Mikey Stewart again.......

Clerry Jambo

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Pretty sure you are well aware of his families position on it and his stubbornness and determination to bring success to Hearts. Along with the ridiculous hours he devotes to trying to do that. 

There is “bottle” required , to put yourself in a firing line where really the only sure fire thing is you will be booed or fired at some point. Very few managers ever escape either of those things. To do that in a public place with no real escape due to the smallness of the country the size of the club and the nature of the media , pundits , critics and supporters takes something that people in most normal jobs don’t need to have.

Indeed. Could not agree more.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• mitch41

• Enzo Chiefo

31 minutes ago, stranraer-jambo said:

Stewart has the right to give his views on Levein and Hearts through his role as an 'expert'. 

What is patently obvious is his utter disdain of Levein which blinkers his objectivity and rationalism when making points, some of them pertinent. 

His does not have this same hate campaign and vitriol with other clubs or managers, many of whom have had relatively poor seasons. They get an easier ride from him when they should be challenged more and scrutinised. 

This makes him a poor 'expert' on Scottish football due to his inconsistency. 

Or maybe he believes, like most of us do, that with the budget we have over other clubs we should be better placed in the league than we are? He's talked about poor signings, style of play and everything else the same as us.

As I've said in previous posts, I couldn't give a monkeys whether or not he hates Craig Levein, or if Craig Levein hates Michael Stewart for that matter, most replies on this thread have agreed with some of the things Stewart has said, he has the media platform to do so, we don't.

You say he doesn't have the same hate campaign (is it a hate campaign?) with other clubs or managers, I don't know, I only listen to what the pundits say, Stewart included, as opposed to looking for something else that's in his/their spiel. He's had a go plenty times at Dundee for example, and others, especially with a bigger budget than the likes of Hamilton or Livingston have in comparison to them. Does he hate their managers or coaches as well?

I, like many others, can't be bothered with him at times either, he's a mouthpiece for the media, I don't particularly like any of them but, it pays to dis-connect any dislike of Levein and actually listen to points he makes overall. He did praise Levein on his tactics after the Cup Final, something that's been lost along the way in this thread.

Hearts_fan

I like Michael Stewart most of the time, but with his comments quoted in the opening post he sounds like an absolute tool.

It's little wonder the GBC give him so prominent a platform – sycophantic when looking west, invariably biased when looking at Tynecastle.

Edited by Hearts_fan

9 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Or maybe he believes, like most of us do, that with the budget we have over other clubs we should be better placed in the league than we are?

Most is a bit of a push. Even the poll on here suggests the slimmest of a majority. 

12 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Most is a bit of a push. Even the poll on here suggests the slimmest of a majority. 

So with a bigger budget than Hibs and definitely Killie only a slim majority feel we should be better placed than we are? Interesting, and somewhat surprising.

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

So with a bigger budget than Hibs and definitely Killie only a slim majority feel we should be better placed than we are? Interesting, and somewhat surprising.

That is what the poll suggests, and that is my experience from speaking to fellow supporters, yes.

Inch Hearts
37 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

A little different from just loud mouthed troublemakers as you’ve suggested before.

I voted no because I want him to stay and build but of course I can see why others would say otherwise. By the way, you seem to be putting your personal options on Cruiky and Mikey Stewart ahead of the valid points they make. 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

That is what the poll suggests, and that is my experience from speaking to fellow supporters, yes.

What do you suggest? As you seem to deflect from giving your opinion widely although we all know what it is. 

17 minutes ago, jambonian said:

This budget crap via hibs is awful do you realise how little that is. Aberdeen is fair enough and Killie is fair enough. The difference between Hearts and Hibs this season budget wise is minute in the market we are both in

31 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

A little different from just loud mouthed troublemakers as you’ve suggested before.

I voted no because I want him to stay and build but of course I can see why others would say otherwise. By the way, you seem to be putting your personal options on Cruiky and Mikey Stewart ahead of the valid points they make. 

