***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

18 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Monster when fit. Never fit. He once injured himself opening a Christmas present. Hopefully his wages can go somewhere decent. Will end up back in Newcastle I reckon

Imagine him and Uche up top together.  Would be utter carnage.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

20 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

This was on here a week or so ago and someone was less than complimentary about him. No idea if he's any good or not. Our resident Millwall fan might be able to fill us in

Ah, I didn’t realise this had already been brought up. Never seen him play personally so no real opinion on him. 

Has played a decent number of games for Millwall tho at a decent level. 

5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Anyone heard anything about being interested in GMS? 

Can’t afford him. 

17 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Mcgeough isn't Leveins type of midfielder so that would immediately rule him out 

One of Hibs cup winning legends. No thanks!

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

Can’t afford him. 

Hes out of contract.  Unless you of course mean wages wise. 

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Hes out of contract.  Unless you of course mean wages wise. 

I mean wages mate. 

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Ah, I didn’t realise this had already been brought up. Never seen him play personally so no real opinion on him. 

Has played a decent number of games for Millwall tho at a decent level. 

Jordan Archer is a shocking goalkeeper and I hope we are well away from. Put it this way I'd rather have Jack Hamilton

rudi must stay
25 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

No interest, just names we'd like to see

I'd like to see many players.

But stick to thread topic and concrete rumours 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, rudi must stay said:

sorry dad :(

10 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Anyone heard anything about being interested in GMS? 

He's too injury prone. Good player when fully fit but that doesn't happen enough.

5 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I mean wages mate. 

deluded, only reason wouldn't get is offer in wage he will be getting from NYC. Can compete if he wants to stay here 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He's too injury prone. Good player when fully fit but that doesn't happen enough.

Turned up on the last day of the season, first time in months. Wouldn't surprise me to see GMS go MLS to NYC turning his back on the AWPR

Edited by Sir Gio

Captain Canada

I'd like to see us sign someone like Adao for the midfield (not necessarily him though as he's probably too expensive and lost the plot a few times).

All our midfielders are similar at the moment and with Cochrane, C.Smith and Irving possibly playing more next season, we could do with a bit of steel in there for certain games e.g. playing the top 6 away from home. Bozanic, Lee and Edwards aren't exactly known for crunching tackles either. Haring is the closest we have but he's still too nice! 

Edited by Captain Canada

34 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Mcgeough isn't Leveins type of midfielder so that would immediately rule him out 

Can you talk me through this one please?

8 minutes ago, fatlad said:

deluded, only reason wouldn't get is offer in wage he will be getting from NYC. Can compete if he wants to stay here 

Aberdeen very keen to keep him and already have a player exodus so I would predict they would be offering quite a bit more wage than we would be prepared to part with for him.   

17 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

There won’t be a thread then. No-one has concrete rumours it’s names who are available mixed with individual preference!!! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I'd like to see us sign someone like Adao for the midfield (not necessarily him though as he's probably too expensive and lost the plot a few times).

All our midfielders are similar at the moment and with Cochrane, C.Smith and Irving possibly playing more next season, we could do with a bit of steel in there for certain games e.g. playing the top 6 away from home. Bozanic, Lee and Edwards aren't exactly known for crunching tackles either. Haring is the closest we have but he's still too nice! 

Theres a Cameroon international apparently out of contract, picks up a fair few bookings though

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Turned up on the last day of the season, first time in months. Wouldn't surprise me to see GMS go MLS to NYC turning his back on the AWPR

Good so long as he keeps well away from Tynecastle.

16 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

We could do with someone with a bit of pace in the middle. Mulraney and Edwards have it but that is virtually it.

17 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

We have Haring, Edwards and Bozanic who can all play in that defensive midfielder role 

Absolute Scenes

McGeough linked to hibs in swap deal with Kamberi going to Sunderland is what I'm hearing from my hibs mate

11 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

McGeough linked to hibs in swap deal with Kamberi going to Sunderland is what I'm hearing from my hibs mate

Sunderland and Ross are absolutely desperate to be shite aren’t they? ?

Hope Hearts are looking at Paul Coutts, released from Sheff Utd, exactly type of driving force we require in the midfield. 

Heartsofgold
3 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Hope Hearts are looking at Paul Coutts, released from Sheff Utd, exactly type of driving force we require in the midfield. 

I doubt we could afford the wages he'll be looking for.  Good player though and I agree we should push the boat out a bit if he's receptive.

Absolute Scenes
12 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Sunderland and Ross are absolutely desperate to be shite aren’t they? ?

