***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

16 minutes ago, Markymark said:

That’s because he’s an arrogant prick that has complete disregard for the fans paying their hard earned cash to watch the crap he serves up. 

Thought Djoum was going to resign and it’s bit him on the arse. If he thinks losing Djoum, Haring (injured for how long is anyone’s guess) and possibly olly lee and bringing in Cochrane, Zanatta and Irving makes us stronger he really is losing his fecking marbles - clearly mid table mediocrity is acceptable now to our board and why shouldn’t it be when over 12000 fans have renewed 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Markymark said:

I stopped getting angry a long time ago with Craig Levein. Apathy is all I felt last season. I’ve better things to do with my time. Unlike some on here who follow blindly as spending time with their family seems to be a bit of chore.

tenor.gif?itemid=3565334

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Markymark said:

I stopped getting angry a long time ago with Craig Levein. Apathy is all I felt last season. I’ve better things to do with my time. Unlike some on here who follow blindly as spending time with their family seems to be a bit of chore.

mrw-the-teacher-is-telling-me-off-but-th

GorgieRules22
33 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Tell you what if we out the cup we really have got problems ! In a group of Dundee utd , cowdenbeath , east fife and stenhousemuir that would be the pits if we fail to come out that group 

If we lose tonight then there’s every possibility that we could find qualifying quite difficult. It’s only so many best runners up that go through, your not guaranteed to be that. It’s all hypothetical but what isn’t is the fact our midfield isn’t up to scratch.

BobbyJenkins
8 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Not giving him shit for that?

Have to beat what’s it front of you. All I’m saying is that it is ridiculous that he kept his job which the Scottish Cup run helped. Bigger picture should have been looked at, not that we can beat a few Sunday league sides.

Bigger picture is we had horrendous luck with injuries of key players. Im not going over this again with folk on here.  As I said earlier, its a transfer thread. Any news?

Alex Kintner
Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

If we lose tonight then there’s every possibility that we could find qualifying quite difficult. It’s only so many best runners up that go through, your not guaranteed to be that. It’s all hypothetical but what isn’t is the fact our midfield isn’t up to scratch.

9 points qualifies

So Levein should've sounded panicked in his press conference. Said the midfield is weak, he has no confidence in any of the midfield players, he's worried we wont get out the group stage of the Betfred Cup and he's quite happy to finish mid table again.

Is that really what people wanted him to say? Of course he's got to sound relaxed and confident and hope that spreads to the players and fans 

Just now, To Be Frank said:

For the avoidance of doubt I was suggesting the guy posting on a Hearts messageboard to slag Hearts fans off for renewing their STs might actually be a bit of a prick. 👍🏻

Not once did I slag any fan off? Everyone is entitled to renew or not renew. I’ve merely pointed out that club has been well backed again after yet another dismal season.

I don’t like Levein, never have since he came back to the club and made it a personal project and himself untouchable at the same time. I don’t like given to much power to any one individual. It becomes a dictatorship. Would any other manager have lasted this long when we we set our stall out last 2 years to finish 4th, yet we’ve digressed and finished 6th?!? 

Alex Kintner
Just now, jambo_No5 said:

So Levein should've sounded panicked in his press conference. Said the midfield is weak, he has no confidence in any of the midfield players, he's worried we wont get out the group stage of the Betfred Cup and he's quite happy to finish mid table again.

Is that really what people wanted him to say? Of course he's got to sound relaxed and confident and hope that spreads to the players and fans 

Nah mate, his failure to do all that just makes him an arrogant prick apparently 🤷🏻‍♂️

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Markymark said:

Not once did I slag any fan off? Everyone is entitled to renew or not renew. I’ve merely pointed out that club has been well backed again after yet another dismal season.

I don’t like Levein, never have since he came back to the club and made it a personal project and himself untouchable at the same time. I don’t like given to much power to any one individual. It becomes a dictatorship. Would any other manager have lasted this long when we we set our stall out last 2 years to finish 4th, yet we’ve digressed and finished 6th?!? 

Try re-reading your post 👍🏻

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

We won't lose tonight 

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The way that you manage to negatively spin and downplay any positive impact that our manager has achieved is utterly risible tbh. A totally shan way to carry on.

No I think your constant negativity towards anyone who criticise anything about the manager on every single thread is clouding your judgement. Levein did eventually play Hartley in the centre of midfield, he then progressed under Robbo and Burley. That’s the facts, up to you how you interpret them. I was merely pointing out, as others have that Stark played him centrally, it was probably why we signed him.

