• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Alex Kintner
13 minutes ago, old school tie said:

Cumdog blindfolded with his legs tied together,Would still outscore any of the fowards we have.

A headless wight that’s been set on fire would outscore Cummings!

Edited by To Be Frank

Cruyff Turn
25 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Cummings scored 1 goal in 14 appearances in the English Championship last season. 

Washington’s stats are irrelevant. I don’t see anyone referring to Washington as a “natural finisher” as you did with Cummings. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I said he’s a “quality finisher”.

Craig Levein said Washington was a “decent finisher”.

Unless you want to be pedantic about adjectives, then it’s one in the same.

“He runs in behind defenders, which not a lot of strikers do these days. He is a decent finisher and tries his heart out in every match. The supporters here love that. They love strikers with energy 
who chase, harry and press. He can help us enormously”

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-conor-washington-s-pace-will-bring-hearts-up-to-speed-1-4956427/amp

Washington’s stats are irrelevant, why? Surely strikers stats are one of the most important things, no? You seem to think so.

Cummings scored more goals last season than a current Hearts striker and a former Hearts striker put together. Yet you’re the one banding around stats to support your argument that we shouldn’t sign him. 🤷‍♂️

Frank, I get that folk don’t like him because he used to play for Hibs and has some sort of personality issue. I get that. 

But I don’t think he’s a risky signing if we were indeed interested and I do believe he is a, to quote myself, a “quality finisher”. 

Cruyff Turn
14 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

The only reason I hope we sign Cummings is to see the seethe 

Fingers crossed. Walker and Cummings in one season would have the fickle yin’s scraping the barrel. 

I suspect there will be head coaches in Scotland including ours who simply don't think he's good enough.  Given that he's at riccarton though does suggest we are looking at him.  More likely though that he's just training I would have thought.

Alex Kintner
7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

“He runs in behind defenders, which not a lot of strikers do these days. He is a decent finisher and tries his heart out in every match. The supporters here love that. They love strikers with energy 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-conor-washington-s-pace-will-bring-hearts-up-to-speed-1-4956427/amp

Washington’s stats are irrelevant, why? Surely strikers stats are one of the most important things, no? You seem to think so.

Cummings scored more goals last season than a current Hearts striker and a former Hearts striker put together. Yet you’re the one banding around stats to support your argument that we shouldn’t sign him. 🤷‍♂️

Frank, I get that folk don’t like him because he used to play for Hibs and has some sort of personality issue. I get that. 

But I don’t think he’s a risky signing if we were indeed interested and I do believe he is a, to quote myself, a “quality finisher”. 

You don’t think there’s a difference between “quality finisher” and “decent finisher”? 😳

Washington gets regularly picked for N. Ireland so must have a lot more to his game than goals.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I'm with you on this. 

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

I suspect there will be head coaches in Scotland including ours who simply don't think he's good enough.  Given that he's at riccarton though does suggest we are looking at him.  More likely though that he's just training I would have thought.

If there is any truth to him training with us, the question would be why train with us and not hibs? 

Him and Walker are pals I believe, so maybe that explains why he was there (if indeed he was).  

Dunno if the rumour of him training is true , but if he shows the proper application and looks the part I wouldn't rule out Craig giving him a deal . 

Probably just giving him use of training facilities tbh but you never know . 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

The wee boaby can slink off to Motherwell or somewhere fitting.

Still in shock Forest let him go without asking for money in all honesty. Actually, thinking about it...I'm not.

I was surprised when I suggested it you said no. Thought he would be home soon enough with his immaturity 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
52 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What about wee Jason Holt, Clerry? Would he be one you’d like us to enquire about?

Has Holt not gone to QPR with Warburton?

Cruyff Turn
5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

You don’t think there’s a difference between “quality finisher” and “decent finisher”? 😳

Washington gets regularly picked for N. Ireland so must have a lot more to his game than goals.

You said that I said, “natural finisher”, I said, “quality”. Do you not think there is a difference between “natural” and “quality” like? 🙄 

Washingtons a good player and will be a good player for us, I think he’ll score goals for us and I’d say the same thing about Washington as I did about Cummings, that his record means nothing. 

