***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

jamboinglasgow
20 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

If we checked " their mental side to see if they are right for Scottish football" can folk not realise that outwith the old firm the only players that arrive in Scotland to sign have a flaw somewhere, jig you live in a fantasy world that hearts are signing the best of the best.

Tell that to Levein and Neilson who have said they look into that side when finding players. But I was just saying what someone said about the 4 targets. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Mr Elwood P
4 hours ago, OTT said:

Denis returns!

Wonder when that ball will return, following his free kick at Hampden.

Alex Kintner
7 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

To me signing under 18s is incidental and not really relevant. 

If Cummins is affordable we must sign him.

You really need to look up the meaning of the word ‘must’ 👍🏻

5 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Wonder when that ball will return, following his free kick at Hampden.

😀😀

Beat me to it! 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Indeed. 

Bazzas right boot

Cummings would compliment Uche and Washington. 

Cummings is more like Keena. 

The question posed is Kenna better than cummings, cummings I think would end Keenas Hearts career. 

If CL thinks Keena won't make the grade, then cummings would make sense. 

I have no idea who is better. 

23 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The question posed is Kenna better than cummings, cummings I think would end Keenas Hearts career. 

Aiden Keena is still only 20. Plenty of time to develop further. Harry Kane had barely kicked a ball at spurs at that age.

Cummings isn't a great player but seems to be a natural goalscorer. I don't like him but I think he would end the season top goalscorer in our team if we signed him.

Edited by Bauld

I thought glue sniffing died out in the 80s?

Seriously though, I just can’t see Cummings happening. :oohmatron:

Just for a number of reasons. Main one for me is options upfront.  When Naismith signs we’ll have him, Washington, Uche, MacLean and Keena.  I’m not sure where Cummings fits in?  

Just now, Debut 4 said:

I thought glue sniffing died out in the 80s?

Seriously though, I just can’t see Cummings happening. :oohmatron:

Just for a number of reasons. Main one for me is options upfront.  When Naismith signs we’ll have him, Washington, Uche, MacLean and Keena.  I’m not sure where Cummings fits in?  

Naismith won't play as a striker. More inbetween the lines of an opponents midfield and defence. I can see Washington doing similar actually. I don't think it would hurt to have a poacher on the books.

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

I think the word you mean is 'we'

Cruyff Turn
59 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I think Keena will end up out on loan this season. As things stand at the moment, he’s hardly going to get chances with Naisy, Denzel, Uche and MacLean being the 4 main strikers.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I think Keena will end up out on loan this season. As things stand at the moment, he’s hardly going to get chances with Naisy, Denzel, Uche and MacLean being the 4 main strikers.

Maclean was only ever meant to play about 15 games last season instead he played nearly all of them. 

I think we will rest him far more this year and Keena should reach more squads. 

Significant he was trusted to start the semi 

Another day on the official hearts signing post 

Another day of absolute pish and drivel 

What will tommorow bring?

More drivel i suspect, more pish and more pointless chats about more pish, and totally unrelated to any Hearts signings

See you in the morning chaps 

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Naismith won't play as a striker. More inbetween the lines of an opponents midfield and defence. I can see Washington doing similar actually. I don't think it would hurt to have a poacher on the books.

Not saying I wouldn’t take another forward but as a guess coming from the management’s  perspective, I think they’ll see the above options as enough. 

Naismith can play as a striker though if required and they’ll be thinking that I would imagine. 

I don’t think we’ll always see Washington play with Uche and there’ll be times we play one up with Naismith and A N Other in behind or two wide men. 

I would welcome another seasoned option but I just don’t see it happening. 

Alex Kintner

Definitely think Keena will be seen as the poacher/penalty box striker in our squad and I’d have him any day of the week before Cummings.

Edited by To Be Frank

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Competition for places is good. 

Cumdog would be at the very best 3/4th choice, why waste a wage on him when other positions need strengthening? A holding or box to box midfield player is the priority 

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Dodger84 said:

Cumdog would be at the very best 3/4th choice, why waste a wage on him when other positions need strengthening? A holding or box to box midfield player is the priority 

Crumdog was his nickname at Hibs. We want to forget that sorry chapter of his career

His nickname at Hearts would be Mr Crum

Cruyff Turn
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Maclean was only ever meant to play about 15 games last season instead he played nearly all of them. 

I think we will rest him far more this year and Keena should reach more squads. 

Significant he was trusted to start the semi 

He was and he was and he couldn’t get a kick. 

A season in the Championship where he could score 10-20 goals would be far more beneficial than the odd appearance off the bench and reserve football. 

heartmussel
6 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He was and he was and he couldn’t get a kick. 

A season in the Championship where he could score 10-20 goals would be far more beneficial than the odd appearance off the bench and reserve football. 

