• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Holyrood_Hearts
43 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Craig was part of the group that discussed it. 

Is this in mind for CL leaving at the end of the season & not this summer?

50 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

Do you think Craig knew they were sounding out his replacement?

Not got a clue 

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Folk seem to think the transfer market is like Champ manager and all above board ?

Aye, and that if we are interested and don't get the player we we never Interested in the first place. 

Not like a player could have several options and choose someone else. 

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Typical. 

Gets his arse handed to him (again) then comes back with shite. 

Think Lafferty was called as well and Naismith. 

Folk don't realise that Hearts might contact dozens of players, even have talks but the player goes elsewhere in the end. 

If the likes of Daz stopped posting snippets they'd be the first complaining about it 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Really? We seem to be able to “afford” the risk on quality like Whigton and Lee though ?‍♂️

Bit harsh on  Lee, Lee contributed a lot last season and far more than Wighton. 

He's no world beater but Contributed more than his fair share. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

If the likes of Daz stopped posting snippets they'd be the first complaining about it 

Some  posters on here just post to moan. 

Whether it is at Hearts, the players, posters, the vast majority of their posts are negative. 

Really is making this place a chore. 

Daz gives a bit info, something interesting and folk have a dig. 

Just because we are interested does not mean that if we don't sign the player we never where or the info was  shite. Players will have options and shock- horror might choose another team. 

A fact folk seem to miss. 

siegementality
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Aye, I'll just go back through my history on chrome, give me 27 weeks to satisfy your petulant wishes.

???

Thought not.

21 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Aye and it's been a shite strategy. Wonder if Walker still has his Rangers scarf? Wee prick. 

He doesn’t even support rangers. Him and all his family support hearts. I personally don’t believe that was even him at the game and even if it was doesn’t necessarily mean he supports them

12 hours ago, clouston1992 said:

I’m curious, did someone tell you McCann isn’t happening? Or is not happening because you think it’s not happening?

McCann is not keen on not being the number 1. So its def more unlikely than likely at the moment

1 minute ago, Roman1874 said:

He doesn’t even support rangers. Him and all his family support hearts. I personally don’t believe that was even him at the game and even if it was doesn’t necessarily mean he supports them

Oh FFS it was clearly him. I've hearts (and hibs) supporting mates that have been to Ibrox & Parkhead. Its nothing new. It doesn't make them, or him a hun. It does make them very strange though :D

This idea that it somehow wasn't is some of the worst ostriching i've ever read. 

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

He kissed their arse when the club were offering to make him our highest paid player and his posse spread false rumours about our offer being insulting. That le vel of disrespect is hars to forgive.

It isn't insurmountable and a fit and motivated JW would be quite an asset but he has it all to do IMO.

5 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

Shame that as he is on the board!

You do realise the ridiculousness of the situation, he argues for & against his own sacking, really!

If he stays on he is not to the liking of around 50% of fans given this forums wonder poll, if he 'goes' and yet retains overall control of the football department he 'pulls the strings' of/ undermines the new manager!

I think that amounts to lose/ lose!

Awful awful and incredibly blinded post

13 hours ago, Roman1874 said:

If it wasn’t for dazajambo and notts then these transfer threads would be pointless as they have had fairly accurate information given to them albeit not being correct all the time, but no one can be 100% until Hearts officially announce the news. So pipe it.

The two go to for sure

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And here we are - another thread gets back to the manager!  It's about transfers.

Some strong moderation required. I mean when Billie gets involved.......

NaturalOrder74

Quick wee look to see if any new players on the radar still the usual whether or not jamie Walker is a jambo patter, back again tomorrow I suppose ?

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Some strong moderation required. I mean when Billie gets involved.......

bd0d5cbc52ece9c7416bd69352139540--wonder-women-gorgeous-women.jpg

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Roman1874 said:

It was him mate, that's not up for dispute. I know he's known to have grown up a Hearts fan but his behaviour when they were sniffing about was disgusting. Can you imagine acting like that when you are employed by the club you love? 

14 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It was him mate, that's not up for dispute. I know he's known to have grown up a Hearts fan but his behaviour when they were sniffing about was disgusting. Can you imagine acting like that when you are employed by the club you love? 

Agreed his old man spouting pish about the new contract as well was ridiculous 

Thought the grass was greener and now he's back with his tail between his legs 

siegementality
1 hour ago, Roman1874 said:

38BC497F-CB57-4178-964C-3DD8B4741920.jpeg

siegementality
37 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

5883D08B-DBEB-4821-A95E-7F315EC27D96.jpeg

Phil Dunphy
51 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Father in law and his best pal (who works at Tynecastle) are/were Rangers supporters.

