• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

12 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Really wish we would give Keena a run of games to be honest. The boy looks born to score goals at times. Just throwing him into a first team game then taking him straight back out again isn't going to show us whether or not he can do it at this level.

I second this. I would like him to start at least 3 or 4 games to show us what he can do. I think Uche should sit out a few, he really looks shot of confidence now.

Dalstonjambo
19 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I second this. I would like him to start at least 3 or 4 games to show us what he can do. I think Uche should sit out a few, he really looks shot of confidence now.

I agree on this. Especially with the Uche point. Guy needs a rest, both to get him fitter, but also to get him out of the firing line. I don't know if he's trying too hard or what, but he's a waste of a jersey right now in my opinion. No confidence, and no luck.

Edited by Dalstonjambo

Colonel Kurtz
Just now, Peebo said:

With zero caps, how do we get a work permit for this Japanese guy? Any chance he would get past the appeals panel? 

It seems City don’t have one for him. 

He will earn enough to get immigration status in boris's britain

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

I agree on this. Especially with the Uche point. Guy needs a rest, both to get him fitter, but also to get him out of the firing line. I don't know if he's trying too hard or what, but he's a waste of a jersey right now in my opinion. No confidence, and no luck.

+1

Lord Beni of Gorgie
37 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

She has a Wreckingbottom

Don't you mean you would like to wreck......er.......never mind

43 minutes ago, Peebo said:

With zero caps, how do we get a work permit for this Japanese guy? Any chance he would get past the appeals panel? 

Would have be an appeal as an 'exceptional talent'

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:oohmatron:

Certainly not !!!

You would need a plank attached to yer arse to stop yourself falling out, judging by the look of it.

:phface:

Sorry.

I wouldn't know her if she sat next down to me just now!! I just assumed they would all be worth a dook :lol:

In relation to Meshino. I've not seen much J1 this season, as my team (Omiya Ardija) are in J2. However, I know what you get from Japanese players - fantastic technical ability and football intelligence. Maybe this lad can actually get balls to Washington when he makes his runs.

I'm dying to see a Japanese player in the famous maroon.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Surely a mark up on Cletus Nombil who got a 2-2 draw on the appeal. Bit like the X Factor you need a 3-1 win minimum :wink:

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

In relation to Meshino. I've not seen much J1 this season, as my team (Omiya Ardija) are in J2. However, I know what you get from Japanese players - fantastic technical ability and football intelligence. Maybe this lad can actually get balls to Washington when he makes his runs.

I'm dying to see a Japanese player in the famous maroon.

We'll see a lot of Japanese fans at games as well.

12 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Yes, we would have to appeal on that basis. Would it get past the panel, simply because he’s good enough for Man City to sign him? Maybe.

1 minute ago, Peebo said:

Yes, we would have to appeal on that basis. Would it get past the panel, simply because he’s good enough for Man City to sign him? Maybe.

It'll be hand picked by Petrie and sanctioned by/participated on by Liewell so probably not tbh

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

He’s a central attacking midfielder who runs for fun, with the ball, scores goals and has an eye for a pass... he’s the next nakamura (spl)

I have a few mates from Manchester one who has a lad at the academy I txt him earlier and he said no chance can it be this boy..he txt back to say if we get him he’ll be the best player in the league!

But he only just signed for City a few days ago?

TyphoonJambo
24 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:oohmatron:

Certainly not !!!

You would need a plank attached to yer arse to stop yourself falling out, judging by the look of it.

:phface:

Sorry.

In not out, big difference, especially if discussing the use of back doors. Mines is most definately out only. Unless of course the invader has some kind of medical qualification or justification for the action. 

8 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

But he only just signed for City a few days ago?

Which is why he said it can’t be him! They seemed quite excited about it... it’s a weird one.

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Which is why he said it can’t be him! They seemed quite excited about it... it’s a weird one.

Be realistic though the guys not going to play in that city team up here he'l get physicality and games so its a no brainer, delighted city are even considering giving him to us tbh! 

Eddie The Eagle
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

I don't kid on to try and know the in's and outs with work permits,  but i believe we are going along the lines off "he's an exceptional talent"

Why that's different  to any others I do not know 

1 minute ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Be realistic though the guys not going to play in that city team up here he'l get physicality and games so its a no brainer, delighted city are even considering giving him to us tbh! 

He was due to join their academy set up they play to u23 level I believe. There’s maybe something in this work permit thing. Normally I’d get a message from down there if we were signing a player if there’s but seems to have caught them all by surprise. 

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

He’ll pass the exceptional talent test and be awarded one on that basis.

Bazzas right boot

How much did city sign him for, if a big fee should be a no brainer as an exceptional talent?

Him signing recently means very little imo, big teams often sign young players then loan them out. 

Up here makes sense if it's for the culture and language and not to be far from his base in England as the championship is now closed. 

Going abroad gives him game time but nothing else. 

A Japanese player in maroon must happen now, i want to see it. 

