***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Absolute Scenes

Need something to get through the summer

According to Craig, looking at 3,4 or 5 quality players - wonder if Halkett and Naismith are included in that so effectively now only looking at 2 or 3?

Few decent free agents: Stephen Ireland, still only 32, attacking midfielder and central midfielder (not ITK, just dropping names from who I have seen on Transfermrket)

Anyone got any leads?

Let the rumours begin

Edited by Absolute Scenes

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Wants Craig Bryson in I believe but will only happen if Djoum goes. Had Djoum said he was leaving after the Cup Final there might've been a chance that Bryson would've been tied up or at least be in the process of doing so by now. Didn't feature in Derby's play-off game against Aston Villa the other day. Heard that Djoum wanted £9k a week to stay so if it is the case then he's "oot the door"

1 minute ago, jambonian said:

Didn't feature in Derby's play-off game against Aston Villa the other day.

Was out injured. Ankle knock.

Probably setting himself up for life with us.

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Wants Craig Bryson in I believe but will only happen if Djoum goes. Had Djoum said he was leaving after the Cup Final there might've been a chance that Bryson would've been tied up or at least be in the process of doing so by now. Didn't feature in Derby's play-off game against Aston Villa the other day. Heard that Djoum wanted £9k a week to stay so if it is the case then he's "oot the door"

Looks like Djoum may well be off then, that's ridiculous amount to ask from us - any idea what Bryson was on at Derby? I'd imagine he'll need to take a wage cut

August Landmesser

Is Craig Bryson still a possibility? 

Yes, I see that he is!

Edited by August Landmesser
I read the thread

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Looks like Djoum may well be off then, that's ridiculous amount to ask from us - any idea what Bryson was on at Derby? I'd imagine he'll need to take a wage cut

No idea what he was on but the Championship is apparently the 6th richest league in Europe so a definite wage decrease if he was to come to us. That said, he might be thinking along the same lines as Naismith...getting into coaching in a couple of years time. Maybe Naismith is/was the one throwing his name about at the management, ex-Killie team-mate etc.

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Stephen Ireland :rofl:

What's wrong with that :laugh:

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

No idea what he was on but the Championship is apparently the 6th richest league in Europe so a definite wage decrease if he was to come to us. That said, he might be thinking along the same lines as Naismith...getting into coaching in a couple of years time. Maybe Naismith is/was the one throwing his name about at the management, ex-Killie team-mate etc.

Yeah that could be a good way of hooking him in

8 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

What's wrong with that :laugh:

Hes played about 40 games in 4 years. That’s the last thing we need, another crock. :lol: 

Absolute Scenes
9 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Hes played about 40 games in 4 years. That’s the last thing we need, another crock. :lol: 

Ah I didn't realise he was injured!

Leveins Battalion

Hopefully we are looking at Liam Kelly or Craig Gordon.Chris Cadden has been linked for a while now.Bryson would be decent but imo

we need hungry midfieders in their prime,we all know that we need strikers but it has been easier said then done with our recent recruits

Wighton and Vanecek.Another pacey right winger in also a must.

Hopefully a upgrade in quality this year.

I'd take Greg Taylor at left-back for Killie in a heartbeat. Best left-back I've seen in Scotland in 18 months. Unfortunately he's on a long contract at Killie so no chance of signing him.

Something else mentioned to me a couple of weeks back...Rangers 2012 are wanting John Souttar, and part of the deal is Wallace returning. Rangers 2012 also want shot of Lafferty so may be part of a deal also, one or the other if not both. Don't know for sure but source is usually fairly reliable.

8 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I'd take Greg Taylor at left-back for Killie in a heartbeat. Best left-back I've seen in Scotland in 18 months. Unfortunately he's on a long contract at Killie so no chance of signing him.

Something else mentioned to me a couple of weeks back...Rangers 2012 are wanting John Souttar, and part of the deal is Wallace returning. Rangers 2012 also want shot of Lafferty so may be part of a deal also, one or the other if not both. Don't know for sure but source is usually fairly reliable.

I’m sure Lee Wallace is a free agent at the end of the month.

Just now, MTS1874 said:

I’m sure Lee Wallace is a free agent at the end of the month.

You may well be right, not sure of his contract but that's what was said. Maybe the deal would be Souttar for cash plus Lafferty. I can't see Wallace coming back, he's been out for a while so maybe a club in the bottom half of the league or championship might take a chance on him. Doubt wages would be an issue.

Heartsofgold
20 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Lee Wallace is now a free agent and can sign for whoever he wants.

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

You may well be right, not sure of his contract but that's what was said. Maybe the deal would be Souttar for cash plus Lafferty. I can't see Wallace coming back, he's been out for a while so maybe a club in the bottom half of the league or championship might take a chance on him. Doubt wages would be an issue.

If Wallace is fit it’s a no brainer for me and although Lafferty carries a massive amount of baggage I would have him back as he scores goals.

A_A wehatethehibs
12 minutes ago, jambonian said:

The source for the Souttar to Rangers “rumour” is a pish fan blogger who thinks “ranjurs shood be in for the boy Souttar maybe Hearts will sell him cheap if we punt them Wallace and Lafferty” - it’s absolute shite but I fully expect that the Daily Rangers will be planning to manufacture it into a “transfer saga” at some stage this summer probably when the season starts in August. 

