• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Lafferty is an odious , he brings the worst out in some of our support and he is an idiot, anybody wanting a character like that back in the club needs their head checked.... 

But.... 

Goals... 

Big goals in big games... 

So now I am imagining the three attacking players being Naismith Lafferty and Walker, add them to Uche, Mulraney (who should improve) with MacLean as back up and I am suddenly excited about the season ahead 

Bazzas right boot

I liked the sound of that big Notts forest chap who was out on loan in league two. 

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I liked the sound of that big Notts forest chap who was out on loan in league two. 

Des Walkers laddie? 

FarmerTweedy
11 hours ago, Bking9 said:

He's made some top saves has Bobby, I'm not denying that, have you honestly witnessed any games last season where you came away and said to yourself, Bobby really saved us today, we wouldn't have won that game if it wasn't for him or has he made last minute saves to get us over the line and gain a point. Can't really think of any at this moment in time I'm sure there will be less than a handfull. 

I want a GK that will earn you 15 points a season, look back at the end of  the season and say remember this game or that game.

We need a keeper the can produce big performances at crucial times in the season, when our rivals drop points on a Saturday, we need players to step up to the plate on a Sunday when we are away to st Johnston, ect. 

That's like saying you want a 30 goal per season striker. We all want these things, some of us realise it's extremely difficult to get them if you don't have millions to spend.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Optimistic if so. Next up some LBs pse.

Anyone suggesting a left back should be banned immediately. We've got White, Hickey, Garuccio and at a push Burns or the young academy lad that has just signed professional terms. We can also play a 3-5-2 with Halkett / Berra / Souttar and then Mulraney as the wing back. Left back is in no way a position requiring attention. White and Hickey are effectively two new left backs to add to Garuccio.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

8 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

To contestant number 1:

If we met at the physio's injury table, what would you be wearing?

The table oot!

johnking123
7 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Tyler Walker.  Would test my English team Forest with a small bid if we have the cash. We are trying to remove players just now as it's far to big a squad.

TommiGronlund
10 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

"Nothing but a cheeky smile Cilla.. Have you seeeen Craig's physio?"

"Okay pal, I'll sign you but am no playin' you"

"Whaaaaa?"

Is this the conversation with Ryan Edwards by any chance??? 

8 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

That's like saying you want a 30 goal per season striker. We all want these things, some of us realise it's extremely difficult to get them if you don't have millions to spend.

In this league I don't think it would take a £30M goalkeeper to earn his team a few points every so often, or make some important saves at important times in the season. As I say Zlamal made some cracking saves during that season, I remember one in particular at Murrayfield but wasn't crucial and didn't gain us anything. 

To many mistakes in big games for me. 

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Anyone suggesting a left back should be banned immediately. We've got White, Hickey, Garuccio and at a push Burns or the young academy lad that has just signed professional terms. We can also play a 3-5-2 with Halkett / Berra / Souttar and then Mulraney as the wing back. Left back is in no way a position requiring attention. White and Hickey are effectively two new left backs to add to Garuccio.

Wrong.

kingantti1874

I wouldn’t buy a left back either. We have to give the ones we’ve got s chance.. and hickey who will be #1 soon needs 15 games this season. 

5 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Only the forward section need done this season. Midfielder is Djoum leaves or defender if souttar goes.

Yip, our midfield would be 100 times better with better forward players ahead of them. Djoum and Haring are quality, and those two would probably be our preferred pairing. I think Lee would be back to his best with the likes of Walker and Naismith playing in front him. And of course there's young Harry who will get more game time as well. 

johnking123
2 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Yip, our midfield would be 100 times better with better forward players ahead of them. Djoum and Haring are quality, and those two would probably be our preferred pairing. I think Lee would be back to his best with the likes of Walker and Naismith playing in front him. And of course there's young Harry who will get more game time as well. 

Young Irving too. Think he will come good as well.

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

Really hoping this lad comes through in time .  Looks like a pass picker and shows composure and awareness some lack in our team. 

Really calm on the ball but sees things quick. 

8 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Garuccio is out until December so it will all depend on the fitness off White. If breaks down then we’ll need a LB.

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We have decent options in there when everyone is fit, but when we get injuries to guys like Haring it all falls apart, and that's still a huge concern for me.

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Garuccio is out until December so it will all depend on the fitness off White. If breaks down then we’ll need a LB.

We’re not going to sign a 4th left back to cover for a few months. Hickey will play if White isn’t up to it. Tierney made 2 appearances the season he broke through, then 23 appearances the season after. We also have the 3-5-2 option with Mulraney. Garrucio would have to leave for us to sign a new left back!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
41 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I wouldn’t buy a left back either. We have to give the ones we’ve got s chance.. and hickey who will be #1 soon needs 15 games this season. 

I'll go higher, 25 at least, think he can cope with that easily. #RealDeal

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Irving is a proper stroller, he can pick a pass I think. If these youngsters kick on we are in clover, with a fit Naismith.

Winger and a poacher are my 2 priorities with seemingly Walker and Naismith in the locker, Clare in there too, Irving, Cochrane and McDonald, plenty of midfield talent, before we talk about our holding ones, Haring and Bozanic. Edwards and Lee bit part players.

Spend the lot on a real quality right winger that Morrison can learn from and a man who will score goals, the rest of the pieces are already there.

Oh and Lady Luck to give us a break. And Levein to let the hand brake off.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Irving is a proper stroller, he can pick a pass I think. If these youngsters kick on we are in clover, with a fit Naismith.

