Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

?

Thanks. Better answer than Jammy T’s. 

You only needed to have read the article / press release on it to be better informed about it.

If you are going to slag a club initiative it’s best to read up on it first and not rely on posters on here to enlighten you about the topic.

7 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Do you not think these discussions would have taken place well before now ? Would it be good planning to announce a new manager the same week the players come back....fantasy stuff for me.

If budge felt Levein needed to think over whether he wanted to see out his last year over his summer holidays 100%,  it would be daft not to if that was the case. When else would you announce a new manager? Is there a good time to announce one pre season? Would the new man,  if there is one,  not be able to manage if he was announced after the players return? Whats the rules on appointing a new manager pre season? 

6 hours ago, Jammy T said:

You only needed to have read the article / press release on it to be better informed about it.

If you are going to slag a club initiative it’s best to read up on it first and not rely on posters on here to enlighten you about the topic.

Didnt slag it though. Just unclear of its merits. 

Appreciate your setting me straight though. 

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

If budge felt Levein needed to think over whether he wanted to see out his last year over his summer holidays 100%,  it would be daft not to if that was the case. When else would you announce a new manager? Is there a good time to announce one pre season? Would the new man,  if there is one,  not be able to manage if he was announced after the players return? Whats the rules on appointing a new manager pre season? 

The season starts three weeks on Friday, surely any managerial change would have happened immediately after the Scottish Cup Final?

GorgieRules22
2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Common sense would tell you that it would have been better to have a guy in ASAP to start bringing in players etc.....anyway that’s all hypothetical as it’s nothing to do with the coaching set up.

Selkirkhmfc1874
30 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The season starts three weeks on Friday, surely any managerial change would have happened immediately after the Scottish Cup Final?

Why ? Everything's already in place as far as squad of players under contract, friendly fixtures already arranged and players don't return until friday

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Common sense would tell you that it would have been better to have a guy in ASAP to start bringing in players etc.....anyway that’s all hypothetical as it’s nothing to do with the coaching set up.

New guy wouldn't bring in players until he's assessed squad anyway and couldn't do that until they return on Friday 

GorgieRules22
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

New guy wouldn't bring in players until he's assessed squad anyway and couldn't do that until they return on Friday 

But my point is why leave it until now, the day after the cup final Craig Levein said he was looking forward to next season....what’s changed, any talk of this is fantasy stuff.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

But my point is why leave it until now, the day after the cup final Craig Levein said he was looking forward to next season....what’s changed, any talk of this is fantasy stuff.

Like yourself I don't think any announcements will be anything to do with managerial change but if it was it wouldn't be a problem because any new manager wouldn't be working with the players until Friday anyway 

Mr Elwood P
44 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Why ? Everything's already in place as far as squad of players under contract, friendly fixtures already arranged and players don't return until friday

Sounds like Levein has everything under control.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

To be honest, not holding my breath for anything. Very much of the opinion, we are operating on the vague news.

Something might happen in a week in the summer when somebody employed by the football club might say something about something we are not sure of exactly what.

I don't expect people to share info, but I see little point speculating over the above.

We are bored.

Jamboscanbevicius
3 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/neil-mccann-never-left-hearts-16439442

Slow news day or McCann and Hearts trying to smooth a path?

Seems quite a random story.

That is indeed a very random “story”. A pretty mundane tale of a club bid for me and I signed for the from 20 years ago ?

Walter Bishop
6 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/neil-mccann-never-left-hearts-16439442

Slow news day or McCann and Hearts trying to smooth a path?

Seems quite a random story.

Was about to post the same thing. Very strange for this to come out at the beginning of a week when we are expecting a non-transfer big bit of news. 

AlphonseCapone

Is it the same journalist that wrote that article that writes all Hearts articles on Edinburgh Live? If so, I just think it's a case they are on or read JKB.

There has been a few times articles on there link directly to rumours or stories discussed on here, things that aren't discussed anywhere out with a Hearts fans bubble. 

Gene Parmesan
38 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Was about to post the same thing. Very strange for this to come out at the beginning of a week when we are expecting a non-transfer big bit of news. 

It says it's from an interview with Rangers TV.