Kamberi has been utterly woeful for them bar a spell of a few weeks he scored a few goals

Surely they have budget for better?

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Kamberi has been utterly woeful for them bar a spell of a few weeks he scored a few goals

Surely they have budget for better?

Sammon is free, and has a better track record of scoring runs in the UK. ?

will-i-am-a-jambo
30 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I've heard this too from a Hibbie at work.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

True story this.

I had to miss a week of 7's, I was a keeper, boy that ran the team brought Paul Coutts in to compensate for me being missing, as a ringer, thinking we wouldn't need a keeper with him in tow.

We lost!!

To be fair to Paul he was only 16 at the time, and the defeat was supposedly in no way down to him, alas our paths never crossed.

Now that I've bored you all, I'll jog on

Edited by Sir Gio

Because Heckingbottom will know all about McGeough of course.

Happens all the time of course where clubs sign players the manager doesn’t know.

Only ever raises its head when it’s Hearts though.

INTURFEEEERUNCEEE.

Parasites.

12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I doubt he can. 

I don’t want another infraction Jonno. I’m glad you said that. ?

18 hours ago, OTT said:

Bobby

Souttar Berra Halkett

Smith Haring Bryson Hickey

Walker

Naismith Uche

:glorious:

Seriously though, we need to sign players that take the onus off of Naismith. Him not being in the team for the crucial parts of this season highlighted how important he was. We had no one who could even lace his boots. We need to sign players under the assumption Naismith will get injured again next season. He may not, but that chance is reduced even more if we can use him effectively rather than running him into the ground because we have nowt else in the tank. Signings like Walker, Bryson, Boyce etc. could turn the tide there and give us that extra bit of ability to get ourselves up the table.

Reckon the rest of the youngsters alongside Hickey (Cochrane, McDonald, Irvine, Smith etc.) should feature more frequently. They've delivered when asked this season and deserve a place in the squad to stake their claim. Saves us a bit of cash too!

Would be delighted with that team maybe somebody pacy instead of smith 

Flying full backs are what you want  if playing 3 at the back 

walker Ed coming back would be great news 

We need Notts, Dazajambo or Future is maroon to give us something, unless there literally is no transfer targets as of yet 

45 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I doubt we could afford the wages he'll be looking for.  Good player though and I agree we should push the boat out a bit if he's receptive.

Think you would be surprised, he did an article few weeks back saying he would be open to a move to Aberdeen (his hometown) if they were interested.  Seem's like a guy who just wants to play football, not chasing big paydays.

Carl Fredrickson

McGeouch would be a good signing if fit. He spent a lot of the last season injured at Sunderland, which as a result, means he can leave on a free. 

His deal was an initial year deal with an extension depending on game time. I doubt he will want to stay in League 1 but unless someone offers him a better wage he may be happy to extend his deal at Sunderland. 

When fit I would love to have him in our midfield BUT his career has been blighted by a number of injuries. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Theres a Cameroon international apparently out of contract, picks up a fair few bookings though

Not another wage thief etc etc. . . . Oh wait ?

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Would be delighted with that team maybe somebody pacy instead of smith 

Flying full backs are what you want  if playing 3 at the back 

walker Ed coming back would be great news 

I don’t think Smith it a slow, it’s more his end product that lets him down.

3 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Tbh, think we have similar already. 

He was the sitter for the tramps while McGinn punched forward. 

There’s talk of Bryson who’s more in the Mickey mould and the type of rather see acquired. 

Was always impressed with Dylan when we played the shite. Would be a great signing for a couple of years before Harry starts bossing the midfield. 

SpruceBringsteen
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see GMS go MLS to NYC turning his back on the AWPR

ITK, btw

kingantti1874

McGeoch is a good player but injury prone as ****- would be lucky to get 15 games from him..

id rather Craig Bryson or Charlie Adam with cochrane and Smith plyaying a much bigger part.

Leveins Battalion
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

McGeoch is a good player but injury prone as ****- would be lucky to get 15 games from him..

id rather Craig Bryson or Charlie Adam with cochrane and Smith plyaying a much bigger part.

This for me aswell,I am sure in both Cochrane and Smith that we have 2 exceptional young players but having journeymen like Bozanic (who I think is decent)in beside them isn't enough,a player like Bryson who has achieved a bit would push us and them on.

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I read somewhere that Sheff Wed want £7m for him.

Yeah, we’re not going to buy him. A loan deal might be workable though. He spent last season on loan at Norwich.