Jump to content
NB GIN

Djoum - final talks

Recommended Posts

Glottis

The funny thing with Djoum is that he is a much better all around player than he was a couple of years ago.

He should have clubs beating his door down.

 

As an attacking midfielder who went missing every so often he'd probably have plenty of takers.

As a central midfielder who gets stuck in (can't believe i'm typing that about Djoum!) and can play the ball... not as much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lfhearts

Sevco have a great midfield, so obviously they are not interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ramrod
Posted (edited)

.

Edited by ramrod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ramrod
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

 

You’ve seen Haring playing as a number 10? ??‍♂️

 

Edited by ramrod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MoncurMacdonaldMercer

lazy non-trier unfortunately

 

if he doesn't get his dream big move hopefully Aberdeen or hibs will sign him

 

thanks for the first few months arnaud

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rick witter
6 hours ago, Drumjambo said:

 

He didn't play early in the season he started his first game was us getting turned over 3-1 at Ibroke 

 

We can't do without him though.......Meh!!!

Djoum?? Or Lee. 

Think Lee was a regular starter in the early games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
25 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

lazy non-trier unfortunately

 

if he doesn't get his dream big move hopefully Aberdeen or hibs will sign him

 

thanks for the first few months arnaud

 

 

:cornette:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notts1874
3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

 

:cornette:

Folk just attention seeking. The really weird thing is he isn't even a Hearts player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P

Naismith not signed yet ... future club captain, manager and all round hero. 

 

Djoum not signed yet ... lazy *******, wage thief and general disappointment!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

 

Fabinho: 2 goals in 36 matches

Henderson: 1 goal in 43 matches

Ndidi: 2 goals in 38 matches

Fernandinho: 1 goal in 37 matches

Moutinho: 1 goal in 38 matches

 

Brown: 1 goal in 38 matches

McGregor: 3 goals in 35 matches

Jack: 4 goals in 40 matches

Shinnie: 3 goals in 36 matches

 

All pish midfielders who do nothing?

 

Or are they the sort of important cogs every successful team needs to help the more creative players?

 

?

 

 

All pish midfielders. 

 

If you don't score or run about like a rage yer shite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
6 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Hope Djoum stays - our most technically gifted footballer

 

Technically gifted  ? 

 

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Agent Dale Cooper
7 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Hope Djoum stays - our most technically gifted footballer

He's certainly up there! 

Underrated player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
50 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

Technically gifted  ? 

 

:rofl:

 

Yes laughing boy - you don’t play in a winning African Cup team if you are a dummy!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
28 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

Yes laughing boy - you don’t play in a winning African Cup team if you are a dummy!!

 

Laughing boy ! :rofl:

 

If he was technically gifted he wouldn't be a Hearts player. 

 

Sad but true. 

 

Who said he was a dummy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
8 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

Laughing boy ! :rofl:

 

If he was technically gifted he wouldn't be a Hearts player. 

 

Sad but true. 

 

Who said he was a dummy? 

 

Hartley

Skacel

Flogel

Valois

Colquhoun

McCann

Jankauskas

 

Not technically gifted apparently ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo
9 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

Yes laughing boy - you don’t play in a winning African Cup team if you are a dummy!!

Oshinawa? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Agent Dale Cooper
39 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

 

Hartley

Skacel

Flogel

Valois

Colquhoun

McCann

Jankauskas

 

Not technically gifted apparently ?

That Takis Fyssas couldn't play football either, huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Agent Dale Cooper
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

 

Hartley

Skacel

Flogel

Valois

Colquhoun

McCann

Jankauskas

 

Not technically gifted apparently ?

 

Edited by Special Agent Dale Cooper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peebo
9 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

If he was technically gifted he wouldn't be a Hearts player.  

Can you expand on this point? Seems like you are implying that Hearts have not had technically gifted players, or perhaps not in the last few years. Is that what you mean? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
9 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

Laughing boy ! :rofl:

 

If he was technically gifted he wouldn't be a Hearts player. 

 

Sad but true. 

