***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Would be quite disappointed if we signed Glenn whelan would prefer we signed somebody a bit younger. Will be like the Aaron Hughes signing good player past his best   

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

40 minutes ago, thejoff said:

Agreed personal terms but wife wasn’t happy with the move to Edinburgh.... now it could be off.....

Surely not? Its literally the one part of joining Hearts which sells its self. Edinburgh is a beautiful city, especially now with the Fringe.

I'm actually quite annoyed. Birmingham is ****ing shitehole. How dare she. 

Edited by OTT

10 minutes ago, sadj said:

Lafferty and Cummings???

Naismith is a Hearts player...🙈

Morrison and Damour shall we put ourselves in debt to get them in by breaking our wage structure because we can’t offer enough?

Gordon is under contract for another year at Celtic

Ledley another one who might be a good signing and of the players above everyone has either approached us or we have had some form of contact with. Pipedreams indeed!! 

I don't know why you are quoting me as I didn't say at any point specifically these players.

The squad is miles off where it needs to be though.

11 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

I’m sure  after villa were promoted I saw Mrs whelan on sky, I could imagine she wouldn’t be overly keen on a move up here.

Leave the wife in Birmingham, 12 month deal, commute backwards and forwards to see the family and hang out in Nandos with the Jambos young guns. Perfect for everyone. 

I’ve a lot of family in Birmingham. Anyone who would rather live there than Edinburgh needs their head examined. 

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

Surely not? Its literally the one part of joining Hearts which sells its self. Edinburgh is a beautiful city, especially now with the Fringe.

I'm actually quite annoyed. Birmingham is ****ing shitehole. How dare she. 

Must be from Essex like ollys mrs 

Cruyff Turn

I went to Birmingham once, on a Sunday night on route to work in Wiltshire, we stopped at Spearmint Rhino, few lap dances, few pints, working on site 7 hours later. Those were the days. 

Mr Elwood P
27 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

The sad thing is that's the sort of quality/quantity we need to sign to sort this squad out.

A pipedream.

The sad thing is, I’ve spent 4 digits on season tickets and I’m guaranteed to have some miserable git like your fine self sitting within earshot! 

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

The sad thing is, I’ve spent 4 digits on season tickets and I’m guaranteed to have some miserable git like your fine self sitting within earshot! 

Harsh. If you've noticed my other posts the club ways have my support. I'm far from a misery guts especially on this board!

But I won't be alone in being pessimistic given the last few years transfer dealings. I don't think it's miserable to be realistic and admit there is a lot of work needed

tynietigers

Anybody know much about this guy from Cardiff 🤔 have just been told he could be signing tomorrow. Might be a lot of tosh but somebody out there might of heard the same 👍🏻

Hungry hippo

Our midfield must be better than most make out if people wouldn't be happy with Whelan. Would have been a very good addition.

15 minutes ago, Barack said:

Irish all the way to her roots.

Have you checked ya perv? Does Mr Whelan know?

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Harsh. If you've noticed my other posts the club ways have my support. I'm far from a misery guts especially on this board!

But I won't be alone in being pessimistic given the last few years transfer dealings. I don't think it's miserable to be realistic and admit there is a lot of work needed

Potentially too harsh. However, I’m hugely fed up with the negativity we have to endure on here. We haven’t played a league game yet. If we add Naismith and any of the centre midfielders rumoured, we would be looking very strong going into the 2019/20 season. A very strong experienced spine of Berra, (new centre mid) and Naismith. A lot of exciting young signings to develop further - Uche, Souttar, Clare and Mulraney. A raft of exciting academy graduates - Hickey, Morrison, Keena, Cochrane and Irving. 

The future is maroon!

15 minutes ago, geomac said:

mini me guy?

Potentially a decent signing. Didn’t quite make it at international level but did well all the way up to the full international level. 

EasternRossco
42 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Will throw another name out there. Vurnon Anita.

As a Leeds fan I bloody hope not. Absolutely mince. And a weird shape of a boy. 

Early promise as a youngster......that's about it really..........Mallory is that you......? 

Mr Elwood P
40 minutes ago, sadj said:

Lafferty and Cummings???

Naismith is a Hearts player...🙈

Morrison and Damour shall we put ourselves in debt to get them in by breaking our wage structure because we can’t offer enough?

Gordon is under contract for another year at Celtic

Ledley another one who might be a good signing and of the players above everyone has either approached us or we have had some form of contact with. Pipedreams indeed!! 

All these ITK deals definitely not happening then?

siegementality
28 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I’ve a lot of family in Birmingham. Anyone who would rather live there than Edinburgh needs their head examined. 

So a lot of your family need their head examined then.

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

All these ITK deals definitely not happening then?

No idea , like I said just got told the same as others about Whelan. My point was the poster said its pipedreams to think we would look at anyone like that. Cummings I don’t rate , Lafferty , Sonia i love she’s awesome , Kyle has a lot of baggage and I don’t think its a good idea. The others we have had an interest in. So clearly we try

1 minute ago, siegementality said:

😂😂😂

Robbo-Jambo
10 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Early promise as a youngster......that's about it really..........Mallory is that you......? 

Don't even joke about it 🙄

7 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Frankly, some of them do. Yes. Although, to be fair, a few of them want to move up here.

William H. Bonney
45 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

My mum is from Birmingham. 

I concur. 

25 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Potentially too harsh. However, I’m hugely fed up with the negativity we have to endure on here. We haven’t played a league game yet. If we add Naismith and any of the centre midfielders rumoured, we would be looking very strong going into the 2019/20 season. A very strong experienced spine of Berra, (new centre mid) and Naismith. A lot of exciting young signings to develop further - Uche, Souttar, Clare and Mulraney. A raft of exciting academy graduates - Hickey, Morrison, Keena, Cochrane and Irving. 

The future is maroon!

And what about the best signing of all.....Halkett !,,

tynietigers

Since posting have checked him out more, looks like he could be good for us 🤞 as we definitely need somebody coming in. Will wait and see what happens 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Showed a Celtic ‘mate’ of mine the photo and he thinks that it isn’t Ledley’s build.

Never his build 

10 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

He's a 69 rating on FIFA 19. Main attributes are stamina, aggression and agility. 5'11" and can play CDM/CM/CAM.

Whom?

Edited by sadj

Portable Badger
58 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Maybe she had a deek at Kickback...

If she'd met the Deek I know on JKB then I could understand her not coming here !!!

54 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Alan

no one disagrees that we haven’t got it right over the last few seasons but how can you think that this season will be similar to previous since we have signed up the core of the team on long term contracts, we have signed a pile of the young guns on long term contracts, we have signed Halkett who is keeping our our captain and virtually top scorer, we are not signing 20 players, we have boosted attacking wide options with Walker who has shown early positive signs, Mulraney is improving by the week. Naismith scarf above the head tomorrow on long term deal. 

Yes, more to do, Washington shown nothing yet, but how on earth can you attempt to compare last couple of years with what we have done over last 4 months? 

2 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

David Meyler just announced he is leaving reading and excited about his new challenge. Ticks most of the boxes international midfielder, no one knew he was available and strong beard. 

Celtic prick who hates the Hearts. No thanks.

Shanks said no
30 minutes ago, Tott said:

Name's not Pauline by anychance?

A very good question, which should not go unrecognized

:clap:

14 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

A very good question, which should not go unrecognized

:clap:

I thought it was a bloody disgrace, to be honest!

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I thought it was a bloody disgrace, to be honest!

You therefore must have a case of insanity

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Whelan would stroll it up here for 6/11 months

Would prefer it if he ran about a bit to be honest Frank.