Nailed him...er......it!!?

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Really? When have I said anything that would imply I was thick enough to think there was a period of time when our former player, Captain and manager was in a position to employ John McGlynn as Hearts manager?

“When have I said anything”.....mmm ?

Well you do tend to try any trick in the book to win a debate TBH.

9 minutes ago, sadj said:

This budget crap via hibs is awful do you realise how little that is. Aberdeen is fair enough and Killie is fair enough. The difference between Hearts and Hibs this season budget wise is minute in the market we are both in

I'm aware that there isn't a lot in it and i'm not disagreeing but if that's the case then maybe it's our scouting policy that's the problem. They managed to get McNulty in who scored (i'm lead to believe) 13 goals as they overtook us in the league while we signed (supposedly) an unfit forward in Vanacek. I'm also aware (before anyone posts) it was a loan deal, but it's a loan deal that worked in the sense they finished higher after being a fair bit off the pace earlier in the campaign. I didn't mention Aberdeen, however as they've popped up, they are paying a bit more in wages than us but there's not a lot in it either, maybe slightly more than the difference between Hearts and Hibs but still not so far ahead. As for Killie....obviously nowhere near any of our budgets. So if it isn't about budget,  is it the scouting of players?

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

“When have I said anything”.....mmm ?

Well you do tend to try any trick in the book to win a debate TBH.

In all honesty that is both risible, and beneath you... or at least I would have said it was beneath you once.

As I have intimated previously, I am hamstrung if I get involved in an exchange like this. So I won’t.

Im trying really hard not to fight back here. Hopefully that is being noted.

12 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

In all honesty that is both risible, and beneath you... or at least I would have said it was beneath you once.

As I have intimated previously, I am hamstrung if I get involved in an exchange like this. So I won’t.

Im trying really hard not to fight back here. Hopefully that is being noted.

Going for the sympathy vote there? ?

Chill mate it’s all about the bantz! ?

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Going for the sympathy vote there? ?

Chill mate it’s all about the bantz! ?

Not really. No. I can’t respond to you in the same vein. For that reason, I’d appreciate it if you weren’t unnecessarily wide. Thanks.

7 pages on this loser.  2 on Hickey.

Mind you, I've just added to it.  I class him alongside that former ESPN Irish bloke.  As per, can"t remember his name and don't want to.  Tommy something.

At approximately 4:50pm on Saturday, one of them was completely gutted at Hearts not winning the cup.

The other was content that he’d have a few days worth of material slating the Hearts manager.

Michael Stewart can GTF. He is no Hearts man.

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

At approximately 4:50pm on Saturday, one of them was completely gutted at Hearts not winning the cup.

The other was content that he’d have a few days worth of material slating the Hearts manager.

:spoton:

ABSOLUTELY BANG ON THE ****ING CASH

On 28/05/2019 at 17:19, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Absolutely. WON the cup being the key difference.

Would we have won the cup with Skacel injured for the length of time Naismith was?

jack D and coke
8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I can’t stand Stewart.

He has an agenda against Levein however a significant number of Hearts fans (and quite a few ex players) agree with many of the points he has made.

I’ve also heard about Levein’s treatment of some players. 

I agree Stewart is a twat but some of his points stand up. 

11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I know of of player that would probably  have met your definition of treated harshly in his first spell but he was given a much reduced budget after Jeffries blew the SMG money. If he hadn't we would probably have been in administration a lot earlier.

32 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

If you are going to post accusations like that you should really have the courage to reveal who you are talking about.

Otherwise people might think you are making it up.

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Bravo. 

feldylaird
On 29/05/2019 at 19:14, SectionDJambo said:

Whatever anyone thinks of the criticism that Craig Levein gets, whether you like him or loathe him, next season will be a crucial one for him, if he continues in the head coach job. 

Another average to poor league season will offer no excuses. Cup runs are great, and we havent had too many recently, before this season, but the weekly feeling around the club has to improve. Our home record last season, repeated next season, will cause major unrest amongst the fans.

