***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

I'm relaxed.. still plenty of time. 

Yes there is a little time but anybody we bring in would be better getting a full pre season with the squad as we have seen the results of players coming in and being unable to hit the ground running.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Could it be that people are having a wee break before pre-season begins?  They could of course sub contract player recruitment to JKB and then we'd be sure of having a team of world beaters.

Wasn’t there a lot of recruitment already in place this time last year?  Uche, Garcuccio, Edwards, MacLean, Zlamal and Lee certainly had signed by now. 

21 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

The lack of player movement or news of potential movement both in and out is worrying.  At the moment it is all about selling season tickets and Betfred hospitality and tickets but so far silent on how we intend to sort the shambles on the park.  I thought a statement reviewing the season would have been released by now. 

I think we need to get rid of players before we buy anyone else. As I said before I wouldn't be adverse to no one signed except Naismith and Halkett and the players working on shape and transition throughout pre season. No more speculative projects and no more back up signings please, let's see how we can develop the players we have and give our younger players opportunities.

Edited by Jodami

3 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Yes there is a little time but anybody we bring in would be better getting a full pre season with the squad as we have seen the results of players coming in and being unable to hit the ground running.

I think it's partly due to fact we are only looking at adding in a few quality players this summer.  Last year was a squad overhaul so it was a mixture of getting bodies in as well as quality.  The reality is that we will be looking at players who will have a number of options open to them at the moment so will take longer to get them to sign on the dotted line.  Last thing Levein will want to be doing right now is signing a player on over inflated wages and realise in a months time there's 2 or 3 better options out there that we could have signed.

13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe it’s just his bad side?

0C0AD24A-BEEE-4091-9784-4EABCD7E1A33.jpeg

Boy will never be stuck for a bottle opener.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Add Gerrard to the clueless list then

Mark Allen more like. Not saying Gerrard isn’t also clueless however. Kent and Defoe the only two definite Gerrard signings, the other boy on loan from Liverpool as well actual, the rest will be Mark Allen signings or “recommendations”. Scott Arfield signed for Rangers having never spoken to Gerrard. I’d be very shocked if Steven Gerrard wanted Jordan’s Jones, Kamara, Jake Hastie etc when you consider he was trying to bring Solanke and Lalana to Ibrox. My friend claims to know people on the Rangers board and he reckons there are tensions between Allen and Gerrard and he wouldn’t be surprised to see Allen out this summer. I did find it weird to see Allen down on the touch line in the dying minutes of the last old firm game at Ibrox, something the media wouldn’t have missed if it was Levein with Cathro. He took part in the end of season walk round. 

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I think we need to get rid of players before we buy anyone else. As I said before I wouldn't be adverse to no one signed except Naismith and Halkett and the players working on shape and transition throughout pre season. No more speculative projects and no more back up signings please, let's see how we can develop the players we have and give our younger players opportunities.

I see what you are saying but I would fear another season of mediocrity if we relied on that policy.  We definitely need to move players on so it is whether that is possible or not.

i wish jj was my dad
26 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

The lack of player movement or news of potential movement both in and out is worrying.  At the moment it is all about selling season tickets and Betfred hospitality and tickets but so far silent on how we intend to sort the shambles on the park.  I thought a statement reviewing the season would have been released by now. 

Nonsense. You are at it 

GorgieFifeLife
2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

I think it's partly due to fact we are only looking at adding in a few quality players this summer.  Last year was a squad overhaul so it was a mixture of getting bodies in as well as quality.  The reality is that we will be looking at players who will have a number of options open to them at the moment so will take longer to get them to sign on the dotted line.  Last thing Levein will want to be doing right now is signing a player on over inflated wages and realise in a months time there's 2 or 3 better options out there that we could have signed.

Fair point it could very well be that. Hope we get it right this summer.

2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I have high hopes for Anthony McDonald and Connor Smith. Dario Zannatta and Calumn Morrison could also potentially contribute to the first team in the coming season as well. But I do think we need to add a couple of creative players, or else we wont push on beyond our current position.

Jambo, Goodbye
4 minutes ago, Haken said:

Boy will never be stuck for a bottle opener.

Or firewood. 

11 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

We still have 10 days before the players are back and about 2 months till season starts. 

I believe the squad we have today, including Naismith, should progress in betfred cup.  

3 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I see what you are saying but I would fear another season of mediocrity if we relied on that policy.  We definitely need to move players on so it is whether that is possible or not.

At some point you have to take the players you have signed that you have identified as being promising, develop them and give them a chance. That means a proper period of time (2 seasons) and finding the right shape to play. Constantly changing all the time and bringing in loans is not helpful. These players were recruited by the manager with some kind of vision in mind and it should be delivered to understand how successful it is going to be. There should be scope to play our promising young players instead of bringing in ordinary journeymen to fill gaps.

gorgieheart
28 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

aye ok then !

jesus wept, seriously need to loosen the chino's a little... 

plenty time !

Selkirkhmfc1874
43 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I'm sure there's lots going on behind the scenes ! Just relax and show some patience 

41 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Still time although I would hope there would be some movement before they return for pre season training on the 21st June.

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

That's a bit harsh. Most players, managers, agents, directors etc likely to take a few weeks off at this time, however, I'm sure there is work going on behind the scenes and, as has been the case the last few transfer windows, we keep our transfer business private, until they're signed up. 

Also, we've so far got rid of sammon and Martin so a good start!

1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

We're only targeting 3 or 4 key positions this season so we won't see the constant announcements of the last few seasons. Hopefully a good sign we're taking our time to get the best signings. Also, a lot of people in football are on holiday now. Crazy as this sounds, they have families and lives and things, too.

As for outs, there's not going to be an exodus of players this season either. From regular first team players, I'm guessing only Lee and McLean might depart if they get offers.

Edited by Guest

Pasquale for King

I think we are back in trading next week, it would be good to get signings in before then. It depends on the circumstances though, this is the small window that most football folk are on holidays.

Levein was extremely busy last summer and it’s likely to have impacted on his health, hopefully he’s had a decent break this year (maybe on Ann’s orders) and is refreshed and raring to go. 

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

If Rangers want him then I think that one's finished I think

They can obviously pay more than us. No point trying to compete

That's the depressing reality

Not really

Depressing for their fans that that is their market now.

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Add Gerrard to the clueless list then

Whats his success rate with signings.

Map it out please - should be easy as it’s one season.

A lot of his signings have contributed **** all.

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Mark Allen more like. Not saying Gerrard isn’t also clueless however. Kent and Defoe the only two definite Gerrard signings, the other boy on loan from Liverpool as well actual, the rest will be Mark Allen signings or “recommendations”. Scott Arfield signed for Rangers having never spoken to Gerrard. I’d be very shocked if Steven Gerrard wanted Jordan’s Jones, Kamara, Jake Hastie etc when you consider he was trying to bring Solanke and Lalana to Ibrox. My friend claims to know people on the Rangers board and he reckons there are tensions between Allen and Gerrard and he wouldn’t be surprised to see Allen out this summer. I did find it weird to see Allen down on the touch line in the dying minutes of the last old firm game at Ibrox, something the media wouldn’t have missed if it was Levein with Cathro. He took part in the end of season walk round. 

Gerrard won't be at Rangers beyond next season. 

Phil D. Corners
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Off topic... would be last longer then Lennon? 

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Nonsense. You are at it 

It's fairly obvious.  Low number of posts.  Same negative drivel.

28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Agree. Be gone when they get knocked out the league cup or the europa league 

24 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Agree. Be gone when they get knocked out the league cup or the europa league 

It's the typical stepping stone job- 2 years for the ambitious. Happens everywhere, every workplace. 

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Tbh I don't Lennon wouldn't last long at rangers. 

Alex Kintner
56 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I make it he made twenty signings last season and I’d bet Rangers fans considered less than half of them any good.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

It's the typical stepping stone job- 2 years for the ambitious. Happens everywhere, every workplace. 

Yip, he'll be hoping he can win the league and his stock will soar. 

Problem is, finishing 2nd won't help him at all. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I make it he made twenty signings last season and I’d bet Rangers fans considered less than half of them any good.

Too simple imo. 

His signings got second and more points than the previous season. 

Also beat celtic twice. 

It's a team game and they improved and made overall Progress. 

Fans imo dissect everything too much. 

Every team will have individual successes and failures, especially like us they had an overhaul. 

The team performance is the important factor imo. 

The question for them and us is that after the first full season in charge can he build on it. 

We seem to have a more settled core, rangers are looking at a complete rebuild again, especially if they sell a couple. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yip, he'll be hoping he can win the league and his stock will soar. 

Problem is, finishing 2nd won't help him at all. 

The weird thing is his stock is high now. Folk in the English media genuinely believe that his “success” at Rangers made Rodgers jump ship. Same boat as Lampard being talked up for the Chelsea job, English media desperate for “legends” of the game to make top coaches. Gerrard has been a disaster for Rangers as any decent manager would’ve had them ahead of Celtic this season as Celtic have been a shambles in comparison to years gone past. 

31 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

And the good ones were largely favours from Liverpool or his mates.

34 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Too simple imo. 

His signings got second and more points than the previous season. 

Also beat celtic twice. 

It's a team game and they improved and made overall Progress. 

Fans imo dissect everything too much. 

Every team will have individual successes and failures, especially like us they had an overhaul. 

The team performance is the important factor imo. 

The question for them and us is that after the first full season in charge can he build on it. 

We seem to have a more settled core, rangers are looking at a complete rebuild again, especially if they sell a couple. 

Well, after years of underachieving Gerrard got them to second - with their overwhelmingly second highest budget.

He also got favours from friends in high places - fair dues.

They didn’t get to a cup final and their points were not significantly higher than last season when they had a joke Mexican as manager for a bit, the disruption of a change in managers part way through the season, and the “where is he now” Graeme Murty in charge thereafter.

So “progress” is all relative.

Edited by Jammy T

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Jammy T said:

Well, after years of underachieving Gerrard got them to second - with their overwhelmingly second highest budget.

They didn’t get to a cup final and their points were not significantly higher than last season when they had a joke Mexican as manager for a bit, the disruption of a change in managers part say through the season, and the “where is he now” Graeme Murty in charge thereafter.

It's clearly progress, it's not relative. It's progress on the previous season. 

Better in league, more points. 

Anyway, cba argueing about rangers or defending them. 

All I'm saying is fans will dissect everything and by nature criticise the faults. All fair, but overall rangers have improved from the previous season. 

His signings were part of that Progress so his signing policy, at least in part was a success. 

Like everyone else they'll want to move forward again, the problem is so will celtic, Aberdeen, us etc. 

That's what it's all about tho! 

The funny thing is, the two teams that have went backwards have hardly got a mention. 

Aberdeen, dropped two places. 

Hibs dropped one. 

Both got far less points. 

Celtic got the treble treble done so they won't be arsed. 

Rangers, Hearts, Killie all made progress in some shape or form. 

All lag measures, tho. So become irrelevant quickly as circumstances change.  Killie for example, even although imo the best performing last season, won't be looking forward to this season that much at the moment . Aberdeen will be a bit apprehensive as well. 

Hearts, Hibs along with Rangers  will be quietly confident going forward. 

27 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

They didn’t get to a cup final and their points were not significantly higher than last season when they had a joke Mexican as manager for a bit, the disruption of a change in managers part way through the season, and the “where is he now” Graeme Murty in charge thereafter.

Watching Rangers last season they have clearly improved and now believe they can beat Celtic. If they can keep Kent,  Tavernier & Morelos then add a good centre half they will believe they can stop Celtics run. Celtic on the other hand for the first time in years are under massive pressure with a big rebuild needed. And I’m delighted Lennon is in charge .?

Rangers aren’t the only ones needing to rebuild. Most clubs in our division are much the same. 

They’ll lose top performers, have a smattering of loans who come and go and sign a few permanents.  

Good management has probably never been more important. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

:lol:

Surprised anyone still thinks the managers at Celtic and Rangers have the biggest say about signings. The press have chosen to ignore the multiple examples of ‘board signings’ over the years, even when there’s not even been a manager in place, or in Gordon's case, Deila just plain stating that he hasdn’t really seen much of him. Not so with us though... 

“Who picks the TEAM??”

:wow:

Arseholes.

Holyrood_Hearts
5 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Do we normally do a statement reviewing the season? 

Im not worried about player recruitment, There’s no great panic to get players in just yet. 

7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Surprised anyone still thinks the managers at Celtic and Rangers have the biggest say about signings. The press have chosen to ignore the multiple examples of ‘board signings’ over the years, even when there’s not even been a manager in place, or in Gordon's case, Deila just plain stating that he hasdn’t really seen much of him. Not so with us though... 

“Who picks the TEAM??”

:wow:

Arseholes.

And pretty poor it is not questioned 

25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And pretty poor it is not questioned 

It’s very poor, but it’s lapped up by ****ing morons everywhere, including the ones in our own support.

rick witter
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Rangers aren’t the only ones needing to rebuild. Most clubs in our division are much the same. 

They’ll lose top performers, have a smattering of loans who come and go and sign a few permanents.  

Good management has probably never been more important. 

That’s us screwed then 

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Do we normally do a statement reviewing the season? 

Im not worried about player recruitment, There’s no great panic to get players in just yet. 

Yes we do normally review the season. I think the club needs to justify retaining the manager and state what they intend to do to rectify the state of the team on the park. I think we need to move on a number of players, if possible, and bring in the few quality players which has already been stated. The squad is bloated with players who are not good enough and there seems to be a misplaced confidence that this group of players should just sail through the Betfred Group which I find staggering as we have done nothing to justify such confidence.