Clerry Jambo

33 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Utter pish!

This was a season in which: -

* We lost to Dundee at HOME

* We lost at St Mirren and Hamilton - both completely shite teams

* We lost 5-0 at the 9th place team, a team with gates commensurate to Hamilton

* We lost at home to the vermin

As for reaching a cup final, this was akin to 2013 when we reached the League Cup Final (and should have won) but, had we won it, you couldn't claim 10th place was a good season in any shape or form.

1985-86

* We lost 6-2 at St Mirren

* We lost twice 3-0 to Aberdeen, one of which was a cup final

* We lost 2-1 to second bottom Motherwell

* We lost 1-0 to bottom club Clydebank

* We needed extra time to beat Stirling Albion 1-2 in the League Cup before getting emptied in the next round

We won the same that year as we did this year but................

Point I'm trying to make is that you need to look at everything before deciding what makes a good season and that includes cup results.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• mitch41

• Enzo Chiefo

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

1985-86

* We needed extra time to beat Stirling Albion 1-2 in the League Cup before getting emptied in the next round

Point I'm trying to make is that you need to look at everything before deciding what makes a good season and that includes cup results.

Good post 

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Aberdeen had a BETTER cup record than us this season. They also got beaten from Celtic in a SF and Final but had the bottle to go to Glasgow and beat Rangers.  They also finished 4th and will be playing in Europe next season...for the 5th successive season...while we are faffing about playing in League Cup group games. And you think WE had a better season than Aberdeen???

No they didn't although I forgot they got to the LC final. The Scottish Cup is THE cup so we had a better cup record. It's the showpiece.

Yes, we had a better season. How long did they lead the league for? Did they put up any challenge at all? No, they finished behind Killie despite having a massive budget and needed us to lose in the final to get into Europe. And their football was worse than ours! They only started climbing the league after we lost momentum with injuries.

Edited by Guest

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We've jumped the shark now. Levein slagged for not joining the army.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We've jumped the shark now. Levein slagged for not joining the army.

Have we??? Where did I mention Levein not joining the army???  I am referring to his description of people taking football management jobs as requiring "bottle" but then I again I think you knew that. Nice little diversion though when you can't answer points raised.

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Have we??? Where did I mention Levein not joining the army???  I am referring to his description of people taking football management jobs as requiring "bottle" but then I again I think you knew that. Nice little diversion though when you can't answer points raised.

Edit: Oh nevermind.

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Reminds me of some posters on here. 

Obsessed doesn't quite cover it. 

Now firmly in the complete bawbag category. 

He's either a poster on here or he's copied and pasted from other posters on here!

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

No they didn't although I forgot they got to the LC final. The Scottish Cup is THE cup so we had a better cup record. It's the showpiece.

Yes, we had a better season. How long did they lead the league for? Did they put up any challenge at all? No, they finished behind Killie depot having a massive budget and needed us to lose in the final to get into Europe. And their football was worse than ours!

Give me Aberdeen's seaaon over ours any day of the week.  They played a Premiership team in Europe last summer, while we were playing diddy teams in the LC. They finished 4th to our 6th, they had a SF and Final, like us, they beat Rangers in Glasgow once, twice, maybe even "threee timesss a laaaaydeee" and they will be playing in Europe again in the summer while we are playing the Kings Arms in the LC. Any valid points you have are lost in ridiculous arguments like that.

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Give me Aberdeen's seaaon over ours any day of the week.  They played a Premiership team in Europe last summer, while we were playing diddy teams in the LC. They finished 4th to our 6th, they had a SF and Final, like us, they beat Rangers in Glasgow once, twice, maybe even "threee timesss a laaaaydeee" and they will be playing in Europe again in the summer while we are playing the Kings Arms in the LC. Any valid points you have are lost in ridiculous arguments like that.

Go support Aberdeen then.

Geoff Kilpatrick
14 minutes ago, graygo said:

1985-86

Keep trying.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Go support Aberdeen then.