He's not in the Head Coach job.

feldylaird
42 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Bravo. 

Very good point. The very few occasions MS takes an intelligent and balanced view (he seems to me to be consistent in his treating the old firm as one and the same) are far outweighed by his blinkered anti-Levein slavers.

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I think we all know that levein can be harsh on players that don’t do what they are asked.

I dont see the problem with that

We also have MacPhee now who is well known at top player “arm round the shoulder” management so their is balance.

At the end of the day all the key players that have given us the best form and attitude this season have signed extended contracts.

That tells you all you need to know and should really shut the anti-Levein roasters up once and for all.

5 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Not really. No. I can’t respond to you in the same vein. For that reason, I’d appreciate it if you weren’t unnecessarily wide. Thanks.

Fine by me!

But TBH if you read back your comments when I said I had spoken to ex players and an ex Manager your comments were unnecessarily wide in my book.

7 hours ago, jambonian said:

Or maybe he believes, like most of us do, that with the budget we have over other clubs we should be better placed in the league than we are? He's talked about poor signings, style of play and everything else the same as us.

As I've said in previous posts, I couldn't give a monkeys whether or not he hates Craig Levein, or if Craig Levein hates Michael Stewart for that matter, most replies on this thread have agreed with some of the things Stewart has said, he has the media platform to do so, we don't.

You say he doesn't have the same hate campaign (is it a hate campaign?) with other clubs or managers, I don't know, I only listen to what the pundits say, Stewart included, as opposed to looking for something else that's in his/their spiel. He's had a go plenty times at Dundee for example, and others, especially with a bigger budget than the likes of Hamilton or Livingston have in comparison to them. Does he hate their managers or coaches as well?

I, like many others, can't be bothered with him at times either, he's a mouthpiece for the media, I don't particularly like any of them but, it pays to dis-connect any dislike of Levein and actually listen to points he makes overall. He did praise Levein on his tactics after the Cup Final, something that's been lost along the way in this thread.

Good post ...... MS Ithought most of his points are pretty much bang on . The reference to Mcinnes comments were perhaps ill judged the other night which sounded petty 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, jambonian said:

Nah, just less than half think Craig will get us better than the above and Aberdeen giving time. 

Just over half think a new manager will fix everything. 

Like they did with Robbie- Cathro. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Whatever said:

100%

Not the only one either. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, jambonian said:

I'm aware that there isn't a lot in it and i'm not disagreeing but if that's the case then maybe it's our scouting policy that's the problem. They managed to get McNulty in who scored (i'm lead to believe) 13 goals as they overtook us in the league while we signed (supposedly) an unfit forward in Vanacek. I'm also aware (before anyone posts) it was a loan deal, but it's a loan deal that worked in the sense they finished higher after being a fair bit off the pace earlier in the campaign. I didn't mention Aberdeen, however as they've popped up, they are paying a bit more in wages than us but there's not a lot in it either, maybe slightly more than the difference between Hearts and Hibs but still not so far ahead. As for Killie....obviously nowhere near any of our budgets. So if it isn't about budget,  is it the scouting of players?

Spot on about the scouting. McNulty scored 7 goals in 15 games with a few penalties but definitely contributed more than Vanacek did. Interestingly enough Hibs signed him and Omeonga on Loan when they didnt have a manager, can you imagine if we had done that in between Robbie and Cathro for example.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on about the scouting. McNulty scored 7 goals in 15 games with a few penalties but definitely contributed more than Vanacek did. Interestingly enough Hibs signed him and Omeonga on Loan when they didnt have a manager, can you imagine if we had done that in between Robbie and Cathro for example.

We scouted McNulty and made a move for him before Hibs did. He didn't want to come back to Scotland when we enquired but had changed his mind by the time hibs came along.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

We scouted McNulty and made a move for him before Hibs did. He didn't want to come back to Scotland when we enquired but had changed his mind by the time hibs came along.

