Absolute Scenes

***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yeah. Reading the interview with Colquhoun in the EEN (split over two articles), he seems to suggest Levein is going to be far more reliant on young players this coming season. It’s just annoying that we are having to waste time replacing Vanecek in the first place to be honest. A couple of very good signings in midfield and attack, and if nobody else moves on, then I will be pretty happy. A lot would rest on some young shoulders though, in that scenario.

agreed

I genuinely do believe and stand by the thought, that we have the makings of a good squad , a good core (with Naismith signing hopefully!) where we need one or two quality additions - the boy Grot from Leeds looks like the type of winger we need, if Djoum stays we wouldn't need to run about looking for midfielders of the same level - but could still do with one more decent midfielder. We have some of the best young players breaking through, so I wouldn't be against using some, but not all at once. If McDonald comes back I'd like to see him utilised more, Cochrane to get more game time and hickey in a few games as well.  Clare should be better as well, and Mulraney will be more confident to carry on as he finished. I'm feeling quietly excited about how the squad is going to develop this season

jambo-rocker
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Thought Shaughnessy did his job to be honest. Decent cover, no superstar, but cover was all he was meant to be.

JRG, is an awkward type. Definitely ability in there, but seems to be trying to come to terms with how to use his body. Couldn't do right at Leeds, probably trying too hard.

Definitely a player that would appeal to Levein, given his success with Fuller and De Vries. Not sure this lad is quite so good as those 2, but if he can get his confidence and balance, he could be a real asset in Scotland

If we're looking at it from a cover perspective, then why are we signing a player on loan for cover when Baur, Petkov or Hamilton could easily, between the three of them, cover as 4th choice CB? Levein clearly isn't shy to throw a youngster in out from the cold, so I don't see why this should be any different.

It's why I'm sceptical of this loan winger from Leeds, who from what I have read is already quite raw. Surely we can recruit and develop a better winger of our own if he's going to be third choice for now anyway. Is our scouting really that peripherally focused that we can't scout another player in all of Europe that fits this bill, rather than taking all the risk with another winger with less reward than if we found a similar quality player on an 18 month deal?

Edited by jambo-rocker

Sir Gio
5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yeah. Reading the interview with Colquhoun in the EEN (split over two articles), he seems to suggest Levein is going to be far more reliant on young players this coming season. It’s just annoying that we are having to waste time replacing Vanecek in the first place to be honest. A couple of very good signings in midfield and attack, and if nobody else moves on, then I will be pretty happy. A lot would rest on some young shoulders though, in that scenario.

Balance isn't it, between supressing the talent in the ranks, whilst surrounding it with the quality that will allow it to flourish.

Personally I like players who have played international football, even if it is for Northern Ireland, they seem to be able to handle pressure situations far better. Our cup final team had nearly all played international football at some level or cup finals, hence why the occasion did not phase them. Edwards, Haring and Clare I think the only 3 who had neither represented their country or previously played a final.

3 or 4 more players who have that experience would be very useful.

Sir Gio
1 minute ago, jambo-rocker said:

If we're looking at it from a cover perspective, then why are we signing a player on loan for cover when Baur, Petkov or Hamilton could easily between the three of them cover as 4th choice CB? Levein clearly isn't shy to throw a youngster in out from the cold, so I don't see why this should be any different.

It's why I'm sceptical of this winger from Leeds. Surely we can recruit and develop a better winger of our own if he's going to be third choice for now anyway. Is our scouting really that perphieral that we can't scout a player in all of Europe that fits this bill rather than taking all the risk with another winger with less reward than if we found a similar quality player on an 18 month deal?

Were any of those out on loan? Petkov of the 3 perhaps could have been given a chance. Other than the error against Dundee, Shaughnessy really didn't do all that badly. He was average, really don't understand what we were looking for.

He was asked to play on the left when left backs kept falling down, he did ok.

Peter Haring would suggest that our scouting is not peripheral, suspect it all comes down to availability, affordability and then the doozy, does the player actually want to move to Scotland.

I doubt its an easy job in all honesty, other clubs are finding it just as tough in our bracket. Rangers are hovering anything that moves that is worthwhile at home

jambo-rocker
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Were any of those out on loan? Petkov of the 3 perhaps could have been given a chance. Other than the error against Dundee, Shaughnessy really didn't do all that badly. He was average, really don't understand what we were looking for.

He was asked to play on the left when left backs kept falling down, he did ok.

Peter Haring would suggest that our scouting is not peripheral, suspect it all comes down to availability, affordability and then the doozy, does the player actually want to move to Scotland.

I doubt its an easy job in all honesty, other clubs are finding it just as tough in our bracket. Rangers are hovering anything that moves that is worthwhile at home

They were all in the club come January. I'm pretty sure Hamilton was sent back, Petkov wasn't anyway and Baur was on loan the season before. I'm not saying he had an easy job of it considering how this half of the season turned out, but it feels like these players missed out on some valuable minutes and probably done the same job.