That's a pathetic response. One of the reasons I was happy Levein returned to the dugout was his league consistency and also his ability to transform teams in a short team. Sadly that no longer seems to be the case. Change is needed.

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That's a pathetic response. One of the reasons I was happy Levein returned to the dugout was his league consistency and also his ability to transform teams in a short team. Sadly that no longer seems to be the case. Change is needed.

No I genuinely think he should support Aberdeen if he's willing to talk them up and us down to that extent.

I'm 100% confident we'll finish above them more often than not in the coming years though.

Personally I thought Levein transformed the team at the start of the season with not much time to pull together a brand new team. We roared out the blocks. And as DoF he oversaw that in the Championship. And he's certainly transformed our cup and derby form compared to the previous season or so since becoming manager - a major criticism of Neilson I remember. Maybe you're just not the glass half full type?

16 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Keep trying.

2011/12

Scraped past Auchileck at home

Needed a replay and pens to beat St J

Needed replay to beat St Mirren 

Lost to St J, Well (twice), Killie and Caley in the league

Got gubbed by 4 or 5 goals 3 times

Won just one more league point than this season

Won the cup though, so good season. Had problems with wages but at least all our best players were fit most of the season! Couldn't have seen us win the cup without Skacel, Black, Elliott, Zali and Webster.

Edited by Guest

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

2011/12

Won the cup though, so good season. Had problems with wages but at least all our best players were fit most of the season! Couldn't have seen us win the cup without Skacel, Black, Elliott, Zali and Webster.

But, you missed the big difference,  we had a manager that could beat one of the OF in Glasgow. The most important employee at the club is the manager, which is why we have finished a lowly 6th for the last 2 years. 

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But, you missed the big difference,  we had a manager that could beat one of the OF in Glasgow. The most important employee at the club is the manager, which is why we have finished a lowly 6th for the last 2 years. 

We don't finish where we do in the league because of how we do against the old firm in Glasgow, nobody does.

Geoff Kilpatrick
14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No I genuinely think he should support Aberdeen if he's willing to talk them up and us down to that extent.

I'm 100% confident we'll finish above them more often than not in the coming years though.

Personally I thought Levein transformed the team at the start of the season with not much time to pull together a brand new team. We roared out the blocks. And as DoF he oversaw that in the Championship. And he's certainly transformed our cup and derby form compared to the previous season or so since becoming manager - a major criticism of Neilson I remember. Maybe you're just not the glass half full type?

If you think the team has been transformed then you should be confident that our starting XI next season is as least as good or better than our peer group. If so, ask yourself how many Aberdeen players or Killie players would get into our starting line-up. Quite a few IMO.

Geoff Kilpatrick
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

2011/12

Absolutely. WON the cup being the key difference.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If you think the team has been transformed then you should be confident that our starting XI next season is as least as good or better than our peer group. If so, ask yourself how many Aberdeen players or Killie players would get into our starting line-up. Quite a few IMO.

The Kilmarnock ones wouldn't, they only did well because of Steve Clarke remember.

Keep trying.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, graygo said:

The Kilmarnock ones wouldn't, they only did well because of Steve Clarke remember.

Keep trying.

No, they improved as players under Clarke. Would you not take O'Donnell, Taylor, Brophy, Mulumbu and Power for starters?

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No, they improved as players under Clarke. Would you not take O'Donnell, Taylor, Brophy, Mulumbu and Power for starters?

Not if they can only play well under super Steve.

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, stan said:

He's either a poster on here or he's copied and pasted from other posters on here!

Based on his obsession with CL, he may have about ten accounts on here. 

Would explain a lot. 

10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yes, they have some good players. Imagine if the best ones had been injured half the season. Do you think Aberdeen and Killie would have been so competitive all season?

Assuming all our and their players were fit I would have taken Shinnie to give us more drive in the middle, GMS for out wide and Taylor to ease our LB problems. Stewart and/or Brophy would have given us more options up front. I'm pretty sure Killie and Aberdeen would have bitten our hand off for Naismith, Souttar, Haring, Djoum and Berra mind you so it works both ways.

Gorillajam
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's full of holes though. It's completely and obviously a personal attack on Levein not reasoned punditry.

If he was big on underachievement, the biggest underachievers this season manager wise were Gerrard, McInnes and Lennon.

Levein at least got to a cup semi final and cup final and led the league for weeks. He at least has horrendous injuries that everyone without an agenda can see. 6th and a cup final and semi is a good season as any normal Hearts fan knows. 

Gerrard spent the most outside Celtic and finished just 11 pts ahead of Killie and only got to one cup semi. Rangers never lead the league. 

McInnes finished behind Killie despite the 3rd highest budget by a long way and just got to 2 cup semis. Aberdeen never led the league. They needed a Celtic cup win to even get into Europe.

Lennon spent Hibs biggest budget ever, including taking in 3m for McGinn and had Hibs outside the top 6 when he left and did nothing in the cups. Hibs never led the league.

He also, like some Hearts fans, conveniently glosses over the Championship win and third - both by a manager Levein appointed. Out of D Utd, Hibs, Rangers and us, we're the only team that got promoted in one season so it cannot be that easy. Yet we got very little credit for it, even from some Hearts fans. Then we had the Cathro debacle then a transition season. It appears that in some eyes, including Stewarts, Hearts must finish top 4 no matter what off field things are going on. Let's see how Aberdeen do when they have a ground to pay for. Or Killie without Clarke.

Aberdeen reached the League cup final and were knocked out in the Scottish Cup semi final by Celtic (the referee that day also had a bias towards Celtic). Like ours, Aberdeen's season was heavily dictated by injury - they had the largest injury catalogue of any SPL side this season - they also had the longest duration of injuries. McInnes is a very good manager and I think Aberdeen fans/ SPL fans fail to see how good he really is. He has had to rebuild their squad the last two summers and keeps sourcing quality like Lewis Ferguson. They had a squad decent enough to finish second this year. Remember it was Kilmarnock's record points tally and Aberdeen finished on the same - they were literally minutes away from third. Kilmarnock are out of the equation and I fully expect them to be fighting relegation within the next few years. We have been in this league long enough now to be challenging up there and yet we haven't. Even Hibs last season put up a good fight for second under Lennon! Our recruitment has been poor in comparison to our rivals and that falls on Levein's head. He deserves this summer to rectify it but if by Christmas we are still meandering in mid table obscurity once more - he has to go. We played extremely well against Celtic on the weekend but don't be deluded by the fact we reached the final. It certainly wasn't due to Levein's astute mastery of tactics but rather we were very fortunate to avoid SPL opponents before meeting Celtic.

Stephen Muddie
13 hours ago, 1953 said:

Can't really disagree with a lot of that but Stewart's personal agenda clouds most of the things he says for me.

It's a shame that there's prejudice at play here, because everything he says is valid.

I don't particularly like him BTW. It's just that I look at what people do rather than what they say, and what they say rather than who they are.

This could've been written by anybody on here, although for the most part not as well articulated.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

Bridge of Djoum

Ah good. A thread about Michael Stewart turns into yet another Levein bashing. Same posters turning the thread around every single time. 

I see Geoff is doing his best in denying anyone their point of view as usual. A man so firmly entrenched he cannot concede someone else may have a valid point. 

Back on topic. I know for a FACT MS writes his pieces whilst sitting in his dingy basement, wearing only underwear and a gas mask linked to his arsehole by way of a small, flexible tube. 

Bridge of Djoum
17 hours ago, old school tie said:

Well said, Mikey Stewart.hitnailonhead3-1.jpg

MS uses no balance, context, objectivity, mitigation or constructive argument. 

Anyone saying ''nail on head'' or spot on'' or accuses others of being blinkered regarding Levein is quite obviously damaged. And ironically, blinkered, when it comes to MS. He's a bitter, twisted fud with an agenda. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I've heard this "bottle" thing raised from Levein among others, about going into management.  "Bottle" is required if you want to work in the emergency servicrs or serve in the armed forces, not getting involved in football management, a cushy job where you hoover a large salary, wangle your way on to the board and a DOF role and convince the owner of a club that bright times lie ahead. Not a lot of bottle required for that,  I'm afraid.

In terms of a career in football though Enzo. 

Gary Neville gave it a go prompt reality check. 

Fancy Michael as Leveins replacement?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Aberdeen reached the League cup final and were knocked out in the Scottish Cup semi final by Celtic (the referee that day also had a bias towards Celtic). Like ours, Aberdeen's season was heavily dictated by injury - they had the largest injury catalogue of any SPL side this season - they also had the longest duration of injuries. McInnes is a very good manager and I think Aberdeen fans/ SPL fans fail to see how good he really is. He has had to rebuild their squad the last two summers and keeps sourcing quality like Lewis Ferguson. They had a squad decent enough to finish second this year. Remember it was Kilmarnock's record points tally and Aberdeen finished on the same - they were literally minutes away from third. Kilmarnock are out of the equation and I fully expect them to be fighting relegation within the next few years. We have been in this league long enough now to be challenging up there and yet we haven't. Even Hibs last season put up a good fight for second under Lennon! Our recruitment has been poor in comparison to our rivals and that falls on Levein's head. He deserves this summer to rectify it but if by Christmas we are still meandering in mid table obscurity once more - he has to go. We played extremely well against Celtic on the weekend but don't be deluded by the fact we reached the final. It certainly wasn't due to Levein's astute mastery of tactics but rather we were very fortunate to avoid SPL opponents before meeting Celtic.

Interested to know who the Aberdeen injuries were. 

If you could list them next to ours would be good to see

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, Sir Gio said:

In terms of a career in football though Enzo. 

Gary Neville gave it a go prompt reality check. 

Fancy Michael as Leveins replacement?

Yes, fair point re Neville. He was friends with the owner at Valencia and was certainly thrown in at the deep end. 

Regarding MS , no I certainly don't want him as manager. He's a good pundit imo and I doubt he would be interested in football management . He has no need to , given he is another player who, like Berra and Naismith, has his head screwed on and invested his football earnings wisely .

15 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Are you saying CL made a mistake with the Vanecek signing?  Although there is time yet it does look that way right now.

I think however he made a bigger mistake when he spent a pound on Stewart.

At this moment, Vanacek looks like a mistake.  We waited and waited for him to arrive and then when he finally did.... ....he's a big pudding!   He's had weeks to get fit enough to contribute to the final.  But even with Uche not fit, Vanacek can't even make the squad.  So yes, all indications are that a mistake has been made.  If the problem is with the scouting system, then Levein needs to sort out the scouting system.  ]

Every year we seem to chuck money towards at least one absolute huddy - Oshinawa, Sammon, Martin and now Vanacek.  And thge jury (the one in my head, anyway) is still out on Clare and Wighton.

pettigrewsstylist
21 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/michael-stewart-condemns-craig-leveins-16340375

footballscotland.co.uk

Michael Stewart condemns Craig Levein's man-management and 'Cathroesque' form

Adam Miller
5-6 minutes

Michael Stewart has called out Craig Levein for the "continual regression" that has taken place at Hearts since Robbie Neilson departed in 2016.

The former Hearts midfielder has also questioned owner Ann Budge, and said that rather than a fan ownership club "it feels more like a dictator".

It's not the first time Stewart has spoken strongly about Levein, and this latest assessment of events at Tynecastle is unlikely to endear him to the Hearts boss.

Speaking on BBC Sportsound, Stewart said: "I unfortunately think that Hearts are stuck in mid-table mediocrity with what they have, and I've said it on a number of occasions since Saturday that a lot of credit goes to the manager because I think he came up with a gameplan that almost paid off and the players played it out to a tee and it was effective.

"But I also said on Saturday that one swallow does not make a summer and when you look at the bigger picture, two sixth place finishes, a turnover of players which is astronomical, a lot of money spent. The return on that is not evident.

"It's not there, and I think the potential of the club is huge, but they're underachieving massively.

"Unfortunately though as well, it was meant to be a fan ownership club but it feels more like a dictator at the moment.

Michael Stewart with Craig Levein as he signs for Hearts in July 2004 (Image: SNS Group)

"The fans will be buoyed by the cup final performance, but as I said when you look at the bigger picture the evidence is not particularly great.

"It's a Cathroesque run of form, and it's not to suggest that Craig Levein is of that ilk because he's clearly a better manager than Ian Cathro, but the point is Ian Cathro got his jotters for a run of form which was similar to this but Craig Levein's in absolutely no danger.

"He has complete control of that club, which I think is unhealthy. He sits on the board."

When host Jonathan Sutherland referred to owner Ann Budge's suggestion that Levein isn't "bombproof", Stewart replied: "I know she did, but words are cheap.

"My retort to that would be what would it take for Craig Levein to be removed from his post, because Ann Budge said when Robbie Neilson was there in November 2016, that anything less than last year's third place finish is not very good.

"If we got into Europe in fourth place that could be alright.

"Well she's had two sixth place finishes under Craig Levein. As I said before he's brought in a cast of thousands and the turnover of players is through the roof.

"Yet, Craig Levein is always a manager who is always on the cusp of something. It's always a five-year rolling project on the horizon.

"It never arrives. It's always just round the corner.

"It's always on the horizon. It never arrives. It's always continually evolving."

After Scott McDonald suggested that Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen will be looking to finish third, Stewart responded: "So they budget for fourth, but they finish sixth the last two years.

"I mean if that's not underachievement, I go back to saying what is?

"If you continually finish sixth...Hearts have the potential in my opinion to go and challenge right at the top.

"Aberdeen under Derek McInnes have finished second for four years in a row and they've finished fourth this year. Tell me how Aberdeen can do that and Hearts can't.

"Craig Levein's been there from the get-go with Ann Budge for five years, and there has been a continual regression since Robbie Neilson finished third in the top flight. Continually regressed.

"We were talking about Vaněček and I said this on Saturday as well, Uche Ikpeazu couldn't start the game because he wasn't fit enough. Here's a guy, Vaněček, who they were desperate to get in.

"He comes in in January. He assesses him in training but doesn't realise he's not fit enough. Chucks him into the first game for 90 minutes, you could see he wasn't fit enough but it looked like he had some touches, and then plays him for half an hour in the next game and hauls him off.

"Paints a big target on his back and says that he was hopeless, and then I see quotes from him in the last few weeks saying that 'his fitness is getting better, he's up to speed now, but I'm concerned that it looks like he's low on confidence'. I wonder why he's low on confidence.

"I mean, we said it at the time that this was horrendous man-management and he took exception to it. Well I'm sorry, the proof is in the pudding."

We are a big club. Big clubs gett press coverage. Stewart has captained the club and is forging a career in the press.

The fact he and big Craig enjoy public handbags is therefore not the reason this is in press.

Hard to disagree with anything he says and i admire his integrity to keep saying it, despite the dont want to hear it brigades abuse.

If we are budgeting for 4th then its worthy of comment!!

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

What about when he said the same things back in 2013, in between sobbing about Levein dinghying him at a party?

1 hour ago, Haken said:

At this moment, Vanacek looks like a mistake.  We waited and waited for him to arrive and then when he finally did.... ....he's a big pudding!   He's had weeks to get fit enough to contribute to the final.  But even with Uche not fit, Vanacek can't even make the squad.  So yes, all indications are that a mistake has been made.  If the problem is with the scouting system, then Levein needs to sort out the scouting system.  ]

Every year we seem to chuck money towards at least one absolute huddy - Oshinawa, Sammon, Martin and now Vanacek.  And thge jury (the one in my head, anyway) is still out on Clare and Wighton.