When did we ask him, he only signed for Reading last summer? Decent player but doesn’t seem to like balls shelled at his head. Can’t see anyone up here signing him as he will be on good wages at Reading.

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

When did we ask him, he only signed for Reading last summer? Decent player but doesn’t seem to like balls shelled at his head. Can’t see anyone up here signing him as he will be on good wages at Reading.

January, he said it in an interview. We enquired at the start of the window, he said no, didn't want to come up the road. Hibs enquired towards the end when he hadn't had any offers from down south and he said yes. 

Doctor FinnBarr
7 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Would we have won the cup with Skacel injured for the length of time Naismith was?

What? Really?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

January, he said it in an interview. We enquired at the start of the window, he said no, didn't want to come up the road. Hibs enquired towards the end when he hadn't had any offers from down south and he said yes. 

Didn’t know that, would’ve helped us enormously.

2 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

What? Really?

Yes. Really.

We wouldn’t have won the semi against Celtic for starters. There was no-one else at the club capable of scoring a goal like our first other than Skacel.

So yes, really.

Anything we did that season Skacel carried us. He also bailed us out against St Mirren earlier on.

So yes, really really.

Why would you suggest otherwise?

i wish jj was my dad
11 hours ago, Whatever said:

And a disappointing some others felt the need to behave similarly. 

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Yes. Really.

We wouldn’t have won the semi against Celtic for starters. There was no-one else at the club capable of scoring a goal like our first other than Skacel.

So yes, really.

Anything we did that season Skacel carried us. He also bailed us out against St Mirren earlier on.

So yes, really really.

Why would you suggest otherwise?

So Naismith would've won us the final had he been fit, is that what your saying?

i wish jj was my dad
31 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

So Naismith would've won us the final had he been fit, is that what your saying?

I think he might have.

1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Id say a big yes

16 hours ago, jambonian said:

Fair point but he is always very quick to countenance any praise he ever gives Levein.  It's almost impossible to disconnect his dislike of Levein because it consumes him.  

highlandjambo3
16 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

I like Michael Stewart most of the time, but with his comments quoted in the opening post he sounds like an absolute tool.

It's little wonder the GBC give him so prominent a platform – sycophantic when looking west, invariably biased when looking at Tynecastle.

Typically Stewart has to service two agendas which are constantly on loop:

1.  Stewart is a pundit and most (if not all) his fact based observations are relatively accurate and get noticed.  When writing an article, he has the time to ponder over his piece and ensure he is prepared and ready to defend any statements he has made.  He has masters to satisfy and walks fairly close to the tolerance line (crossing occasionally).  I am sure he will have been chest poked on more than one occasion.

2.  From time to time he lets his mask slip, particularly on a live or pre recorded broadcast when put on the spot, especially  where the subject “CL” pops up.  I for one don’t think he has an anti hearts agenda but will drag us down to have a pop at CL where he most definitely has an agenda.

In summary:

a.  MS does state the facts more often than not and, it’s hard to disagree with most of what he says.

b.  MS is tool.

AGoodLaugh
11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Start of the January window 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/marc-mcnulty-reveals-interest-from-hearts-prior-to-joining-hibs-on-loan-1-4895239

Hearts_fan
9 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Typically Stewart has to service two agendas which are constantly on loop:

1.  Stewart is a pundit and most (if not all) his fact based observations are relatively accurate and get noticed.  When writing an article, he has the time to ponder over his piece and ensure he is prepared and ready to defend any statements he has made.  He has masters to satisfy and walks fairly close to the tolerance line (crossing occasionally).  I am sure he will have been chest poked on more than one occasion.

2.  From time to time he lets his mask slip, particularly on a live or pre recorded broadcast when put on the spot, especially  where the subject “CL” pops up.  I for one don’t think he has an anti hearts agenda but will drag us down to have a pop at CL where he most definitely has an agenda.

In summary:

a.  MS does state the facts more often than not and, it’s hard to disagree with most of what he says.

b.  MS is tool.

Pretty much! :D