Peter Haring definitely feels like an exception rather than the rule. Aside from him and Vanecek, (Amankwaa too?) most of recruitment has been in the UK.

I'm obviously not saying it's an easy task, and we're definitely harder on signings than most other clubs are, but it doesn't feel like we're learning our lessons. We hired 4 to 5 scouts to help with recruitment for last season and our recruiting style doesn't still feel like it's changed much at all in the last 3 seasons.

Absolute Scenes
45 minutes ago, jambo-rocker said:

If we're looking at it from a cover perspective, then why are we signing a player on loan for cover when Baur, Petkov or Hamilton could easily, between the three of them, cover as 4th choice CB? Levein clearly isn't shy to throw a youngster in out from the cold, so I don't see why this should be any different.

It's why I'm sceptical of this loan winger from Leeds, who from what I have read is already quite raw. Surely we can recruit and develop a better winger of our own if he's going to be third choice for now anyway. Is our scouting really that peripherally focused that we can't scout another player in all of Europe that fits this bill, rather than taking all the risk with another winger with less reward than if we found a similar quality player on an 18 month deal?

For someone being quite raw, he still managed 6 goals and a good assist playing for one of the lower dutch teams in the top flight

If we can get him and hammer into him to do the basics of a winger, i.e. run down the wing, get crosses in etc, we could have a gem on our hands

If Milinkovic was to come back though, I'd be taking him over JRG, just as he knows the Scottish game, and was a decent player for us.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
15 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

If we can get him and hammer into him to do the basics of a winger, i.e. run down the wing, get crosses in etc, we could have a gem on our hands.

It worked for Mulraney, fair enough, but who is he crossing it in to?

Absolute Scenes
12 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

It worked for Mulraney, fair enough, but who is he crossing it in to?

Uche, Haring, Lee, Djoum, Naismith etc

saxondale
3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Jay Roy Grot from Leeds

No chance. The guy looks more out of shape than Vanecek!

Famous 1874

Thought we were going for 3/4 players with real quality

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Yes, that is what Craig Levein said. 

And after we had already signed Halkett. 

JamboAl
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

agreed

I genuinely do believe and stand by the thought, that we have the makings of a good squad , a good core (with Naismith signing hopefully!) where we need one or two quality additions - the boy Grot from Leeds looks like the type of winger we need, if Djoum stays we wouldn't need to run about looking for midfielders of the same level - but could still do with one more decent midfielder. We have some of the best young players breaking through, so I wouldn't be against using some, but not all at once. If McDonald comes back I'd like to see him utilised more, Cochrane to get more game time and hickey in a few games as well.  Clare should be better as well, and Mulraney will be more confident to carry on as he finished. I'm feeling quietly excited about how the squad is going to develop this season

This

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, jambo-rocker said:

Dikamona is our 4th choice centre back.

Bob Loblaw
44 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Out of shape, what are you looking at?  He is an absolute tank.

siegementality
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

He might regret saying that. Under promise and over deliver is always the better option.

gorgieheart
1 hour ago, saxondale said:

Really  ?Image result for jay roy grot

Phil Dunphy
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Personally I like players who have played international football, even if it is for Northern Ireland,

What a stupid comment that is.

Northern Ireland are ranked 28th in the world, above nations like Turkey, Russia, Scotland (nearly 20 places above that mob), Ivory Coast and R.O.I. 

I bet you wouldn’t debate whether signing a Turkish international or a Slovakian international if the chance came along. 

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Fat ******* eh

Sir Gio
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Northern Ireland are ranked 28th in the world, above nations like Turkey, Russia, Scotland (nearly 20 places above that mob), Ivory Coast and R.O.I. 

I bet you wouldn’t debate whether signing a Turkish international or a Slovakian international if the chance came along. 

I think you taking comments out of context and looking for schoolboy fights is stupid but there we go .

I rate Northern Ireland unlike so many other people just last week 

Barack
1 hour ago, saxondale said:

8 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Looks like Zeefuik now.

Sir Gio
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Looks like Zeefuik now.

There were some humorous bellies on parade in that particular Leeds top. Not one to flatter the beer drinkers of West Yorks

Mauricio Pinilla

Probably been discussed but am I **** going back through this thread. Us and Hibs been linked with chuks aneke. I like the look of him. 

Phil Dunphy
11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think you taking comments out of context and looking for schoolboy fights is stupid but there we go .

I rate Northern Ireland unlike so many other people just last week 

“Even if it is for Northern Ireland” is rather arrogant. Whether you meant it to be or not. 

Barack
Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Probably been discussed but am I **** going back through this thread. Us and Hibs been linked with chuks aneke. I like the look of him. 

Another absolute tank. And an actual talented footballer too.

Think he'll stay dan saaf though.

Sir Gio
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

“Even if it is for Northern Ireland” is rather arrogant. Whether you meant it to be or not. 

As I say, out of context, I was bending over backwards on another thread re NI. Plenty of other people apparently don't share my view about NI. Irony Phil, irony.