Watching St Johnstone yesterday against Ross County,they were woeful up front I believe they are trying to tempt Stevie May back,would not surprise me if they approached McLean to partner him up front.

To be frank, keena out on loan with burns and a few others, he may get there hopefully but not currently at same level as Cumdog, you don't really see that which is fine by me.

While i think that Cummings could do a job, it's more important to sort out our midfield first. We need at least 2 new midfielders. There's no point in having top quality strikers if the midfield is poor and is going to be dominated more often than not. Otherwise our strikers will be living on scraps (which might actually suit a player like Cummings) instead of thriving on good chances from a dominating midfield.

37 minutes ago, dougal said:

While i think that Cummings could do a job, it's more important to sort out our midfield first. We need at least 2 new midfielders. There's no point in having top quality strikers if the midfield is poor and is going to be dominated more often than not. Otherwise our strikers will be living on scraps (which might actually suit a player like Cummings) instead of thriving on good chances from a dominating midfield.

Why not have both? 

Bazzas right boot

Cummings should be signed just for the seethe over at party planners. 

The boy is a Hearts fan, relegated hibs by missing a pk, signing for us then scoring v hibs is his destiny. 

I think Cummings will almost certainly go back to Hibs. Would I take him at Hearts? Maybe, but certainly not on a contract out with our wage structure.

Selkirkhmfc1874
23 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Cummings should be signed just for the seethe over at party planners. 

The boy is a Hearts fan, relegated hibs by missing a pk, signing for us then scoring v hibs is his destiny. 

Hibs badge kisser hearts.fan who was happy giving the get it right up ye to the hearts fans ! No thanks 

Would take Cummings in a heartbeat. Couldn't care less if he's played for Hibs before and I totally understand him rousing us up since he genuinely had a point to prove whenever he was playing against us. I mean I hated him when he was there, but mainly because it made me really nervous whenever he had the ball rather than the fact that he wound us up. I'd love to have someone like that in the Hearts team. Keena and Wighton aren't there yet so I think need to go out on loan and MacLean is past it, so if we're playing with 2 up front we really need a third striker of a similar quality for both depth and competition. Cummings is an ideal fit, however as others have mentioned a central midfielder is the priority so if its one or the other then we need the midfielder more.

Edited by mc2607

GorgieRules22
15 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I wonder what is in store for today on the signing front....

Bugger all, most likely.

85% chance of nothing happening before Wednesday.

2 hours ago, heartmussel said:

Watching St Johnstone yesterday against Ross County,they were woeful up front I believe they are trying to tempt Stevie May back,would not surprise me if they approached McLean to partner him up front.

There's a good chance May will be back there

Don't think Stevie May will be short of offers to be fair. Given the fact that he's had a serious knee injury I'd be surprised if we haven't tried 😅

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Ryan Edwards away to Burton Albion.

Gutted about this TBH

Almost put himself into folklore with his cup final goal. Wish him all the best

Im I’m a bit disappointed we allowing Edwards to leave tbh, I thought he should good energy and obvious ability. I just hope this is another bit of clearing out to make way for a marquee CM 🤞🏼

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Frees a wage up.

Makes two midfield arrivals more likely IMO.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Wish him all the best, people can slate him but his attitude and work rate was great. We must have someone lined up if we are allowing him to leave! 

18Jambo_dave74

Happy enough with this as ultimately I don't think he was good enough to be a regular starter for us. Very impressed with his attitude and work rate though - seemed like a good professional. I would say Burton is a very good move for him too - wish him the best of luck. 

I suspect that we may see two new midfielders signed now.

letsalldothebeattie

I’m surprised at Edwards being allowed to leave. Seemed to finally be in with the chance of getting game time. If he does go all the best to the lad. Gave us the lead against Celtic in the final that created unbelievable scenes for about 10 mins. 

My only issue is are we ever going to get fees for players. That’s another told he’s free to leave. We’re bringing in players on decent contracts but letting them leave for nothing. Not exactly smart business

2 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

I’m surprised at Edwards being allowed to leave. Seemed to finally be in with the chance of getting game time. If he does go all the best to the lad. Gave us the lead against Celtic in the final that created unbelievable scenes for about 10 mins. 

My only issue is are we ever going to get fees for players. That’s another told he’s free to leave. We’re bringing in players on decent contracts but letting them leave for nothing. Not exactly smart business

Better to let a player leave for free than have him sit around not playing and picking up a wage, we'll get fee's for 1st team players who are under contract and performing week in week out. Plus being seen as a good club to deal with if things don't work out will only help get us players that may be on the fence otherwise.

27 minutes ago, bazman said:

Having talks with Kilmarnock seemingly

He was in Perth yesterday/last night so wondered if he had maybe went along to McDiarmid at some point. Kilmarnock would be a good move for him