***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I would argue that some of our players were not as mentally strong as hibs players

You'd probably be best getting your tin hat on after that bold statement. Well done for us sustained run of three posts without asking a question, even if they all seem to have a strangely pro-Hibs tinge to them!

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Jambo 4 Ever
7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You'd probably be best getting your tin hat on after that bold statement. Well done for us sustained run of three posts without asking a question, even if they all seem to have a strangely pro-Hibs tinge to them!

entitled to you opinion...

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Shankland has offers from Rangers, Hibs, Sunderland and boro. 

Any chat for us Daza? 

Jambo 4 Ever
3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

If he is a Rangers fan, then that's who he will pick, if he were to stay in Scotland, surely!

4 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Sorry but I find it hard to believe rangers have made an offer for shankland 

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, theshed said:

Why?  It would just be like them to hoover up a promising, potentially dangerous player so that other teams cannot get him.  I f he does move there then he'd better check his arse for splinters as he will get next to zero playing time..

Holyrood_Hearts
14 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I would argue that some of our players were not as mentally strong as hibs players

When did the Hibs players have to show mental toughness? Sorry I know you hate a question 

Leveins Battalion

Let's be honest,nobody is really in the know are they?

Levein himself won't know who we are signing yet as he and the players concerned are

away on holiday and they've problaby not made up their own minds yet.

Maybe after McCann is appointed and Naismith is announced as a coach we can make

some announcements on players...

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, theshed said:

If they signed Shankland, Jones, Hastie and Stewart whilst losing Morelos and Kent that would be 10 in a row almost guaranteed for Celtic!

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If they signed Shankland, Jones, Hastie and Stewart whilst losing Morelos and Kent that would be 10 in a row almost guaranteed for Celtic!

Curious approach.

And who is making the signings for Rangers? 

14 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Let's be honest,nobody is really in the know are they?

Levein himself won't know who we are signing yet as he and the players concerned are

away on holiday and they've problaby not made up their own minds yet.

Maybe after McCann is appointed and Naismith is announced as a coach we can make

some announcements on players...

Not a chance that Levein is only now identifying signing targets. 

Pans Jambo
32 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Well why would we want to sign someone who scores goals anyway!!!

26 minutes ago, theshed said:

I'm not so certain about that, they signed Kamara from Dundee for around £50k and he now looks first choice in their midfield. Not necessarily about the value of the player for them.

Mr Elwood P
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Curious approach.

And who is making the signings for Rangers? 

Combination of Gerrard and their DOF Mark Allen. The signings they’ve made so far don’t improve them in my opinion. Maybe the shareholders aren’t putting in the funds anymore.

Absolute Scenes

No transfer rumours in it but Charlie Adam is currently on a training camp in Dubai with Elliot Lee, Ollie's brother. Hopefully Elliott's singing the Jambos praises to Charlie and he gets himself to Gorgie. Both would be welcome to be fair...

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Combination of Gerrard and their DOF Mark Allen. The signings they’ve made so far don’t improve them in my opinion. Maybe the shareholders aren’t putting in the funds anymore.

Interesting that most of their signings (if not all) have been freebies from other Scottish clubs.

consolidatiin of second spot, maybe, but not in my opinion sufficient to challenge Celtic for the league.

There does appear to be from the outside cash/flow issues at Ibrokes.

Heartsofgold
2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Interesting that most of their signings (if not all) have been freebies from other Scottish clubs.

consolidatiin of second spot, maybe, but not in my opinion sufficient to challenge Celtic for the league.

I actually think the Celtic may struggle to attract players of decent caliber or pedigree now that they've appointed Lennon.  He carries no weight or influence as a manager and I honestly think that his behaviour and attitude may put some players off plus the fact that Celtic seem to have gone for the cheap option and not showed any real ambition will be telling.

oh ah grantona
30 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

No transfer rumours in it but Charlie Adam is currently on a training camp in Dubai with Elliot Lee, Ollie's brother. Hopefully Elliott's singing the Jambos praises to Charlie and he gets himself to Gorgie. Both would be welcome to be fair...

Because Charlie Adam knows nothing about Hearts?? 

He will want to finish his career with Dundee but still has years in him so can get a decent pay cheque the now ans with Dundee reportedly paying 70% of turnover in wages they will be looking to get players on the cheap with less pay days coming (4 derbies tho will help a bit)

Agentjambo
34 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Interesting....

Nookie Bear
12 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I actually think the Celtic may struggle to attract players of decent caliber or pedigree now that they've appointed Lennon.  He carries no weight or influence as a manager and I honestly think that his behaviour and attitude may put some players off plus the fact that Celtic seem to have gone for the cheap option and not showed any real ambition will be telling.

I agree with this. Lennon is such a downgrade from Rodgers that i am still amazed Lawell went for him.

