***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Leveins Battalion
10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I wonder if that's due to the criticism from some ?

Could be,one thing about Leveins teams in both his 1st time at us and his Utd team were that they had a mean streak about them,maybe trying to create a bit of a siege mentality.He will probably prefer the attention being on Hibs and Aberdeen.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

What about the boy Kouassi at Celtic on loan, back from injury and needs to play. CL and Lennon have a good relationship and would provide the solid 2nd holding mid...allow the attacking players to do what they are good at....

22 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Very strong and athletic in the middle of the park is very comfortable and reassuring on the ball and is meant to be a fantastic passer of the ball.  The fans down there love him.  I think he would be a good fit for Hearts, especially since losing Djoum and now Haring. 

Did this "superstar" save Scunny from getting relegated??

How does he compare with Craig Bryson?

26 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Very strong and athletic in the middle of the park is very comfortable and reassuring on the ball and is meant to be a fantastic passer of the ball.  The fans down there love him.  I think he would be a good fit for Hearts, especially since losing Djoum and now Haring. 

So you haven't seen him but your cousin has and you think he'd be a good fit because Scunny fans love him.  Great!

rick witter
29 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Never heard of him but sounds like everything we don’t look for in a player. 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Notice Kilmarnock only have two in so far. And one of those is a goalie.

First competitive game tonight, and already they're behind Aberdeen, Hibs & our recruitment.

Crisis time at Killie, yeah...?

To be fair, Killie were a far better side than us last season - we are far more in need of strengthening than them. 

Inch Hearts
10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So you haven't seen him but your cousin has and you think he'd be a good fit because Scunny fans love him.  Great!

The description of the player leads me to believe that yes.  It is a transfer thread, am I not allowed to make any suggestions at all?  You asked, you got a reply and you still have to be a smart arse.  What’s the issue? 

Inch Hearts
20 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Did this "superstar" save Scunny from getting relegated??

How does he compare with Craig Bryson?

I would suggest he didn’t as they got relegated.  I’m not sure what that matters? Plenty players look good in teams that also get relegated. 

Ive no idea how he compares to Bryson, but considering Aberdeen have had a bid for the player accepted then I would suggest they may not be similar types of player. 

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

I would suggest he didn’t as they got relegated.  I’m not sure what that matters? Plenty players look good in teams that also get relegated. 

Ive no idea how he compares to Bryson, but considering Aberdeen have had a bid for the player accepted then I would suggest they may not be similar types of player. 

So, naff all to do with this thread, Thanks

There is a specific thread for non HMFC transfers & another one for H1b5 fans, so take your thoughts there. Thanks again!

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I reckon we'll see 2 centre midfielders,and possible a right midfielder and another striker.Somebody out the blue will turn up.

Nae danger. We’re skintito. 

How many games did Bryson play for Derby from January till the end of the season, very few. If we had signed him no doubt the usual suspects would've been on here slating Levein for signing another injury prone player.

No win situation

Just noted that he is not in Aberdeen squad of 18 tonight

Edited by airthjambo
Addition

1 minute ago, airthjambo said:

How many games did Bryson play for Derby from January till the end of the season, very few. If we had signed him no doubt the usual suspects would've been on here slating Levein for signing another injury prone player.

No win situation

Well said sir👏🏻

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

125 grand is another sizeable fee for a 27/28 year old for Hibs and Aberdeen. Personally I'm glad we stick to paying fees for younger prospects we hope to develop or on wages for stellar signings like Berra, Naismith and Lafferty - the types of proven quality, international class signings neither Hibs or Aberdeen have made recently by the way.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, airthjambo said:

No win situation

Shoooooosh, Don't get "him" started on CB:whistling:

27 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

The description of the player leads me to believe that yes.  It is a transfer thread, am I not allowed to make any suggestions at all?  You asked, you got a reply and you still have to be a smart arse.  What’s the issue? 

So you'll be much more tolerant of the recommendations made to the club.

Not trying to be a smart arse.  

Seems like a watered-down version of Wyscout if you ask me.

Your cousin has told you all this.  Has she seen Hearts recently?

Edited by JamboAl

rick witter
17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

125 grand is another sizeable fee for a 27/28 year old for Hibs and Aberdeen. Personally I'm glad we stick to paying fees for younger prospects we hope to develop or on wages for stellar signings like Berra, Naismith and Lafferty - the types of proven quality, international class signings neither Hibs or Aberdeen have made recently by the way.

And yet both managed to finish ahead of us last year by the way!! 

One of them by a huge distance we can only hope to close that gap by signing better players. 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Why are some so desperate for us to sign another handful of players?

