Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

All roads lead to Gorgie
13 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Think it's code for "there's a JKB arsehole behind you"

You are right. I think our undercover squad needs further training. Rumbled. 

13 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Same boy he was with at ricarton ?

No sure but if it is they've both changed clothes

Second look levein is still looking like same jumper

Edited by jambocub
Missing word

Captain Canada

I think we might see more departures than expected over the next month or so. 

Doyle, Godinho, Wighton, Lee, Bozanic, MacLean, Brandon, Zanatta, Moore and Edwards will all want to be playing regularly and I don't think any of them will get assurances that will be the case. 

Phil D. Corners
17 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Levein must be holding the talks until David Moyes returns from his holiday

Seems weird, at least to me, that they spent the whole day together. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
22 minutes ago, kila said:

Maybe an agent while player is taking a shite

I certainly hope so, he's either wearing an oversized jacket or he's let himself go since the video was made. Makes CL look like he's got his playing days body back. Almost.

8 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Something that has been evident from hearts before is that they like to look after a player that has come to visit the club. Make them feel welcome and wanted could be what makes them choose use over another

21 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Doyle, Godinho, Wighton, Lee, Bozanic, MacLean, Brandon, Zanatta, Moore and Edwards will all want to be playing regularly and I don't think any of them will get assurances that will be the case. 

Edwards will hopefully be going no where. I’d keep Bozanic and Lee also but the rest I’d let go if someone wants to take them. 

CloustonHMFC
18 minutes ago, bazman said:

Something that has been evident from hearts before is that they like to look after a player that has come to visit the club. Make them feel welcome and wanted could be what makes them choose use over another

Any player who comes to see the club is always given top class treatment. Quite rightly so. 

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

That’s definitely an agent rather than a player Levein is with or just some dark skinned mate.

Player is currently sitting at the bar tanning the sambucas. 

4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

That’s definitely an agent rather than a player Levein is with or just some dark skinned mate.

Player has just boarded a connecting flight to Thailand- apparently a trip there is a standard part of the Hearts new signing initiation process.

5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Taxi driver, both having a rest after lugging all Vanecek’s bags through the airport. 

William H. Bonney
8 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Taxi driver, both having a rest after lugging  Vanecek through the airport. 

Ftfy 

50 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

You implying they're bumming?

They might be I suppose

ArcticJambo
11 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

@ArcticJambo you must have sources that could confirm this? ?

A canoe? He'd have rocked up in a kayak if inuk.  :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

Definitely agree that players will go. Midfielders need moved on to make space for the likes of Irving, Cochrane and Macdonald playing - happily see Lee, Bozanic and Edwards go. If the midfield actually plays football then there is definitely no place for Edwards.

Wighton deserves a longer chance, Maclean is good cover and we need to keep a right back as cover.

8 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

McLean did not sign to play every game he was only ever meant to be a squad player. Edwards worked his backside off to get back in so not sure why you are binning him. Lee and Bozanic had up and down seasons but both have time on their contracts and I'd think you give them another season instead of ripping up the squad and starting again.

Wighton we have paid a decent fee for so I'm not sure we are again ripping up his contract. The squad needs continuity some are starters some are squad players but the thought that we should punt massive portions of our squad each summer is silly.

11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Jay Roy Grot from Leeds

6ft4, athletic build, fast, quick feet and loves dribbling with the ball.

Levein type of player when you recall MDV, Uche, Sow and Fuller. He does like a big striker with a bit of skill and unpredictability about them.

I kind of like the sound of the guy.

How's my driving
40 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Jay Roy Grot from Leeds

Now in the rumours section of the Scotsman. I wonder where they get their info from  ?

So we are at the stage where we are in the process of battling to replace Vanecek, so far... patience certainly required this window. ?

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

So we are at the stage where we are in the process of battling to replace Vanecek, so far... patience certainly required this window. ?

