***Official Non-Hearts Summer 2019 Transfer Thread***

tartofmidlothian

2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

And yet the league in Germany has been won by the same team for 7 years running. 

Aye. That's not ideal. Very tight last season though, Dortmund only missed out by a couple of points which imo, Hummels could make the difference and hopefully they go all the way next season 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• The Internet

• CJGJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

And yet the league in Germany has been won by the same team for 7 years running. 

Bayern and every other German team were crap in the Champions League as well.

The international team is also going through a hard time as well.

Looks like Hummel's is overpriced going by his performances recently.

Edited by benny

38 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Just passed Murray Park and there’s a crowd of photographers. Maybe news on a new arrival?

The boy Ojo on loan from Liverpool.

Also see that they are set to make the guy from Charlton (Joe Aribo?) the highest paid player at Ibrox, with Arfield on upwards of 22k (and he may well not even be the top earner) then this guy must be getting 25-30k a week?

Midloth_Iain

GMS having a medical at Portsmouth.

Dangerous move, being that close to the English Channel

Carl Fredrickson
10 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

:clyay:

1 hour ago, Kid Creole said:

:D 

I thought he was heading to the MLS? The dons fans must be pretty pissed. All the better for us I suppose, they'll pretty much be bringing in a new team this season coming. 

RE Hummels back to Dortmund, thats a bloody good deal considering the funny money being chucked about down south. £27m for an established German international... Whats wrong with him? 

2 hours ago, OTT said:

:D 

I thought he was heading to the MLS? The dons fans must be pretty pissed. All the better for us I suppose, they'll pretty much be bringing in a new team this season coming. 

RE Hummels back to Dortmund, thats a bloody good deal considering the funny money being chucked about down south. £27m for an established German international... Whats wrong with him? 

No longer a German international and considered past it by Bayern.

Still seems a good deal to me though

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

No longer a German international and considered past it by Bayern.

Still seems a good deal to me though

Testament to the depth they have, he's only 30!

tartofmidlothian
55 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

along with morgaro gomis

Thought he was going to Arbroath?

tartofmidlothian

Mata's signed a three year extension with United, though I see Herrera and Valencia have left.

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Mata's signed a three year extension with United, though I see Herrera and Valencia have left.

What a bizarre club

SuperstarSteve

No sure how true as just talk from Celtic supporting mates, Norwich interested and agent asked to push deal back a week but Celtic pulled the plug. 

Portable Badger
15 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

No sure how true as just talk from Celtic supporting mates, Norwich interested and agent asked to push deal back a week but Celtic pulled the plug. 

You referring to Turnball?

Pishing myself at the Turnball - Celtic situation. Clearly wants to go anywhere but there. Glad the lads got some ambition, last thing we need is another Scott Brown who stalls his own development so he can play big fish scooping up meaningless cups every season. 

Hannibal Lecter
1 minute ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Motherwell reportedly accept offer for Turnbull from Norwich. 

Rumoured to be slightly higher than Celtic's offer at £3.25 million too.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Looks like Turnbull to Celtic deal dead and Celtic pulled the plug. Strange one!

Celtic now have spent another summer messing up signing a talented young Scottish player that would work well for them because they tried to be cheap. Last summer it was refusing to pay a relatively small amount more, this season it is refusing to pay the player the relative amount for a player of their talent. To me it sums up Celtic's attitude to Scottish football and the Scottish players at those clubs. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

What a bizarre club

Someone at Man U is terrible at giving out contracts. I still cant get my head round they extended Smalling's contract last season (he is not good enough for what they require.)

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Celtic now have spent another summer messing up signing a talented young Scottish player that would work well for them because they tried to be cheap. Last summer it was refusing to pay a relatively small amount more, this season it is refusing to pay the player the relative amount for a player of their talent. To me it sums up Celtic's attitude to Scottish football and the Scottish players at those clubs. 

Someone at Man U is terrible at giving out contracts. I still cant get my head round they extended Smalling's contract last season (he is not good enough for what they require.)

I still think Mata can do a job for Man Utd if they can get harder in the midfield behind him.  Although 3 years is madness

25 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

23 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecter said:

Rumoured to be slightly higher than Celtic's offer at £3.25 million too.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

:pleasing:

Lol 

Great move if this comes off 

Edited by Mikey1874

26 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

For me it’s a move I hope that they loan him back to motherwell.

i know on the face of it, that sounds bizarre, as it’s strengthening the steelmen. But i don’t see him breaking into the Norwich team straight away and is a loan move to a lower English team going to help him? 

It would be a shame for him to go and get lost down there, but by all means hope he succeeds

Just now, BM1874 said:

i know on the face of it, that sounds bizarre, as it’s strengthening the steelmen. But i don’t see him breaking into the Norwich team straight away and is a loan move to a lower English team going to help him? 

It would be a shame for him to go and get lost down there, but by all means hope he succeeds

I think he could suit how Norwich play. And they have gone with a few youngsters in getting promoted. 

They are a bit different in how they go about things with Daniel Farke. 

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

He'll more than likely be a Championship player the season after next. But for this season at least, he'll be an EPL player. 

A level far above what Tierney, McGregor or Brown will ever achieve, imo.

Celtic's disdain & self-importance biting them on the arse again is fantastic for younger players, & Scottish football. Credit to Turnbull, who despite the vast increase in his money obviously, would rather challenge himself on a professional level. Rather than sit in the wee pond with the big fish swallowing the minnows in Scotland. And all the sycophantic shit that accompanies Celtic.

Also there is a problem re who signs players. 

Not Lennon. Does he even see a place for Turnbull in squad? Turnbull may have sensed that. 

Whereas I would bet Daniel Farke will speak to him about his place in squad, meet his parents and have people support everything in the move. Non of which Celtic would do I'd wager. 

Edited by Mikey1874

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Also there is a problem re who signs players. 

Not Lennon. Does he even see a place for Turnbull in squad? Turnbull may have sensed that. 

Whereas I would bet Daniel Farke will speak to him about his place in squad, meet his parents and have people support everything in the move. Non of which Celtic would do I'd wager. 

Turnbull has no chance at either and should stay where he is.

But Motherwell want him gone for the cash

Edited by rudi must stay

SuperstarSteve
11 hours ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

You referring to Turnball?

Yeah mate, aplogies, I should’ve made myself abit clearer. 

12 hours ago, BM1874 said:

I think Norwich would rather punt him out on loan in England that back up here tbh.

1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

I think Norwich would rather punt him out on loan in England that back up here tbh.

He'll most likely be in their u-23/reserve squad until at least Xmas while they assess him, doubt he'll go straight out on loan tbh

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

that's good

Wonder how much?

I don't think he is good enough and will be shown up as a crap defender down there.

Just now, Ferryjambo99 said:

Craig Bryson signs for Aberdeen 

We were linked with him too but too busy dithering with Djoum!

Tynecastle Valhalla

Shame about Bryson he’s still a good player despite his age 

suspect ABERDEEN can offer higher wages 

28 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

We were linked with him too but too busy dithering with Djoum!

You know that how? 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

That in know says we lost out on Bryson because we offered Djoum a contract and where waiting, stop talking shite. 

Ffs. 

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Craig Bryson signs for Aberdeen 

Bit of a shitter that. 

Decent replacement for Shinnie, although hardly a long term one.