***Official Non-Hearts Summer 2019 Transfer Thread***

tartofmidlothian

kingantti1874
53 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

Shame about Bryson he’s still a good player despite his age 

suspect ABERDEEN can offer higher wages 

Why ? They about £50million to spend.. we are pissing about on the off chance Djoum will stay ?‍♂️

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• The Internet

• CJGJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

That in know says we lost out on Bryson because we offered Djoum a contract and where waiting, stop talking shite. 

Ffs. 

Haven’t said anything that wasn’t in the public domain.  Not claiming to be itk.

The fact that we are hanging about waiting on Djoum getting back to us. We could be missing out on potential targets

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Haven’t said anything that wasn’t in the public domain.  Not claiming to be itk.

The fact that we are hanging about waiting on Djoum getting back to us. We could be missing out on potential targets

absolute shite, the club can do two things at once, stop making things up for god knows what reason.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Why ? They about £50million to spend.. we are pissing about on the off chance Djoum will stay ?‍♂️

Aberdeen have a bigger wage budget than us and have some highly paid staff if reports are true.

aye, and we have done nothing but wait for Djoum for the past few weeks. Just sat waiting on him.

This place is bonkers.

jamboinglasgow
22 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Aberdeen certainly capitalised on the Huns demise, shame we couldn’t. 

They benefited from players recruited years back (Shinnie, GMS, McGinn etc) there recruitment in the last few seasons has been poor but the more established players have papered over the cracks. Now they are leaving it will prove harder for them.

kingantti1874
27 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Aberdeen have a bigger wage budget than us and have some highly paid staff if reports are true.

aye, and we have done nothing but wait for Djoum for the past few weeks. Just sat waiting on him.

This place is bonkers.

T/O will be very similar this season, and they’ve £50m+ to find for stadium.. I’d be surprised if they can offer materially more now.. 

The Internet
30 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Have they? 

Clerry Jambo
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Have they? 

In the sense they made 2nd place theirs, decent cup runs and made dosh to boot. 

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

T/O will be very similar this season, and they’ve £50m+ to find for stadium.. I’d be surprised if they can offer materially more now.. 

We are in the same ball park but they have reportedly  handed out some big contracts, They lost Shinnie, big wage available.

tartofmidlothian

Apparently Man U offered 45m and Phil Jones for Issa Diop but got knocked back. Bet Jones was happy to hear that.

They want Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Palace too.

The Internet

George Edmundson to rangers from Oldham for £700k. Feels like a signing I'd be underwhelmed with. 

We can't pay that kind of money, loose change to them it seems.

Boy had a few clubs after him, must see potential not a great league up here so he will probably do ok.

Edited by Lfhearts

20 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Apparently Man U offered 45m and Phil Jones for Issa Diop but got knocked back. Bet Jones was happy to hear that.

They want Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Palace too.

West Ham countered with just £10m but Man United insisted they take Jones

On 19/06/2019 at 18:45, Olly Lee's left boot said:

This place is bonkers.

I have a feeling Djoum must have turned down the new contract offer this week anyway.  I don't believe we could've paraded Halkett or signed up the 5 laddies if we we're still "waiting on Djoum".

Remarkable to think that we have been waiting on Naismith who is waiting on us waiting on Djoum.  And disgraceful, and disgusting, obviously.

6 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I have a feeling Djoum must have turned down the new contract offer this week anyway.  I don't believe we could've paraded Halkett or signed up the 5 laddies if we we're still "waiting on Djoum".

Remarkable to think that we have been waiting on Naismith who is waiting on us waiting on Djoum.  And disgraceful, and disgusting, obviously.

?

8 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Don’t really follow much of that.

The last paragraph in particular is strange.

1 hour ago, WageThief said:

:rofl:

Guest ToqueJambo
On 19/06/2019 at 09:47, Clerry Jambo said:

Aye. They'll be talking about those 2nd place finishes miles behind Celtic for decades to come!

And the League Cup win of course. Don't forget the single actual trophy they won in all that time with all that money spent despite multiple opportunities with us, Hibs, Rangers and D Utd all in the shitter for various periods.

If someone worked it out, I reckon Romanov got more tangible return in terms of two major cup wins and a CL appearance, while playing in a harder league, than Milne got for probably around the same money spent. 

Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

?

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Don’t really follow much of that.

The last paragraph in particular is strange.

7 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

:rofl:

I assume is last paragraph is sarcasm. 

I'm hoping. 

8 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I assume is last paragraph is sarcasm. 

I'm hoping. 

The whole lot of it was!

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, WageThief said:

The whole lot of it was!

Makes sense. 

?

Although, perfectly reasonable to think Djoum ain't staying. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

9 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Makes sense. 

?

Although, perfectly reasonable to think Djoum ain't staying. 

Yes true.  That bit wasn't even sarcastic but just made up to facilitate sarcasm.  In hindsight I could've done a better job.

kingantti1874

At least someone got it!!