To be honest, we didn't have much to replace, as long as the new striker can 271 minutes, it will be a great signing.

this Mandron guy, despite it not being an exciting signing, would be a good replacement for Vancek and a good option from the bench. With a fully fit team, uche and Naismith would be my first choice strikers. BUt I know what you mean - I want to see signings!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Leeds owe us a decent one, to make up for Shaugnessy.

Thought Shaughnessy did his job to be honest. Decent cover, no superstar, but cover was all he was meant to be.

JRG, is an awkward type. Definitely ability in there, but seems to be trying to come to terms with how to use his body. Couldn't do right at Leeds, probably trying too hard.

Definitely a player that would appeal to Levein, given his success with Fuller and De Vries. Not sure this lad is quite so good as those 2, but if he can get his confidence and balance, he could be a real asset in Scotland

25 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

To be honest, we didn't have much to replace, as long as the new striker can 271 minutes, it will be a great signing.

this Mandron guy, despite it not being an exciting signing, would be a good replacement for Vancek and a good option from the bench. With a fully fit team, uche and Naismith would be my first choice strikers. BUt I know what you mean - I want to see signings!

Yeah. Reading the interview with Colquhoun in the EEN (split over two articles), he seems to suggest Levein is going to be far more reliant on young players this coming season. It’s just annoying that we are having to waste time replacing Vanecek in the first place to be honest. A couple of very good signings in midfield and attack, and if nobody else moves on, then I will be pretty happy. A lot would rest on some young shoulders though, in that scenario.

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yeah. Reading the interview with Colquhoun in the EEN (split over two articles), he seems to suggest Levein is going to be far more reliant on young players this coming season. It’s just annoying that we are having to waste time replacing Vanecek in the first place to be honest. A couple of very good signings in midfield and attack, and if nobody else moves on, then I will be pretty happy. A lot would rest on some young shoulders though, in that scenario.

agreed

I genuinely do believe and stand by the thought, that we have the makings of a good squad , a good core (with Naismith signing hopefully!) where we need one or two quality additions - the boy Grot from Leeds looks like the type of winger we need, if Djoum stays we wouldn't need to run about looking for midfielders of the same level - but could still do with one more decent midfielder. We have some of the best young players breaking through, so I wouldn't be against using some, but not all at once. If McDonald comes back I'd like to see him utilised more, Cochrane to get more game time and hickey in a few games as well.  Clare should be better as well, and Mulraney will be more confident to carry on as he finished. I'm feeling quietly excited about how the squad is going to develop this season

jambo-rocker
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Thought Shaughnessy did his job to be honest. Decent cover, no superstar, but cover was all he was meant to be.

JRG, is an awkward type. Definitely ability in there, but seems to be trying to come to terms with how to use his body. Couldn't do right at Leeds, probably trying too hard.

Definitely a player that would appeal to Levein, given his success with Fuller and De Vries. Not sure this lad is quite so good as those 2, but if he can get his confidence and balance, he could be a real asset in Scotland

If we're looking at it from a cover perspective, then why are we signing a player on loan for cover when Baur, Petkov or Hamilton could easily, between the three of them, cover as 4th choice CB? Levein clearly isn't shy to throw a youngster in out from the cold, so I don't see why this should be any different.

It's why I'm sceptical of this loan winger from Leeds, who from what I have read is already quite raw. Surely we can recruit and develop a better winger of our own if he's going to be third choice for now anyway. Is our scouting really that peripherally focused that we can't scout another player in all of Europe that fits this bill, rather than taking all the risk with another winger with less reward than if we found a similar quality player on an 18 month deal?

Edited by jambo-rocker

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Balance isn't it, between supressing the talent in the ranks, whilst surrounding it with the quality that will allow it to flourish.

Personally I like players who have played international football, even if it is for Northern Ireland, they seem to be able to handle pressure situations far better. Our cup final team had nearly all played international football at some level or cup finals, hence why the occasion did not phase them. Edwards, Haring and Clare I think the only 3 who had neither represented their country or previously played a final.