 

Who said he was a dummy? 

 

You've put more brainpower into using the emoji than you have into writing that statement! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
19 hours ago, DH1986 said:

 

He played well in the first quarter of the season.

 

They all did tbf.

 

Was injured until mid September

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-chances-of-keeping-arnaud-djoum-hinge-on-cameroon-s-africa-cup-of-nations-progress-1-4947186

 

Update on the situation. All seems fair enough. I think it is natural for Djoum to want to wait until after the African Cup of Nations to make his final decision. 

 

And fair of Hearts to look at other players who we could miss out on waiting for Djoum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

 

Hartley

Skacel

Flogel

Valois

Colquhoun

McCann

Jankauskas

 

Not technically gifted apparently ?

Ricardo_Fuller.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Drumjambo
10 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

Yes laughing boy - you don’t play in a winning African Cup team if you are a dummy!!

 

Effe Ambrose??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo

Ok JKB friends. I am an honest bloke and will admit when I am wrong. 

 

I have been taken to task, and quite rightly so, about technically gifted players not being Hearts players. 

 

The ones listed by you guys certainly were technically gifted and I loved watching them all. 

 

I got that one wrong. In slight mitigation, it was really Djoum I was referring to but I didn't convey that very well. 

 

Hopefully more technically gifted players will sign for us soon. Starting with Naismith. 

 

Apologies again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peebo
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

And fair of Hearts to look at other players who we could miss out on waiting for Djoum. 

Of course. And we would be absolutely negligent not to. Djoum’s essentially no more our player than any other free agent now. We clearly have some advantages over other clubs. He is clearly taking a risk by not having a contract in place. All entirely fair enough. He needs to do what he thinks is best for himself, and we need to do what is best for Hearts. Hopefully the two come together, and result in a very good midfielder remaining with us for another couple of years. 

Edited by Peebo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
30 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ok JKB friends. I am an honest bloke and will admit when I am wrong. 

 

I have been taken to task, and quite rightly so, about technically gifted players not being Hearts players. 

 

The ones listed by you guys certainly were technically gifted and I loved watching them all. 

 

I got that one wrong. In slight mitigation, it was really Djoum I was referring to but I didn't convey that very well. 

 

Hopefully more technically gifted players will sign for us soon. Starting with Naismith. 

 

Apologies again.

??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

??

 

:lol:

 

fancy banning me from this one as Well, Dave?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

 

Hartley

Skacel

Flogel

Valois

Colquhoun

McCann

Jankauskas

 

Not technically gifted apparently ?

 

Exactly Frank - it was a pretty crass comment about our Club from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ok JKB friends. I am an honest bloke and will admit when I am wrong. 

 

I have been taken to task, and quite rightly so, about technically gifted players not being Hearts players. 

 

The ones listed by you guys certainly were technically gifted and I loved watching them all. 

 

I got that one wrong. In slight mitigation, it was really Djoum I was referring to but I didn't convey that very well. 

 

Hopefully more technically gifted players will sign for us soon. Starting with Naismith. 

 

Apologies again.

 

No laughing boy this time? ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

You've put more brainpower into using the emoji than you have into writing that statement! 

 

??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
54 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

:lol:

 

fancy banning me from this one as Well, Dave?

 

 

:sterb147:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zico

I’d like him to stay as I think he’s one of our better players. However he’s probably only got one decent contract left so I don’t blame him for taking time to see what his options are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

No laughing boy this time? ?

 

Always laughing. Even on the very few occasions when I am wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saughton Jambo
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ok JKB friends. I am an honest bloke and will admit when I am wrong. 

 

I have been taken to task, and quite rightly so, about technically gifted players not being Hearts players. 

 

The ones listed by you guys certainly were technically gifted and I loved watching them all. 

 

I got that one wrong. In slight mitigation, it was really Djoum I was referring to but I didn't convey that very well. 

 

Hopefully more technically gifted players will sign for us soon. Starting with Naismith. 

 

Apologies again.

