Absolute Scenes

***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Sir Gio
3 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

Jesus wept, still a bitch-fest then !

Any word or whisper or ITK or Gorgie Fish Bar news or Dalmahoy spotting or Oriam showround hints.....anything  ?

Gies something other than folk f*ckin moanin !!!

You moaning about the moanin?

:muggy:

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah, apart from Haring, Naismith, Gomis, Pallardo, Djoum, Adao and probably a few others who have been through the door in recent years who fit the "Very strong and athletic in the middle of the park is very comfortable and reassuring on the ball and is meant to be a fantastic passer of the ball" description

The "meant to be" is very vague mind you. Is he or not?

Sean Clare is athletic,as is Edward's,I have a feeling Clare in particular will kick on this season.👍

stotty
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Oh, well. That's ok then. 

Play in Europe, & are happy to go with one recognised striker in Brophy. 

Rangers were a far better team than Killie & us, and have signed 8. Celtic won the league, & have signed more than Killie.

Seems it's only Hearts that's the problem. 

I only give a toss about Hearts and our recruitment is a let down so far. We need to improve a lot this season and the squad still needs major improvement IMO. 

Barack
9 minutes ago, stotty said:

I only give a toss about Hearts and our recruitment is a let down so far. We need to improve a lot this season and the squad still needs major improvement IMO. 

So you're happy to wait until the last day of the transfer window, and trust the club to get the right standard in. Rather than rant about them not signing umpteen players before Friday, and our seemingly inevitable defeat? Going by some folk's "reasoning."

Good to hear.

Edited by Barack

innerjambo

All will be revealed by 21:30 tomorrow evening. Nothing will shock me either way, I will be pleasantly surprised, or slightly disappointed. That's the thing with Hearts these days, we're so garbage that people expect very little. Not a great position to be in really, but that's life under a below average manager. 

Barack
2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

All will be revealed by 21:30 tomorrow evening. Nothing will shock me either way, I will be pleasantly surprised, or slightly disappointed. That's the thing with Hearts these days, we're so garbage that people expect very little. Not a great position to be in really, but that's life under a below average manager. 

Will it literally only take a change of manager. To whoever...John McGlynn to return for example, to change your outlook on Hearts?

gorgieheart
45 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You moaning about the moanin?

:muggy:

Mibbe aye...

innerjambo
Just now, Barack said:

Will it literally only take a change of manager. To whoever...John McGlynn to return for example, to change your outlook on Hearts?

I'd like to see some progress in the style of play, more confidence in passing and in possession. I don't really care who the manager is tbh, as long as I can see that we are moving forward on the pitch and not stagnating. For the last 5 or 6 months of last season we looked as if we were disjointed and without any real plan. Injuries aside, I expected us to go through a shorter bad spell, but then gain in momentum again. We didn't, we ran out of ideas very quickly.

Barack
Just now, innerjambo said:

I'd like to see some progress in the style of play, more confidence in passing and in possession. I don't really care who the manager is tbh, as long as I can see that we are moving forward on the pitch and not stagnating. For the last 5 or 6 months of last season we looked as if we were disjointed and without any real plan. Injuries aside, I expected us to go through a shorter bad spell, but then gain in momentum again. We didn't, we ran out of ideas very quickly.

I thought it was Levein your issue was with. Sorry. There's that many, I lose track.

Here's hoping it changes then. Although I'm ok with him being here, as I think this'll be the last season, I'd like the same intensity as the opening 8 games of last season & outcome. But over a sustained period. 

Think we all do, if we stop being arseholes on here for 5 minutes & be rational. Don't think it'll catch on though.

ToqueJambo
48 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Sean Clare is athletic,as is Edward's,I have a feeling Clare in particular will kick on this season.👍

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about Clare. Ok he started nervously but he seems really promising to me and exactly what we need. If he'd come through our academy we'd be excited. Maybe some just took the whole "EPL clubs interested" stuff too seriously.

ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I'd love to see the CVs of average managers if someone with Levein's experience is considered below average 😂

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Naisysback said:

What about the boy Kouassi at Celtic on loan, back from injury and needs to play. CL and Lennon have a good relationship and would provide the solid 2nd holding mid...allow the attacking players to do what they are good at....

He's terrible.

Doesn't have the heart for the SPL

innerjambo
20 minutes ago, Barack said:

I thought it was Levein your issue was with. Sorry. There's that many, I lose track.

Here's hoping it changes then. Although I'm ok with him being here, as I think this'll be the last season, I'd like the same intensity as the opening 8 games of last season & outcome. But over a sustained period. 