3 or 4 more players who have that experience would be very useful.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, jambo-rocker said:

If we're looking at it from a cover perspective, then why are we signing a player on loan for cover when Baur, Petkov or Hamilton could easily between the three of them cover as 4th choice CB? Levein clearly isn't shy to throw a youngster in out from the cold, so I don't see why this should be any different.

It's why I'm sceptical of this winger from Leeds. Surely we can recruit and develop a better winger of our own if he's going to be third choice for now anyway. Is our scouting really that perphieral that we can't scout a player in all of Europe that fits this bill rather than taking all the risk with another winger with less reward than if we found a similar quality player on an 18 month deal?

Were any of those out on loan? Petkov of the 3 perhaps could have been given a chance. Other than the error against Dundee, Shaughnessy really didn't do all that badly. He was average, really don't understand what we were looking for.

He was asked to play on the left when left backs kept falling down, he did ok.

Peter Haring would suggest that our scouting is not peripheral, suspect it all comes down to availability, affordability and then the doozy, does the player actually want to move to Scotland.

I doubt its an easy job in all honesty, other clubs are finding it just as tough in our bracket. Rangers are hovering anything that moves that is worthwhile at home

jambo-rocker
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Were any of those out on loan? Petkov of the 3 perhaps could have been given a chance. Other than the error against Dundee, Shaughnessy really didn't do all that badly. He was average, really don't understand what we were looking for.

He was asked to play on the left when left backs kept falling down, he did ok.

Peter Haring would suggest that our scouting is not peripheral, suspect it all comes down to availability, affordability and then the doozy, does the player actually want to move to Scotland.

I doubt its an easy job in all honesty, other clubs are finding it just as tough in our bracket. Rangers are hovering anything that moves that is worthwhile at home

They were all in the club come January. I'm pretty sure Hamilton was sent back, Petkov wasn't anyway and Baur was on loan the season before. I'm not saying he had an easy job of it considering how this half of the season turned out, but it feels like these players missed out on some valuable minutes and probably done the same job.

Peter Haring definitely feels like an exception rather than the rule. Aside from him and Vanecek, (Amankwaa too?) most of recruitment has been in the UK.

I'm obviously not saying it's an easy task, and we're definitely harder on signings than most other clubs are, but it doesn't feel like we're learning our lessons. We hired 4 to 5 scouts to help with recruitment for last season and our recruiting style doesn't still feel like it's changed much at all in the last 3 seasons.

Absolute Scenes
45 minutes ago, jambo-rocker said:

If we're looking at it from a cover perspective, then why are we signing a player on loan for cover when Baur, Petkov or Hamilton could easily, between the three of them, cover as 4th choice CB? Levein clearly isn't shy to throw a youngster in out from the cold, so I don't see why this should be any different.

It's why I'm sceptical of this loan winger from Leeds, who from what I have read is already quite raw. Surely we can recruit and develop a better winger of our own if he's going to be third choice for now anyway. Is our scouting really that peripherally focused that we can't scout another player in all of Europe that fits this bill, rather than taking all the risk with another winger with less reward than if we found a similar quality player on an 18 month deal?

For someone being quite raw, he still managed 6 goals and a good assist playing for one of the lower dutch teams in the top flight

If we can get him and hammer into him to do the basics of a winger, i.e. run down the wing, get crosses in etc, we could have a gem on our hands

If Milinkovic was to come back though, I'd be taking him over JRG, just as he knows the Scottish game, and was a decent player for us.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
15 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

If we can get him and hammer into him to do the basics of a winger, i.e. run down the wing, get crosses in etc, we could have a gem on our hands.

It worked for Mulraney, fair enough, but who is he crossing it in to?

Absolute Scenes
12 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

It worked for Mulraney, fair enough, but who is he crossing it in to?

Uche, Haring, Lee, Djoum, Naismith etc

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Jay Roy Grot from Leeds

No chance. The guy looks more out of shape than Vanecek!

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Thought we were going for 3/4 players with real quality

Yes, that is what Craig Levein said. 

And after we had already signed Halkett.