***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

5 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Wtf do we do in training? 

giphy (5).gif

Isn't it a result of the challenge early on in the game v ICT on Monday?

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Ribble said:

More plausible than a wrench chucked at his knapper. 👍

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Yep 👍🏻

6 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Depends on your definition of makeshift I suppose. Clare and Mulraney are available to start and will be first choice this season. Walker will be on the bench tonight and will also probably be first choice in midfield. The only thing missing is Haring and we’ll have Bozanic or Edwards deputising for him. Hardly makeshift in my eyes.

Mulraney isn’t a central midfielder. 

Clare still has it all to prove, so it’s not as if we’re going into competitive games knowing he’s a proven, trusted figure.  

Maybe these matches will be about that? Seeing how much he can influence and impose himself ahead with of tougher matches in the SPL. 

17 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Wtf do we do in training? 

giphy (5).gif

Was Monday night he clashed his knee

Alex Kintner
17 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Mulraney isn’t a central midfielder. 

He said ‘makeshift midfield’ not ‘makeshift centre midfield’ though

17 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Clare still has it all to prove, so it’s not as if we’re going into competitive games knowing he’s a proven, trusted figure.  

Maybe these matches will be about that? Seeing how much he can influence and impose himself ahead with of tougher matches in the SPL. 

Think they will be and hopefully he comes good and becomes the next Mickey Cameron like Levein believes he can be 👍🏻

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That was some time ago.  You've spouted much more about Levein since.

Anyhow, I'm not sure Bridcutt would add anything of real value .  What do you think?

Can’t say I know a hell of a lot about him, 30 yo so probably looking for a last big contract somewhere which will probably rule him out. If we’re looking down south they’re just back in training and the market hasn’t really heated up yet. A loan signing might be the best option, we have been able to pay for guys from big clubs before but it depends on how much is in the pot and when/if Lee goes.

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, bazman said:

Was Monday night he clashed his knee

More Likley than a wrench to his head. 

Xx disclaimer - I don't think Daly and Macphee throw wrenches at our players. 

rick witter
44 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Liam Bridcutt would be a reasonable signing. Midfield enforcer type we probably need. 

I think he would be a very good signing. Would still rather Mulumbu but either of them exactly what we require 

Have to admit - even though he's played for Scotland - I've never heard of Bridcutt!

Any good?

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, BRY said:

Have to admit - even though he's played for Scotland - I've never heard of Bridcutt!

Any good?

@rick witter Can you help BRY out? Sounds like you’ve seen a lot of him.

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

What is the weakest area of the team that we have not addressed and realistically who could we have signed to cure it?  IMO it was LB and we have signed White with Hickey as back-up, and Burns at a push.  Or we could go 3 at the back.

Midfield and in particular centre midfield is where I feel we are weakest. At the moment we have very little creativity, pace, guile or strength in the middle of the pitch. The current central midfielders don't fill me with much enthusiasm or hope at all.

Unless Irving and Cochrane have suddenly become Iniesta and Xavi over the summer, we 100% need another central midfielder.

When you see there’s a new page or two on the transfer thread, get all excited then find out it’s all just more bitching over the manager. :facepalm:

Raymond Reddington

Liam Bridcutt has been told he can leave notts forrest. Would be the type of midfielder we are looking for.

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Unless Irving and Cochrane have suddenly become Iniesta and Xavi over the summer, we 100% need another central midfielder.

Yep preferably before Aberdeen game but as long as we have them in by end of window 👍🏻

Saint Jambo
9 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Did bridcutt play for Scotland under Levein? 

No. Based on his SFA website page he played a qualifier against Serbia in 2013 and a friendly against Denmark in 2016. So both under Strachan. Can't claim to remember him from either game.

Looks like he might be a fan's favourite if he came to Tynecastle.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35933294

Edited by Saint Jambo

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Yep preferably before Aberdeen game but as long as we have them in by end of window 👍🏻

Yep.

Go for quality and don't be afraid to pay a little more for it.

Could even wait for the English window to close.

rick witter
24 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

@rick witter Can you help BRY out? Sounds like you’ve seen a lot of him.

Came through at Brighton I think it was and that’s when he got his Scotland call up. Good all round central midfield player I would say not just a holder. 

Played lots of games at championship level in England I would think he will have offers to stay there TBH. 

Auld Reekin'
51 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

More Likley than a wrench to his head. 

Xx disclaimer - I don't think Daly and Macphee throw wrenches at our players. 

Maybe they should start.

Brighton Jambo
21 minutes ago, Raymond Reddington said:

Liam Bridcutt has been told he can leave notts forrest. Would be the type of midfielder we are looking for.

Bridcutt was an absolutely quality player when at Brighton, won player of the season two years in a row when they were challenging at top end of the championship.  If he was anything like that form he would be a fantastic signing for us

Alex Kintner
Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

Bridcutt was an absolutely quality player when at Brighton, won player of the season two years in a row when they were challenging at top end of the championship.  If he was anything like that form he would be a fantastic signing for us

Sounds promising...

4 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Maybe they should start.

Maybe play chicken on the bypass? If you can't dodge a car........

18 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

When you see there’s a new page or two on the transfer thread, get all excited then find out it’s all just more bitching over the manager. :facepalm:

Every thread goes the same way.  Boring, repetitive and largely unnecessary.    