I used to go to Dundee games with my dad. People do that.

51 minutes ago, siegementality said:

What age is he there? Is that photo even from the same time he was wanting to leave 

Holyrood_Hearts

I’d forgotten about the Sunday Mail opinion article by Scott McDermott (pals with JW’s agent) on Hearts and how JW was being made the scapegoat for Cathro’s tenure being a failure 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/rangers-target-jamie-walker-just-10937058.amp

Edited by Holyrood_Hearts

Berra than you
22 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

What age is he there? Is that photo even from the same time he was wanting to leave 

Not sure when exactly that's taken, but he's visibly younger than when he was linked with them 

Walker isn’t really a risky signing 

I think the question is more - does he take us to top 3 status.

I don’t know the answer to that - I’d like to see our ‘choices’ or short list of potential signings first - but I know I won’t get that....

9 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Walker isn’t really a risky signing 

I think the question is more - does he take us to top 3 status.

I don’t know the answer to that - I’d like to see our ‘choices’ or short list of potential signings first - but I know I won’t get that....

Hearts are capable of elevating themselves to top 3 in a season from 6th. 

Its something we’ve done before but not exactly a massive task as opposed to actually trying to win the league. 

However, you still need a certain quality of player. Imo, Walker is better than some of the options we have just now who are meant to be good attacking players. At same time it’s about the general management and motivation to get the team firing that helps too. 

Bazzas right boot

Walker is a funny one. 

He's a good proven player at this level. 

Intelligent, good feet,  scores goals and can assist. 

Can also do the unexpected. 

However, he has little pace, has been injury prone over the last few years and his behaviour was very strange at the end when he left. 

If he comes he could add to us, but he could quite easily be injured a lot and make no impact, especially as he'd need to hit the ground running. Fans will not be forgiving. 

Can see merit in signing and can also see the merit in avoiding. 

Tough gig, this football management malarkey. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Father in law and his best pal (who works at Tynecastle) are/were Rangers supporters.

Aye, the situations are identical. 

Phil Dunphy
22 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Aye, the situations are identical. 

They don't need to be identical.

People can try and make him out to be some kind of turncoat, when it's pretty clear he's not.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

They don't need to be identical.

People can try and make him out to be some kind of turncoat, when it's pretty clear he's not.

Why use it as an example then, pretty pointless? 

Also, How is him in the rangers end, with a rangers scarf pretty clear he's not a turncoat? 

Not saying he is, but how is it clear he isn't ? 

Phil Dunphy
6 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Why use it as an example then, pretty pointless? 

Also, How is him in the rangers end, with a rangers scarf pretty clear he's not a turncoat? 

Not saying he is, but how is it clear he isn't ? 

I know this discussion will be pretty pointless, what with your blinding hatred for everything Rangers, but him going to a Rangers match, presumably with his father-in-law, hardly makes him a Judas. Especially when that photo was taken well before there was any talk of him going to Ibrox.

Has been to a few Hearts games since he left. People just want to paint him as some kind of pantomime villain, even when he didn't even sign for Rangers.

EDIT: I brought it up to highlight that people can go and watch another team every now and again. Gary Locke certainly didn't hide his face at Tynecastle when he was playing for Bradford/Kilmarnock. Same with Ryan McGowan or Gary Mason (ex-Dunfermline).

Edited by Phil Dunphy

6 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Bit harsh on  Lee, Lee contributed a lot last season and far more than Wighton. 

He's no world beater but Contributed more than his fair share. 

Perhaps. 

I hated the manner surrounding JW’s departure and the fact he downed tools waiting on his move but he could have cruised to the end of the season and left for nowt. We got £300k which I think helped us get Naismith. 

On their game, Lee V Walker?

Walker for me. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Sorry but wearing a scarf from one of the ersecheeks leaves a sour taste. I don't want Walker anywhere near this club again. Plenty better players out there for us to go for. He burnt his bridges with us. 

Rocky jamboa
3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I know this discussion will be pretty pointless, what with your blinding hatred for everything Rangers, but him going to a Rangers match, presumably with his father-in-law, hardly makes him a Judas. Especially when that photo was taken well before there was any talk of him going to Ibrox.

Has been to a few Hearts games since he left. People just want to paint him as some kind of pantomime villain, even when he didn't even sign for Rangers.

EDIT: I brought it up to highlight that people can go and watch another team every now and again. Gary Locke certainly didn't hide his face at Tynecastle when he was playing for Bradford/Kilmarnock. Same with Ryan McGowan or Gary Mason (ex-Dunfermline).

