Djoum - final talks

NB GIN

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, RudiHMFC said:

Naaaah. You have to have some excitement in a long hard SPFL season. Finishing 3rd or 4th and getting pinged off some minnows in Europa qualifying just doesn't cut it.

‘That’s sustained by trying to overcome league placing of those around you.

I get the true derby rivalry and how it generates additional excitement and tension in those games.

we get that with SevCo, despite them not being a geographical derby. The one team I enjoy beating more than anyone else is SevCo.

You don’t need to be based within a certain distance of each other to have that mutual desire to beat each other.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• IveSeenTheLight

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mr Elwood P

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Thats fine.

we are not consumed by rivalry.

16 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Every team we play is a rival.

On 4th August, Hearts will be our rival as we compete against each other.

Now I’m confused.......

so so do you have rivals or not?

46 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I get the true derby rivalry and how it generates additional excitement and tension in those games.

we get that with SevCo, despite them not being a geographical derby. The one team I enjoy beating more than anyone else is SevCo.

You don’t need to be based within a certain distance of each other to have that mutual desire to beat each other.

Man Utd and Liverpool being a prime example. 

Maiden Gorgie
2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Apart from Miller, I'm glad he exists as it feeds my need to vent anger in a harmless non confrontational and only vocal manner. My therapist says its good for me, and as I no longer rip their heads of, I'm getting through less hamsters by focusing my hatred towards that drivelling welt. Can't stand the bloke. How the hell he ever gets the gig as a pundit eludes me. Horrible, odious shit spouting northern twat. 

See, I feel better already. 

That is poetry

8 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Rangers and Sevco have ridden you rigid since the eighties. They only have eyes for Celtic though. The Aberdeen v Rangers derby? :rofl:

Cruyff Turn

I’ll be extremely disappointed if we wait this out, he doesn’t re-sign and we end up with some last minute panic free agent no one wants as a replacement. I’d prefer we just withdrew our offer and move on, sign someone younger and hungrier. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’ll be extremely disappointed if we wait this out, he doesn’t re-sign and we end up with some last minute panic free agent no one wants as a replacement. I’d prefer we just withdrew our offer and move on, sign someone younger and hungrier. 

I would have thought that you'd rather we signed someone better

We cannot sign who we want to simply due to the budget we have and for the money Djoum would be a good player to have signed up

He's looking for the best deal he can given this will be his last major contract and yes he's hoping performances in Africa will boost his profile and interest among other clubs. That is life people and just as we will lose players we will sign players who move from clubs who cannot afford what we can pay.

We wait and see for another couple of weeks or we move on but there are weeks to go until the window closes and there will be many players who become available during the window...….but will they be better for the money we can afford and for what Djoum will sign for ?

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

We cannot sign who we want to simply due to the budget we have and for the money Djoum would be a good player to have signed up

He's looking for the best deal he can given this will be his last major contract and yes he's hoping performances in Africa will boost his profile and interest among other clubs. That is life people and just as we will lose players we will sign players who move from clubs who cannot afford what we can pay.

We wait and see for another couple of weeks or we move on but there are weeks to go until the window closes and there will be many players who become available during the window...….but will they be better for the money we can afford and for what Djoum will sign for ?

I'd rather give Cochrane more game time.

If he can't give performances better than Djoum, he won't make it.

I understand that some people think he (Djoum) is good, and some think he is shite, which exactly why,  if Cochrane doesn't have more favorable reports, then he will struggle to make it with Hearts.

Personally, I think Djoum is as bang average as a Macdonalds.  You pretty much know what you are getting, so you're never expecting a ****ing Michelin Star meal -   5/10

Cruyff Turn
41 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I think Djoum is our best midfielder but I don’t think he’s worth waiting on, nor worth the wage he’d be looking for. We’re probably offering somewhere between 4-6k a week, I’d imagine that would include bonuses and also add on bonuses for target met. 

I’m pretty certain we could find someone who is within our budget to replace him if we act quickly, but good players don’t stay free agents for long and we can’t hang about waiting for Djoum. My worry is that if we wait to long, we end up in a situation where we are looking at bargain basement replacements. 

Thing is with Djoum, and I know folk don’t rate him but he’s big, strong, shields the ball extremely well, can tackle, wins headers, 2nd balls and attempts forwards and through passes. That is hard to replace within our budget and I accept that ,but a Bozanic or a Lee level player will not be adequate to replace him and that is the worry. 

I sincerely hope that we have all avenues covered and already have replacements in mind because if he isn’t replaced effectively, it would severely weaken us in the key area of the park. 

Yes, there are young lads coming through but they haven’t got the experience nor the physicality that Djoum offers. 

We we can find wingers, we can find creative types, I’m sure they are ten a penny when contracts are expiring on the 30th but big 6ft, strong, powerful midfielders are like hens teeth. We need to move fast, we need someone in with a pre season under their belt.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

pettigrewsstylist
7 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I feel your pain.  We seem have handed him all the cards. Doubt we can move on till he says so. Your scenario above is realistic possibility.

