Hearts facing contract fight with Fernando Screpis

footieman

Dunno if has been asked already but is Pascal Mendy in any way related to the Mendy (Fredric) playing for senegal in the African nations cup. Or is Mendy just the senegalese version of Smith?

BTW I saw Mendy when over in Kaunas v Vetra and would be very surprised if he could make the grade here. Was only one game though and Screpis was so bad he got hooked.

No idea if their related but I have seen about 20 Mendy's so probably Senegal's Smith :D

well then you have seen about the same I have when I watched Kaunas a few times.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure I've ever seen a player so bewildered to be on the field at Tynecastle!

:)

Well now he has something to tell his kids and they will pass the story from one generation of Klimek's to another :confused:

Guest JamboRobbo
I'm not sure I've ever seen a player so bewildered to be on the field at Tynecastle!

:)

He was wondering why he wasn't allowed to bring his horse out with him.

He was wondering why he wasn't allowed to bring his horse out with him.

He did provide the best photos ever seen on the Hearts website. We should be grateful for them.:P

sorry. I retract the earlier statement. This is disgraceful behaviour from the mad fud and his cohorts.

Frail - sort it out.

NOW.

I hope that's a joke...we all know that whatever responsibilities Frail has, they don't extend to transfers and contracts. This has absolutely nothing to do with Frail. He's got quite enough on his plate anyway....

After the Beslija story, I'm more than happy to sit and wait this one out before I start getting upset at another perceived gaffe from the club. The media have consistently had it wrong when it comes to this sort of thing.

I hope that's a joke...we all know that whatever responsibilities Frail has, they don't extend to transfers and contracts. This has absolutely nothing to do with Frail. He's got quite enough on his plate anyway....

After the Beslija story, I'm more than happy to sit and wait this one out before I start getting upset at another perceived gaffe from the club. The media have consistently had it wrong when it comes to this sort of thing.

Yes, the media have.

But this smacks of another club/Romanov 'I can do what i like' the rules are there to be ignored, Oh look at me shake up the football fraternity, I play hardball, my way or the highway escapade.

Where he bucks the trend because he thinks he can.

or because he doesnt know that he cant?

We have other players that come to Tyncesatle and dont play, they rot in the reserves or on the bench. Why not have done this with Screpsis? Keep the papers of our backs? At least prvent another embarrassing bit of laundry being aired in public?

Whether it has substance or not actually has very little to do with the matter.

...because mud sticks, and right now HMFC as drowning under the mud that VR has allowed and in some cases courted to being thrown at the club.

The Screpsis issue could have been dealt with. It could have not been allowed to get to this level. But it has. So it shows another startling misguided ineptitude by VR, or a deliberate shocking willful disregard for both a player and the clubs repurtation.

Either way, the end result is not good.

Fine Scottish Wine

Who is his contract with, Kaunas or Hearts, was the agreement to move to Hearts written in the contract or just verbal, if it is in the contract are there clauses written into the agreement.

I would prefer to wait until i know the answer to these before i make too much judgement, although even a gentleman's agreement should be honoured.

boabyarsebiscuit
Cheers KisLas.

If Screpis was Lithuanian I'm not sure there would be the same urge to get him over here. Sounds like he hasn't produced the goods so Vlad doesn't want to increase our squad with ANOTHER below standard player. Hopefuly this is the new policy although you can never tell when Vlad isinvolved:rolleyes:

And you've seen Fernando Screpis play, right?

Yes, the media have.

But this smacks of another club/Romanov 'I can do what i like' the rules are there to be ignored, Oh look at me shake up the football fraternity, I play hardball, my way or the highway escapade.

Where he bucks the trend because he thinks he can.

or because he doesnt know that he cant?

We have other players that come to Tyncesatle and dont play, they rot in the reserves or on the bench. Why not have done this with Screpsis? Keep the papers of our backs? At least prvent another embarrassing bit of laundry being aired in public?

Whether it has substance or not actually has very little to do with the matter.

...because mud sticks, and right now HMFC as drowning under the mud that VR has allowed and in some cases courted to being thrown at the club.

The Screpsis issue could have been dealt with. It could have not been allowed to get to this level. But it has. So it shows another startling misguided ineptitude by VR, or a deliberate shocking willful disregard for both a player and the clubs repurtation.

Either way, the end result is not good.