Yes, however, Walker was quite clearly sooking up rangers arse. Posting pictures of rangers flags behind him, his sending off v Aberdeen, so he didn't have to play against them, shaking the rangers managers hand v rangers. That is totally disrespectful to us.  Fair enough if he want to move there but show some respect to the club that pay your wages and gave you your opportunity in football. 

There is no doubt he disrespected us. If he comes back, hes got to win us back over 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Sorry but wearing a scarf from one of the ersecheeks leaves a sour taste. I don't want Walker anywhere near this club again. Plenty better players out there for us to go for. He burnt his bridges with us. 

Here here 

Captain Sausage

There’s pictures of me in a Hibs top with an Eastern European ***** in my face. 

Doesn’t mean I’m Hibs or that I liked clarty Soviet minge in my face. 

There is context to everything. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

All fair, but it's far from obvious that he's not a turn coat. 

In fact most people would think the opposite given the picture. 

Also, unless you where Contracted to Hearts, nearing the end of your Contract and had been linked with a move to Dundee your example is pointless.  It really is. 

I have no feelings towards walker on this either way, I'm just stunned that you think his situation is comparable to yours and that him in a rangers scarf at Ibrox makes it clear he isn't a turn coat. 

Surely it is the opposite? 

Gary Locke is a Hearts fan, so your example, again is pointless. Walker would need to be a rangers fan for it to be similar. 

Not sure if Mason and Ryan are Hearts fans, but if they are, then the above applies to them as well. 

We've had rangers fans play for us before, so I don't really care who he supports tbh. 

If he was with a celtic scarf at parkhead how would you feel. Would your defence be as robust? 

Got to laugh at garbage about wanting him nowhere near club, live with it, welcome back Jamie from all loyal Hearts fans.

IveSeenTheLight
4 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Did you wear a Dundee scarf when you went?

Phil Dunphy
46 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Yes, however, Walker was quite clearly sooking up rangers arse. Posting pictures of rangers flags behind him, his sending off v Aberdeen, so he didn't have to play against them, shaking the rangers managers hand v rangers. That is totally disrespectful to us.  Fair enough if he want to move there but show some respect to the club that pay your wages and gave you your opportunity in football. 

There is no doubt he disrespected us. If he comes back, hes got to win us back over 

So he's not allowed to shake hands with the opposition? That's a weird outlook to have.

And you mean this picture? Look at the caption ffs.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.fd4b88fbd07dca4dce77341b7ea586dd.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

All fair, but it's far from obvious that he's not a turn coat. 

In fact most people would think the opposite given the picture. 

Also, unless you where Contracted to Hearts, nearing the end of your Contract and had been linked with a move to Dundee your example is pointless.  It really is. 

I have no feelings towards walker on this either way, I'm just stunned that you think his situation is comparable to yours and that him in a rangers scarf at Ibrox makes it clear he isn't a turn coat. 

Surely it is the opposite? 

Gary Locke is a Hearts fan, so your example, again is pointless. Walker would need to be a rangers fan for it to be similar. 

Not sure if Mason and Ryan are Hearts fans, but if they are, then the above applies to them as well. 

We've had rangers fans play for us before, so I don't really care who he supports tbh. 

If he was with a celtic scarf at parkhead how would you feel. Would your defence be as robust? 

Gary Mason, Gary Locke and Ryan McGowan were all contracted to a rival club at the time. I doubt there was much outcry from Kilmarnock, Dundee or Dunfermline fans at the time. I'm sure there are other examples of a player contracted by a club, going to watch a different club in that league. It's hardly a big deal to anyone who has the ability to think.

Your point about running down his contract would be valid if the photo was taken around the time of the speculation. But it wasn't, so it's completely pointless. 

Jamie Walker is a Hearts supporter. His whole family supports Hearts.

Phil Dunphy
4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Did you wear a Dundee scarf when you went?

Yup. And a Dundee shirt too.

I wore both to the Scottish Cup Final in 2003.

Edited by Phil Dunphy

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Yup. And a Dundee shirt too.

I wore both to the Scottish Cup Final in 2003.

Fair enough. 

Ive been to a few neutral game sin my time but never worn one of the teams colours.

I don’t understand it, especially for a team in the same league.

That said, as the 2003 was against DeidCo, you may have had some merit ;)

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So he's not allowed to shake hands with the opposition? That's a weird outlook to have.

And you mean this picture? Look at the caption ffs.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.fd4b88fbd07dca4dce77341b7ea586dd.jpeg

Celebrating his rangers boys getting a point?

:clyay:

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Fair enough. 

Ive been to a few neutral game sin my time but never worn one of the teams colours.

I don’t understand it, especially for a team in the same league.

That said, as the 2003 was against DeidCo, you may have had some merit ;)

My dad supported Dundee all his life. My first ever football match was at Dens Park.

I still like to see them do well.