We need to give our fantastic young players game time but we probably do need one experienced CM as has already been said.

With Berra, Smith, Haring when fit, Naismith etc now seems the perfect time to compliment that experience with youth. 

Personally, even though it ended in defeat, seeing Hickey, Irving, Smith etc performing at Parkhead was extremely exciting.

People wishing us to sign another 4/5/6 haven’t thought about what that would do to development of said youngsters.

We have always been a club known for promoting youth. I firmly hope that continues in the upcoming season.

We need to give the youngsters a few seasons to come good. Throwing them in for a few weeks isnt enough. Think this is cochranes pivotal year, he will rise to the occasion.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

And yet both managed to finish ahead of us last year by the way!! 

One of them by a huge distance we can only hope to close that gap by signing better players. 

Give it a rest man.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

Never heard of him but sounds like everything we don’t look for in a player. 

Yeah, apart from Haring, Naismith, Gomis, Pallardo, Djoum, Adao and probably a few others who have been through the door in recent years who fit the "Very strong and athletic in the middle of the park is very comfortable and reassuring on the ball and is meant to be a fantastic passer of the ball" description

The "meant to be" is very vague mind you. Is he or not?

22 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Scoring several times while keeping it very tight at the back 👍🏻

Ahhh that cheeky lil one slipped in at the back when you least expect it

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

Jesus wept, still a bitch-fest then !

Any word or whisper or ITK or Gorgie Fish Bar news or Dalmahoy spotting or Oriam showround hints.....anything  ?

Gies something other than folk f*ckin moanin !!!

You moaning about the moanin?

:muggy:

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah, apart from Haring, Naismith, Gomis, Pallardo, Djoum, Adao and probably a few others who have been through the door in recent years who fit the "Very strong and athletic in the middle of the park is very comfortable and reassuring on the ball and is meant to be a fantastic passer of the ball" description

The "meant to be" is very vague mind you. Is he or not?

Sean Clare is athletic,as is Edward's,I have a feeling Clare in particular will kick on this season.👍

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Oh, well. That's ok then. 

Play in Europe, & are happy to go with one recognised striker in Brophy. 

Rangers were a far better team than Killie & us, and have signed 8. Celtic won the league, & have signed more than Killie.

Seems it's only Hearts that's the problem. 

I only give a toss about Hearts and our recruitment is a let down so far. We need to improve a lot this season and the squad still needs major improvement IMO. 

All will be revealed by 21:30 tomorrow evening. Nothing will shock me either way, I will be pleasantly surprised, or slightly disappointed. That's the thing with Hearts these days, we're so garbage that people expect very little. Not a great position to be in really, but that's life under a below average manager. 

gorgieheart
45 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You moaning about the moanin?

:muggy:

Mibbe aye...

Just now, Barack said:

Will it literally only take a change of manager. To whoever...John McGlynn to return for example, to change your outlook on Hearts?

I'd like to see some progress in the style of play, more confidence in passing and in possession. I don't really care who the manager is tbh, as long as I can see that we are moving forward on the pitch and not stagnating. For the last 5 or 6 months of last season we looked as if we were disjointed and without any real plan. Injuries aside, I expected us to go through a shorter bad spell, but then gain in momentum again. We didn't, we ran out of ideas very quickly.

Guest ToqueJambo
48 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Sean Clare is athletic,as is Edward's,I have a feeling Clare in particular will kick on this season.👍

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about Clare. Ok he started nervously but he seems really promising to me and exactly what we need. If he'd come through our academy we'd be excited. Maybe some just took the whole "EPL clubs interested" stuff too seriously.

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

All will be revealed by 21:30 tomorrow evening. Nothing will shock me either way, I will be pleasantly surprised, or slightly disappointed. That's the thing with Hearts these days, we're so garbage that people expect very little. Not a great position to be in really, but that's life under a below average manager. 

I'd love to see the CVs of average managers if someone with Levein's experience is considered below average 😂

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Naisysback said:

What about the boy Kouassi at Celtic on loan, back from injury and needs to play. CL and Lennon have a good relationship and would provide the solid 2nd holding mid...allow the attacking players to do what they are good at....

He's terrible.

Doesn't have the heart for the SPL

20 minutes ago, Barack said:

I thought it was Levein your issue was with. Sorry. There's that many, I lose track.

Here's hoping it changes then. Although I'm ok with him being here, as I think this'll be the last season, I'd like the same intensity as the opening 8 games of last season & outcome. But over a sustained period. 

Think we all do, if we stop being arseholes on here for 5 minutes & be rational. Don't think it'll catch on though.

That will probably depend on Naismith being up to speed for the first league game. He links play, sees passes others can't, and is always moving into space. 

