***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

RustyRightPeg

If we are looking at keepers, the Dundee Utd keeper impressed me over the two legs against St. Mirren. I'm not sure what his contract situ is however. I don't even know his name if I'm 100% honest. 

I've also heard a rumour and I'm hoping that's all it is, that Wallace is going to sign as a player for Kelty Hearts. He's already the 20s coach there...

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

The Gorgie

Gordon as a goal keeper coach would be better imo. He's no better or worse than bobby and he's far from the keeper he was when he left us. 

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

Motherwell's Alex Gorrin could be a good replacement for Djoum.

Are we interested in him?

johnking123
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Are we interested in him?

Not sure. But a few clubs down south are.

rudi must stay
13 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

He looks good yes

As I often say, 25, good age. Good CV

Not one that would be incredibly exciting but squads are built on solid and dependable pros 

2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

If we are looking at keepers, the Dundee Utd keeper impressed me over the two legs against St. Mirren. I'm not sure what his contract situ is however. I don't even know his name if I'm 100% honest. 

I've also heard a rumour and I'm hoping that's all it is, that Wallace is going to sign as a player for Kelty Hearts. He's already the 20s coach there...

Liked the look of McMullan and I see his contract ends this summer.

Always took his man on the outside. Good burst of pace and delivery. The full back rarely got back at him once he’d took him on. 

Cruyff Turn
39 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

This boy got some good reviews

We were looking at him before he went to Dundee. 

Not wanting to start a long debate, but not heard any comment from Levein saying that we needed a keeper. Zlamal and Doyle will be our number 1 and 2 next season.

When will the club announce who is all leaving ?

Famous 1874
2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Agreed

2 hours ago, stu.m said:

She is too busy watching Britain's Got Talent.

Don't see the point in that.

Surely she would have known the result in advance.

GarryJ-o-s
5 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Paul Coutts 

Didn't realise he had been released. Would be a very good signing, but would think he has offers in the Championship too.

Mark O'Hara has apparently been stuck on Peterboroughs transfer list. 

If we could afford him he'd surely be a good signing. 

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, GarryJ-o-s said:

Didn't realise he had been released. Would be a very good signing, but would think he has offers in the Championship too.

Aberdeen are after him. Should be on our radar at the very least I’d imagine.

tartofmidlothian

What was the rumour linking us with Liam Boyce, was it true or not? There is the Austin connection, plus he would be a great signing.

Charlie Adam was the other one mentioned in January, anyone think he might be interested?

Pans Jambo
6 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I’d be disappointed if we weren’t looking at Shankland.

Goal machine. Lower lever right enough but this is exactly the type of player Motherwell,  Utd or Killie will sign & he’ll score 18 + goals next season. We should be looking at him IMO. 

8 hours ago, Whatever said:

Jamie Walker will be a Hearts player next season. 

Not the the worlds best kept secret I know.

I know quite a few are against this but I think playing Jamie Walker, in the number 10 role, gets you goals. Or him and Naismith supporting a striker.

johnking123

Coner Washington is one we are trying to talk to. Austin's involved in this one. Wide right supporting striker. Ipswich and couple of division one clubs are looking too.

The Treasurer
16 hours ago, jambonian said:

I'd take Greg Taylor at left-back for Killie in a heartbeat. Best left-back I've seen in Scotland in 18 months. Unfortunately he's on a long contract at Killie so no chance of signing him.

Something else mentioned to me a couple of weeks back...Rangers 2012 are wanting John Souttar, and part of the deal is Wallace returning. Rangers 2012 also want shot of Lafferty so may be part of a deal also, one or the other if not both. Don't know for sure but source is usually fairly reliable.

So you'd be happy to swap one of the best young defenders in the country for two players nearing the end of their careers who their club want rid of anyway ?

Thank feck you're not involved in our transfer dealings

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Goal machine. Lower lever right enough but this is exactly the type of player Motherwell,  Utd or Killie will sign & he’ll score 18 + goals next season. We should be looking at him IMO. 

And if Naismith was working with him as a coach  ( as has been mentioned on here before ) I think the lad would be on fire.

Agentjambo
2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Coner Washington is one we are trying to talk to. Austin's involved in this one. Wide right supporting striker. Ipswich and couple of division one clubs are looking too.

Good chance of happening?

johnking123

Wages could be problem. Ipswich would most likely be able to pay more, even the though they have dropped down a division.

18 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

So contrary to popular opinion Djoum is shite and has no offers he has several. 

Well I never. 

Bryson would be a great replacement. Naismith pal?

Craig Gordon please,  other than Craig all attack minded players required.

Perhaps we could move on Wighton and Vanecek if Maclean is staying. 

Don’t understand the clamour to bring Craig Gordon back.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Don’t understand the clamour to bring Craig Gordon back.

Probably available and more reliable than the 2 current bomb scares. Open to any other upgrade on the current occupants. McLaughlin was a real pity, he was a good find to lose so soon

MaskedMarauder
17 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Craig Gordon out till Oct/Nov and needs his cash as he has an expensive split from Mrs Gordon 

He can’t be toiling that much he went to Dubai on Saturday night after the final for a full week all inclusive holiday with his new Mrs and his 2 kids

3 hours ago, johnking123 said:

More links with Northern Ireland.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/football/conor-washington-among-trio-of-northern-ireland-internationals-released-by-sheffield-united-1-8920288

Who_put_the_ball_in...

Anyone know what the crack is with Cadden? Been linked with him a few times and I think he is out of contract.