Rangers or Celtic can have John Souttar - for £5m 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, MTS1874 said:

If Wallace is fit it’s a no brainer for me and although Lafferty carries a massive amount of baggage I would have him back as he scores goals.

We already have Garuccio, White and Hickey (and Burns) who can play left back.

Wallace if fit and on reasonable wages would be a decent signing.

Bryson and Cadden would be good signings.

We need a poacher up top of good quality. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

We already have Garuccio, White and Hickey (and Burns) who can play left back.

I agree although Garuccio has a serious injury, White has to prove his fitness, Burns doesn’t seem to be in Levein’s plans and Hickey won’t play every week.

3 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Wallace if fit and on reasonable wages would be a decent signing.

Bryson and Cadden would be good signings.

We need a poacher up top of good quality. 

Exactly this!! Could do without Wallace but Cadden and Bryson would be great and a decent striker. Need to get rid of a lot of players though. 

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Would take Bryson in a heartbeat even if it meant Djoum going.

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

I agree although Garuccio has a serious injury, White has to prove his fitness, Burns doesn’t seem to be in Levein’s plans and Hickey won’t play every week.

Yeah i know but we will just have to get through it because we can't have 5 left backs on our books.

Nookie Bear

Based on watching a few games on the box, my armchair football opinion is that the Dundee Utd keeper (Ben Seagrist) looks decent.

Thought Police
7 minutes ago, Herbert said:

That young guy at st johnstone keeps getting a mention. Cannie mind his name though.

Jason Kerr? Not sure we need another centre back

Gigolo-Aunt

Suspect if White can get up to speed he will be first choice left back next season with young Hickey/Burns as back up.

The club have high hopes for White.  

Just now, Thought Police said:

Jason Kerr? Not sure we need another centre back

Also he recently signed a new contract.

14 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Burns is in his first full season as a pro , he wasn’t brought in to start every week , nothing to do with not being in Leveins plans. 

GorgieFifeLife
Just now, sadj said:

Burns is in his first full season as a pro , he wasn’t brought in to start every week , nothing to do with not being in Leveins plans. 

He also is not a left back.

3 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

He also is not a left back.

I was letting that slide as he can play there though its not his position ??

No need for Wallace at all with Hickey, Garrucio, Burns and White.

Need a new GK. Craig Gordon would be up there for me. Liam Kelly is available for buttons from Livi due to a contract clause though talk of him going to Celtic which could in turn lead to Gordon coming here

34 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The source for the Souttar to Rangers “rumour” is a pish fan blogger who thinks “ranjurs shood be in for the boy Souttar maybe Hearts will sell him cheap if we punt them Wallace and Lafferty” - it’s absolute shite but I fully expect that the Daily Rangers will be planning to manufacture it into a “transfer saga” at some stage this summer probably when the season starts in August. 

Rangers or Celtic can have John Souttar - for £5m 

You may be right but the source i heard it from is from someone connected to Tynecastle (Souttar leaving either way, cash or player plus cash deal that is) and I agree with you, if they really want him then they better go to the bank for a rather BIG loan! :profit:

stevie1874

Loads of shouts for Cadden on here but never been overly impressed and is he even getting a game for Motherwell this season? 

32 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Based on watching a few games on the box, my armchair football opinion is that the Dundee Utd keeper (Ben Seagrist) looks decent.

Was thinking the same ?

4 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Loads of shouts for Cadden on here but never been overly impressed and is he even getting a game for Motherwell this season? 

Top player who would imporve us immensly with huge sell on potential. 

5 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Been in and out their team, injuries I believe. I've been more impressed by Ryan Hastie and David Turnbull to be honest. Hastie's on his way to Rangers 2012 and I think Turnbull has quite a bit left on his contract so not much chance of signing him. Always been a bit "meh" about Cadden so that'll be the one more likely to sign for us out of the three!

stevie1874

Never been overly impressed and think he’s had a long term injury. Reminds me of Wightons situation before we signed him  ie Highly rated youngster but injury prone. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

So contrary to popular opinion Djoum is shite and has no offers he has several. 

Well I never. 

Bryson would be a great replacement. Naismith pal?

Craig Gordon please,  other than Craig all attack minded players required.

Perhaps we could move on Wighton and Vanecek if Maclean is staying. 

33 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

My view as well.

Thought he had promise when younger but doesn't seem to have kicked on.

36 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

So contrary to popular opinion Djoum is shite and has no offers he has several. 

Well I never. 

Bryson would be a great replacement. Naismith pal?

Craig Gordon please,  other than Craig all attack minded players required.

Perhaps we could move on Wighton and Vanecek if Maclean is staying. 

Agree with targeting attacking players.

I know the strategy could tweak a little if we lose players but looking at Halkett and White already in, Garrucio to come back, we should be looking at the last third as priority. It’s very early days but Hickey could become a feature too. The only thing defensively is a RB imo.  Still think we need more from that area going forward when attacking. 

Cover other areas as appropriate if players are acquired from ourselves. 

2 hours ago, jambonian said:

Derby only have something like 13 players signed up for next season so could work either way! We’ll either be guzumped by Lampard signing up a player he already knows or Lampard wants to free up a wage to bring in his own players, hopefully it’s the latter!