Think we all do, if we stop being arseholes on here for 5 minutes & be rational. Don't think it'll catch on though.

That will probably depend on Naismith being up to speed for the first league game. He links play, sees passes others can't, and is always moving into space. 

Not to be reliant on Naismith so much..........now that would be a good sign that we're moving in the right direction. 

innerjambo
22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'd love to see the CVs of average managers if someone with Levein's experience is considered below average 😂

Don't get me wrong, he has plenty of experience. It's just that he's not very good. 

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Don't get me wrong, he has plenty of experience. It's just that he's not very good. 

Certainly had my doubts about Levein this time round but I would love him to prove people wrong,what i wont question is his commitment to Hearts,he lives and breathes this club.

FarmerTweedy
On 10/07/2019 at 20:31, soonbe110 said:

Anyone playing in England whose contract expired on 30 June is in exactly the same place as Naismith, if they have a club lined up for Aug 1. We may even have a verbal agreement with one or two. That’s the best we could have at this stage. Levein is unlikely to come out and say so even if we have because the speculation would start and the risk of being gazumped goes up. Sadly patience is not one of jkb’s attributes but it’s needed at this stage. 

Depends on how much money they were on in England, and how confident they are in the agreement with their prospective new club. Naismith stands to make a reported £160k from Norwich for July, whereas he'd probably have made somewhere in the region of an 8th of that from Hearts for July. He's gaining a very large amount of money by holding off on signing for a month, and doesn't have to worry about Hearts deciding to move on and sign another target instead. Most players coming from England to Scotland will probably be from the lower leagues and on far lower salaries in England, so won't have as much to gain, but also would be more likely to run the risk of their prospective new club maybe finding an alternative target in the meantime. 

dazajmbo

2 more being worked on. Barring nobody else going out or an unexpected coup then that's about all to happen. 

Soapy Soutar
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

2 more being worked on. Barring nobody else going out or an unexpected coup then that's about all to happen. 

Happy with that,no more than 2 needed.

Im assuming at least 1 is a cm the other?

wavydavy
45 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Depends on how much money they were on in England, and how confident they are in the agreement with their prospective new club. Naismith stands to make a reported £160k from Norwich for July, whereas he'd probably have made somewhere in the region of an 8th of that from Hearts for July. He's gaining a very large amount of money by holding off on signing for a month, and doesn't have to worry about Hearts deciding to move on and sign another target instead. Most players coming from England to Scotland will probably be from the lower leagues and on far lower salaries in England, so won't have as much to gain, but also would be more likely to run the risk of their prospective new club maybe finding an alternative target in the meantime. 

Didn't seem to stop Bryson signing for Aberdeen and he was with Derby County although I relaise that when Naismith signed for Norwich they were in the Premiership at the time so he would be on bigger money.

JamboPete
4 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Are they 2 quality players though Daza?

certain starters?

JamboCampbell
7 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

One of them JM by any chance?

wavydavy
1 minute ago, JamboCampbell said:

One of them JM by any chance?

Who is JM?

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Who is JM?

James Morrison I presume

JamboCampbell
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Who is JM?

2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

James Morrison I presume

👍🏻

wavydavy
2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

James Morrison I presume

:thumbs_up: Thought he was going to another English club?

Pans Jambo

Can we just please spend some decent salary on a decent box to box attacking midfielder?

Not too much to ask! Just 1. Then al shut ma pus!

ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, innerjambo said:

He's clearly been above average for pretty much his entire managerial career though. You see that right?

graygo
3 hours ago, Barack said:

Amen brother.

And there's the thing, I'm a big Levein supporter but if he doesn't get it right, and get it right quick I will hound him just as much as the noisy minority.

graygo
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Can we just please spend some decent salary on a decent box to box attacking midfielder?

It would be worth it for that alone. 😉

innerjambo
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's clearly been above average for pretty much his entire managerial career though. You see that right?

Nope, not really. He's had occasional moments in his career where he's had some success, but generally I'd say he's underperformed. That's why he's not won anything with any club he's ever been at. Nothing against the guy personally, but great things won't happen while he's in charge imo.

ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Nope, not really. He's had occasional moments in his career where he's had some success, but generally I'd say he's underperformed. That's why he's not won anything with any club he's ever been at. Nothing against the guy personally, but great things won't happen while he's in charge imo.

