***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

12 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Who cares who hibs sign 

Nobody cares 

We're having a laugh at them again for spunking 350k on a 16th tier lower league huddy 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Nobody cares 

We're having a laugh at them again for spunking 350k on a 16th tier lower league huddy 

This

those with shaking briefs, doeth one

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

It might even be something as simple as a loyalty bonus. 

Possibly signing a pre contract could nullify this. 

Come the first week in July if he's not confirmed I'll be concerned. 

I think it would nullify the payment.

Guest ToqueJambo
20 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Imagine the seethe on here if we paid £350k for a league two striker

Hey James Collins and Eoin Doyle worked out for them. Oh...

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think it would nullify the payment.

I suspect we’re all being taken in by this payment thing, being led a merry dance. For what reason I don’t know, but I’m not buying we can’t announce or sign him now, something smells ? I hope I’m wrong 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Our lack of transfer activity is fairly alarming though if we’re being honest, we need two strikers and a couple of midfielders and there’s nothing much happening.

How do you know nothing much is happening? 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, ericb said:

I suspect we’re all being taken in by this payment thing, being led a merry dance. For what reason I don’t know, but I’m not buying we can’t announce or sign him now, something smells ? I hope I’m wrong 

Maybe. 

But a loyalty bonus is a pretty simple thing. 

Signing a pre contract is something that could nullify it from a legal point of view. 

Hopefully just Naismith making sure legally he's not at risk of  short changing himself. 

GorgieRules22
4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

How do you know nothing much is happening? 

Because there’s no players signed ?

1 hour ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

I actually think that’s a decent signing for Hibs.

Hibs could sign Luis Suarez and folk on here would say he's past it. Football rivalry I guess but you have to be realistic. That McNulty boy done a job for them, Uche does a job for us.

There is some decent players in the English leagues.

gorgieheart
1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Our lack of transfer activity is fairly alarming though if we’re being honest, we need two strikers and a couple of midfielders and there’s nothing much happening.

Its June....June.. not August... chill 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Their recruitment so far is very reminiscent of Calderwood's and Fenlon's. Lots of players from lower English leagues. Hopefully the same hilarity will ensue for us.

What I was thinking/hoping. Come up here thinking they can just swan about.

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

From last season's team we have signed White and Halkett and it seems fairly certain Naismith will become our player.  Walker looks a done deal as well.

Mr Elwood P
39 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Aberdeen sign another part of their upcoming squad.  A left back none the less. 

Aberdeen left back leaves, Aberdeen sign a left back. Hearts striker leaves, Hearts are signing a striker. Pretty simple Really. We've signed White and promoted Hickey. All coming together quite nicely.

Mr Elwood P
15 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

We've signed two players, we're on the cusp of signing another two. We will add one or two more. That's all the business that is required.

Inch Hearts
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aberdeen left back leaves, Aberdeen sign a left back. Hearts striker leaves, Hearts are signing a striker. Pretty simple Really. We've signed White and promoted Hickey. All coming together quite nicely.

Whos the striker? 

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We've signed two players, we're on the cusp of signing another two. We will add one or two more. That's all the business that is required.

From a side that finished sixth?  Risky business putting fair in the same squad almost as a whole. 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Whos the striker? 

That's the question. We just know that Levein wanted three forward players. We're hopefully going to get Walker and Naismith signed. We then have to replace Vanacek. Loads of names have cropped up so far, personally I hope it's Lafferty or the lad Aneke. 

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

No its not???? 

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

From a side that finished sixth?  Risky business putting fair in the same squad almost as a whole. 

White 

Hickey

Halkett

Walker

Striker

Perhaps another striker or a replacement for Djoum

That's a massive difference in both the starting line up and the squad as a whole.

Ibrahim Tall
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Not really tbh, last season could easily have been significantly better. We led the table for a decent portion of the season and we’re only 6 points off top at New Year. We also made the semi final in one cup and narrowly lost the final of the other.