They will still be way ahead of everyone else but that appointment should give everyone hope.

Mr Elwood P
16 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

They spent over £10m in fees last summer, mostly going to Brighton and Osijek for players who have represented very little value. They don't have any credit facility so entirely reliant on money generated by the club and soft loans from shareholders who are in line for a share for equity deal instead of repayment. 

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, oh ah grantona said:

Because Charlie Adam knows nothing about Hearts?? 

He will want to finish his career with Dundee but still has years in him so can get a decent pay cheque the now ans with Dundee reportedly paying 70% of turnover in wages they will be looking to get players on the cheap with less pay days coming (4 derbies tho will help a bit)

well I didn't say he wouldn't know about hearts, but the chat will likely be "aw my brother plays in Scotland for Hearts"

So it might get the idea planted

IveSeenTheLight
9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

They spent over £10m in fees last summer, mostly going to Brighton and Osijek for players who have represented very little value. They don't have any credit facility so entirely reliant on money generated by the club and soft loans from shareholders who are in line for a share for equity deal instead of repayment. 

£10M last summer but £0 so far this year.

How many players have they brought in for free so far.

Theyre desperately trying to hawk Morelos and Tavernier to get some funds in, but would be surprised if they get what Jim Traynors press machine is trying to portray their value.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

£10M last summer but £0 so far this year.

How many players have they brought in for free so far.

Theyre desperately trying to hawk Morelos and Tavernier to get some funds in, but would be surprised if they get what Jim Traynors press machine is trying to portray their value.

Considering the transfer window hasn't opened yet I'm not sure having spent nothing on transfers is a very good indication of anything. The free transfers are the only option currently. Although I don't think Jones, Stewart and Hastie are going to add anything.

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Going by the post earlier about Lee/Levein I'm not sure this is a good thing :lol:

IveSeenTheLight
13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Considering the transfer window hasn't opened yet I'm not sure having spent nothing on transfers is a very good indication of anything. The free transfers are the only option currently. Although I don't think Jones, Stewart and Hastie are going to add anything.

I agree, but filling up their squad with what they have so far does not seems to be strengthening.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Thought this was the Hearts only thread. Instead pages of shite 

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Thought this was the Hearts only thread. Instead pages of shite 

Death, taxes and pages of shite on JKB (regardless of topic).

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Going by the post earlier about Lee/Levein I'm not sure this is a good thing :lol:

Aw what? I didn’t hear about that, what happened?

hmfc_liam06
37 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Aw what? I didn’t hear about that, what happened?

A posters brother was speaking to Lee at the awards ceremony and he was less than glowing about CL.

5 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

If he is a Rangers fan, then that's who he will pick, if he were to stay in Scotland, surely!

Is he a Rangers fan? 

RustyRightPeg

One player I'd like us to have a look at is Jonny Williams. 

Only 25, Welsh international, just been let go on a free from Charlton.

Injury history is a bit shaky, but what a cracking wee player he is when he's fit. 

25 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

A posters brother was speaking to Lee at the awards ceremony and he was less than glowing about CL.

That’s not necessarily a negative for Levein. Not sure many of us would say Lee has delivered consistently or been hard enough for what’s needed. Maybe Levein has shared that with him and he doesn’t like it?  I think there is a player in him but not seen enough to give him an easy ride. 

7 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

What percentage chance of going to each one?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Injury history is a bit shaky, but what a cracking wee player he is when he's fit. 

Jonny looked like a lad that struggled with confidence on the Sunderland documentary. Which surprises me because I would have agreed with you.

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He sounds exactly the kind of player we'd be after...

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Jonny looked like a lad that struggled with confidence on the Sunderland documentary. Which surprises me because I would have agreed with you.

He got a nasty shoulder injury in that spell at Sunderland. Mind you I think everyone would've struggled there at that point.

When he was at Palace, he was supposed to be one of their brightest prospects alongside Zaha.

There's a player in there though and all that...

Just seen that Swansea are apparently offering him a deal so that sort of scuppers it...

Jamboscanbevicius
5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Ross McCormack anyone, just been released by villa.

Not for me. Question marks over his attitude and application seem to follow him for a few years now!

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Was just going ask that, as it’s been said his attitude has been questioned but his ability hasn’t. Maybe a bit similar to Naismith and would want good money, an interesting one though.

13 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

No thanks, he spent the second half of the season on loan at Motherwell and managed three appearances and zero goals.

Edited by andrew

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

What percentage chance of going to each one?

The percentage chat is getting old now. Charlie Adam to hearts is still a possibility btw.

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

The percentage chat is getting old now. Charlie Adam to hearts is still a possibility btw.

Ooft that’ll get things interesting again

RustyRightPeg
27 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

He's about 4 stone from being a player now. 3 years ago 100% yes.