Try re-reading your post 👍🏻

The board is settling for mid table mediocrity and why shouldn’t it when over 12000 have renewed? Where is the dig? You are a proper sensitive little soul who has clearly taken on the unofficial mouth piece of the Hearts fans? 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

No I think your constant negativity towards anyone who criticise anything about the manager on every single thread is clouding your judgement. Levein did eventually play Hartley in the centre of midfield, he then progressed under Robbo and Burley. That’s the facts, up to you how you interpret them. I was merely pointing out, as others have that Stark played him centrally, it was probably why we signed him.

Yes but who is he going to sign?

It's about Summer transfers not your tired old weary, regurgitated, monotonous drivel on every thread.

Give it a break FFS.

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Did he not progress significantly under Levein or do you suspect Hartley was lying when he himself said this?

Im sure he did in the four months he managed him, more mentally if I remember the interview. He gave him a kick up the backside and he knuckled down, playing him on the left wing at ER did him no favours and moving centrally after that helped enormously.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Im sure he did in the four months he managed him, more mentally if I remember the interview. He gave him a kick up the backside and he knuckled down, playing him on the left wing at ER did him no favours and moving centrally after that helped enormously.

On and on and on and on.

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Naismith and 2 more

Is one of the 2 more Liam Bridcutt on loan from Forest?

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

But most probably won’t be seeded.

Probably not but at least if we have a tough draw in the next round it takes away the opportunity for folk to moan about how we only progressed in the tournament due to an easy draw :whistling:

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Yes but who is he going to sign?

It's about Summer transfers not your tired old weary, regurgitated, monotonous drivel on every thread.

Give it a break FFS.

I was merely responding to others taking the thread down another route. Who are we going to sign? You said the other day you had no idea and no clue as to the cost “how would I know, I don’t get paid to make these decisions”.

As for weariness you and a few others are on every thread criticising anyone who dares to question anything, even complaining about moaners when nobody has said anything. Then complain about the threads 🙈🤷🏾‍♂️🤔.

My hope would be Mulumbu as he can play anywhere in midfield and knows the league, he might have better options though. 

Alex Kintner
8 minutes ago, Markymark said:

The board is settling for mid table mediocrity and why shouldn’t it when over 12000 have renewed? Where is the dig? You are a proper sensitive little soul who has clearly taken on the unofficial mouth piece of the Hearts fans? 

And you don’t see how that is a dig? :facepalm:

David McCaig
1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

These players are really hard to find though. Think about the best attacking midfielders we have had in the last 20 years:

Cameron was signed from a lower league team - he was a bit of a gamble which paid off on this occasion

Hartley arrived as a rather underwhelming winger - it was Hearts that changed him into an all-action CM

Skacel was nobody’s idea of box-to-box. For a player who spent most of his career at LB, he never had much interest in tracking back or defending.

Oh no it wasn't.  Although Levein did initially move Hartley back onto the wing after signing him.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12440659.how-hartley-came-on-leaps-and-bounds-midfielder-thanks-stark-for-finding-his-ideal-position/

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Is one of the 2 more Liam Bridcutt on loan from Forest?

Interesting. Where did that name come from, Ribble?

Leveins Battalion

Hes been released.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bridcutt is a decent enough midfield player but absolutely nothing in the creative side of things 

Alex Kintner

Liam Bridcutt, defensive midfielder, 30yo, capped by Scotland, 24 appearances in the Championship for Forrest last season

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Friend of a friend but looks like Bridcutt is well out of the picture at Forest, note that Peterborough are seemingly interested in getting him on loan

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was merely responding to others taking the thread down another route. Who are we going to sign? You said the other day you had no idea and no clue as to the cost “how would I know, I don’t get paid to make these decisions”.

As for weariness you and a few others are on every thread criticising anyone who dares to question anything, even complaining about moaners when nobody has said anything. Then complain about the threads 🙈🤷🏾‍♂️🤔.

My hope would be Mulumbu as he can play anywhere in midfield and knows the league, he might have better options though. 

I think Mulmbu will have better options unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What information/ideas have you re transfers?

There's plenty of other threads you can pollute with the same repetitive p*sh.

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Friend of a friend but looks like Bridcutt is well out of the picture at Forest, note that Peterborough are seemingly interested in getting him on loan

Cheers. Might do as cover for Haring.

