• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Ready to be cleansed 

:greggy:

They will want a fee if we are interested.

Cruyff Turn
5 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

Halkett and Naismith probably the only players to be signed up this summer, even Daza and Notts have no info

Nah. Another 4 minimum.

The Treasurer
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They will want a fee if we are interested.

Could always chuck some change towards the away dugout next time they are at Tynie :D

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Could always chuck some change towards the away dugout next time they are at Tynie :D

Don’t tempt fate ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

Halkett and Naismith probably the only players to be signed up this summer, even Daza and Notts have no info

Do you want a rod :rofl:

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Olly Lee considering leaving. Unhappy with the lack of first team football. 

Apart from free kicks and corners he offers little, I know that’s a huge part of our game plan but it’s not the NFL where he can wheeled on and off. Surely someone else can take Macphees corners and free kicks.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Apart from free kicks and corners he offers little, I know that’s a huge part of our game plan but it’s not the NFL where he can wheeled on and off. Surely someone else can take Macphees corners and free kicks.

I would guess about a third of all our goals come from set pieces. It’s important to have someone who can put in a decent delivery.

Brighton Jambo

We should be going after Craig Gordon big time, pull on the Heart strings and persuade him to come home for one last spell with his boyhood club, as per Berra.

He is a recent international goalkeeper, hugely experienced, and absolutely gets what playing for Hearts means.  Goalkeeper is a position we need an upgrade and I personally don't think there is any chance we find a better option elsewhere for free or within our budget. 

10 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Wouldn’t be against Olly leaving.

I like him, think he’s been very positive about us as a club but I just don’t think he’s good enough.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

I would guess about a third of all our goals come from set pieces. It’s important to have someone who can put in a decent delivery.

Definitely but he needs to contribute in the rest of the game. I think his 16 assists are up there with the best in Europe.

Bad Religion
3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

We should be going after Craig Gordon big time, pull on the Heart strings and persuade him to come home for one last spell with his boyhood club, as per Berra.

He is a recent international goalkeeper, hugely experienced, and absolutely gets what playing for Hearts means.  Goalkeeper is a position we need an upgrade and I personally don't think there is any chance we find a better option elsewhere for free or within our budget. 

Agree 100%

Pasquale for King

Coaching role involved too like the deal for Naismith.

Cruyff Turn
13 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

:yas:

tokyowalnut
13 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Not doubting you, but if he is considering leaving after 1 season I'd question his ambition and work ethic. Surely you would come back buzzing at pre season and make sure you're first pick. He should be using his break to work on some speed work. I like him, he's just a bit slow on the ball.

Cruyff Turn
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Christ, we can find another professional footballer to kick a ball reasonably well from the corner flag. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Samuel Camazzola
17 hours ago, OTT said:

Gboly Ariyibi looks good from youtube, but then they all do

He looks a strong runner with the ball that can actually beat his man. Seems a good choice on the surface. Shame we don't have any well fans that post on here for their take. 

Pa Kujabi is the exception. Regularly appears on You Tube and gets worse every time he's viewed. 

15 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Find this reason baffling, he's Hearts most used player this season.. maybe he knows he's not good enough for the team next season.

Brighton Jambo
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think his contribution has been massively under valued.  People seem to overlook the fact that only POTY Naismith contributed to more league goals than Lee. 

He has scored important cup goals, mainly the the goal against Motherwell in the quarter final but also the away win at Dunfermline that kicked off the league cup run.  He also changed the game in the second half against ICT including a sublime piece of skill for the penalty incident. 

And not forgetting his goal in the win at Easter road.

Personally I think he is another example of our fans getting ahead of ourselves and expecting too much.  His first season in our league, he has clearly contributed but fans cant wait to see the back of him.

Pasquale for King

I think his contribution has been massively under valued.  People seem to overlook the fact that only POTY Naismith contributed to more league goals than Lee. 

He has scored important cup goals, mainly the the goal against Motherwell in the quarter final but also the away win at Dunfermline that kicked off the league cup run.  He also changed the game in the second half against ICT including a sublime piece of skill for the penalty incident. 

Personally I think he is another example of our fans getting ahead of ourselves and expecting too much.  His first season in our league, he has clearly contributed but fans cant wait to see the back of him.

I think the first half of the season he was much better definitely, only Mulraney and Clare improved i suppose after January.

It’s hard to say whether someone else taking the free kicks and corners would’ve had the same stats. 

I did think he was a bit slow when I first saw him, poor control and doesn’t go with runners. 

His performance in the Semi final encapsulates us as a team, he was awful in the first half but great in the 2nd. It was ICT though who shipped 8 goals in two games to us.

I still don’t think anyone knows his best position, he’s played everywhere apart from the base in a diamond where he played at Luton apparently.

A good player in a good team, not sure if we would particularly miss him if he left though.

Roland Rat
36 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

That is fantastic news. Hopefully it comes to fruition 

gorgieheart
1 hour ago, Roman1874 said:

Its only 5th June....

