***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

agreed

I genuinely do believe and stand by the thought, that we have the makings of a good squad , a good core (with Naismith signing hopefully!) where we need one or two quality additions - the boy Grot from Leeds looks like the type of winger we need, if Djoum stays we wouldn't need to run about looking for midfielders of the same level - but could still do with one more decent midfielder. We have some of the best young players breaking through, so I wouldn't be against using some, but not all at once. If McDonald comes back I'd like to see him utilised more, Cochrane to get more game time and hickey in a few games as well.  Clare should be better as well, and Mulraney will be more confident to carry on as he finished. I'm feeling quietly excited about how the squad is going to develop this season

This

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, jambo-rocker said:

If we're looking at it from a cover perspective, then why are we signing a player on loan for cover when Baur, Petkov or Hamilton could easily, between the three of them, cover as 4th choice CB? Levein clearly isn't shy to throw a youngster in out from the cold, so I don't see why this should be any different.

It's why I'm sceptical of this loan winger from Leeds, who from what I have read is already quite raw. Surely we can recruit and develop a better winger of our own if he's going to be third choice for now anyway. Is our scouting really that peripherally focused that we can't scout another player in all of Europe that fits this bill, rather than taking all the risk with another winger with less reward than if we found a similar quality player on an 18 month deal?

Dikamona is our 4th choice centre back.

44 minutes ago, saxondale said:

No chance. The guy looks more out of shape than Vanecek!

Out of shape, what are you looking at?  He is an absolute tank.

siegementality
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Thought we were going for 3/4 players with real quality

He might regret saying that. Under promise and over deliver is always the better option.

gorgieheart
1 hour ago, saxondale said:

No chance. The guy looks more out of shape than Vanecek!

Really  ?Image result for jay roy grot

Phil Dunphy
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Personally I like players who have played international football, even if it is for Northern Ireland,

What a stupid comment that is.

Northern Ireland are ranked 28th in the world, above nations like Turkey, Russia, Scotland (nearly 20 places above that mob), Ivory Coast and R.O.I. 

I bet you wouldn’t debate whether signing a Turkish international or a Slovakian international if the chance came along. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Northern Ireland are ranked 28th in the world, above nations like Turkey, Russia, Scotland (nearly 20 places above that mob), Ivory Coast and R.O.I. 

I bet you wouldn’t debate whether signing a Turkish international or a Slovakian international if the chance came along. 

I think you taking comments out of context and looking for schoolboy fights is stupid but there we go .

I rate Northern Ireland unlike so many other people just last week 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Looks like Zeefuik now.

There were some humorous bellies on parade in that particular Leeds top. Not one to flatter the beer drinkers of West Yorks

The Internet

Probably been discussed but am I **** going back through this thread. Us and Hibs been linked with chuks aneke. I like the look of him. 

Phil Dunphy
11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think you taking comments out of context and looking for schoolboy fights is stupid but there we go .

I rate Northern Ireland unlike so many other people just last week 

“Even if it is for Northern Ireland” is rather arrogant. Whether you meant it to be or not. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

“Even if it is for Northern Ireland” is rather arrogant. Whether you meant it to be or not. 

As I say, out of context, I was bending over backwards on another thread re NI. Plenty of other people apparently don't share my view about NI. Irony Phil, irony.

Aneke

Grot

Naismith 

Halkett

White

Good window? Suppose it also depends on the Djoum situation 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Thought we were going for 3/4 players with real quality

Holland under 21 international signed by a top English Championship side with a huge scouting network. Yet to prove his worth, but could be real quality.

We wont be signing players that cost millions, which is real quality. Interpretation I suppose

Phil Dunphy
4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Aneke

Grot

Naismith 

Halkett

White

No-one knows about White or whether he’ll be a good addition to the squad. How long’s he been out for now? Two years?

The reviews from Leeds fans is not a glowing endorsement for Grot. I’m on the fence for that one. 

Either way, we absolutely need better width in the team. Morrison and Mulraney aren’t enough to get us to where we wanna be. 

And if the management team once again fail to address the need for a creative midfielder, then serious questions need to be asked to their competence in their roles. 

heartsfc_fan
10 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Aneke

Grot

Naismith 

Halkett

White

Craig Gordon perhaps

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Craig Gordon perhaps

Possibly Mandron as back striker too

Edit: he will be backup - Uche's on instagram showing he's an absolute beast still. Boy is going to bully the hell out of players this season

Edited by Absolute Scenes

21 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Probably been discussed but am I **** going back through this thread. Us and Hibs been linked with chuks aneke. I like the look of him. 