“6th” overall is shit but if even a couple more games went in our favour it could have been our most successful season in decades.

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

White 

Hickey

Halkett

Walker

Striker

Perhaps another striker or a replacement for Djoum

That's a massive difference in both the starting line up and the squad as a whole.

White's not played since 2017,Hickey has played 180 minutes on his career and Walker hasn't played at a decent level for a long time,just a tad optimistic here,we need much much better quality or we will fall even further behind Aberdeen and Hibs  who have both strenghtened,that'the facts.

Edited by Leveins Battalion

That’ll be all the HSL money spunked away by the vermin. 

Time for Kane and blowfish to get back on the lorry again for a whip round at the back of the main stand. 

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

No its not???? 

Emoji's, the sure sign that someone has nothing to support their point of view ...

Adding 3 or 4 players can and will make a massive difference to the squad and subsequently to results.

GorgieRules22
13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

And you think that’s all we require ? The mind boggles.

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

White's not played since 2017,Hickey has played 180 minutes on his career and Walker hasn't played at a decent level for a long time,just a tad optimistic here,we need much much better quality or we will fall even further behind Aberdeen Gandhi's who have both strenghtened,that'the facts.

What's he got to do with anything?

merseyjambo

Oof. Surely not. They've lost their minds. A 27 year old who got one goal last season, spent his whole career in non league English or Welsh leagues and has never been involved an international teams at any age group. What could possibly go wrong?

Makes our possible recruitment of Walker look an absolute bargain! Hopefully Clayton Donaldson II

Their recruitment so far is very reminiscent of Calderwood's and Fenlon's. Lots of players from lower English leagues. Hopefully the same hilarity will ensue for us.

Unless you've watched lower league football down here you don’t know what you’re talking about.

I’ve seen him a couple of times while I’ve been working at games and he’s a decent player. Suspect he will do well in SPL. 

Difference between Fenlon, Calderwood and Heckinbottom is that he’s actually a reasonable manager. 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What's he got to do with anything?

You not heard of gandhi being a Rangers fan?

There’s a supporters club in India. 

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Doesn't mean nothing is happening, tho. 

Be cool. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Barack said:

The Bombay Bears?

11 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

No, The Guard Old Delhi’s Walls RSC...

Not a patch on the Celtic crowd. 

The Turban Tarriers ?

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Mr Elwood P
23 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

And you think that’s all we require ? The mind boggles.

Yes. We have to start promoting the academy players and signing 10 players would block off these opportunities. Sign 3 or 4 quality players and bring in the likes of Hickey, Cochrane and Irving. Our squad last season when fully fit was a match for anyone in the league.

Let's all be honest. We are all desperate to see some new faces but nobody has any real idea what work is going on behind the scenes. If it takes us a little longer to get some decent quality in, then our patience will have been rewarded. The transfer window is a marathon not a 100m sprint. That said, it is clearly preferable to get players in earlier to help them gel with their new teammates.

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Let's all be honest. We are all desperate to see some new faces but nobody has any real idea what work is going on behind the scenes. If it takes us a little longer to get some decent quality in, then our patience will have been rewarded. The transfer window is a marathon not a 100m sprint. That said, it is clearly preferable to get players in earlier to help them gel with their new teammates.

Levein said three forwards. Naismith & Walker are all but confirmed. The defence is sorted. The only real questions are who the striker will be and if Djoum is being replaced. Djoum might stay or if he goes Levein might decide to let Cochrane, Smith and Irving battle it out for game time in the midfield. 

We may be in a position where we need to move people on before we act on some of this.  In terms of forwards hopefully we can move on the wide players but strikers we still have a few. Possibly trying to find a taker for MacLean and Wighton for example. 

In midfield we could be looking at moving on Lee, Edwards and Bozanic before we bring someone. At least I hope we are looking at this area - plenty of bodies but little quality.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

Unless you've watched lower league football down here you don’t know what you’re talking about.

