• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Alex Kintner

FFS Levein. We’ve got a goal machine training with us and you allow him to head back to Nottingham without signing a contract! 

:seething:

Leveins Battalion
13 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Training with Hearts 😂😂😂😂😂

Maybe McCann didn't fancy him or he heard that Josh Magennis was signing? 

10 minutes ago, Whatever said:

How boring are your days, generally speaking Mikey? 

Just research. In seconds.

Posted that after a look at photos of the cricket.

Notts are 49-2 after 8 overs chasing 162 to win. Current run rate is 9.41 an over. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Notts are 49-2 after 8 overs chasing 162 to win. Current run rate is 9.41 an over. 

:D

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Think you meant required run rate 👍🏻

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Think you meant required run rate 👍🏻

Good to see the World Cup has brought out the level of interest. 

Qualifying for next one starts next month with Scotland playing games in Aberdeen. 

merseyjambo

Personally I’d take Cummins in a heart beat. He’s exactly the type of striker we don’t have. A penalty box poacher who irritates defenders. 

Scottish football is is littered with players who tried their luck down south and it didn’t work for them - Stevie May, Leigh Griffiths, Barry Ferguson and of course our very own Robbo and Rudi  Skacel and bringing both of them back worked out well. Their scoring records to appearances down south was crap yet that never figured in bringing them back. Even Sow struggled down south, so did Lafferty. Naismith had an ok record at Everton but did nothing at Norwich yet we are desperate for him to come back. Failing in England is common place for a vast majority of Scottish players who have gone down there recently.

Cummins on his form before he went south is an asset.

When Robbo was sold by Newcastle any Hibs fan who wouldn’t have loved him in their team is a liar. We have potentially the chance to right a wrong and bring in our first penalty box poacher since Robbo and Crabbe. 

Anyone who can’t see that he is the type of striker we need clearly hasn’t been watching us for 2 seasons

Dont shoot the messenger, I'm not itk, but I have it on good authority that we haven't signed anyone today.

YouLetYourClubDie
1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

If we don't sign him and he is available its a massive opportunity missed. 

Those on here that don't think he won't score goals are clueless.

I agree. He is most definitely worth a punt.

5 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Dont shoot the messenger, I'm not itk, but I have it on good authority that we haven't signed anyone today.

You helped bring this back on topic though. 

Portable Badger
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

What's the latest score Mikey?  You're faster than Tinternet

Alex Kintner
11 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Personally I’d take Cummins in a heart beat. He’s exactly the type of striker we don’t have. A penalty box poacher who irritates defenders. 

Scottish football is is littered with players who tried their luck down south and it didn’t work for them - Stevie May, Leigh Griffiths, Barry Ferguson and of course our very own Robbo and Rudi  Skacel and bringing both of them back worked out well. Their scoring records to appearances down south was crap yet that never figured in bringing them back. Even Sow struggled down south, so did Lafferty. Naismith had an ok record at Everton but did nothing at Norwich yet we are desperate for him to come back. Failing in England is common place for a vast majority of Scottish players who have gone down there recently.

When Robbo was sold by Newcastle any Hibs fan who wouldn’t have loved him in their team is a liar. We have potentially the chance to right a wrong and bring in our first penalty box poacher since Robbo and Crabbe. 

Anyone who can’t see that he is the type of striker we need clearly hasn’t been watching us for 2 seasons

Comparing Cummings to Robbo, Skacel and Naismith

:cornette_dog:

29 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Maybe McCann didn't fancy him or he heard that Josh Magennis was signing? 

Contract signed.....post dated 2nd July.....

....that was was my favourite.

15 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

But what about Cummings? 

GorgieRules22
46 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Training with Hearts 😂😂😂😂😂

Even you’ve come out with more guff than this.

merseyjambo
6 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Comparing Cummings to Robbo, Skacel and Naismith

:cornette_dog:

Read the actual post not what you want to take from it. Typical of your posts, see what you want to see in it. 

What I was saying is that Cummings time in England didn’t work,  neither did Robbos or Rudi’s. Naismith didn’t work at Norwich but was reasonable at Everton.

People are ripping Cummings for his stats since leaving Hibs, well Rudi and Robbo had worse stats than him down south. 

