***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

GorgieRules22
20 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Doesn’t want to be here and was refused the opportunity to move in the window there because we don’t have any cover for Smith. Smith gets injured and the first game since the smith injury, Hickey plays out of position instead of him. Levein has treated Brandon appallingly.  

Brandon is fairly hopeless.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You think Brandon is better than Hickey?

Of course I don’t. My point was Brandon asked to leave in the window and was told no as he was back up to Smith. Smith gets injured and the first game we play we play two left backs and leave him on the bench. 

Captain Canada

Smith and Hickey can play right back. We also have Logan in the reserves.

White, Hickey, Burns and Garuccio can play left back. 

I don't think we need to keep Brandon. Unfortunately, the injury he had seems to have had a big impact. 

28 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Doesn’t want to be here and was refused the opportunity to move in the window there because we don’t have any cover for Smith. Smith gets injured and the first game since the smith injury, Hickey plays out of position instead of him. Levein has treated Brandon appallingly.  

I was going to bring that up v Hamilton but Hickeys better. I don’t know why we haven’t moved him on and just give Cammy Logan the call if need be. 

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Of course I don’t. My point was Brandon asked to leave in the window and was told no as he was back up to Smith. Smith gets injured and the first game we play we play two left backs and leave him on the bench. 

He's on his way out then. His performances are the number one issue.

But especially after last season's injuries it is sensible to have cover. As he did on Saturday though he was very poor. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I was going to bring that up v Hamilton but Hickeys better. I don’t know why we haven’t moved him on and just give Cammy Logan the call if need be. 

It’s a real strange one. The club asked him to go out on loan in January, he said he wanted to stay and push for first team football. He got sin binned for not going out on loan. Asked to be moved on in the summer and was told no, now we are playing left backs in front of him. Hickey is clearly the better player but there is an argument to say that Hickey should’ve stayed at left back and Whyte drops out for Brandon. 

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

It’s a real strange one. The club asked him to go out on loan in January, he said he wanted to stay and push for first team football. He got sin binned for not going out on loan. Asked to be moved on in the summer and was told no, now we are playing left backs in front of him. Hickey is clearly the better player but there is an argument to say that Hickey should’ve stayed at left back and Whyte drops out for Brandon. 

I’d personally rather have Hickey at Right back and White at Left back. White, if we can get him match fit and on form, will be one of our best players.

Brandon has shown nothing to suggest he should be playing, he’s been a liability since coming back from injury. I can understand why CL would be afraid to give him more chances at the moment tbf.

I totally get the point however that he’s “seen” as the 2nd choice right back and was kept as such but then overlooked. We should have let the boy go. We can still get him out on loan though to a Championship club. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’d personally rather have Hickey at Right back and White at Left back. White, if we can get him match fit and on form, will be one of our best players.

Brandon has shown nothing to suggest he should be playing, he’s been a liability since coming back from injury. I can understand why CL would be afraid to give him more chances at the moment tbf.

I totally get the point however that he’s “seen” as the 2nd choice right back and was kept as such but then overlooked. We should have let the boy go. We can still get him out on loan though to a Championship club. 

Why would we deny him the chance to leave and then not play him, was more my point. Brandon’s head is gone, you can see that. He’s been treated poorly by the club and must now be scratching his head as to why he wasn’t allowed to leave if the cover for Smith is going to be Hickey etc. 

6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Why would we deny him the chance to leave and then not play him, was more my point. Brandon’s head is gone, you can see that. He’s been treated poorly by the club and must now be scratching his head as to why he wasn’t allowed to leave if the cover for Smith is going to be Hickey etc. 

🤷🏼‍♂️ don’t know, we’re possibly a bit paranoid about injuries and wanted to make sure we had enough cover. 

White for example might not be fit for Motherwell after coming off on Saturday. Hopefully Michael Smith will be back but if not, that only leaves us with Hickey and Brandon. 

He has no no right to assume he is 2nd choice to Smith tbf. He got a chance v Celtic again and wasn’t great. He’ll just have to get his head down, improve and hope he can take the next chance he gets.

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

🤷🏼‍♂️ don’t know, we’re possibly a bit paranoid about injuries and wanted to make sure we had enough cover. 

White for example might not be fit for Motherwell after coming off on Saturday. Hopefully Michael Smith will be back but if not, that only leaves us with Hickey and Brandon. 

He has no no right to assume he is 2nd choice to Smith tbf. He got a chance v Celtic again and wasn’t great. He’ll just have to get his head down, improve and hope he can take the next chance he gets.

He has no right other than being told by Levein that he was back up to Smith. I totally get your point about his performances and I can see the thinking behind White and Hickey etc. Why we didn’t just tell him he could leave is a mystery. 

49 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

must have missed him playing on Saturday??

15 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

He has no right other than being told by Levein that he was back up to Smith. I totally get your point about his performances and I can see the thinking behind White and Hickey etc. Why we didn’t just tell him he could leave is a mystery. 

again, we needed him on Saturday. That alone justifies us keeping him

7 minutes ago, XB52 said:

again, we needed him on Saturday. That alone justifies us keeping him

You have missed my point. He was told that he was back up to Smith So couldn’t leave as he’d play if Smith got injured. The first game that Smith was injured Brandon didn’t start and instead a left back played in his place. He only came on due to the other left back that was playing went off injured. Seems like a slap in the face to the boy if you ask me and going along with some of the other things that have happened to brandon, he’s been treated poorly. 

8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

You have missed my point. He was told that he was back up to Smith So couldn’t leave as he’d play if Smith got injured. The first game that Smith was injured Brandon didn’t start and instead a left back played in his place. He only came on due to the other left back that was playing went off injured. Seems like a slap in the face to the boy if you ask me and going along with some of the other things that have happened to brandon, he’s been treated poorly. 

Young players are coming through that are better.

You know lots and to be fair you may be right he's been treated badly. 

But he's been poor when he's played. Hopefully leaves soon. 

I took in the Hearts vs Ross County game last month. The two best players that game were Loic Damour and Aidy White. Damour had just arrived in Edinburgh the previous day and it was one of White's first matches for Hearts. Hope that's not telling us anything. Hopefully just a concidence.

Edited by steven_mck

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Young players are coming through that are better.

You know lots and to be fair you may be right he's been treated badly. 

But he's been poor when he's played. Hopefully leaves soon. 

I don’t argue with any of that. He asked to leave and was told no as he’d feature, that’s my point. Anyway, let’s leave it at that. He’s been poor since his injury, he has his reasons and it probably would’ve been best for both parties if he’d left. He didn’t so will have to get his head down and try prove himself. 

48 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Brandon was needed to cover injuries. We had injuries and he played. These are the facts.