Every manager makes signings who do not fare well.. 

If you list the poor signings made by Rangers, Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen over the same period they'll amount to more than 4.

jack D and coke
20 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Loving the faux rage from those who are accepting of Levein's record. Many here simply don't realise that they are doing the exact same thing to Stewart, that he himself is supposed to be doing to Levein.

Reading what Stewart has apparently said, I have to say, it's a pretty accurate reflection of where we are and where we are going. On the football park we have been nothing short of embarrassing, with yet another 6th place finish. What part of this utter mediocrity do some on here not understand. For those here who actually attend games, some must have really short memories. The team was being booed of the park almost on a weekly basis and many of our supporters were leaving at half-time, it was so bad.     

"But what about all the young guys coming through" seems to be the latest "get out of jail free" thrown about for our manager to retain his job, irrespective of our actual league finish. On this there needs to be some clarity. Every time Levein senses he is about to be sacked, he throws kids into the team. He has done this time and time again. The actual results may confirm he is a dreadful manager but he is not stupid when it comes to supporter gullibility. He knows full well, our support will not criticise kids. If a 16 year old is the best left back at the club just now, what does it say about our signing policy. How many years has left back been an issue under Levein?  Hickey might have had rave reviews at the weekend, primarily as he was 16, but he's years away from being ready. Hopefully he will progress better than all the others we have seen in recent years but I won't hold my breath.

A key thing that matters to me now, is maintaining and hopefully growing our supporter base to make our club bigger. Hopefully everyone here would think that full stands every week would be something to strive for. It is simply not going to happen under Levein as he has "lost" a huge percentage of our support and whet he serves up week in week out in the league is dreadful, We took about 350 supporters up to Aberdeen a few weeks a go, it was embarrassing and the lowest I can remember in my lifetime. If we had 100 supporters at Celtic park a couple of weeks ago, we would be doing well - One hundred.....

If we lose a couple of thousand season ticket holders due to Levein, who cares, seems to be the cry from many here, they are only part-time or glory chasing supporters.

Michael Stewart and most other pundits now are right on Levein. He has had a good innings, but it is time for improvement and a new direction     

Hard to disagree with any of this. 

The last couple of trips to Aberdeen and parkhead the support has all but deserted us.

I know the season has barely finished but 4 of my mates have said they’re not renewing for next season too. I suppose that depends on the signings etc but if that translates into another couple of thousand then it’s not a good sign. 

Im really tired watching Levein Hearts teams I think we all gave him the benefit of the doubt after last season but this one, barring making the final, has been arguably every bit as bad. 

It would really give the club a huge shot in the arm if Levein moved on imo. 

15 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

When people are so wrapped up in personal agendas they lose credibility. Any valid points they might make get lost in the seethe.  Yes, it's not good enough but to dismiss the mitigating circumstances does no credit. Personally, I would prefer to listen to John Souttar, Neil McCann and others who know what's what than rabid arseholes with an axe to grind. 

Stewart and Levein have issues with each other but you have put that to one side and look at the facts. There is a lot of Sticking Up For Your Mates or Boss in football fare enough that’s life. You make enemies in football and it tends to harm your career that’s why you hear so many He’s Doing A Great Job. I’d know Levein was doing ok if this public relations wasn’t going on in support of Levein. But players, ex players ect having to defend Levein tells the world there is a problem with Levein’s management and most of the criticism against Levein comes from the Tynecastle stands not Michael Stewart.