Possibly the guy that’s been pictures with levein in the last day or so? 

16 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Possibly Mandron as back striker too

Edit: he will be backup - Uche's on instagram showing he's an absolute beast still. Boy is going to bully the hell out of players this season

Shankland is another rumour that popped up a while back, I wonder if we're just keeping our options open? 

29 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Possibly the guy that’s been pictures with levein in the last day or so? 

He does have similar hair style to the guy I saw yesterday so possible it was him

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Shankland is another rumour that popped up a while back, I wonder if we're just keeping our options open? 

I forgot about him. Thats went very quiet.

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Aneke

Grot

Naismith 

Halkett

White

Need a keeper as well.

So, Grot, Aneke and Ariyibi. If that's all true then we are definitely looking at big, strong, athletic types with a bit of football ability as well! Add in guys like walker and Milinkovic then that's a good mix to be bringing in, especially when you have guys like haring, naismith, Uch and even McLean already here.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Grot, Aneke and Ikpeazu all lining up, big physical team :lol:

Along with Haring, Souttar and Berra, quite a threat at set pieces

2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Yes, but Northern Ireland is a bit of a kiddie-on country tbh.

::troll::

letsalldothebeattie

Apparently we are interested in signing the Leeds United winger Jay-Roy Grot on a season long loan according to the Evening News

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-interested-in-signing-leeds-united-s-dutch-winger-jay-roy-grot-1-4948951

If anything smacks of a Levein signing its this one. A Dutch winger who has struggled for game time since joining Leeds in 2017, struggled with homesickness & the belter of the article has even been BOOED onto the park by his own fans. A current day Hearts signing if their ever was one

2 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Apparently we are interested in signing the Leeds United winger Jay-Roy Grot on a season long loan according to the Evening News

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-interested-in-signing-leeds-united-s-dutch-winger-jay-roy-grot-1-4948951

If anything smacks of a Levein signing its this one. A Dutch winger who has struggled for game time since joining Leeds in 2017, struggled with homesickness & the belter of the article has even been BOOED onto the park by his own fans. A current day Hearts signing if their ever was one

Why start a new thread to moan about it when you can moan 'till your hearts content on the transfer thread?

letsalldothebeattie
Just now, Rudolf said:

Why start a new thread to moan about it when you can moan 'till your hearts content on the transfer thread?

How was any of that even a moan

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

"smacks of a levein signing, struggling" etc. Not hard to see you created a new thread to have a dig at the manager

Its clearly already been mentioned in the transfer thread

Mods close the thread to minimise another thread being derailed by levein jibes

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

"smacks of a levein signing, struggling" etc. Not hard to see you created a new thread to have a dig at the manager

Its clearly already been mentioned in the transfer thread

Mods close the thread to minimise another thread being derailed by levein jibes

Quickly! :rofl:

Nessjambo67
9 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

My god you’ve got him doomed to failure already what’s wrong with you ?..

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Quickly! :rofl:

only a matter of time, as with every other thread

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Holland under 21 international signed by a top English Championship side with a huge scouting network. Yet to prove his worth, but could be real quality.

We wont be signing players that cost millions, which is real quality. Interpretation I suppose

Yet if he is shite it will be our scouting that is called into question not Leeds.....

14 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

The below is a moan however you try and dress it up.

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

only a matter of time, as with every other thread

That's probably because a lot of fans don't really want Levein to continue as manager.

gorgieheart
19 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Have you just woke up  ?

Think you have had a nightmare and just typed it  !

Close it down Mods.......:cornette:

36 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Grot, Aneke and Ikpeazu all lining up, big physical team :lol:

Along with Haring, Souttar and Berra, quite a threat at set pieces

Halkett grabbed a few last season too, think we'll be a nightmare to deal with from set pieces

18 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

That's probably because a lot of fans don't really want Levein to continue as manager.

Any chance they could keep it on one giant thread for pishy-breeked dullards, and let everyone else get on with talking about other shit?

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Any chance they could keep it on one giant thread for pishy-breeked dullards, and let everyone else get on with talking about other shit?

Dont be silly. 

Absolute Scenes
23 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

and a lot of fans do want him to continue as manager

10 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

and a lot of fans do want him to continue as manager

And you can read Einstein’s theory to 100 monkeys for 1000 years but at the end of the day they would still be monkeys,

2 minutes ago, Prof said:

And you can read Einstein’s theory to 100 monkeys for 1000 years but at the end of the day they would still be monkeys,

Ironic coming from you. :laugh2::laugh2:

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Ironic coming from you. :laugh2::laugh2:

With a name like Prof, you'd expect at least some sort of intelligent response but there you go