watch the European champions , don't you dare take your children to see them, traitors to Scottish football blah blah blah

OmiyaHearts

Hopefully  the plastics can throw themselves in the correct bin after the game. Maybe they can be recycled into actual Hearts supporters in time for the season kicking off?

If anything this will benefit Hearts.  The game will bring in thousands of football fans to the area for the weekend and following days.  Hearts would be mad not to take advantage of the facilities we can make profit off of like stadium tours, promoting the bar etc. 

2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Hopefully  the plastics can throw themselves in the correct bin after the game. Maybe they can be recycled into actual Hearts supporters in time for the season kicking off?

And it begins ?

Nookie Bear

3 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

If anything this will benefit Hearts.  The game will bring in thousands of football fans to the area for the weekend and following days.  Hearts would be mad not to take advantage of the facilities we can make profit off of like stadium tours, promoting the bar etc. 

Hearts will get **** all benefit from this. 

It will no doubt entice a few more kids to follow an EPL team though, rather than their local team. 

If it's the first team from both Liverpool and Napoli playing I'd take my boy to see them. Why would anyone have an issue with going to see two European giants play in their home town?

5 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

This!!!

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hearts will get **** all benefit from this. 

It will no doubt entice a few more kids to follow an EPL team though, rather than their local team. 

Probably the opposite I would predict, friendly games are absolutely guff - the atmosphere will be subdued and the football will be pedestrian.  It may give kids the bug of attending a football match however leading them to going to more Hearts or Hibs games but highly doubt there's going to be bus loads of adults heading down to Liverpool every other weekend because of that friendly match against Napoli at Murrayfield in 2019..

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

If it's the first team from both Liverpool and Napoli playing I'd take my boy to see them. Why would anyone have an issue with going to see two European giants play in their home town?

Totally agree, its an interesting event, especially for a kid. Friendlies don't do anything for me, but great for the kids to see this thing up close

Thought Police

Hope the armchair fans don’t get overawed by being in an actual stadium

the general

Prices for this will be interesting 

Heard it was expensive when Liverpool played in Ireland last pre season 

Rick James

No allegiance whatsoever to either side but I'll gladly go if it's affordable.

More stoked about seeing Napoli tbh. Never watched an Italian side in the flesh.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Does this have to be authorised by the SFA?

Moved to Hampden Dave? 11pm ko? Once Queens Park Development team have played Pumpherston Academical Under 18s?