Patience young Padawan....

More ins and outs there will be !

31 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Christ, we can find another professional footballer to kick a ball reasonably well from the corner flag. 

You would think that something like that would be really easy but Olly Lee is the first player I've seen in a number of years that can consistently beat the first man.

Remember when we had to endure Michael Stewart floating corner after floating corner going straight into the keepers hands?

Nookie Bear
33 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Yes.

He needs players around him to create space for him to operate in (back to Naismith again!), but no way should we be looking to move him on. Especially if Djoum leaves.

Nookie Bear
53 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I don't buy that. He played more games than anyone last season and would have started a Cup Final had he not been injured.

Roland Rat
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don't buy that. He played more games than anyone last season and would have started a Cup Final had he not been injured.

He's slower than a week in Saughton 

Brighton Jambo

Not to derail the topic and honestly not a dig an Levein but I think a number of our players would benefit from a bit more consistency in formation.  I think Lee is a very real example of that and arguably Clare too.  Hearts most successful recent season 2006 and Championship year we had a settled formation which we could almost all name and 8/9 of the 11 who would start in that formation.

As another poster says Lee looked good at the start of the season when we seemed a lot more settled and I think that suited him.  If we settle on a formation that plays to Lee's strengths then I think he has a genuine contribution to make next season.   

Absolute Scenes
14 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Not to derail the topic and honestly not a dig an Levein but I think a number of our players would benefit from a bit more consistency in formation.  I think Lee is a very real example of that and arguably Clare too.  Hearts most successful recent season 2006 and Championship year we had a settled formation which we could almost all name and 8/9 of the 11 who would start in that formation.

As another poster says Lee looked good at the start of the season when we seemed a lot more settled and I think that suited him.  If we settle on a formation that plays to Lee's strengths then I think he has a genuine contribution to make next season.   

I agree...but we had a very consistent team at the start before the injuries hit. Our starting line up was almost the same each week bar a few changes here and there. That's what we need next season, is a consistent shape and team

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

Cheerio. Not good enough to be a regular first team starter.

Deans Jambo
22 minutes ago, Roland Rat said:

He's slower than a week in Saughton 

If he had everything he wouldn't be at Hearts,  sometimes we forget that!

Selkirkhmfc1874

He'll only be leaving if hearts get deal we want because he's still got 2 years to run on contract 

Phil Dunphy

I like Lee. He’s another that was doing well in our great start to the season. 

He’s had his first season in Scotland. Let’s see how he manages in his second before waving him off out the door. 

1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

Find this reason baffling, he's Hearts most used player this season.. maybe he knows he's not good enough for the team next season.

He has been on the bench a lot in the 2nd half of the season. 

Maybe frustrated watching Luton smash their way to the English Championship.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

this

2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Yep but still the player with most involvement over the course of a season can't complain about lack of game time.  I think he's a decent player and hope he stays but he's not got the engine to play consistently for a whole season.

42 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He has been on the bench a lot 2nd half of the season. 

Edited by TheOak88

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Yep but still the player with most involvement over the course of a season can't complain about lack of game time.  I think he's a decent player and hope he stays but he's not got the engine to play consistently for a whole season.

He’s contributed a lot to the season and scored and assisted a lot of major moments and goals then he found himself on the bench because of the style of play we play.  He’s not got the pace or the energy in the middle to support hoofs up to forwards or get down the wing and he’s not going to displace the dig and awareness Haring has in his position.  If we played in a way that he could pick a pass in the middle of the pitch he would be a good player going forward.  It really depends on next seasons tactics. 

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I’m not sure about that, who wound he have replaced? If that was the case the Bozanic should’ve played at Celtic as he was only cover for Haring who says his injury was fine.

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Fair point, but Macphee wants the team changed to use players that should do well against certain teams and we have a squad seemingly incapable of being available for selection.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I think that’s what I was trying to say but not in my usual argumentative and aggressive style ???.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair point, but Macphee wants the team changed to use players that should do well against certain teams and we have a squad seemingly incapable of being available for selection.

Do you know this for certain regarding MacPhee, as in, has he come out and said "I want to change the team to use players that should do well against certain teams"?

rudi must stay
15 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I like Lee. He’s another that was doing well in our great start to the season. 

He’s had his first season in Scotland. Let’s see how he manages in his second before waving him off out the door. 

If he isn't happy he can go in my opinion. We've given him a nice platform in a good league, he should be trying to fight his way back into the team. That would be the right attitude 

Anyway Cochrane could replace him easily 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Really missed him then ?

The Treasurer

There goes 90% of the young team's (acceptable) song book :sad:

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

????

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Do you know this for certain regarding MacPhee, as in, has he come out and said "I want to change the team to use players that should do well against certain teams"?

I’m only going with what Levein has said, that he picks teams based on who Macphees analysis indicates should do well against certain teams. I don’t necessarily agree.