Getting Neil McCann to do an interview with Rangers TV would be a pretty weird way of hinting that he's going to get a job at Hearts.

Levein is walking around the training pitches just now pointing stuff out to what I'd guess was a player and agent 

3 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Levein is walking around the training pitches just now pointing stuff out to what I'd guess was a player and agent 

Go and get a picture and be quick!!

Gene Parmesan
6 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Now we're sucking diesel :jjyay:

gorgieheart
Just now, jambopilms said:

Not good enough, do it again ?

Looks like curtis main at the back.... he signed for the dons... naw ?  

?

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Not good enough, do it again ?

Back in the house with the dog now.

There's 4 guys training on next pitch as well aidy white definitely and what  looked like keena and 2 younger blokes . 

White was putting a fair Sprint in so hopefully good sign he's getting back to fitness

gorgieheart
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Looks like Mandron ??

Wiki says he is 6ft3 , has CL at 6ft1... if thats CL at front then they are same height ? 

1 minute ago, gorgieheart said:

Wiki says he is 6ft3 , has CL at 6ft1... if thats CL at front then they are same height ? 

David Moyes is 6ft1. :interehjrling:

gorgieheart
2 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

David Moyes is 6ft1. :interehjrling:

Must have been catching some rays  ??

4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Didnt slag it though. Just unclear of its merits. 

Appreciate your setting me straight though. 

No probs. Happy to help.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Looks like Mandron ??

It does actually. As long as the signings are delivered in ascending order

Dagger Is Back
10 minutes ago, Darren said:

Trying to smooth a path by getting Edinburgh Live to publish a story? :lol:

What's amusing Darren? Pray tell

11 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

What's amusing Darren? Pray tell

The idea of Hearts dictating Edinburgh Live's editorial policy.

The idea of Edinburgh Live stories influencing the reaction of Hearts supporters.

Take your pick.

Absolute Scenes
40 minutes ago, jambocub said:

It's worst picture ever 

IMG-20190617-WA0001.jpeg

Charlie Adam is bald and is also 6 ft 1...

3 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

It's all just speculation on here until something is announced or CL is in the dugout at the start of the season.

That said it could quite easily be the case that CL was looking forward to this season as he was planning to only be doing 2 of the 3 jobs he has at the club but only if he/AB could attract the right person to replace CL as manager. Would be no point in saying he's not going to be the manager unless someone else has signed on as the new manager.

15 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Dortmund. 

Getting 4 players on loan a season. 

?

Would rather take 3 players and a loan of the footbonaut for a few months

gorgieheart
4 minutes ago, andy-y said:

Craig Gordon at tynie the now........

and yet the manager is at riccarton.... somebody put the lad on the next 25 !

MaskedMarauder
6 minutes ago, andy-y said:

Craig Gordon at tynie the now........

No he’s not. He reported to Lennoxtown for Celtic preseason today.

Unfortunately! 

13 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Can I ask why you quoted me?

I have said a few times before, I will share the odd thing, can't share everything.

Idiots (like me) sometimes post too much info and it can come back to bite them.

It's a privilege to hear and share little bits. I certainly don't do it for kudos points on here, I share what I am allowed too.

And for the record the shit Daz gets on here is frightening, he has contacts, he doesn't share everything he hears either, like others who have people telling them things. 

Yet when he (or anyone else) lets a wee rumour out they get shot down in flames? 

Is it jealousy because someone is getting snippets any the moaners are not, cos it does happen?

I for one fully appreciate any snippets from you guys, football clubs have so many people working there that it's inevitable that there will be some leaks so it makes perfect sense that they eventually end up on here.

Years and years ago I worked beside someone that was very close to but not employed by the club (ended up skimming 10k off the Willie Bauld trust) and he would occasionally tell me snippets that he would caveat with either an ok to post on here or not. Since leaving that job I've not known anyone involved at the club in any capacity so will happily take whatever info you, notts or daza have 

Absolute Scenes
9 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Looks Albanian.

You're mistaken

Its more of a Romanian stance he has

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You're mistaken

Its more of a Romanian stance he has

Possibly. I wouldn't rule out Algerian though.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry