***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

1 minute ago, Barack said:

You've just read that on the other thread, haven't you?

:lol:

There was suppose to be a ‘?’ At the end there ?

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

16 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Now we will see what is happening with Souttar. Though nothing may happen till after his holiday. 

And Djoum. 

16 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

15 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Not a clue about him.

I assume he playing in the African Cup and trying to win a big money deal. 

Nookie Bear

I've performed extensive scouting on Barker and have concluded he is absolutely pish.

File alongside that other winger they had (O'Brien?) who was lightning and apparently going to tear us a new one.

1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

Fingers crossed he’s a clever lad and wants to improve his chances of rea hing a higher level because if he does a few seasons at Hearts is where he should choose, or go to Sunderland and disappear into mediocrity ??

21 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Fingers crossed he’s a clever lad and wants to improve his chances of rea hing a higher level because if he does a few seasons at Hearts is where he should choose, or go to Sunderland and disappear into mediocrity ??

Agree. Depends if the £ signs are too tempting for him at Sunderland! 

Shankland would be an absolute dream right now. Even if he came to us and scored half the goals he did for Ayr, I'd be delighted. 

I keep seeing Giuseppi Rossi and Stephen Ireland on the free agents list on Transfermrkt and can't help but think that surely they'd be worth a phone call?? Rossi has for some big clubs in the past and might be a bit unrealistic but his market value has dropped massively and he has been released by Genoa after failing a drugs test. Don't think his wage demands would be that high on that basis. Ireland has made his money so like Naismith might take a lower offer towards the end of his career, but if Djoum is departing then that must free up a decent amount of money as I think he's one of our higher paid players at the moment.

If we signed all three I would about wet myself. 

Absolute Scenes
20 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Shankland would be an absolute dream right now. Even if he came to us and scored half the goals he did for Ayr, I'd be delighted. 

I keep seeing Giuseppi Rossi and Stephen Ireland on the free agents list on Transfermrkt and can't help but think that surely they'd be worth a phone call?? Rossi has for some big clubs in the past and might be a bit unrealistic but his market value has dropped massively and he has been released by Genoa after failing a drugs test. Don't think his wage demands would be that high on that basis. Ireland has made his money so like Naismith might take a lower offer towards the end of his career, but if Djoum is departing then that must free up a decent amount of money as I think he's one of our higher paid players at the moment.

If we signed all three I would about wet myself. 

Is that Igor's brother?

I mentioned Ireland but was shot down as he's apparently a crock!

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Is that Igor's brother?

I mentioned Ireland but was shot down as he's apparently a crock!

Ahhh true, I forgot about Ireland's leg break. Maybe not worth it then lol, although if he is capable of playing and is anywhere near as decent as he used to be, he'd do a job for us.

Captain Sausage

As much as we rip the piss out of Hibs, their comical tactic of employing rapid wingers who were tinpot footballers but very fast works. 

Look at the joy Mulraney gets when running at people. I’d be open to another speedy winger as I think it would cause teams a lot of bother. 

If teams came to Tynecastle and had to sit on the 18 yard box to stop wingers getting in behind, it means Naismith can operate 30-35 yards out. With 1-2 creative midfielders, we would have a lot more success in opening teams up. 

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

As much as we rip the piss out of Hibs, their comical tactic of employing rapid wingers who were tinpot footballers but very fast works. 

Look at the joy Mulraney gets when running at people. I’d be open to another speedy winger as I think it would cause teams a lot of bother. 

If teams came to Tynecastle and had to sit on the 18 yard box to stop wingers getting in behind, it means Naismith can operate 30-35 yards out. With 1-2 creative midfielders, we would have a lot more success in opening teams up. 

Yes pace can be a good substitute for other footballing deficiencies and excluding Mulraney we don't have many pacy players.

Phil D. Corners
1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

I think these types of players are good just get you out your seat once in a while..... even if they have no end product. 

I thought that’s what Morrison did when he came in as we had not seen that for a while. 

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Exactly. If you have searing pace in your side, teams will adjust to try and stop it. Then in turn leads to opportunities for others.

There is a fear factor around pace.

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'd be happy with that but it's not going to happen, he'll end up at Sunderland if nothing better comes up I reckon.

I can see that actually. 

9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'd be happy with that but it's not going to happen, he'll end up at Sunderland if nothing better comes up I reckon.

Jack Ross and his far reaching scouting network strikes again!

Never Let Them Forget
17 minutes ago, OTT said:

Jack Ross and his far reaching scouting network strikes again!

You scout the market your knowledgeable in surely? Can’t see why he should be criticized for it.

Thought Police
16 minutes ago, Barack said:

Well, those thinking we should go after Turnbull should move on at least.

Signing for Celtic. Motherwell record fee agreed.

Did people actually think Hearts were in a position to get him? Better up their DDs then.

30 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

You scout the market your knowledgeable in surely? Can’t see why he should be criticized for it.

Well he failed to get Sunderland promoted using that approach. 

You think he should be praised for that? 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well he failed to get Sunderland promoted using that approach. 

You think he should be praised for that? 

Watched Sunderland a lot last season,absolutely chronic.

Phil Dunphy

Bet Brendan Rodgers is a bit pissed off. They won't stump up £1.5m for McGinn for him, but they'll pay £3m for Turnbull for popcorn teeth?

Delighted to learn that he signed a new contract with Motherwell this generating a large fee.

Wish they would all to that to pay back the club that brought them through the ranks.

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Bet Brendan Rodgers is a bit pissed off. They won't stump up £1.5m for McGinn for him, but they'll pay £3m for Turnbull for popcorn teeth?

Though if Turnbull gets loaned out he's been bought for the next manager. 

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Gorillajam said:

Read on facebook that Aberdeen are trying to hijack the Naismith deal.

???

Thanks, needed a bit cheering up this morning.

Utter drivel.

Apparently they are offering to match the £10k p/w we pay Clare. ☹️

?

You post about Aberdeen a lot. McKenna being better than Souttar and Berra was a personal highlight. ?

9 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Still bemuses me they thought they could bully Hibs into taking 1.5m. They've been doing it for years and you've got to give petrie credit for telling them to bolt and even more credit for not re investing the Mcginn money back into the team 

:lol: They've absolutely no chance, Naismith is a Hearts man :)

Just now, DG_HMFC said:

He reads a lot of Aberdeen forums.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

The fact he left for Leicester would confirm this. 

Shame.... 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Only rangers would be an option I reckon. 

Aberdeen ready to spend almost £1.5m  in wages on two Hearts players apparently...... ?

Doyle and Godinho releases?? Gordon maybe is coming back then! That’s good news if true ??

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Naisy ****ing hates the sheep ?

This

He absolutely loved scoring against them last season and the season before

33 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He reads a lot of Aberdeen forums.

He does indeed. A whiff of Sheep Dip there.

I’m happy with the Naismith situation, we all know about his contract situation with Norwich and he’ll sign for us at the end of the month.

3 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Solid poster ?

tartofmidlothian
4 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

Doyle and Godinho releases?? Gordon maybe is coming back then! That’s good news if true ??

Where's this from?