17 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

This might help. The problem with him is he signed a two year deal last year so a fee would be required assuming he wanted to come to us and they allowed him to leave.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/team/first-team/benjamin-siegrist

18 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

This might help. The problem with him is he signed a two year deal last year so a fee would be required assuming he wanted to come to us and they allowed him to leave.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/team/first-team/benjamin-siegrist

Aye, he's got a year left on his contract so would cost us money.  So has Craig Levein but you want rid of him would which cost an awful lot more if you take into account that the backroom staff might have to go as well.  Then you would have the possible cost of more again with your replacement.

Something doesn't sound quite right - or rational.

18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Aye, he's got a year left on his contract so would cost us money.  So has Craig Levein but you want rid of him would which cost an awful lot more if you take into account that the backroom staff might have to go as well.  Then you would have the possible cost of more again with your replacement.

Something doesn't sound quite right - or rational.

I think you are bending the issue a bit here Al. I am providing another poster with info he did not know hardly reason for your comments.

You are the first to criticise me and others for hijacking threads and yet it's ok for you to do it seemingly.

KineticBeat

Cadden is such a Levein player that I'd be surprised if we aren't looking at him. Think if he signs he will either kick on to his early-Motherwell form and become a fan favourite or we'll get his later-Motherwell form and he'll be used as a brush to tar Levein with. 

Unless Souttar leaves I think all our signings will the in the Midfield/Forward area of the pitch.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think you are bending the issue a bit here Al. I am providing another poster with info he did not know hardly reason for your comments.

You are the first to criticise me and others for hijacking threads and yet it's ok for you to do it seemingly.

Sorry, I put you in such a tight corner, Davy.

The point I was trying to make is that you seem willing (for the club) to bear the cost of removing the manager, and possibly his entourage, followed by the cost of a replacement and his entourage.   By comparison, the cost of a decent keeper is chicken feed.

BTW I think you are right that we should hesitate about paying a fee if there is a worthwhile alternative under FoC.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Sorry, I put you in such a tight corner, Davy.

The point I was trying to make is that you seem willing (for the club) to bear the cost of removing the manager, and possibly his entourage, followed by the cost of a replacement and his entourage.   By comparison, the cost of a decent keeper is chicken feed.

BTW I think you are right that we should hesitate about paying a fee if there is a worthwhile alternative under FoC.

I know what you meant and you are so hypocritical. What do you mean "put me in such a tight corner". Anyone who reads my posts knows my thoughts on CL as you obviously do however the post you comment on has nothing to do with that topic.

This thread is about Potential Transfers to which I responded trying to give another poster some insight into a player he mentioned.

If you would like to start debating the pro and cons of a hypothetical CL leaving the club along with his "entourage" as you put it then start another thread and I will happily give my opinion.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I know what you meant and you are so hypocritical. What do you mean "put me in such a tight corner". Anyone who reads my posts knows my thoughts on CL as you obviously do however the post you comment on has nothing to do with that topic.

This thread is about Potential Transfers to which I responded trying to give another poster some insight into a player he mentioned.

If you would like to start debating the pro and cons of a hypothetical CL leaving the club along with his "entourage" as you put it then start another thread and I will happily give my opinion.

You are right - it is about potential transfers and you can't look at these in isolation.  You must consider other factors such as money available which will be severely diluted if you have your way.  We might not even be able to pay signing- on fees for out- of- contract players.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

You are right - it is about potential transfers and you can't look at these in isolation.  You must consider other factors such as money available which will be severely diluted if you have your way.  We might not even be able to pay signing- on fees for out- of- contract players.

The good news is that AB has a Budget for player transfers which she allocates to allow CL to sign players. She seems content with the offerings he has made  last season and it would seem that he will be at the helm yet again complete with entourage for next season.

So with that in mind then we should be ok in terms of being able to pay signing - on fees for out of contract players.

Who knows we might be able to even afford another player of the Wighton calibre and price.

5 hours ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Anyone know what the crack is with Cadden? Been linked with him a few times and I think he is out of contract.

Not sure this is 100% correct, but the following article listed that the training compensation we would be due for Cadden would be around £400k. If that is the case I can't see us going for him. 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/curtis-main-reportedly-set-choose-16313289

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

The good news is that AB has a Budget for player transfers which she allocates to allow CL to sign players. She seems content with the offerings he has made  last season and it would seem that he will be at the helm yet again complete with entourage for next season.

So with that in mind then we should be ok in terms of being able to pay signing - on fees for out of contract players.

Who knows we might be able to even afford another player of the Wighton calibre and price.

Or even Haring!

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Not sure we paid a fee for Haring Al but we did for Wighton.

All the better then.

We would pay a signing-on fee I imagine.

Bryson would be a great signing. Bags of experience and has played at a good level with Derby. 

28 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

Not sure this is 100% correct, but the following article listed that the training compensation we would be due for Cadden would be around £400k. If that is the case I can't see us going for him. 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/curtis-main-reportedly-set-choose-16313289

Not sure I would be that bothered with Cadden. Never been particularly impressed when I have seen him. If he is going to cost us £400k as well that makes him even less appealing. 

2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Bryson would be a great signing. Bags of experience and has played at a good level with Derby. 

I wonder if he will be leaving considering they have signed Shinnie from Aberdeen? He would be a decent signing and perhaps Naismith might be able to influence him coming to us assuming he signs of course.

Heard we are looking at goalkeeper Jordan Archer. Apparently being released this summer by Millwall. 

12 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Heard we are looking at goalkeeper Jordan Archer. Apparently being released this summer by Millwall. 

This was on here a week or so ago and someone was less than complimentary about him. No idea if he's any good or not. Our resident Millwall fan might be able to fill us in

Edited by Jamhammer