New Forrest manager may want to take a look at him though

Edited by To Be Frank

7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Probably not but at least if we have a tough draw in the next round it takes away the opportunity for folk to moan about how we only progressed in the tournament due to an easy draw :whistling:

Not it we go out in the next round 

Not according to Forrest website 

Yeah, I don't think he has unless it's just happened, he has a year left and was on Forest's retained list for this season but that would have been decided by MON so maybe new gaffer has cut him loose or at least given him the Olly Lee chat.

5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

And you don’t see how that is a dig? :facepalm:

I’m bored of you now. Get a life and stop being a Levein apologist. At least be balanced in your posts , and maybe actually get a job that involves not spending the entire day on a football fans forum.

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

A really strange approach to take by a so called supporter. 

Some of us, outwith the disappointment of some results are very enthusiastic and excited about Hearts. Might even help the players. As in support them. 

First game of season, prospect of an attacking formation with likes of Connor Smith getting a chance and new signings like Halkett and Washington. Would have been something to look forward to. 

But each to their own. 

Agreed. Very strange mindset for even a ‘Hearts’ supporter 

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Yeah, I don't think he has unless it's just happened, he has a year left and was on Forest's retained list for this season but that would have been decided by MON so maybe new gaffer has cut him loose or at least given him the Olly Lee chat.

Think he was released today with 3 others including that boy that used to play up top for Celtic and Luke Steele.

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Markymark said:

I’m bored of you now. Get a life and stop being a Levein apologist. At least be balanced in your posts , and maybe actually get a job that involves not spending the entire day on a football fans forum.

Unfortunately my job requires a lot of waiting about between scenes as they need to allow time for the actresses to re-hydrate and fully recover from working with me before cameras roll again. I tend to fill this time on JKB.

👍🏻

Edited by To Be Frank

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think Mulmbu will have better options unfortunately. 

Probably. Must be some guys available on loan but might be near the end of the window unfortunately.

Saint Jambo
2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Story yesterday that he has been told he can leave rather than being released. Similar situation to Olly Lee.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-boss-sabri-lamouchi-3079995

8 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Story from last month that Peterborough can't afford his wages. Which might sugges a potential stumbling block for us too unless Forest are willing to pay him off.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forests-liam-bridcutt-wouldnt-2986749

8 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Liam Bridcutt, defensive midfielder, 30yo, capped by Scotland, 24 appearances in the Championship for Forrest last season

Did he? Transfer Market seems to suggest he played that kind of number season before last but barely played last season. But maybe not up to date?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liam-bridcutt/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/40612

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Unfortunately my job requires a lot of waiting about between scenes as they need to allow time for the actresses to fully recover and re-hydrate before cameras roll again. I tend to fill this time on JKB 👍🏻

Sounds interesting. Plenty experience of drama queens 😜

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Think he was released today with 3 others including that boy that used to play up top for Celtic and Luke Steele.

1C6FE532-8A04-4FE9-9EAE-0788311B5780.jpeg.3222957478ab717cca3361498d41791f.jpeg

You’re right 👍🏻

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What information/ideas have you re transfers?

There's plenty of other threads you can pollute with the same repetitive p*sh.

About the same as you, I posted earlier on about Cadden moving to the MLS. Have you contributed anything of note?

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably. Must be some guys available on loan but might be near the end of the window unfortunately.

I think that's the issue. Players ambition and demands fall as we get closer to the end of the window. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, davemclaren said:

I think that's the issue. Players ambition and demands fall as we get closer to the end of the window. 

We have a tough start to negotiate with a makeshift midfield.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

About the same as you, I posted earlier on about Cadden moving to the MLS. Have you contributed anything of note?

That was some time ago.  You've spouted much more about Levein since.

Anyhow, I'm not sure Bridcutt would add anything of real value .  What do you think?

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Wighton is out for 2-3 months so we could do with another striker imo

Wtf do we do in training? 

giphy (5).gif

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That was some time ago.  You've spouted much more about Levein since.

Anyhow, I'm not sure Bridcutt would add anything of real value .  What do you think?

He'd be a very, very solid DM in the SPL

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We have a tough start to negotiate with a makeshift midfield.

Depends on your definition of makeshift I suppose. Clare and Mulraney are available to start and will be first choice this season. Walker will be on the bench tonight and will also probably be first choice in midfield. The only thing missing is Haring and we’ll have Bozanic or Edwards deputising for him. Hardly makeshift in my eyes.