Hearts facing contract fight with Fernando Screpis

footieman

Mendy looked good last night......

Do you think some players go to Kaunas to play for hearts and end up not putting their all in to the games? Looks like it.

Yeah but still whats the point of them going there? If they are not sure if a player is good enuff they will not find out that when a player is not trying.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah but still whats the point of them going there? If they are not sure if a player is good enuff they will not find out that when a player is not trying.

They will not find out in a league which is so much poorer than the SPL.

Screpis looked good playing for Hearts in Vienna. With all due respect, if he isn't happy playing on cabbage patches in Lithuania in a crap League because he was conned into going there, that doesn't take away from the fact the boy can play football and would be a very welcome addition to Hearts current squad, where the midfield has been a problem recently (mind you, take away Velicka and every department of our team has been a problem recently).

If Screpis has a legal document saying he will become a Hearts player on 01/01/2008 and FB Kaunas have not transferred his registration, it's quite simply yet more shoddy treatment of a professional footballer by Romanov.

Just my opinion, of course.

If a player has ability he would show at least glimpses of it in any league. He was below average in A Lyga.

This reminds me of the contract wrangle with Beslija.

Signs a player but then tries to back out of it. We eventually signed Beslija for a record fee but then never played him.:confused:

Aye - another sound bit of business from he-who-can-do-no-wrong-in-business-as-he-has-lots-of-money.

How can anybody tell him if he is wanted if we don't have a manager? Romanov has apparantly resigned the position and given it to one of his puppets on a temporary basis, promising he will not interfere but give him no authority anyway.

boabyarsebiscuit
If a player has ability he would show at least glimpses of it in any league. He was below average in A Lyga.

He was great against FK Austria Magna, a team who made the UEFA Cup Groups.

And Austria were taking it seriously enough for one of their tough guy midfielders to hump Cesney/Miko (forget which) for the ball to break to Kingston, who the guy promptly biffed up in the air on the second ball, only to go for breaking ball 3 and himself get scudded by Fernando Screpis.

If I don't want to be in a particular place it will affect my performance. He wants to be at Hearts. Non-issue.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I haven't read the whole story or anything, but if he has a contract with Hearts, why doesn't he just turn up at training one day? That's what I would do!

cardboardcutout

if you were screpis and saw a hearts midfield play and then were told they didnt want you, you would be forced to take legal action just to save your reputation!!:mad:

He was great against FK Austria Magna, a team who made the UEFA Cup Groups.

And Austria were taking it seriously enough for one of their tough guy midfielders to hump Cesney/Miko (forget which) for the ball to break to Kingston, who the guy promptly biffed up in the air on the second ball, only to go for breaking ball 3 and himself get scudded by Fernando Screpis.

If I don't want to be in a particular place it will affect my performance. He wants to be at Hearts. Non-issue.

So your saying that one OK performance in a FRIENDLY tells us more about a player than 12 official matches where he was pish and his total contribution was 1 assist and no goals? Even Mendy looked better than him and he was there longer and also wanted desperatly to move to Hearts.

The Real Maroonblood
We really are a complete and utter shambles.

Does anyone at Tynecastle know what the hell they are doing ?

Embarrassing.

The club is rotten to the core.

Did something similar not happen with one of the youngsters in the summer? I cant remember the boys name im pretty sure he was sent out on loan and then never heard from the club after that.

Is Screpis the story the EEN use when its a slow news day. I got the point at the begining of the month that he is not happy and may go to court over it.

It was the begining of the month and still we have not contacted this player who has signed a 3 year deal with us. Don't you find that news worthy ? We have treated this player appallingly IMO.

boabyarsebiscuit
So your saying that one OK performance in a FRIENDLY tells us more about a player than 12 official matches where he was pish and his total contribution was 1 assist and no goals? Even Mendy looked better than him and he was there longer and also wanted desperatly to move to Hearts.

I'm saying his performance in a game that mattered to him (he was trying to win a contract) was outstanding.

I'm also saying if you don't really want to be somewhere, that can affect peformance.

Please understand, I am not anti-Lithuanian, but Fernando Screpis looked like he was a player who could do a job in Hearts midfield. I think the way he is being treated, if the claims are true, is very shoddy.

I was hoping that after the New Year's Day announcement we'd seen the last of unprofessionalism at Hearts. This situation seems to suggest we haven't.

And if it's the person who reckons Beniusis is SPL quality who is deciding Screpis is no good, and can therefore be dicked around, I'll take my view of Screpis in a friendly over their's, as should anyone else on this messageboard.

