Liverpool to play at Murrayfield July 28th ?

CJGJ

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckydug

• CJGJ

• Nookie Bear

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Was chat of them using the new Spurs stadium to host their friendly vs Napoli

That's not happening now due to Saturdays CL final and the after effects of whatever the result ends up being.

John Findlay

They are sending an u21 team to play a pre-season friendly against Spartans at Spartans.

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Was chat of them using the new Spurs stadium to host their friendly vs Napoli

Probably as many glory hunting plastic Scousers in the London area as there is proper Scousers in Liverpool.

hmfc_liam06
7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Probably as many glory hunting plastic Scousers in the London area as there is proper Scousers in Liverpool.

And Scotland...

John Findlay

Further to my post above. It's a Liverpool u23 team on the 15th of July KO 7.00pm

Prices mainstand adult 20.00 pounds.

Ground Adult 15.00 pounds.

Concessions u65 and u16 10.00 pounds.

U12 5.00 pounds.

Tickets on sale now. Can be posted out or collected at Spartans from the the 3rd of a June onwards.

Psychedelicropcircle

There will likely be no hospitality all the suites are under construction till September...sorry prawn sandwich brigade 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, the general said:

Almost as scummy as when Celtic played that Polish team !!  Good day to exit the capital 

Calm down calm down 

willie wallace
54 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Further to my post above. It's a Liverpool u23 team on the 15th of July KO 7.00pm

Prices mainstand adult 20.00 pounds.

Ground Adult 15.00 pounds.

Concessions u65 and u16 10.00 pounds.

U12 5.00 pounds.

Tickets on sale now. Can be posted out or collected at Spartans from the the 3rd of a June onwards.

£20 to watch Spartans v  Liverpool u/23s.

Surely that can't be right?

30 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Lock your doors on July 28th

Yep, don't leave the washing out either and put the bairns bikes in the shed. 

I don't want over pumped-up English clubs in our city unless they are playing us or the wee team. They get enough soft support as it is.

Edited by tcjambo

16 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

I don't want over pumped-up English clubs in our city unless they are playing us or the wee team. They get enough soft support as it is.

Not fussed about them myself but they are one of the most famous teams ever. Them playing a friendly in Edinburgh is a good thing, no? 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Actually Klopp was keen to play at their new ground before having to go there in the league. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

If you want plastic fans look no further than citeh and chelsea. The don't call their games against each other El Plastico for nothing. 

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

If you want plastic fans look no further than citeh and chelsea. The don't call their games against each other El Plastico for nothing. 

A glory hunter is a glory hunter. Regardless of the team they "support" from outside their own area. Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea etc. They're all the same. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

A glory hunter is a glory hunter. Regardless of the team they "support" from outside their own area. Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea etc. They're all the same. 

You probably need to get over yourself. :thumb:

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You probably need to get over yourself. :thumb:

I probably don't, I know what a glory hunter is. Look it up. ?

cannonfoda
35 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

The attendance will be about 4 if that is the case. 

Slippy working out what to get in on loan next season being one of them.

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I probably don't, I know what a glory hunter is. Look it up. ?

Look it up? The term's self explanatory. :facepalm:

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Look it up? The term's self explanatory. :facepalm:

Well you'll know that Liverpool and Manchester United had them all over the UK and beyond long before Manchester City and Chelsea did. Although you probably didn't coming to think of it. 

Thought Police

Why would Scottish football fans want to line the pockets of a big English team?

1 hour ago, smiler said:

Not fussed about them myself but they are one of the most famous teams ever. Them playing a friendly in Edinburgh is a good thing, no? 

No

7 minutes ago, NRJ1966 said:

No interest in this really.....why is it being played in Edinburgh?

As you have no interest what does it matter

Big events in the city are good imo.  Small businesses will benefit if it goes ahead against a high profile oponent attracting 50,000 plus.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, willie wallace said:

£20 to watch Spartans v  Liverpool u/23s.

Surely that can't be right?

It is correct.

We played Inverness (seed 2) in the Betfred on the corresponding Sunday last year. What if a similar set of fixtures has Hearts v Dundee Utd on July 28th? Okay, it’s unlikely to be the same day but if it is, what a quandary for the plastic EPL fans if this shite goes ahead in Edinburgh. Hearts should object to this, especially if it’s going to impact on our crowd, which it might even if our game is on the Friday or Saturday that weekend. Some Far East country will pay millions to have these teams play on their patch. Let them have the gr££d is good mobs.