Yep, but who's to say that the matter isn't being dealt with? It's just the EEN hacks telling us that it isn't and I'm happy to wait and see what the club have to say before getting my knickers all twisty.

Mud sticks and the media have been flinging it at us for months now so I'd be surprised if there's room for any more. Sometimes reputations become so rubbish that nobody's interest anymore. Nobody but us anyway.

Speaking of which...have the tabloids picked up on this story yet?

Yep, but who's to say that the matter isn't being dealt with? It's just the EEN hacks telling us that it isn't and I'm happy to wait and see what the club have to say before getting my knickers all twisty.

Mud sticks and the media have been flinging it at us for months now so I'd be surprised if there's room for any more. Sometimes reputations become so rubbish that nobody's interest anymore. Nobody but us anyway.

Speaking of which...have the tabloids picked up on this story yet?

The points isnt about whether it is or isnt being dealt with.

Its the perception that is important.

If its being dealt with, then fine, but the scaremongering that surrounds it is still damaging.

If its not, then the scaremongering is valid, and the damage is the same.

The real issue of delaing with the problem by the club will never get any air as thats a non story - unless they are making a mess of it.

Patrick Bateman

This is what happens when you have someone like Pedro Lopez at the club. The man has absolutely NO idea of how to run a FOOTBALL club.

Our managerial twilight hardley helps either. Romanov is PATHETIC.

Who went out and scouted this player in the first place?? Yet another mistake by our owner who let a puppet go out and pick him!!! What a fecking circus!!

are you honestly saying our club isn't a shambles????

to be fair its probably a lot worse than a shambles

:o correct, when you step off your supporters bus and other teams supporters are havin' a laugh at your expense, even when weve won then you know the club is a shambles. ( I DONT CARE WHAT EVRYBODY THINKS IM NOT PARANOID) :wacko::dribble:

John Gentleman
We really are a complete and utter shambles.

Does anyone at Tynecastle know what the hell they are doing ?

Embarrassing.

Truer words were never spoken.

We're clueless, witless, unmanegable, tactically inept.......och, add your own.

Bluidy depressing. It really is.

its where we bide
I find this thread astonishing in that everyone is believing the local evening press is correct in its story.

There may well be more to this story than the evening hibs is telling us.

Does anyone know what Hearts position on Screpis's alleged contract is?

Lets not let truth get in the way of a good kickback moaning session.

If Screpis has a genuine contract with Hearts his treatment is disgraceful but in this case I will wait for an outcome.

this is what happens when only one side tells a story, it has happened so many times now im completley bored of it

The club CHOOSES not to coment

they feul the situation because they allow our suspicion to be fed

OR

Its true and they cannot say otherwise.

Im fed up of the 1970's USSR mentality we display as a club. I suspect many potenial investors, players, coaches, managers etc etc are as well

Seymour M Hersh
Aye. Especialy Velicka...

well hope none of you moan when he comes over and does a Mo Bearthe.

Out of order caller!!!!!!!!!!

No-one can ever come close to being as pish poor a player as oor mo!

We_are_the_Hearts
And you've seen Fernando Screpis play, right?

Is it me that decided he isn't coming over? Was it?

I'm just trying to think of a reason WHY he isn't here yet.

TBH I don;t care who has seen him play as would never take a Kickbackers judgement of a player at face value. Would need to see him myself.

Nelly Terraces

Screpsis is a disgrace. Same with that Burley alcohlic and those 2 morons who almost killed the club Anderton and Foulkes.

They should hang their heads in shame.

Nelly Terraces

Nothing ever does, for teflon man Frail. What is it exactly that he does?

this is what happens when only one side tells a story, it has happened so many times now im completley bored of it

The club CHOOSES not to coment

they feul the situation because they allow our suspicion to be fed

OR

Its true and they cannot say otherwise.

Im fed up of the 1970's USSR mentality we display as a club. I suspect many potenial investors, players, coaches, managers etc etc are as well

Would you like your employer to discuss your contract in the press?

Maybe it is time that some of the clubs were not so public with their employees terms and conditions.

its where we bide
Would you like your employer to discuss your contract in the press?

Maybe it is time that some of the clubs were not so public with their employees terms and conditions.

I would not expect my employer to discuss anything about me in the press

If i was however, i would be astounded if they didnt

I would not expect my employer to discuss anything about me in the press

If i was however, i would be astounded if they didnt

Exactly, so why should we expect football clubs to discuss contracts in the press?

Archived