Not to be reliant on Naismith so much..........now that would be a good sign that we're moving in the right direction. 

22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'd love to see the CVs of average managers if someone with Levein's experience is considered below average 😂

Don't get me wrong, he has plenty of experience. It's just that he's not very good. 

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Don't get me wrong, he has plenty of experience. It's just that he's not very good. 

Certainly had my doubts about Levein this time round but I would love him to prove people wrong,what i wont question is his commitment to Hearts,he lives and breathes this club.

FarmerTweedy
On 10/07/2019 at 20:31, soonbe110 said:

Anyone playing in England whose contract expired on 30 June is in exactly the same place as Naismith, if they have a club lined up for Aug 1. We may even have a verbal agreement with one or two. That’s the best we could have at this stage. Levein is unlikely to come out and say so even if we have because the speculation would start and the risk of being gazumped goes up. Sadly patience is not one of jkb’s attributes but it’s needed at this stage. 

Depends on how much money they were on in England, and how confident they are in the agreement with their prospective new club. Naismith stands to make a reported £160k from Norwich for July, whereas he'd probably have made somewhere in the region of an 8th of that from Hearts for July. He's gaining a very large amount of money by holding off on signing for a month, and doesn't have to worry about Hearts deciding to move on and sign another target instead. Most players coming from England to Scotland will probably be from the lower leagues and on far lower salaries in England, so won't have as much to gain, but also would be more likely to run the risk of their prospective new club maybe finding an alternative target in the meantime. 

2 more being worked on. Barring nobody else going out or an unexpected coup then that's about all to happen. 

Soapy Soutar
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

2 more being worked on. Barring nobody else going out or an unexpected coup then that's about all to happen. 

Happy with that,no more than 2 needed.

Im assuming at least 1 is a cm the other?

45 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Depends on how much money they were on in England, and how confident they are in the agreement with their prospective new club. Naismith stands to make a reported £160k from Norwich for July, whereas he'd probably have made somewhere in the region of an 8th of that from Hearts for July. He's gaining a very large amount of money by holding off on signing for a month, and doesn't have to worry about Hearts deciding to move on and sign another target instead. Most players coming from England to Scotland will probably be from the lower leagues and on far lower salaries in England, so won't have as much to gain, but also would be more likely to run the risk of their prospective new club maybe finding an alternative target in the meantime. 

Didn't seem to stop Bryson signing for Aberdeen and he was with Derby County although I relaise that when Naismith signed for Norwich they were in the Premiership at the time so he would be on bigger money.

4 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Are they 2 quality players though Daza?

certain starters?

JamboCampbell
7 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

One of them JM by any chance?

JamboCampbell
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Who is JM?

2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

James Morrison I presume

👍🏻

Can we just please spend some decent salary on a decent box to box attacking midfielder?

Not too much to ask! Just 1. Then al shut ma pus!

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, innerjambo said:

He's clearly been above average for pretty much his entire managerial career though. You see that right?

3 hours ago, Barack said:

I thought it was Levein your issue was with. Sorry. There's that many, I lose track.

Here's hoping it changes then. Although I'm ok with him being here, as I think this'll be the last season, I'd like the same intensity as the opening 8 games of last season & outcome. But over a sustained period. 

Think we all do, if we stop being arseholes on here for 5 minutes & be rational. Don't think it'll catch on though.

Amen brother.

And there's the thing, I'm a big Levein supporter but if he doesn't get it right, and get it right quick I will hound him just as much as the noisy minority.

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Can we just please spend some decent salary on a decent box to box attacking midfielder?

It would be worth it for that alone. 😉

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's clearly been above average for pretty much his entire managerial career though. You see that right?

Nope, not really. He's had occasional moments in his career where he's had some success, but generally I'd say he's underperformed. That's why he's not won anything with any club he's ever been at. Nothing against the guy personally, but great things won't happen while he's in charge imo.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Nope, not really. He's had occasional moments in his career where he's had some success, but generally I'd say he's underperformed. That's why he's not won anything with any club he's ever been at. Nothing against the guy personally, but great things won't happen while he's in charge imo.

Agree to disagree. He's not my favourite Hearts manager by a long way but if our next man had his CV - but wasn't called Craig Levein - we'd be delighted - great player, done well at two top flight Scottish clubs, Hearts fan and former player, former Scotland manager, English experience, great contacts. Most managers haven't won anything and those that do tend to command a premium. He even had two very good moments just last season amid all the poor league form with our early form and cup run.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Clare may be the surprise as a box to box, playmaker is what I would like, time on the ball,  passer,  strong on the ball,  bringing other players into the game