I’ve seen him a couple of times while I’ve been working at games and he’s a decent player. Suspect he will do well in SPL. 

Difference between Fenlon, Calderwood and Heckinbottom is that he’s actually a reasonable manager. 

We'll see. Fenlon and co all arrived at Hibs with big reputations. And Hibs have previous when signing players from down south for big money. James Collins is the obvious comparison.

Anyhow, excuse me for not talking up Hibs players. £350k is crazy money for this league and would raise eyebrows for Hibs signing a proven SPFL player, never mind a 27 year old from League Two. This forum would go into spasms if we did that!

Edited by ToqueJambo

Agree on the thoughts expressed regarding Lee, Bozanic and Edwards. Plenty effort but lacking in real quality. 

Mr Elwood P
21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We'll see. Fenlon and co all arrived at Hibs with big reputations. And Hibs have previous when signing players from down south for big money. James Collins is the obvious comparison.

Anyhow, excuse me for not talking up Hibs players. £350k is crazy money for this league and would raise eyebrows for Hibs signing a proven SPFL player, never mind a 27 year old from League Two. This forum would go into spasms if we did that!

He was a really good signing, just not for Hibs! Banged in goals at a ferocious rate since leaving the HMS Skidmark

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Mr Elwood P
11 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Agree on the thoughts expressed regarding Lee, Bozanic and Edwards. Plenty effort but lacking in real quality. 

Agree with Bozanic and Edwards, believe the opposite is true of Lee. Clearly has a lot of ability, scored some incredible goals in his career, but seems to go missing for large chunks of a match. Lee's ability aligned to the graft of Edwards would be some player.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Barack said:

"The recruitment staff here have been looking at Christian for a while now and he’s also someone who was on my radar."

Of course he was, Paul. I believe you.??

Is it not George Craig that signs their players?Part of the reason Lennon told them to gtf.

This place would be going tonto - full snotters, pitchforks, season cards in the bin and scarves on the porch if we signed somebody for £350k that wasn’t a proven player at a decent level and was signed from Forest Green....

Edited by Jammy T

22 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

This place would be going tonto - full snotters, pitchforks, season cards in the bin and scarves on the porch if we signed somebody for £350k that wasn’t a proven player at a decent level and was signed from Forest Green....

Sounds like a normal occurrence when any player is linked with us :)

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

They must think this boy has something to shell out 350k. 

35 inslalments of £10k. ?

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Very good summary.

And there's no hurry.  Not critical if a new signing misses a couple of early season games.  CL got so badly burned with the Vanacek fiasco that he will be ultra careful.  So he should.

merseyjambo

Collins and Doyle had decent careers in England after they left Hibs. Possibly their failure at Hibs is more to do with the manager.

350k is a lot of money, however we paid 250k for Wighton. Personally I know where I’d have spent the money.

However if you believe that he’s pony, come back and speak to me on the eve of the season and we can look at a half century charity wager.

You know what really is annoying...

Every thread is hijacked with the same posters again and again. 

If these posters are actually supporters (which for the majority, I doubt), do they remember where our club was, almost extinct, and consider where we are now?

They constantly ruin threads by going on and on about Levien and Mrs Budge. 

We, even in recent memory, have struggled both on and off the field massively in comparison we are now. We have been a much, much poorer side than we are currently. Granted, last season was average but that's what following the club is about. We're still rebuilding. We are actually in the best position as a club than we have been in my lifetime. 

Those idiots who scream for Budge to leave are either thick or in my opinion, unhappy she's trying to stop the bigotry nonense which in my experience, affects them most.

Can I ask those posters, do they realise Budge saved the club, literally? Also, how long have they supported Hearts? It can't be that long if you think we're poor now. Either that or they have short memories...or just trolls.

A semi final and a SC final, albeit whilst finishing 6th in the league, is not a diaster.

People should realise how much we have come on as a club, and actually start backing it.

Can the admin not start banning people if they don't adhere to this?

Edited by Tynieman