Winger and a poacher are my 2 priorities with seemingly Walker and Naismith in the locker, Clare in there too, Irving, Cochrane and McDonald, plenty of midfield talent, before we talk about our holding ones, Haring and Bozanic. Edwards and Lee bit part players.

Spend the lot on a real quality right winger that Morrison can learn from and a man who will score goals, the rest of the pieces are already there.

Olly Lee has done a lot more in his first season than Bozanic has? 

gorgieheart
Just now, Sir Gio said:

This !!

:stantoned:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Olly Lee has done a lot more in his first season than Bozanic has? 

Not a holding midfielder, he will be passed by Irving and Cochrane. Irving looks twice the player he is already, they are very similar in style.

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not a holding midfielder, he will be passed by Irving and Cochrane. Irving looks twice the player he is already, they are very similar in style.

You think so? Olly Lee contributed to 18 goals last season. I'd be very surprised if Irving matches that even over the next two seasons. He is still very young. I agree that he can be very very good, in the future.

Inch Hearts
11 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I've already stated my views.  Keep up.

Shite work rate and a poor signing in your opinion then?  Glad to see the back of him last time wasn’t it? :lol: 

A_A wehatethehibs
18 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You think so? Olly Lee contributed to 18 goals last season. I'd be very surprised if Irving matches that even over the next two seasons. He is still very young. I agree that he can be very very good, in the future.

Yep, for his first season Lee has done ok. He passes the ball decent, scored an all time belter at Easter Road and takes a good corner. 

From his second season we demand more. He must swap out the white boots for black boots. 

2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Shite work rate and a poor signing in your opinion then?  Glad to see the back of him last time wasn’t it? :lol: 

That's 2 questions you've asked there. I thought you frowned on questions by posters.:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

I didn't say it was a poor signing or a good one.  I said that compared to the contributions of either Sammon or/and Vanecek, he has to be a bonus.   In your desperation to stalk, you clearly did not read my last post.

And, yes, I was glad to see the back of him last time around as we can do without that type of bad attitude around the dressing-room.

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

That's 2 questions you've asked there. I thought you frowned on questions by posters.:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

I didn't say it was a poor signing or a good one.  I said that compared to the contributions of either Sammon or/and Vanecek, he has to be a bonus.   In your desperation to stalk, you clearly did not read my last post.

And, yes, I was glad to see the back of him last time around as we can do without that type of bad attitude around the dressing-room.

So with a bad attitude and poor work rate it’s a piss poor signing?  I said yesterday I’ve taken up asking questions as a bad habit, stalker. 

3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

So with a bad attitude and poor work rate it’s a piss poor signing?  I said yesterday I’ve taken up asking questions as a bad habit, stalker. 

Yet another question.  Practise what you preach and don't try to justify it.

PS - Are you Jamie?

Edited by JamboAl

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Yet another question.  Practise what you preach and don't try to justify it.

PS - Are you Jamie?

Just answer the ****in’ question Al. 

Absolute Scenes

Jordan White, Inverness striker, may be currently at the Oriam

Walked in with Wighton apparently and looked like he had Hearts training gear on

My mate is trying to confirm for sure if it was him

Edited by Absolute Scenes

Nookie Bear
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Jordan White, Inverness striker, is currently at the Oriam

I assume to play basketball?

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Takis51 said:

Olly lees had the no.8 shirt removed from him and it’s been given to Sean Clare. Out the door maybe? 

If true, Clare had #9 so to me the message is, a #9 is coming in

Absolute Scenes
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

If true, Clare had #9 so to me the message is, a #9 is coming in

Unless Uche is getting number 9

Phil D. Corners
25 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yep, for his first season Lee has done ok. He passes the ball decent, scored an all time belter at Easter Road and takes a good corner. 

From his second season we demand more. He must swap out the white boots for black boots. 

Lee played the most amount of games for us this season. 

Apparently being injured free makes you a great player. 

PS. I don’t mind Lee. 

GorgieRules22
4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Walked in with Wighton apparently and looked like he had Hearts training gear on

Fair play to your mate for knowing that, I’d not even know the guy if he stuck the head on me.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
50 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Thought Lee largely went missing 2nd half of the season. His best game by a distance was the cup semi or at least the second half 

Jamboscanbevicius
8 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

To use a well known JKB phrase, that seems underwhelming if true.

However, White has a decent scoring record (albeit not at the top level) and is a decent age at 27. Might be decent enough backup, say if we are losing McLean, but definitely would not improve us.

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Unless Uche is getting number 9

Uche wears the famous number 19 with pride! Big Laff or Shankland or someone coming in is getting the 9 I reckon. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Takis51 said:

Olly lees had the no.8 shirt removed from him and it’s been given to Sean Clare. Out the door maybe? 

Begging the question. 

Who is going to be 9?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Jamboscanbevicius said:

However, White has a decent scoring record (albeit not at the top level) and is a decent age at 27. Might be decent enough backup, say if we are losing McLean, but definitely would not improve us.

Possibly getting training facilities. Useful Championship player but not at our level. 

We tried Crawford out last season and decided not for us

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

To be fair his stats are good. Agreed not at SPL level but he also has a good number of assists. May have more to offer than an ageing McLean.

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

I know mate I'm in the same boat...but its also nice to be a position where we can be pleasantly surprised. We've been scunnered too much by getting overly excited by signings (Davey for example) so maybe him coming in and us not expecting much can be a good balance for us. Overall he has nearly a 1 in 3 goals to game ratio which is pretty decent regardless of level he's played

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Uche wears the famous number 19 with pride! Big Laff or Shankland or someone coming in is getting the 9 I reckon. 

He certainly does mate! Number 9 should be our goalscorer so I'd keep the big man number 19