Agree to disagree. He's not my favourite Hearts manager by a long way but if our next man had his CV - but wasn't called Craig Levein - we'd be delighted - great player, done well at two top flight Scottish clubs, Hearts fan and former player, former Scotland manager, English experience, great contacts. Most managers haven't won anything and those that do tend to command a premium. He even had two very good moments just last season amid all the poor league form with our early form and cup run.

Sir Gio
8 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Clare may be the surprise as a box to box, playmaker is what I would like, time on the ball,  passer,  strong on the ball,  bringing other players into the game 

soonbe110
6 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Ok, who would you hire, realistically, for the job that’s had a successful management career including winning trophies as a manager?  

kimosavi
25 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Clare may be the surprise as a box to box, playmaker is what I would like, time on the ball,  passer,  strong on the ball,  bringing other players into the game 

He Doesn't have the heart for it I'm afraid 

I'd love him to prove me wrong though 

Mr Elwood P
29 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

He Doesn't have the heart for it I'm afraid 

I'd love him to prove me wrong though 

Impossible to know that for certain. He's a very young player who last season was playing in new league and coming back from a serious injury. Cameron and Hartley were 23 and 26 respectively when they arrived at Hearts. Plenty time for Sean Clare to step up and grow into the role. He undoubtably has a lot of natural talent and athletic qualities. He could prove to be a fantastic player for us.

Pans Jambo
8 hours ago, graygo said:

It would be worth it for that alone. 😉

Indeed. 

We have had some amazing quality midfielders over the years. Just doesnt seem right not to have a “hero” in that position for so long. Skacel & Hartley were the last ones. I know theyre like hens teeth but surely we should be offering a decent salary to attract one? Thats the position that makes a team tick, can change a game and is whats missing in our team (apart from a goal scorer but at least thats been looked at). 

If you look at the top 6 clubs, every one has a talisman midfielder. We have (had) Djoum!

jambo_No5
10 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Any idea what position the 2 play?

Robbo51
10 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Is Naismith one of the 2?

wavydavy
55 minutes ago, jambo_No5 said:

Any idea what position the 2 play?

No ideas but would imagine a defensive mid to cover for Haring and a wide player as he wants to play Clare and Walker more centrally apparently.

dougal
On 11/07/2019 at 10:05, Sid said:

I share the frustrations of last season but rather than basing you barometer on looking back, the position today compared to last Season is  : - 

1.  We have a spine of a team on longer term contracts. 

2. Central defence has been strengthened to the point that we may not be able to accommodate an SPL captain. 

3. Naismith is all but permanent. 

4. Academy is one year closer to feeding first team. 

5. We have offloaded some of the baggage (salmon and Martin, Lee not baggage but deemed not the standard we need going forward). 

6. We have signed 10-goal plus winger, proven in SPL (Walker). 

There are still some risks/unknowns - White may or may not deliver. Striker may or may not deliver. We may still have a lot of injuries this Season as we have built up squad of players with historic injuries. 

We need CDM addition. 

However, I would deem all of that as progress. Doesn’t mean we won’t lose to Utd or start slow in the League but I have confidence “progress” is being made. 

What, if any, of above is not progress?  

I've never said that there's been no progress on other matters but in terms of league position there hasn't been any progress made in the last 2 seasons. 

Having some players in longer contracts while it protects the club as it will require a fee for them to move does not guarantee better performances/results.

Agree that central defence is stronger on paper but unsure as you have said how we accommodate three good centre backs, because we've looked pretty ropey when playing three at the back recently.

Naismith is a big plus but that's only if he can stay fit. We saw what happened last season.

It's all very good having academy players coming through but they've got to be the required standard. Now it does look like we may have 4 or 5 who have the standard required but they'll need time to bed in with the team and putting them all in at once isn't going to happen and trying to bring them into a team which is struggling isn't great either so we need to be performing well to allow the easiest transition for these guys but then if we're doing well do we want to upset the balance by dropping players. One of the things I've most disliked about Levein over the last couple of seasons is his inability to pick the same team. I know that they try to pick teams based on how certain players or teams play but it's no good. It must surely dent the confidence of players who have a good game or good run of games to be dropped because management think a player who's been on the bench for a month will do better in the next game. Get a settled team and if the players are playing well. Keep them in until they're not or they're injured. 

While off loading players is progress financially it does nothing to improve the team's performances unless they use the money saved to get players in to improve the team and in the positions that need it most.

Jamie Walker may be a decent pick up but we'll have to see. Can he stay fit?? He did well for us a few years ago but I think we can all agree that Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs and Killie are all stronger than when he was last here so he may not be able to reproduce his previous form.