Even though the club have publicly stated we will wait for Djoum before signing another midfielder in his position. sarcasm is designed to mock another post, doesn’t really work when it’s true

10 minutes ago, Barack said:

Who the **** follows Jason Cummings? Tell me it's not you. Please.

No not me lol.  Follow Jamie Walker and he liked a few posts. Hasn’t worked out for him down south so wondered if could move back up north!

Inch Hearts
51 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Jason Cummings on instagram hinting at a move. Anyone heard anything?

St Johnstone I’ve heard. 

40 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Even though the club have publicly stated we will wait for Djoum before signing another midfielder in his position. sarcasm is designed to mock another post, doesn’t really work when it’s true

Can you direct me to the clubs public statement of our intent to wait for Djoum no matter what?  Or are you stretching Levein's "all we can do" to your convenience?  

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

"I’m still trying with Arnaud so we need to find out what is going on there one way or the other,” Levein told the Evening News.

“That will obviously have implications on whether we need another midfield player or not. It’s still to become clear what’s going to happen there. I’m also trying to get two strikers in but it’s obviously very early at this stage.”

Is all I could find.

Yeah I suspect that is the 'statement' being referred to.

Absolutely nothing about waiting at all.  In fact, it is closer to the opposite.

Mr Elwood P
49 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Love him at Hearts big Hearts family perfect fit, seeth from Fester Road would be outstanding.

Notice Jason Cummings played 5 league games for Luton, scored 1 goal. Safe to say we know where his real loyalties are.

ginger jambo98
8 hours ago, Barack said:

Take everything positive I've said about him back.

Which is similar to every Celtic fan now deleting all the negative spin they put up on social media including their official twitter account where they advised "we move on" ????

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Gav M said:

Nothing in that says that we are not trying to bring in midfield reinforcements, just that if Djoum leaves we'll bring in a replacement.

The headline literally says we were putting midfield recruitments on hold until we knew what was happening with Djoum. 

And there’s this snippet. 

420FB930-9843-4F23-9CE1-59C35C9DFC41.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

The headline literally says we were putting midfield recruitments on hold until we knew what was happening with Djoum. 

And there’s this snippet. 

420FB930-9843-4F23-9CE1-59C35C9DFC41.jpeg

The headline is just that, and the quotes there don't rule out bringing in another midfielder, just that if Djoum goes then a replacement will be required. 

Not saying this is definitely the case, just that the wording in those quotes could mean more than 1 thing.

Edited by Gav M

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Gav M said:

The headline is just that, and the quotes there don't rule out bringing in another midfielder, just that if Djoum goes then a replacement will be required. 

No, it doesn’t categorically state that we won’t sign anyone for midfield. But it does insinuate that if he stays, we won’t bring anyone else in. 

At the very least, it proves that OLLB owes someone an apology for accusing them of making stuff up. 

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Nothing there about Bryson not being able to sign until Djoum situation is clear. 

Obviously if Djoum goes well need to replace him but nothing at all about not signing Bryson or any midfielders at all until Djoum makes up his mind. 

If we lose a player we'll need to replace, if we don't we won't. 

I'd assume every position is like that. 

19 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No, it doesn’t categorically state that we won’t sign anyone for midfield. But it does insinuate that if he stays, we won’t bring anyone else in. 

At the very least, it proves that OLLB owes someone an apology for accusing them of making stuff up. 

If you have ever been “quoted” in a newspaper you would know that a few words that you say will be picked up and the rest made up to suit the agenda of the writer. 

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Nothing there about Bryson not being able to sign until Djoum situation is clear. 

Obviously if Djoum goes well need to replace him but nothing at all about not signing Bryson or any midfielders at all until Djoum makes up his mind. 

If we lose a player we'll need to replace, if we don't we won't. 

I'd assume every position is like that. 

No, but the quote suggests that midfield targets would be shelved until the Djoum situation was resolved.

1 hour ago, km7bhf said:

If you have ever been “quoted” in a newspaper you would know that a few words that you say will be picked up and the rest made up to suit the agenda of the writer. 

Are you saying he's been misquoted?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No, but the quote suggests that midfield targets would be shelved until the Djoum situation was resolved.

Are you saying he's been misquoted?

No arguing about stupid shit. 

If you think we lost out on Bryson because we are waiting on Djoum, then crack on. 

I don't. 

Just some outside news.

Petr Cech is back at Chelsea as 'technical and performance director'.

Interesting times there. 

57 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

If you think we lost out on Bryson because we are waiting on Djoum, then crack on. 

I don't. 

If we forget about Bryson,  we might be missing out on targets if we are waiting on Djoum.  Could happen!

I don't. 

Yeah, taking a step back I think its doubtful Levein would have allowed such a good player to slip through our grasp without a good reason for it (perhaps we have a better target in mind, perhaps Aberdeen threw money at him we weren't prepared to match). 

Levein isn't a stupid man, if Djoum is shopping around we will be as well. Every possibility by the time AFCON is done we could have someone better signed up. 

Phil Dunphy

I don't. 

I never said that.

Just pointing out that it's possible we cooled our interest because of the Djoum situation.