Forrest Cairney Fraser

????

O  Donell of Killie is a right back.

BelgeJambo

Burke

i know we are shite up front but don’t rub it in by picking this overated fud 

Unknown user
35 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Fair enough, I just feel like it's the best time to get these players involved, just had the best season of your career, get called up to the national squad, puts you on a good foot to push on and do even better next season. I'm not saying he would be a 1st choice, just that it seems like a good time to get him involved. I mean, ffs, Jack Hamilton got a call up after 'breaking in to' Heart 1st team squad.

Just a matter of opinion and I can understand both sides of it, not trying to start an argument (as so many on here seem to try)

:thumbsup: nothing wrong with disagreeing mate, although a lot of people seem to forget that these days!

If he comes to Hearts and does as well as we hope then he'll have a chance but centre back is a position that needs experience. Well, unless you're a de Ligt of course, but we won't be buying one of them soon.

Just look at how long Souttar's been on the top division scene to get where he is now, and we can all see how much his game has grown in that time. Halkett might be older than Souttar (happy birthday tomorrow Craig!) but he's still got it all to prove at this level yet. 

It’s so nice to have a team that isn’t stuffed full of players picked purely on the grounds they play for Celtic or Sevco, that I’ll forgive all the Killie players. They’ve done well, they deserve a shot.

jack D and coke
23 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

He really hates Rangers.

Who are the Rangers players you’d pick though? Scott Arfield if we hadn’t messed about so long he chose Canada ffs! Apart from that maybe Ryan Jack? Midfield we have decent players imo but he will get in the squad if he keeps playing well as will maybe the young centre half who’s name escapes me just now. 

Hes not daft enough to alienate Rangers already.....surely....

On 29/05/2019 at 00:25, Doc Rob said:

It’s so nice to have a team that isn’t stuffed full of players picked purely on the grounds they play for Celtic or Sevco, that I’ll forgive all the Killie players. They’ve done well, they deserve a shot.

Correct, they finished third in the league, so it's hardly controversial that three of their players make the Scotland squad.

What I like about Clarke is that he managed to get the best out of Kilmarnock by playing to the strengths of the players he had at his disposal.  He doesn't try to fit them into a predetermined formation, nor ask players to play out of position.  Contrast that with McLeish, who faced with the dilemma of how to accommodate Robertson and Tierney in the same side, opted to play neither of them in their preferred position of left back.

chester copperpot

I am going to the first game. I ain't in no way a tartan army trooper but me and the wee man love a Scotland game  

Gonna get right behind him as for once, think the SFA have got it spot on for once.

I’m glad to be back in the “interested in the national team” again gang.

I do think that Clarke will be an entirely fair and meritocratic Scotland manager and not be old firm centric. 

I think you you could tell that from his farewell speech at Killie and his general willingness to speak out against the ‘forces’ at work in Scottish football. 

He knows the score IMO.

On 28/05/2019 at 19:22, Smithee said:

He's only had 1 season in the top division, I'd say it's understandable myself. 

I don't buy that, Italy is one of the most successful teams on the international stage yet they don't have any problem picking players from the lower leagues if they are performing well. I'd suggest if it's good enough for them, it should be good enough for us. We need to move away from previously established methodologies and shake thing up in order to improve. I'm all for form as a guide not previous international experience or premier league status.

Spellczech

Can anyone tell me another example, except Naismith, of a player who is out on loan from his parent club, who is actually good enough for the NT?