All in all if I'm honest I don't see progress of the playing staff in the areas we most need addressing. Yeah we've tied down some players and off loaded some but not addressed the weakest area of the team and are weaker currently than we were last year.

Edited by dougal

1874robbo
1 hour ago, Robbo51 said:

Is Naismith one of the 2?

No, Naismith is a done deal.

JamboAl
14 minutes ago, dougal said:

I've never said that there's been no progress on other matters but in terms of league position there hasn't been any progress made in the last 2 seasons. 

Whether people like or not, injuries to key players, often at the same time, played a major part in this.  We were top of the league before the injuries kicked in and disgraceful reffing decisons definitely cost points.  I think we've been over this same ground a hundred times at least.

Having some players in longer contracts while it protects the club as it will require a fee for them to move does not guarantee better performances/results.

Tell me the name of any club or manager who signs players that can GUARANTEE better performances or results?  Mourinho with Pogba and Sanchez?

Agree that central defence is stronger on paper but unsure as you have said how we accommodate three good centre backs, because we've looked pretty ropey when playing three at the back recently.

I'm sure we'll go with 3 at the back some games and 4 in other games  and, yes, CD idoes look stronger

Naismith is a big plus but that's only if he can stay fit. We saw what happened last season.

So where are we geting the money to get another Naismith to put in when he's injured?  We were lucky to have him.

It's all very good having academy players coming through but they've got to be the required standard. Now it does look like we may have 4 or 5 who have the standard required but they'll need time to bed in with the team and putting them all in at once isn't going to happen and trying to bring them into a team which is struggling isn't great either so we need to be performing well to allow the easiest transition for these guys but then if we're doing well do we want to upset the balance by dropping players. One of the things I've most disliked about Levein over the last couple of seasons is his inability to pick the same team. I know that they try to pick teams based on how certain players or teams play but it's no good. It must surely dent the confidence of players who have a good game or good run of games to be dropped because management think a player who's been on the bench for a month will do better in the next game. Get a settled team and if the players are playing well. Keep them in until they're not or they're injured. 

We might manage that if we don't have ANY injuries.  You can't play injured players for the sake of a settled team.  And how are we going to blood youth if we don't change the team from time to time?

While off loading players is progress financially it does nothing to improve the team's performances unless they use the money saved to get players in to improve the team and in the positions that need it most.

Just as an example.we have offloaded Martin, Sammon, Shaughnessy, Mitchell and Djoum and brought in Washington, Walker and Halkett.  Would you not think that should improve the team?

Jamie Walker may be a decent pick up but we'll have to see. Can he stay fit?? He did well for us a few years ago but I think we can all agree that Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs and Killie are all stronger than when he was last here so he may not be able to reproduce his previous form.

We'll have to see if all of our players stay fit not just those people with past history eg Berra had no real injury history but still spent three and a half months out.  Past history is not always a guide.  Are you saying Walker is a good or bad signing?

All in all if I'm honest I don't see progress of the playing staff in the areas we most need addressing. Yeah we've tied down some players and off loaded some but not addressed the weakest area of the team and are weaker currently than we were last year.

What is the weakest area of the team that we have not addressed and realistically who could we have signed to cure it?  IMO it was LB and we have signed White with Hickey as back-up, and Burns at a push.  Or we could go 3 at the back.

FarmerTweedy
On 10/07/2019 at 20:51, wavydavy said:

What would your idea of a satisfying performance be after 3.5 weeks of foreplay?

You'd certainly hope to score more than once!

wavydavy
6 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

You'd certainly hope to score more than once!

As long as it's not an OG. :lol:

Mikey1874
15 hours ago, innerjambo said:

A really strange approach to take by a so called supporter. 

Some of us, outwith the disappointment of some results are very enthusiastic and excited about Hearts. Might even help the players. As in support them. 

First game of season, prospect of an attacking formation with likes of Connor Smith getting a chance and new signings like Halkett and Washington. Would have been something to look forward to. 

But each to their own. 

Edited by Mikey1874

gorgieheart

Mulumbu inbound ? 

number-16
11 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Mulumbu inbound ? 

Has he signed for Dundee United?

gorgieheart
Just now, number-16 said:

Has he signed for Dundee United?

Not quite sure what that means, seeing as this thread is supposed to be about Hearts transfers !

Edited by gorgieheart
didnt finish before submitting

Natural Orders
2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

No, Naismith is a done deal.

do you think the other 2 will improve us?

Natural Orders

Wighton is out for 2-3 months so we could do with another striker imo