I absolutely 💯 % believe that Cummings is a quality finisher. I feckin remember him scoring against us and Sevco almost every time we played Hibs.

Might be difficult viewing but perhaps this may refresh your memory. 

47 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

He was 18 and playing in a dreadful Hibs side, he’d score goals no doubt about it in my opinion.

Fair dues 

No from me 

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You said that I said, “natural finisher”, I said, “quality”. Do you not think there is a difference between “natural” and “quality” like? 🙄 

Washingtons a good player and will be a good player for us, I think he’ll score goals for us and I’d say the same thing about Washington as I did about Cummings, that his record means nothing. 

I absolutely 💯 % believe that Cummings is a quality finisher. I feckin remember him scoring against us and Sevco almost every time we played Hibs.

Might be difficult viewing but perhaps this may refresh your memory. 

I’ve not ever seen anything from him to suggest he is a quality finisher, natural finisher or even a decent finisher at any decent standard of football. Scored a bucketload of goals in the second tier of Scottish football but then so have plenty others who have also failed when they’ve tried to step up a level.

Time will tell 👍🏻

adambraejambo

If we have the budget for another forward as well as fixing midfield then sure he would be a good addition. Just need him to sign a waiver banning him from all social media activity. Also Grado will be banned from ever setting foot in Tynecastle. If in a Hearts flat he pays insurance for the year up front. Other than that he welcome . 

That pishy Suicide Squad Joker hand tattoo!!

Feck me, not enough face palms in the world for ar5ewits that think that is cool. 

He'll be back at Fester by the end of the month.

Edited by Fraggle

Clerry Jambo
54 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Thank goodness. Just thought he seemed to fit the MO of the players you usually seem to champion. 😄

Enlighten me

Guest ToqueJambo

It's a no for me for Cummings. Seems to be one of these players who plays for himself rather than the team. Not a lone striker and can't seem to play with a strike partner, and still unproven at a better level than the Scottish Championship. Still can't believe he's got two Scotland caps.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's a no for me for Cummings. Seems to be one of these players who plays for himself rather than the team. Not a lone striker and can't seem to play with a strike partner, and still unproven at a better level than the Scottish Championship. Still can't believe he's got two Scotland caps.

Take a mean penalty though 👍

FWIW I would 100% take Cummings. Hearts have a knack for keeping their players out of the papers, whilst Hibs seem to let them riot. I think Cummings 'antics' would be a lot more muted, at the end of the day he's not a bad hearted arsehole. Its childish pish more often than not which is a sign of immaturity, not arseholery. 

If Levein 'won't entertain' the idea, I don't think thats a very good mindset to have. Plenty young lads can be a bit wild before maturing. I'd be confident he could begin to score goals at this level. Besides, its all speculation. Leveins gonna do what Levein wants and I guess we'll find out in the cumming weeks (I'll get my coat)..

Leveins Battalion

Why do people think that Levein is some sort of headmaster who wont tolerate anything apart well behaved little boys?🤣🤣Cummings would do well at Hearts imo.

2 hours ago, jaff98 said:

Hi sorry to post in run this morning, I have no clue if he is signing or just training with us.

I was at riccarton all day on a course and he was with the squad. I'm not saying he is joining us or that I've got any insider knowledge just in the right place right time. So just passing on what I saw.

I totally understand the irony of my post as I'm usually just sitting in the back ground and lol at posters getting ripped for this kind of info. 😁😁😊

2 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Hope Cummings is purely training with us and that's it. A player who thinks he's better than he actually is and comes across as a bit of a tw@t. 

Would prefer we gave Keena more of a chance this season. He's looked good every time he's played. Him up top with uche or Washington could be a good combo. 

It's not unusual for players to train at other clubs. Cummings will still know people at Hearts and with the new regime at Hibs it's more likely we would help him out staying fit. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's not unusual for players to train at other clubs. Cummings will still know people at Hearts and with the new regime at Hibs it's more likely we would help him out staying fit. 

Sure him and Walker are good mates 

Cruyff Turn
25 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I’ve not ever seen anything from him to suggest he is a quality finisher, natural finisher or even a decent finisher at any decent standard of football. Scored a bucketload of goals in the second tier of Scottish football but then so have plenty others who have also failed when they’ve tried to step up a level.