Auld Reekin'
1 minute ago, Gav M said:

Maybe play chicken on the bypass? If you can't dodge a car........

Whilst lobbing in the odd wrench or two.   

1 minute ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Whilst lobbing in the odd wrench or two.   

You are a hard task master, doubling up on the training sessions

Auld Reekin'
1 minute ago, Gav M said:

You are a hard task master, doubling up on the training sessions

It's the only language they understand.

6 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

It's the only language they understand.

Can you do all of that on the gullane sand dunes, then you'd be talking

Auld Reekin'
2 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Can you do all of that on the gullane sand dunes, then you'd be talking

Dodging beach-buggies then, perhaps?

When you think we have it bad with signings look at Bolton apparently only six professional players on their books at the moment.....so glass is more than half full for me....start of a new season stuff it domestic treble for us this year..  positivity and all that 🙋🙋🙋

1 hour ago, Raymond Reddington said:

If we got him and James Morrison that would be fantastic business and would give me a lot more optimism for the season! 

Edited by colinzeal

3 minutes ago, colinzeal said:

If we got him and James Morrison that would be fantastic business and would give me a lot more optimism for the season! 

Can't disagree , but is there any reason whatsoever that makes you think either or both will sign for us ?

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Im sure he did in the four months he managed him, more mentally if I remember the interview. He gave him a kick up the backside and he knuckled down, playing him on the left wing at ER did him no favours and moving centrally after that helped enormously.

Bit more than 4 months wasn't it? 

14 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Can't disagree , but is there any reason whatsoever that makes you think either or both will sign for us ?

Afraid not. Just that I have seen both names mentioned on here. 

3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Oh no it wasn't.  Although Levein did initially move Hartley back onto the wing after signing him.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12440659.how-hartley-came-on-leaps-and-bounds-midfielder-thanks-stark-for-finding-his-ideal-position/

Yes, you’re right. I remember now. I think most of us saw him as a mediocre ex-Hibs winger when he signed though! 😂

12 minutes ago, colinzeal said:

Afraid not. Just that I have seen both names mentioned on here. 

That's a shame . No disrespect to posters on here but , apart from 1 or 2 , this forum is possibly not the most informed 

1 hour ago, dougal said:

Midfield and in particular centre midfield is where I feel we are weakest. At the moment we have very little creativity, pace, guile or strength in the middle of the pitch. The current central midfielders don't fill me with much enthusiasm or hope at all.

But who did you think (realistically) might cure the problem?

BackOfTheNet

I’m hoping the Bridcutt chat isn’t just people seeing a headline he can leave Forest and thinking ‘could do a job’ because he would be a fantastic signing IMO. I always thought he should’ve played a lot more for Scotland too.

22 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m hoping the Bridcutt chat isn’t just people seeing a headline he can leave Forest and thinking ‘could do a job’ because he would be a fantastic signing IMO. I always thought he should’ve played a lot more for Scotland too.

It would seem to be a pretty good fit, though of course it would depend on his salary. At 30 he’ll be looking for a decent contract, so if he had offers from other Championship clubs we can probably forget it.

Naismith has proven that Hearts can be a route back into the national squad though, and with a new manager in place Bridcutt might fancy his chances.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

But who did you think (realistically) might cure the problem?

I don't know, but that's what scouts etc are for. We should have a list of available players and players we have scouted and be able to identify someone from there that can do the required job. There have been various names mentioned, a few of them would appear to fit the bill but whether wages will be the problem remains to be seen.

I think tonight showed that Sean Clare is not the answer in centre midfield.

In a game against some Championship plodders at home he should be grabbing it by the scruff of the neck and dominating that area.  He didn't even come close.

I hope CL goes for 2 CM's as I just don't see it working with Clare in there.

BackOfTheNet
2 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

It would seem to be a pretty good fit, though of course it would depend on his salary. At 30 he’ll be looking for a decent contract, so if he had offers from other Championship clubs we can probably forget it.

Naismith has proven that Hearts can be a route back into the national squad though, and with a new manager in place Bridcutt might fancy his chances.

I personally can’t see it happening for the salary as you mentioned - would love it to though.

6 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

In a game against some Championship plodders at home he should be grabbing it by the scruff of the neck and dominating that area.  He didn't even come close.

Thought Clare played well there tonight.  He was invoked a lot and made some telling tackles.  His corners and free kicks on the other hand...

gorgie al 1960
14 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

gorgie al 1960

Agree - biggest issue  would be with physical top 6 opponents where he will come off second best - still think he is a floating player in a 3- 5 - 2

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
4 hours ago, mscjambo said:

When you think we have it bad with signings look at Bolton apparently only six professional players on their books at the moment.....so glass is more than half full for me....start of a new season stuff it domestic treble for us this year..  positivity and all that 🙋🙋🙋

When gauging where we are you dont look at a badly run club and think: "Aw well it could be worse." 😂

For me we need movement and creativity in midfield or we'll find ourselves in the same position we did last season when Naismith got injured.

Alex Kintner

Levein confirmed in post-match interview that we’ll be bringing in at least one midfielder, a “strong player to protect the ball players.”

Also said he wants to take his time and find the right player 👍🏻