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Stewart and Levein have issues with each other but you have put that to one side and look at the facts. There is a lot of Sticking Up For Your Mates or Boss in football fare enough that’s life. You make enemies in football and it tends to harm your career that’s why you hear so many He’s Doing A Great Job. I’d know Levein was doing ok if this public relations wasn’t going on in support of Levein. But players, ex players ect having to defend Levein tells the world there is a problem with Levein’s management and most of the criticism against Levein comes from the Tynecastle stands not Michael Stewart.

Well said mitch41....One battling cup final disnae paper over the cracks I'm afraid!.....Michael Stewart is entitled to his opinion in the same way we are!

Something is fundamentally wrong at Hearts, unfortunately the head coach cannot seem, or want to see it!  

Personally I don't care what the relationship between Levein and Stewart is like, however I admire the honesty and sticking to his guns approach from Stewart. 

As things stand at this time.....Is there much hope for optimism with this setup for next season?

12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yes, we had a better season. How long did they lead the league for? Did they put up any challenge at all? No, they finished behind Killie despite having a massive budget and needed us to lose in the final to get into Europe. And their football was worse than ours! They only started climbing the league after we lost momentum with injuries.

Excuses excuses you are full of excuses about injuries as if no other team has injuries . But you are also wrong about everything you post and  i’m not sure if I can do anymore to educate you. I will try as you never know one day a little light may switch on in you head and hey presto you will be so proud of yourself.

13 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Well said mitch41....One battling cup final disnae paper over the cracks I'm afraid!.....Michael Stewart is entitled to his opinion in the same way we are!

Something is fundamentally wrong at Hearts, unfortunately the head coach cannot seem, or want to see it!  

Personally I don't care what the relationship between Levein and Stewart is like, however I admire the honesty and sticking to his guns approach from Stewart. 

As things stand at this time.....Is there much hope for optimism with this setup for next season?

I recon any optimism that surrounds the team will come from new signings which always happens is the signings are good. The management situation is a worry because of what we have witnessed from Levein & co. up till the present.

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I recon any optimism that surrounds the team will come from new signings which always happens is the signings are good. The management situation is a worry because of what we have witnessed from Levein & co. up till the present.

Who?

Edited by Bad Religion

11 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Who?

The Who.

Let’s hope we don’t suffer the Summertime Blues.

Do you follow me Young Man.

We should all Join Together.

We need a good Substitute.

We don’t want to end up in a Squeeze Box.

My Generation know their football.

Perth to Paisley
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

The Who.

Let’s hope we don’t suffer the Summertime Blues.

Do you follow me Young Man.

We should all Join Together.

We need a good Substitute.

We don’t want to end up in a Squeeze Box.

My Generation know their football.

Who are you?

Tommy?

Won't get fooled again!

John Findlay
15 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I would have said the players myself. Nice of you to.pop your head above the parapet after we narrowly lose a cup final. Kept your gob well and truly before hand. 

16 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Based on what? 

When was the last time we did finish above them?  

What gives you grounds for future hope?  

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I would have said the players myself. Nice of you to.pop your head above the parapet after we narrowly lose a cup final. Kept your gob well and truly before hand. 

Steve Clarke proved beyond any doubt that a good manager can turn the same group of players from relegation candidates to qualifying for European football, in a matter of months. 

Bad Religion
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Steve Clarke proved beyond any doubt that a good manager can turn the same group of players from relegation candidates to qualifying for European football, in a matter of months. 

It is not an exact science though as you are more than aware. 

John Findlay
25 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Scotland for the next World cup then 

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

They don't have to defend him. They choose to because they have a greater insight than a guy with a huge chip on both shoulders and has built his career on falling out with people and being controversial.

Results have been unacceptable but when you constantly regurgitate the same pish without acknowledging mitigating factors or showing any kind of balance then you lose credibility. 

queensferryjambo

Michael Stewart Hearts supporter lays the boot into the Hearts manager just days after a sore cup final defeat and will spend the whole close season bad mouthing our club and manager.

Craig Levein is spending his time in the close season trying his hardest to better Heart of Midlothian football club.

Think I prefer Levein's input into our club to be honest.