Romanov truly is a ****** of epic proportions.

Do you think he sits in his bolt-hole in Kaunas dreaming up new ways to embarrass us ?

Get this fecking sorted ya wee dick.

Yes he is.

Play him ? Fine.

Sell him ? Fine.

Put him on loan ? Fine.

At least these would be the 3 bona-fide football outcomes for any player at any normal club.

At Hearts though there is always a 4th way.

Limbo.

Really really does yer heid in this kind of stuff...

I wish the football team I support had the decency to tell people whether they want them to work for them or not.

The boy is a human being, looking to find out about his new job. To not have the decency to tell him one way or the other is out of order on the part of HMFC IMO.

Both of these posts state how I see it.

I don't mind us being ruthless with what Romanov perceives to be "the enemy" but we need to take care of our own, irrespective of how good or bad they are.

Truly embarrassing.

All this reminds me of a great episode of The Simpsons, where Homer is falsely accused of sexual harrassment and the TV networks crucify him. After his name is cleared thanks to Groundskeeper Willie's intervention, Groundskeeper Willie himself is castigated on a prime-time show. Homer signals his disgust at Willie's alleged behaviour, to the astonishment of Marge, who asks him if the experience has not taught him anything.

"Dearest Marge", he says, "I haven't learned a thing."

Vladimir Romanov IS Homer Simpson.

Screpis looked good playing for Hearts in Vienna. With all due respect, if he isn't happy playing on cabbage patches in Lithuania in a crap League because he was conned into going there, that doesn't take away from the fact the boy can play football and would be a very welcome addition to Hearts current squad, where the midfield has been a problem recently (mind you, take away Velicka and every department of our team has been a problem recently).

If Screpis has a legal document saying he will become a Hearts player on 01/01/2008 and FB Kaunas have not transferred his registration, it's quite simply yet more shoddy treatment of a professional footballer by Romanov.

Just my opinion, of course.

i concur with your opinion bobby. :dribble:

It was the begining of the month and still we have not contacted this player who has signed a 3 year deal with us. Don't you find that news worthy ? We have treated this player appallingly IMO.

Allegedly.

Graham Thomson

My god, everyone is so gullible, u guys really are a sports editors dream, this is not new news, it first came to light weeks ago, the EEN has obviously had a quiet sports day, i have no coubt the club are dealing with the lads situation, his agent must have a direct line to the press, sometimes, we just need to take a step back, and pause for breath, before we start the our club is a shambles thread......

My god, everyone is so gullible, u guys really are a sports editors dream, this is not new news, it first came to light weeks ago, the EEN has obviously had a quiet sports day, i have no coubt the club are dealing with the lads situation, his agent must have a direct line to the press, sometimes, we just need to take a step back, and pause for breath, before we start the our club is a shambles thread......

Well said!!!!

Voice of reason

Very well said! - you should be called the Voice of Reason!

There are too many apologists for the Media on this thread - they are all just mediasheep!

The White Cockade

are you honestly saying our club isn't a shambles????

to be fair its probably a lot worse than a shambles

Be happy he's not coming over. Utter pants for Kaunas. But why the hell was he given a contract in the first place?! Same with Mendy.

Can you say fantasy football.

Toxteth O'Grady

Another fine example of Twattery at the highest level of HMFC

All this is doing is making it harder for us to sign anyone decent in the future and it won't do any good for the morale of the players we already have.

I am concerned that all we are hearing about is from his agent.

What if his contract states that he spend 6 months at Kaunus to prove he is worth a contract for Hearts? If so, what happens if it is decided he isn't good enough? - we have enough crap players here already.

I am concerned that all we are hearing about is from his agent.

What if his contract states that he spend 6 months at Kaunus to prove he is worth a contract for Hearts? If so, what happens if it is decided he isn't good enough? - we have enough crap players here already.

If that was the case you would think the club would tell him.

Then again........

He should have been happy that he was playing at the top of the Romanov pyramid for the last 6 months.

Why would he want to play for one of the lower teams in the pyramid at Hearts?

This is a disgrace.

Can someone fly over to Lithuania to add this to the list of questions we are asking Romanov.

That way he can re-think, give us answers to our unrealistic fears and change his ways.

We all care so much we will travel to Lithuania.

Whats wrong with Riccarton or Gorgie Road.

They will not find out in a league which is so much poorer than the SPL.

Wasnt that the same I said? But in any case if a player is good it would be a peace of cake for him in A Lyga.