24 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

It would be like pumping a rubber doll. There's that much rubber involved that if you stuck a pin in her she would fart, rocket round the room and fly oot the window. 

A rolling pin?  Just saying likes.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

How much did city sign him for, if a big fee should be a no brainer as an exceptional talent?

Him signing recently means very little imo, big teams often sign young players then loan them out. 

Up here makes sense if it's for the culture and language and not to be far from his base in England as the championship is now closed. 

According to an article I read it was just under a million

Edited by bazman

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Me too! Something quite cool and exciting about it.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, bazman said:

According to an arrival I read it was just under a million

That's exceptional in relation to every Scottish team bar celtic/ rangers. 

you would have to imagine if he comes in along with Whelan then also with Damour then that's the three starting midfielders.What about project Clare?Anyway,i seem to be alone here when i say i don't want a tie in with any club in order to be an academy for their talent.I don't mind the random loan system which allows us to look around but not this.It just doesn't sit right with me for some reason.This young man will not know what has hit him when he comes up against opponents in our league.Will he be good or bad for the likes of Mcdonald and Connor smith?Raise their game or push them out the picture?Not all positive about this i have to say

32 minutes ago, Four faces said:

you would have to imagine if he comes in along with Whelan then also with Damour then that's the three starting midfielders.What about project Clare?Anyway,i seem to be alone here when i say i don't want a tie in with any club in order to be an academy for their talent.I don't mind the random loan system which allows us to look around but not this.It just doesn't sit right with me for some reason.This young man will not know what has hit him when he comes up against opponents in our league.Will he be good or bad for the likes of Mcdonald and Connor smith?Raise their game or push them out the picture?Not all positive about this i have to say

It depends on which team. If it’s Man City then it’s a no brainer. They have two starting 11s who could win the premier league. If we are looking to loan any player outwith that- say from 23-44 then they will still be incredible. Patrick Roberts at Celtic was brilliant and he was probably at the #30 on the list of a much weaker squad at city. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

We'll see a lot of Japanese fans at games as well.

One of the lads I know runs the JSoccer magazine. I've asked him for the lowdown on this guy as he's a fountain of knowledge in relation to Japanese players.

I'm (overly?) excited at this potential signing. 

5 minutes ago, Dayman said:

It depends on which team. If it’s Man City then it’s a no brainer. They have two starting 11s who could win the premier league. If we are looking to loan any player outwith that- say from 23-44 then they will still be incredible. Patrick Roberts at Celtic was brilliant and he was probably at the #30 on the list of a much weaker squad at city. 

I see what you mean and hope he is good. 

However it's worth bearing in mind that Patrick Roberts played for Celtic at the time and not us :) It's easier as a loan player to settle into a winning team

11 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

I see what you mean and hope he is good. 

However it's worth bearing in mind that Patrick Roberts played for Celtic at the time and not us :) It's easier as a loan player to settle into a winning team

True, but he was still a stand out every time I saw him. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

It would be like pumping a rubber doll. There's that much rubber involved that if you stuck a pin in her she would fart, rocket round the room and fly oot the window. 

:rofl:

Pasquale for King
19 hours ago, Dayman said:

Celtic have had a few great players from City, Hibs have had two average wingers from them and Smith-Brown wasn’t up to much. It’s still a bit hit and miss to be honest.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Celtic have had a few great players from City, Hibs have had two average wingers from them and Smith-Brown wasn’t up to much. It’s still a bit hit and miss to be honest.

Yeah I agree. If we make a good case for us being a good place to develop players we could be trusted with the better ones that would usually be reserved for Celtic/championship/lower prem teams though. 

FWIW I think Brandon Barker was a Good player. He always causes trouble and was a bit of an old school winger which we’ve lacked for a while. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Yeah I agree. If we make a good case for us being a good place to develop players we could be trusted with the better ones that would usually be reserved for Celtic/championship/lower prem teams though. 

FWIW I think Brandon Barker was a Good player. He always causes trouble and was a bit of an old school winger which we’ve lacked for a while. 

We will see how he gets on at Rangers, didn’t do much against us which is how I usually rate a player. 

37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We will see how he gets on at Rangers, didn’t do much against us which is how I usually rate a player. 

Other than getting cleaned out by soapy (excuse the pun)

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Other than getting cleaned out by soapy (excuse the pun)

Whilst getting injured and limping off 😆

46 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

This thread has gone quiet. 

DEAFENING SILENCE from the club.    There should be statement released.   Budge is obviously too busy galavanting aboot wae her new orchestra pals.   

KyleLafferty

Very annoying that Hearts don’t want to take Cummings. If he signs for anyone up here watch him score goals. He wants to come here.

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What's the hold up..?

Waiting till at least had the people have been given the exclusive that he's signing today/tomorrow.

Then he'll just appear on the team sheet on Friday to rip the pish out of all the punters on here

7 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What's the hold up..?

Should be paraded tomorrow when we train at Tynecastle before Fridays game.  

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Should be paraded tomorrow when we train at Tynecastle before Fridays game. 

Good stuff, Bongo.  :thumbsup: