• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Portable Badger
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe it’s just his bad side?

0C0AD24A-BEEE-4091-9784-4EABCD7E1A33.jpeg

Tell me his nickname is not Beaver !!!

hmfc_liam06

Spoke to a Leeds fan at work. Says Grot wasn't mentally ready for Leeds/move to England so was loaned back to Holland. Also says he is an absolute unit and got a decent bit of pace.

Definitely a striker/right winger.

26 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Spoke to a Leeds fan at work. Says Grot wasn't mentally ready for Leeds/move to England so was loaned back to Holland. Also says he is an absolute unit and got a decent bit of pace.

Sounds interesting and one that would be potentially exciting. Sounds like it would be a loan if anything.

Absolute Scenes
10 hours ago, HillmanHearts said:

From the Wiki blurb, it sounds like he's had a rough time at Leeds but a decent loan spell last year back in Holland.

Big athletic lad who can play through the middle or out wide.

Dare I say " would be a bit of a punt "

He’s valued at £1,000,000 so I’d imagine he’d be more than a punt! Having said that the kickback way (or my way at least) is to get too excited about players and then they under perform...

however this lad looks a unit, a unit with pace. What we need out wide 

44 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

He is certainly a unit going by this pic

jayroy_grot_r_of_leeds_united_vies_for_the_ball_with_htike_aung__778065.jpg

8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/noel-whelan-issues-brutally-honest-verdict-on-leeds-united-player/

Noel Whelan saying that Leeds should just get rid of Jay-Roy Got as they need someone who will make an impact now. Also says Bielsa is going to give him a chance over the summer to prove himself. 

Leeds are trying to get Ryan Kent in on loan which could be a double boost, increases our chances of getting Grot and massively weakens der hun!

18 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Big physical wingers are just what we're missing :th_love:

26 minutes ago, How's my driving said:

Wish we would look at the lower Spanish league, had not a bad return from there

Or Austria. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
42 minutes ago, How's my driving said:

Wish we would look at the lower Spanish league, had not a bad return from there

France and Italy as well. 

No more Martins though..

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Sounds interesting and one that would be potentially exciting. Sounds like it would be a loan if anything.

Yeah I doubt Leeds will be giving up on him. Although a loan with a view to a permanent transfer may not be out of the question.

Uche up top with Grot right, Mulraney left and Naismith in behind looks like it could be a really decent prospect.

14 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Afriye Acqua ? ...surely one of these is right.

Used to sign him for Hearts on FIFA all the time.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Obligatory YouTube compilation.

millerjames398
14 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Afriye Acqua ? ...surely one of these is right.

Just read his wiki,,read he started at glentoran and thought at least he has a bit of experience in the British game, turns out theres a glentoran football academy in Ghana, learn somethin new every day....

Not sure the loan market is a particularly good way to go unless its proven quality coming in like Naismith.

Dunne was a good acquisition but our defence never really recovered from him leaving and Mitchell/Shaughnessy were a waste of time last season.  

Would much rather we developed our own players.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Tell me his nickname is not Beaver !!!

Quote possibly ?

19 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I think you may have to start a separate thread although I've no doubt the CL haters will divert and pollute that as well/

Al you really need to try and differentiate between hatred and criticism.

The Future's Maroon
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Sevco after Magennis now.?

But he was a huddy when first mentioned for us, according to some on here...is he now not a huddy as those cretins are allegedly sniffing about?!

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

But he was a huddy when first mentioned for us, according to some on here...is he now not a huddy as those cretins are allegedly sniffing about?!

Hes pretty much still a huddy tbh. 

9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Sevco after Magennis now.?

Agent at it there. No way is he a target for them after the Lafferty experience, they are looking for higher quality. Be delighted if Kent goes to Leeds, that would be a massive blow. 

Edited by Jodami

The Future's Maroon
5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Hes pretty much still a huddy tbh. 

?

Seymour M Hersh
17 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Currently in talks with Leeds about getting Jay-Roy Grot on loan for next season. 

Getting in shape with Uche! 

th.jpeg

10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe it’s just his bad side?

0C0AD24A-BEEE-4091-9784-4EABCD7E1A33.jpeg

Richard Clayderman would get a good tune out of those gnashers.  

rudi must stay

If Rangers want him then I think that one's finished I think

They can obviously pay more than us. No point trying to compete

That's the depressing reality

The Future's Maroon
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

If Rangers want him then I think that one's finished I think

They can obviously pay more than us. No point trying to compete

That's the depressing reality

Can they afford too tho?

Still acting the billy big baws that lot, spending/wasting millions on flops/wages/countless court cases etc

Let them offer him 15k a week to give them that old comfort blanket that they are big time!

What gets me is TheRangers are ready to "swoop" why don't we ever swoop, why are we only ever "interested"?

mad Budge oot and all that 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Seen Grot a few times. Initially looked very exciting, hard to explain, seemed as if he had the tools, but he just didn't know how to use them. Needs a good bit of coaching I would say, but to me would be very much a replacement for Uche.

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

Grot looks decent... from his you tube clip!

Looks similar style to osman sow I thought. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Looks similar style to osman sow I thought. 

Mark De Vries as well. Quite a few managers have seen him now at Leeds and not wanted him. Unlike Sow or De Vries, Grot seems to lack control of his limbs, Ngoo like sadly in that respect. Got ability but his body needs trained if that makes sense

Inch Hearts
29 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Add Gerrard to the clueless list then

He did bring that other forward to rangers last summer that fell over when round the goalie in the LC Semi against Aberdeen. 

Jambo, Goodbye
25 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Seen Grot a few times. Initially looked very exciting, hard to explain, seemed as if he had the tools, but he just didn't know how to use them. Needs a good bit of coaching I would say, but to me would be very much a replacement for Uche.

That's exactly how many were describing Mulraney when he first signed. So he might fit the bill,  in terms of the type we seem to go for the days. 

Potential project,  etc.. 

1 minute ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

That's exactly how many were describing Mulraney when he first signed. So he might fit the bill,  in terms of the type we seem to go for the days. 

There is still talk Leeds want him to do their pre season so they can properly assess him. They have a trip to Australia. So could be after League Cup group if he comes. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
32 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

He did bring that other forward to rangers last summer that fell over when round the goalie in the LC Semi against Aberdeen. 

Very true

32 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I would say he would be a project. Very raw but a lot of potential. Like a racehorse needing its cock cut off

Alex Kintner

Two important jobs in this window:

1. Get Naismith signed up

2. Sign at least two creative attacking players

Mulraney we are developing for ourselves, not convinced about developing project players for other teams' benefit. 

GorgieFifeLife

The lack of player movement or news of potential movement both in and out is worrying.  At the moment it is all about selling season tickets and Betfred hospitality and tickets but so far silent on how we intend to sort the shambles on the park.  I thought a statement reviewing the season would have been released by now. 

HEARTS FOREVER
1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

The lack of player movement or news of potential movement both in and out is worrying.  At the moment it is all about selling season tickets and Betfred hospitality and tickets but so far silent on how we intend to sort the shambles on the park.  I thought a statement reviewing the season would have been released by now. 

I have to agree.

Horatio Caine
9 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Could it be that people are having a wee break before pre-season begins?  They could of course sub contract player recruitment to JKB and then we'd be sure of having a team of world beaters.

9 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I'm relaxed.. still plenty of time. 

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Could it be that people are having a wee break before pre-season begins?  They could of course sub contract player recruitment to JKB and then we'd be sure of having a team of world beaters.

This period in the lead up to the start of pre-season training is very important. You need to strike quickly in many cases to get the players you want.  I would suggest if they are having a wee break then they are possibly picking the worst time of the year to do so. The only people having a break should be the players.  It's all very well wanting to sell sell sell but we need to see some positive changes on the playing front.