Don’t worry about JTJ. I’ve had a few of my own howlers on here. Mostly when I’m drunk or angry or both. I’ve realised as soon as I hit send that the JKB masses can be a sarcastic unforgiving bunch. I’ve learned my lesson. No offence taken from me. HHGH

Edited by Saughton Jambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
Just now, Saughton Jambo said:

Don’t worry about JTJ. I’ve had a few of my own bowlers on here. Mostly when I’m drunk or angry or both. I’ve realised as soon as I hit send that the JKB masses can be a sarcastic unforgiving bunch. I’ve learned my lesson. No offence taken from me. HHGH

 

:thumbsup:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

:lol:

 

fancy banning me from this one as Well, Dave?

 

 

:rofl: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
14 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Naismith not signed yet ... future club captain, manager and all round hero. 

 

Djoum not signed yet ... lazy *******, wage thief and general disappointment!

 

Not agreeing with the comments thrown at Djoum per se but these aren't comparable situations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

Not agreeing with the comments thrown at Djoum per se but these aren't comparable situations. 

 

Both have been offered contracts, both haven’t signed the contacts, both may not be Hearts players next season. Seems comparable to me ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Both have been offered contracts, both haven’t signed the contacts, both may not be Hearts players next season. Seems comparable to me ...

 

Well aye if you ignore all the logical suggestions that Naismith has to wait till the end of the month to ensure he gets a particular payment from Norwich, the fact Naismith and Levein have both said it's basically a done deal, while Djoum is holding to see what his best offer is (which is fair enough). Naismith almost certainly going to be a Hearts player next year, Djoum is 50/50 at best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

Well aye if you ignore all the logical suggestions that Naismith has to wait till the end of the month to ensure he gets a particular payment from Norwich, the fact Naismith and Levein have both said it's basically a done deal, while Djoum is holding to see what his best offer is (which is fair enough). Naismith almost certainly going to be a Hearts player next year, Djoum is 50/50 at best. 

 

That’s all well and good but the factual scenarios are exactly the same. The reasons for not signing yet are the difference. Nothing is definite with Naismith until he signs and scarf is above head. Same applies to Djoum, he may have a think about it and decide to stay in Edinburgh. It would be great if both signed, we would then only need a couple of signings to add to the arrivals of Halkett and White.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Section Q

Easy to see it's the close season.

No football...boredom... gossip.....rumours......who's in the know......the odd fibs......!

Roll on August.......!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
58 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

:rofl: 

 

It's only a matter of time.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth
24 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

It's only a matter of time.....

 

I know the feeling pal, snowflakes everywhere :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DH1986
6 hours ago, Drumjambo said:

 

Effe Ambrose??

 

 

Juwon Oshaniwa ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot
16 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

Laughing boy ! :rofl:

 

If he was technically gifted he wouldn't be a Hearts player. 

 

Sad but true. 

 

Who said he was a dummy? 

 

 

He did say "our most" technically gifted. 

 

It's all relative to us and Scotland ofc. 

 

He is one of our more technical, foot on the ball, head up type players. 

 

Smith, Souttar and Naismith being the others imo. 

 

 

Clare as well, although I prefer to class him as a "flare" player.... Wee back heels and that... 

 

For comparison, Berra the least technical..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olly Lee's left boot
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Ricardo_Fuller.jpg

 

 

Kingston as well. 

Watt was surprisingly "technical" as well, unbelievable first touch. 

For comparison - Neil Berry, not so much ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
8 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

Always laughing. Even on the very few occasions when I am wrong.

 

Good attitude! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rick witter
7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

That’s all well and good but the factual scenarios are exactly the same. The reasons for not signing yet are the difference. Nothing is definite with Naismith until he signs and scarf is above head. Same applies to Djoum, he may have a think about it and decide to stay in Edinburgh. It would be great if both signed, we would then only need a couple of signings to add to the arrivals of Halkett and White.

Only another couple!!! 

We need at least 5 players on top of Halkett, White and Naismith imo to try and close a huge gap that is there between ourselves and Aberdeen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...