***Official Non-Hearts Summer 2019 Transfer Thread***

tartofmidlothian

16 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Was LC not Lee Congerton who’s left Celtic now?

Yeah meeting took place in April when he was still in post. Rumoured that John Kennedy leaked this

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• The Internet

• CJGJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
On 03/06/2019 at 13:24, tartofmidlothian said:

Apparently a "big club" wants Shankland, rumours it's Rangers.

Celtic should buy Morelos. 

Imagine 

Portable Badger

Just spat my tea out pishing myself - who at Celtic valued Tierney at £30m?? Supposedly Barca have baulked at the price their looking for - no wonder. £30m my arse.

.....and Lemon saying The Thumb's worth £6m.  Dillusional assholes. 

Gorillajam
3 hours ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Curtis main signs for Aberdeen 

Aberdeen have made some horrendous signings. Taylor, Main and Hedges are all mince. They can attract a better calibre of player than that - McInnes seems to have lost the plot. Glad we "missed" out on Main if indeed we were ever in for him.

LarrysRightFoot
7 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Aberdeen have made some horrendous signings. Taylor, Main and Hedges are all mince. They can attract a better calibre of player than that - McInnes seems to have lost the plot. Glad we "missed" out on Main if indeed we were ever in for him.

Going to be a ‘big physical team’ next season 

IveSeenTheLight
10 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Some Aberdeen fans reckon we’ll be taking the Hammer Thrower title away from you ;)

11 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Main is a bit meh, but most seem to think he’ll be replacing May who just hasn’t’lived up to his old reputation.

Taylor I’m fine with, casts doubts over Devlin to be honest, but will be a better option than Reynolds who we let go.

Hedges just got a MOTM performance for Wales last month, so should give us an additional option on the wings.

good to see us get some replacements in early ahead of the European games.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Already are. Had 4 of the serial foulers last season to our 2. Who would have believed it.

Cosgrove Ferguson Shinnie and Considine. Main was in the 20 also. 

Uche and Djoum were our only 2

Clerry Jambo

Don’t think we can have a pop at the sheep yet on their signings when our board is full of angst on our horrendous signings the past few years - ours need to be much better of late

Gorillajam
8 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Some Aberdeen fans reckon we’ll be taking the Hammer Thrower title away from you ;)

Main is a bit meh, but most seem to think he’ll be replacing May who just hasn’t’lived up to his old reputation.

Taylor I’m fine with, casts doubts over Devlin to be honest, but will be a better option than Reynolds who we let go.

Hedges just got a MOTM performance for Wales last month, so should give us an additional option on the wings.

good to see us get some replacements in early ahead of the European games.

I hear you've signed Dom Ball today (social media) - will be announced in the following day or so. Good player IMO.

If Taylor is replacing Reynolds (and you retain McKenna), Main is replacing May and Hedges is replacing Stewart than you have incrementally improved your side. You'll certainly be a tough/physical opponent next season. Its just that you are in a great position to attract a higher calibre of player. Everything seems in place at Aberdeen except for your scouting system - it really lacks imagination (lower leagues in England and SPL). To be fair ourselves and Hibs are in the same market. Even Celtic and The Rangers are trying to sign players from the lower leagues in England - The Rangers are offering 500k for George Edmundson. I suspect you'll have 2 or 3 signings later in the window that will capture the Aberdeen fans intrigue.

The Internet

Declan mcdaid signs for Dundee, thought an spl team would pick him up. Good signing. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

With Chelsea under transfer ban too. Though they have an appeal. 

Panic buy from Madrid.

Hazard is obviously class, but when you have Ramos asking to leave, you know they have problems.

Just now, Lovecraft said:

Panic buy from Madrid.

Hazard is obviously class, but when you have Ramos asking to leave, you know they have problems.

Relying on a lot of new players gelling 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Relying on a lot of new players gelling 

Wonder where Bale will end up.

Benzema carried them for most of the season.

1 minute ago, Angel eyes said:

Daniel Sturridge on a season loan to Rangers?

Bollocks.

Will be at West Brom or the likes.

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Daniel Sturridge on a season loan to Rangers?

Aye and Messi fancies a wee sojourn at Easter road in an effort to perfect his Brazilianesque skills. im calling bollox on this.

TyphoonJambo

to be fair this rumor is gaining legs. 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

£100k plus a week Sturridge?

On loan from his parents is it?

:lol:

Next joke...

He is a life long Rajnurs man and is willing to take a wage cut to fulfill his boyhood dream.

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

I would love them to sign Sturridge.  He will easily be on 70K   A WEEK

And he is made of glass.

5 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Reminds me of the Adam Lallana one last season. The Adam Lallana who was on the bench for the CL Final. Jim Traynor still working his dual Scottish press/Rangers PR role I see.

Just now, Irufushi said:

Sturridge will end up at Bournemouth or something.

Yep.  He will be in the EPL next year.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Reminds me of the Adam Lallana one last season. The Adam Lallana who was on the bench for the CL Final. Jim Traynor still working his dual Scottish press/Rangers PR role I see.