BigAlim

Aneke

Grot

Naismith 

Halkett

White

Good window? Suppose it also depends on the Djoum situation 

Sir Gio
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Holland under 21 international signed by a top English Championship side with a huge scouting network. Yet to prove his worth, but could be real quality.

We wont be signing players that cost millions, which is real quality. Interpretation I suppose

Phil Dunphy
4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Aneke

Grot

Naismith 

Halkett

White

No-one knows about White or whether he’ll be a good addition to the squad. How long’s he been out for now? Two years?

The reviews from Leeds fans is not a glowing endorsement for Grot. I’m on the fence for that one. 

Either way, we absolutely need better width in the team. Morrison and Mulraney aren’t enough to get us to where we wanna be. 

And if the management team once again fail to address the need for a creative midfielder, then serious questions need to be asked to their competence in their roles. 

heartsfc_fan
10 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Aneke

Grot

Naismith 

Halkett

White

Craig Gordon perhaps

Absolute Scenes
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Craig Gordon perhaps

Possibly Mandron as back striker too

Edit: he will be backup - Uche's on instagram showing he's an absolute beast still. Boy is going to bully the hell out of players this season

Edited by Absolute Scenes

Dayman
21 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Possibly the guy that’s been pictures with levein in the last day or so? 

BigAlim
16 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Possibly Mandron as back striker too

Edit: he will be backup - Uche's on instagram showing he's an absolute beast still. Boy is going to bully the hell out of players this season

Shankland is another rumour that popped up a while back, I wonder if we're just keeping our options open? 

Leveins Battalion

I'm 100% sure Craig Levein:hartley: knows what he's doing

jambocub
29 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Possibly the guy that’s been pictures with levein in the last day or so? 

He does have similar hair style to the guy I saw yesterday so possible it was him

Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Shankland is another rumour that popped up a while back, I wonder if we're just keeping our options open? 

I forgot about him. Thats went very quiet.

Deevers
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Aneke

Grot

Naismith 

Halkett

White

Need a keeper as well.

Gav M

So, Grot, Aneke and Ariyibi. If that's all true then we are definitely looking at big, strong, athletic types with a bit of football ability as well! Add in guys like walker and Milinkovic then that's a good mix to be bringing in, especially when you have guys like haring, naismith, Uch and even McLean already here.

Sir Gio

Grot, Aneke and Ikpeazu all lining up, big physical team :lol:

Along with Haring, Souttar and Berra, quite a threat at set pieces

Icon of Symmetry
2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Yes, but Northern Ireland is a bit of a kiddie-on country tbh.

::troll::

letsalldothebeattie

Apparently we are interested in signing the Leeds United winger Jay-Roy Grot on a season long loan according to the Evening News

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-interested-in-signing-leeds-united-s-dutch-winger-jay-roy-grot-1-4948951

If anything smacks of a Levein signing its this one. A Dutch winger who has struggled for game time since joining Leeds in 2017, struggled with homesickness & the belter of the article has even been BOOED onto the park by his own fans. A current day Hearts signing if their ever was one

Rudolf
2 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Apparently we are interested in signing the Leeds United winger Jay-Roy Grot on a season long loan according to the Evening News

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-interested-in-signing-leeds-united-s-dutch-winger-jay-roy-grot-1-4948951

If anything smacks of a Levein signing its this one. A Dutch winger who has struggled for game time since joining Leeds in 2017, struggled with homesickness & the belter of the article has even been BOOED onto the park by his own fans. A current day Hearts signing if their ever was one

Why start a new thread to moan about it when you can moan 'till your hearts content on the transfer thread?

letsalldothebeattie
Just now, Rudolf said:

Why start a new thread to moan about it when you can moan 'till your hearts content on the transfer thread?

How was any of that even a moan

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

"smacks of a levein signing, struggling" etc. Not hard to see you created a new thread to have a dig at the manager

Its clearly already been mentioned in the transfer thread

Mods close the thread to minimise another thread being derailed by levein jibes

AlphonseCapone
4 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

:rofl:

:notsure:

RudiHMFC
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

"smacks of a levein signing, struggling" etc. Not hard to see you created a new thread to have a dig at the manager

Its clearly already been mentioned in the transfer thread

Mods close the thread to minimise another thread being derailed by levein jibes

Quickly! :rofl:

Nessjambo67
9 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

My god you’ve got him doomed to failure already what’s wrong with you ?..

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Quickly! :rofl:

only a matter of time, as with every other thread

Jammy T
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Holland under 21 international signed by a top English Championship side with a huge scouting network. Yet to prove his worth, but could be real quality.

We wont be signing players that cost millions, which is real quality. Interpretation I suppose

Yet if he is shite it will be our scouting that is called into question not Leeds.....

Artful Dodger

Has he goat 2 broken legs anaw ??????

Rerr bantz eh..

Jammy T
8 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

:rofl:

:notsure:

PMSL