Time will tell 👍🏻

Proofs always in the eating. 👍🏼

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Cummings and Lafferty are probably two players who CL would see as a bad influence on our younger players.....most of whom appear to be well grounded.

If Levein thought that Cummings was a bad influence on younger players then there would be no way that he would even allow him facilities to train with us. There may be something in this. With Wighton now out for a while with an injury Cummings might just be exactly what we are looking for. He'd have a lot to prove if he did sign with us that's for sure.

Cummings has always been fairly sensible actually. 

I know he had his scrapes but most of that was those he hung around with and Terry Butcher helped him sort that out after the last meltdown which never got publicised. 

Five to One
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

If Levein thought that Cummings was a bad influence on younger players then there would be no way that he would even allow him facilities to train with us. There may be something in this. With Wighton now out for a while with an injury Cummings might just be exactly what we are looking for. He'd have a lot to prove if he did sign with us that's for sure.

Would help Walker also. Another player with a point to prove. 

Bit it of a gamble, but with no fee involved might be one worth taking. 

I agree with the poster who queried why we would want another striker.  Seems to me we have more than ever of them although the quality of one or two is highly questionable.

40 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Enlighten me

Been at Hearts as a kid, let go after Levein came in, Hearts supporter. Might be mixing you up with someone else I suppose. 👍

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cummings has always been fairly sensible actually. 

I know he had his scrapes but most of that was those he hung around with and Terry Butcher helped him sort that out after the last meltdown which never got publicised. 

So that video of him wrecking his own gaff was before Butcher?

Clerry Jambo
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Been at Hearts as a kid, let go after Levein came in, Hearts supporter. Might be mixing you up with someone else I suppose. 👍

Think you are. We need to get a bit quality in for centre mid to make that difference to the side, top end of our wage structure anyway

If we don't sign him and he is available its a massive opportunity missed. 

Those on here that don't think he won't score goals are clueless.

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Think you are. We need to get a bit quality in for centre mid to make that difference to the side, top end of our wage structure anyway

👍

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

ShrillTepidBorzoi-size_restricted.gif

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

0*cGDRC5Pg5ro-N3Sr.gif

That penalty was brilliant. 

But renewing that confidence and arrogance on the park is what he needs. In the right environment. 

Guest ToqueJambo
29 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Maybe they're basing it on 10 goals in 56 games since leaving the Scottish Championship, over half in League One. He does score, just less than 1 in 5 right now.

the general
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Why do people think that Levein is some sort of headmaster who wont tolerate anything apart well behaved little boys?🤣🤣Cummings would do well at Hearts imo.

Correct ... Craig is even more mischievous than Cummings 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Forest not released him, told him to find a new club. Could mean a loan. Other players told the same Bridcutt, Ariyibi and Darrell Murphy 

25 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Forest not released him, told him to find a new club. Could mean a loan. Other players told the same Bridcutt, Ariyibi and Darrell Murphy 

Bridcutt would be perfect 

No chance though

Cummings appears to be at a cricket game down in England somewhere. Not familiar with cricket grounds to know how far away this is, to rule out if he was or wasn't training with us today. Screenshot_20190718-203007_Instagram.thumb.jpg.a5c7672adcd7b6202f4a2f0db2c09ed6.jpg

His name is

Cummings posting on Instagram a short time ago. Looks like a cricket ground, presumably down south. Highly unlikely that he was training with us today. 

Screenshot_20190718-203506.png

Is Cummings the player the poster from HAMILTON was referring to at the plot ceremony? 

Perhaps not 🤣

Edited by Whatever

4 minutes ago, jambotea said:

Cummings appears to be at a cricket game down in England somewhere. Not familiar with cricket grounds to know how far away this is, to rule out if he was or wasn't training with us today. Screenshot_20190718-203007_Instagram.thumb.jpg.a5c7672adcd7b6202f4a2f0db2c09ed6.jpg

That's Trent Bridge in Nottingham. 

Captain Bubblebeard
3 minutes ago, His name is said:

Cummings posting on Instagram a short time ago. Looks like a cricket ground, presumably down south. Highly unlikely that he was training with us today. 

Screenshot_20190718-203506.png

That’s Trent Bridge which is oddly enough in Nottingham.