You would think it was season ticket renewal time.

7 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

More chance of David Murray gaining legs.

Just now, Barack said:

Rodgers will re-sign him, imo.

Good shout.

Rangers can't afford those kind of wages.

Even Celtic couldn't.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Vardy's not getting any younger, & their other forwards are yad. 

Given his injury history, if Leicester, Bournemouth, or even Newcastle come in for him, he'd be daft not to talk to them.

Think Rodgers would be in pole position though, if he's interested.

The money merry-go round will start soon.

All the bang average players going for £30M + to English teams.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

Panic buy from Madrid.

Hazard is a tumultuous and phenomenal signing.

There aren't many loyal players in the game anymore but Ramos certainly isn't one of them

Gorillajam

Bryson rumoured to have signed for Aberdeen. Chelsea also after Ryan Fraser as a replacement for Hazard. Thought Chelsea were banned from any transfer activity for the next to windows?

3 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Bryson rumoured to have signed for Aberdeen. 

Where did you see that?

4 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Bryson rumoured to have signed for Aberdeen. Chelsea also after Ryan Fraser as a replacement for Hazard. Thought Chelsea were banned from any transfer activity for the next to windows?

They are but they've now appealed to CAS so it may be suspended whilst that is ongoing, although supposedly they have requested for it to be suspended.

10 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Hazard is a tumultuous and phenomenal signing.

There aren't many loyal players in the game anymore but Ramos certainly isn't one of them

You are saying Ramos isn't loyal?

Hazard is an amazing signing, but they just paid £150 Million for a player with 1 year left on his contract.  They could have signed him next year for free, hence the panic buy.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

You are saying Ramos isn't loyal?

Hazard is an amazing signing, but they just paid £150 Million for a player with 1 year left on his contract.  They could have signed him next year for free, hence the panic buy.

Has Ramos not played the I’m leaving card a few times to get an improved contract. He was linked with Man Utd a few years back? 

Just seen that Madrid have spent £262m already this summer.

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

If it’s true that bad news for us, Bryson will be good for them and they get a sell on fee for Fraser to help pay for his wages.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Has Ramos not played the I’m leaving card a few times to get an improved contract. He was linked with Man Utd a few years back? 

Just seen that Madrid have spent £262m already this summer.

What about FFP?

Surely if he stayed at Madrid, new contract or not, that makes him loyal?

Or would you say the same about Messi, as I'm sure he will have done the same?

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

What about FFP?

Surely if he stayed at Madrid, new contract or not, that makes him loyal?

Or would you say the same about Messi, as I'm sure he will have done the same?

Yeah my personal dislike of Ramos may well have influenced my opinion. He’s now went from wanting to leave for nothing to wanting his career to end at Madrid. 

I think only PSG&Man City have been linked with Messi but not sure about that. 

FFP must surely come into play, unless the have a fire sale of squad players which could probably raise quite a bit. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah my personal dislike of Ramos may well have influenced my opinion. He’s now went from wanting to leave for nothing to wanting his career to end at Madrid. 

I think only PSG&Man City have been linked with Messi but not sure about that. 

FFP must surely come into play, unless the have a fire sale of squad players which could probably raise quite a bit. 

Yeah, Ramos is a dick, but you can't deny he is a hell of a player.

Over 600 appearances for Madrid, 84 goals and 39 assists.  That's some stats for a defender.

He is a dirty prick though.

Just read he is the only player to have scored for 15 seasons in a row in La Liga.

Over 30 red cards too

?

Edited by Lovecraft

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Yeah, Ramos is a dick, but you can't deny he is a hell of a player.

Over 600 appearances for Madrid, 84 goals and 39 assists.  That's some stats for a defender.

He is a dirty prick though.

Just read he is the only player to have scored for 15 seasons in a row in La Liga.

Over 30 red cards too

?

Gets away with murder a lot of the time too, reminds me of a certain Fife Ned who grew up a Rangers fan but is nearly Celtics most decorated player.

Gorillajam
10 hours ago, andrew said:

Where did you see that?

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

If it’s true that bad news for us, Bryson will be good for them and they get a sell on fee for Fraser to help pay for his wages.

Regarding Bryson, its appeared on social media but also read it on one of the Aberdeen forums so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. Supposedly will be announced next week at some point. I think Aberdeen fans would rather have Shinnie over Bryson.

Aberdeen's transfer budget will remain the same irrespective of the Fraser transfer. Any money they receive from the sell on clause will most likely go towards their new stadium. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Gorillajam said:

Regarding Bryson, its appeared on social media but also read it on one of the Aberdeen forums so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. Supposedly will be announced next week at some point. I think Aberdeen fans would rather have Shinnie over Bryson.

Aberdeen's transfer budget will remain the same irrespective of the Fraser transfer. Any money they receive from the sell on clause will most likely go towards their new stadium. 

I think once they see him the Derby fans will want Bryson over Shinnie too.

Forgot about the stadium and the funding required.