3 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

We played Inverness (seed 2) in the Betfred on the corresponding Sunday last year. What if a similar set of fixtures has Hearts v Dundee Utd on July 28th? Okay, it’s unlikely to be the same day but if it is, what a quandary for the plastic EPL fans if this shite goes ahead in Edinburgh. Hearts should object to this, especially if it’s going to impact on our crowd, which it might even if our game is on the Friday or Saturday that weekend. Some Far East country will pay millions to have these teams play on their patch. Let them have the gr££d is good mobs.

It's  posts like this that make you realise some people have too much time on their hands and too much anger as a result

So the people of Scotland are to be deprived the chance to see the European Champions League winners in the capital city because you deem it unreasonable

You are not going so what does it matter to you other than to try and stir matters

Oh and it's nice to meet someone who won't be watching the final on Saturday..........or will you ?

Doctor FinnBarr
6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

It's  posts like this that make you realise some people have too much time on their hands and too much anger as a result

So the people of Scotland are to be deprived the chance to see the European Champions League winners in the capital city because you deem it unreasonable

You are not going so what does it matter to you other than to try and stir matters

Oh and it's nice to meet someone who won't be watching the final on Saturday..........or will you ?

How do you know this? (highlight 1)

No, I'm working til 22.00 on Saturday (highlight 2)

2 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

How do you know this? (highlight 1)

No, I'm working til 22.00 on Saturday (highlight 2)

I was not aware you had made the post so thanks for the unsolicited reply. Speaking for another poster is going above and beyond

Pity you will miss the final

Doctor FinnBarr
9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I was not aware you had made the post so thanks for the unsolicited reply. Speaking for another poster is going above and beyond

Pity you will miss the final

Eh? I was replying to you and asking how you know that Liverpool will win on Saturday, I'm not replying for any other poster!

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Eh? I was replying to you and asking how you know that Liverpool will win on Saturday, I'm not replying for any other poster!

Well he was replying to someone else (shaggy) so it looks like you were.

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Well he was replying to someone else (shaggy) so it looks like you were.

Don't wind me up Seymour, I'm drunk and sleep deprived

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Don't wind me up Seymour, I'm drunk and sleep deprived

Then go to bed.

The Treasurer
8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Big events in the city are good imo.  Small businesses will benefit if it goes ahead against a high profile oponent attracting 50,000 plus.

Small businesses shelves will certainly be empty, but I'm not so sure it will be good for business.

Clark Griswold

A couple of my mates have claimed to be Man Utd fans since high school in the late 90s. Needless to say, they've (still) never been to a UTD game, never mind Old Trafford in their lives. 

11 hours ago, John Findlay said:

They are sending an u21 team to play a pre-season friendly against Spartans at Spartans.

9 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Just a minute

Liverpool U23s are playing Spartans at Murrayfield?

Really?

Not Murrayfield but I wonder since the U23s are at Spartans if that increases the chances of the Napoli game being in Edinburgh too?

Nookie Bear

If they were sending their first team up for a friendly then they would play at Ibrox. 

Anwyay, might pop along for a pre-season loosener. Been a while since I’ve bantered with the Scousers. 

Doctor FinnBarr
10 minutes ago, Texia said:

Edinburgh will have more plastics in it than the Pacific ocean that day.

Aye, several posters on here included

hmfc_liam06
33 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Folk can get right uppity if you question their kiddie on EPL team it seems.

:lol:

Notice their kiddie on EPL team is never the likes of Bournemouth or Burnley? Why could thay possibly be?

8 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Ok, I’ll answer your points.

My main point is quite clear. Hearts are the only team I care about and it COULD impact a Hearts attendance having a game in Edinburgh the same weekend we are playing. Don’t tell me nobody will give Hearts a miss because their 10 year old, for example, would rather see Liverpool.

I definitely do have too much time on my hands this week, to be fair and my anger is due to the disproportionate backing of my country’s football and the country of the teams involved, by companies that don’t take any less from us to subscribe. We’re the same country when it suits (not seeking an independence debate here, btw).

I will PROBABLY watch it due to my loose interest in Tottenham as I went to school with nephew of HEARTS legend, Dave MacKay. 

Good to have a reason to back a team in a £uropean final other than the fact they won everything when I was a kid so I think I’ll become a glory seeking, in the absence of a less polite word, minion. Probably a bigger reason for wanting Spurs to win is that the Scottish glory seekers will be unbearable, as per your arrogant assumption that Liverpool will be European champions come August.

Edited by Shaggy2