3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

I’ve not ever seen anything from him to suggest he is a quality finisher, natural finisher or even a decent finisher at any decent standard of football. Scored a bucketload of goals in the second tier of Scottish football but then so have plenty others who have also failed when they’ve tried to step up a level.

Time will tell 👍🏻

💯% agree with you on this. 

8 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Read the actual post not what you want to take from it. Typical of your posts, see what you want to see in it. 

What I was saying is that Cummings time in England didn’t work,  neither did Robbos or Rudi’s. Naismith didn’t work at Norwich but was reasonable at Everton.

People are ripping Cummings for his stats since leaving Hibs, well Rudi and Robbo had worse stats than him down south. 

Naismith was excellent for Everton.

Also, I'm fairly sure Rudi's stats were not worse than Cummings.

Edited by Taffin

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Stopped reading at “Naismith was reasonable for Everton”

tenor.gif?itemid=10041220

merseyjambo
4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Stopped reading at “Naismith was reasonable for Everton”

tenor.gif?itemid=10041220

And I have a family full of Blue in-laws who thought he was sh1te

I thought he did a decent job there but a lot of fans thought he was crap. He was marmite with them

Robbo-Jambo

Cummings at the cricket 😄

Must have had a mate with him because there is no way that thick ****** would understand what the hell was going on. 🙄

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

To add that the colours of the teams playing in the photo match  those live on Sky Sports. 

It's Trent Bridge, Nottingham...

Didn't see him on Kiss Cam though Jonno. Not allowed to show Penguins mating after the watershed apparently 

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I thought he did a decent job there but a lot of fans thought he was crap. He was marmite with them

tenor.gif?itemid=7970508

Robbo-Jambo
22 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

That reasonable at Everton they kept him for 4 years 🙄

7 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The fans loved him too

Edited by Taffin

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The fans lived him too

Nah mate, loads thought he was shite apparently. Especially after he banged that hat-trick in against Chelsea 👍🏻

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

If we don't sign him and he is available its a massive opportunity missed. 

Those on here that don't think he won't score goals are clueless.

So those that do think he won't score goals are right? But we should sign him anyway? 

1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

My brother in law is an Everton fan. He loved him, and so did all his mates. 👍

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

My brother in law is an Everton fan. He loved him, and so did all his mates. 👍

My brother in law is a toffee also? We related? 🤔😂

5 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

My brother in law is a toffee also? We related? 🤔😂

Could well be... are you of Indian descent? 😄

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

The point about Cummings is he has failed to do anywhere near what he did for Hibs in the Championship at every club at a higher level (our level). Other players, like Robbo, Naismith and Rudi, proved they could do it at a higher level even if they didn't do it every single season.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

And they got him for free - bargain. By the way I had a look at Naismith's stats and he had his best scoring rate with us last season apart from his last season at Rangers. Imagine if he hadn't got injured - could have been that 20 goal player. For all the criticism, several players have come here and scored way beyond their previous stats - Lafferty, Sow, Rudi, Djoum and Naismith notably in recent seasons. I suppose Cummings could do the same but don't see it. D Utd's next signing?

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Could well be... are you of Indian descent? 😄

No but I swear I’m of to Mumbai at the weekend!!😂😂

5 hours ago, goldie83 said:

No but I swear I’m of to Mumbai at the weekend!!😂😂

😄

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 hours ago, daveyhmfc said:

This thread still going? Utterly pointless.

Not really. Like the worst coffee shop in the world 

FWIW I was speaking this week to a HMFC employee (shouldn’t name him) who considers it a no brainer to get JC on loan from Forest. So I wasn’t surprised that he was seen at Riccarton. Not convinced by him or whether CL would bite.

Monsieur Maroon
34 minutes ago, Papa said:

FWIW I was speaking this week to a HMFC employee (shouldn’t name him) who considers it a no brainer to get JC on loan from Forest. So I wasn’t surprised that he was seen at Riccarton. Not convinced by him or whether CL would bite.

Jason Cummings was not seen at Riccarton yesterday!  Also, his playing record aside, his Character is way too questionable.  I would be so surprised to see us go near him.

48 minutes ago, Papa said:

He wasn't seen at Hearts.

The guy was at a cricket game in England.