Access to the stadium

His name is

His name is

Does anyone know if your able to get into the stadium during close season? 

Would like to take the kids down for a look. 

Heartsofgold

Go into the shop/ticket office and ask.  There's no open access but someone from the club may take you in to show the kids.  Don't ask, don't get.

There is a big hearts Father’s Day on at tynecastle. Tickets on big hearts. Access to the stadium and events taking place 

4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Go into the shop/ticket office and ask.  There's no open access but someone from the club may take you in to show the kids.  Don't ask, don't get.

They sometimes do that if you are buying season tickets, to help you choose part of the ground.  

The stadium tour, of course, will allow it, and perhaps the memorial garden, too. 

upgotheheads
9 minutes ago, Paolo said:

the They sometimes do that if you are buying season tickets, to help you choose part of the ground.  

The stadium tour, of course, will allow it, and perhaps the memorial garden, too. 

About 20 years ago I was buying season tickets for my son and myself and was interested in seats in the old main stand. I wasn't sure about the seat positions as I knew you could end up with a pillar between the seat  and the goal so I asked  if we could go to the seats to check. A very nice young lady took us up to the stand so that we could choose seats, then left,  telling us  how we could get back to the main office entrance by going down to the  track and walking  pitch-side to a gate at the Gorgie road end.

Thomas Flogel was doing laps as we  walked along and there were 'keep off the grass'  signs on the pitch. However this being too good a chance to miss we ran on to the pitch towards the Gorgie Goal and both blasted   imaginary balls past an imaginary Hib5 goalie before going to buy our tickets.

I often wonder what Tam Flogel was thinking when he saw us. 

Rick James
6 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

About 20 years ago I was buying season tickets for my son and myself and was interested in seats in the old main stand. I wasn't sure about the seat positions as I knew you could end up with a pillar between the seat  and the goal so I asked  if we could go to the seats to check. A very nice young lady took us up to the stand so that we could choose seats, then left,  telling us  how we could get back to the main office entrance by going down to the  track and walking  pitch-side to a gate at the Gorgie road end.

Thomas Flogel was doing laps as we  walked along and there were 'keep off the grass'  signs on the pitch. However this being too good a chance to miss we ran on to the pitch towards the Gorgie Goal and both blasted   imaginary balls past an imaginary Hib5 goalie before going to buy our tickets.

I seem to recall when I was younger, that it was possible to just go in to the stadium and sit in the stands. That must've been 15+ years ago.

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

I seem to recall when I was younger, that it was possible to just go in to the stadium and sit in the stands. That must've been 15+ years ago.

You are very correct - took my the girlfriend to show her my second home in 1999.  Sat in the Gorgie Road stand for ages just chatting :)

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, sandyk said:

You are very correct - took my the girlfriend to show her my second home in 1999.  Sat in the Gorgie Road stand for ages just chatting :)

Did you see us scoring?

JamboFever
13 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Love that.  It is my one eternal regret at living so far away that my kids didn't get to spend a lot of time near the hallowed turf as they grew up.

Rick James
3 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Thought I hadn't imagined it. Recall doing similar with my Dad when he used to take me up to the club shop every October to buy me the top for my birthday. Simpler times. :) 

Harry Potter
44 minutes ago, Locky said:

Thought I hadn't imagined it. Recall doing similar with my Dad when he used to take me up to the club shop every October to buy me the top for my birthday. Simpler times. :) 

Aye good auld days.

Cut The Crap

Summer of 95 you could wander into the Gorgie End, sit on one of the benches, and watch them building the School End Stand at the other end.

It's one of the things I miss about  the shop being at the gorgie end.used to go in the side gates & go out into the stand.The gates aren't open now even when the museum is open.