I'm saying his performance in a game that mattered to him (he was trying to win a contract) was outstanding.

I'm also saying if you don't really want to be somewhere, that can affect peformance.

Please understand, I am not anti-Lithuanian, but Fernando Screpis looked like he was a player who could do a job in Hearts midfield. I think the way he is being treated, if the claims are true, is very shoddy.

I was hoping that after the New Year's Day announcement we'd seen the last of unprofessionalism at Hearts. This situation seems to suggest we haven't.

And if it's the person who reckons Beniusis is SPL quality who is deciding Screpis is no good, and can therefore be dicked around, I'll take my view of Screpis in a friendly over their's, as should anyone else on this messageboard.

Ok. But just don't complain about pish players when he comes over eventualy.

He's not any better than most of the players that came over from Kaunas.

If another player was coming from Lithuania with such a poor record most people would have a fit. If a player was playing so poorly for the reserves I doubt that many would want him in the Hearts team. Plus IMO it tells something about his professionalism and attitude that he tryes only when he wants to. We have enuff such passangers at Hearts allready.

And BTW I'm not saying he was treated rightly. It's totaly unprofessional if true. I'm just saying he's pish poor and why are you so desperate for more dead wood in the squad just based on one friendly? Might as well then deman for Mendy to come along too.

The Real Maroonblood
Ok. But just don't complain about pish players when he comes over eventualy.

He's not any better than most of the players that came over from Kaunas.If another player was coming from Lithuania with such a poor record most people would have a fit. If a player was playing so poorly for the reserves I doubt that many would want him in the Hearts team. Plus IMO it tells something about his professionalism and attitude that he tryes only when he wants to. We have enuff such passangers at Hearts allready.

He couldn't be any worse because they are all crap.

He couldn't be any worse because they are all crap.

Aye. Especialy Velicka...

well hope none of you moan when he comes over and does a Mo Bearthe.

The Real Maroonblood

I should've added along with a few of the Scottish based players.

We_are_the_Hearts

Cheers KisLas.

If Screpis was Lithuanian I'm not sure there would be the same urge to get him over here. Sounds like he hasn't produced the goods so Vlad doesn't want to increase our squad with ANOTHER below standard player. Hopefuly this is the new policy although you can never tell when Vlad isinvolved:rolleyes:

I should've added along with a few of the Scottish based players.

Yes you should have. There's a lot of dead wood in the squad. Of all nationalities.

Hmmm... now I think I was a bit harsh on Mendy. Good pace, sound defending... He could probably do a job in the SPL.

Wasnt that the same I said? But in any case if a player is good it would be a peace of cake for him in A Lyga.

Yes, good players should stand out there like a beacon.

As we have seen with the likes of Velicka/Klimek/Beniusis - you clearly don't have to be a top class player to be amongst the top scorers in A Lyga.

Yes, good players should stand out there like a beacon.

As we have seen with the likes of Velicka/Klimek/Beniusis - you clearly don't have to be a top class player to be amongst the top scorers in A Lyga.

Klimek was never among the top scorers here. Not even close. Velicka was and he's doing the same in Scotland. So Beniusis is the only one that falls in the category you mentioned.

Klimek was never among the top scorers here. Not even close. Velicka was and he's doing the same in Scotland. So Beniusis is the only one that falls in the category you mentioned.

Apologies, I thought that the mobile John Hartson had been a top goalscorer in Kaunas.

Yes you should have. There's a lot of dead wood in the squad. Of all nationalities.

Hmmm... now I think I was a bit harsh on Mendy. Good pace, sound defending... He could probably do a job in the SPL.

Dunno if has been asked already but is Pascal Mendy in any way related to the Mendy (Fredric) playing for senegal in the African nations cup. Or is Mendy just the senegalese version of Smith?

BTW I saw Mendy when over in Kaunas v Vetra and would be very surprised if he could make the grade here. Was only one game though and Screpis was so bad he got hooked.

Apologies, I thought that the mobile John Hartson had been a top goalscorer in Kaunas.

He had a good run. Something like 12 goals in 12 games but then got injured IRC. Now the mobile hartson is playing in Latvia :)

Guest JamboRobbo

LOL. So those who believe this story are the gullable ones?

Even though we've heard similar stories from various players since Vlad became the so called owner of the club.

Ok.

He had a good run. Something like 12 goals in 12 games but then got injured IRC. Now the mobile hartson is playing in Latvia :)

I'm not sure I've ever seen a player so bewildered to be on the field at Tynecastle!

:)

Archived