IveSeenTheLight
7 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Rangers and Sevco have ridden you rigid since the eighties. They only have eyes for Celtic though. The Aberdeen v Rangers derby? :rofl:

I made it very clear it’s not a Derby.

last season, we beat them 3 times in Glasgow, knocking them out of both cups..

same again this season I hope ;)

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

I made it very clear it’s not a Derby.

last season, we beat them 3 times in Glasgow, knocking them out of both cups..

same again this season I hope ;)

Wow. Do you also have ‘Milk Monitor’ on your CV? :lol: 

6 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I think Djoum is our best midfielder but I don’t think he’s worth waiting on, nor worth the wage he’d be looking for. We’re probably offering somewhere between 4-6k a week, I’d imagine that would include bonuses and also add on bonuses for target met. 

I’m pretty certain we could find someone who is within our budget to replace him if we act quickly, but good players don’t stay free agents for long and we can’t hang about waiting for Djoum. My worry is that if we wait to long, we end up in a situation where we are looking at bargain basement replacements. 

Thing is with Djoum, and I know folk don’t rate him but he’s big, strong, shields the ball extremely well, can tackle, wins headers, 2nd balls and attempts forwards and through passes. That is hard to replace within our budget and I accept that ,but a Bozanic or a Lee level player will not be adequate to replace him and that is the worry. 

I sincerely hope that we have all avenues covered and already have replacements in mind because if he isn’t replaced effectively, it would severely weaken us in the key area of the park. 

Yes, there are young lads coming through but they haven’t got the experience nor the physicality that Djoum offers. 

We we can find wingers, we can find creative types, I’m sure they are ten a penny when contracts are expiring on the 30th but big 6ft, strong, powerful midfielders are like hens teeth. We need to move fast, we need someone in with a pre season under their belt.

He can tackle you say? he most defintely cant, cleanly anyway....joint top of yellow cards dished out last season and in good company of equally hot headed players...not a stranger to a red and lucky not to have more to boot...

Forward passes.... ??? once in a blue moon and law of averages perhaps only....

His performances and stats are woeful...so slow in possession and likes to receive the ball facing his team mate head on and facing his own goal, simply giving the ball away more often than not....

He was brought to hurt teams in the last third and done that his first 6 months or so or until he won the African Nations...

Would be a massive boost if he leaves and we get someone like Harry or Edwards to replcae Djoum at least...Edwards desire and fitness has already paid dividends in his brief outings for us compared to that waster Djoum....

IveSeenTheLight
36 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Wow. Do you also have ‘Milk Monitor’ on your CV? :lol: 

Lol, but don’t “cream” myself either focussing only on derby results ;)

IveSeenTheLight
9 minutes ago, Braminho said:

Complete arse of a man

9 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Can someone explain why there is an Aberdeen fan constantly on a hearts fans forum?

It just turned into a bit of banter guys, no harm intended.

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

You must really enjoy Jambos kickback to keep coming back. Are Aberdeen forums really as poor as you say and do you post on any other club's forums?

Genuine questions, bud. 

grumpyespana
19 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Apart from Miller, I'm glad he exists as it feeds my need to vent anger in a harmless non confrontational and only vocal manner. My therapist says its good for me, and as I no longer rip their heads of, I'm getting through less hamsters by focusing my hatred towards that drivelling welt. Can't stand the bloke. How the hell he ever gets the gig as a pundit eludes me. Horrible, odious shit spouting northern twat. 

Dinnie like him myself but he was some player in his day lol.

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Dinnie like him myself but he was some player in his day lol.

Certainly was. Now, however, he's a grade A prick. 

Nookie Bear

Aberdeen are very much direct rivals of Hearts imo

Thats why I can’t be bothered with their fans posing on here. 

Cruyff Turn
3 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

He can tackle you say? he most defintely cant, cleanly anyway....joint top of yellow cards dished out last season and in good company of equally hot headed players...not a stranger to a red and lucky not to have more to boot...

His performances and stats are woeful...so slow in possession and likes to receive the ball facing his team mate head on and facing his own goal, simply giving the ball away more often than not....

He was brought to hurt teams in the last third and done that his first 6 months or so or until he won the African Nations...

Would be a massive boost if he leaves and we get someone like Harry or Edwards to replcae Djoum at least...Edwards desire and fitness has already paid dividends in his brief outings for us compared to that waster Djoum....

Stick to cashing cheques Gav 

20 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Willie Miller is from Glasgow 

Hope that helps

21 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Thats fine.

we are not consumed by rivalry.

Still struggling to know why you hang about on a hearts forum ?

IveSeenTheLight
3 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Still struggling to know why you hang about on a hearts forum ?

I tend to look in around our games and of course silly season when we are looking at similar players.

Broadens the mind to see differing opinions.

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I tend to look in around our games and of course silly season when we are looking at similar players.

You sound like you have a very exciting life ?

6 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

That comment was meant for the pat bonner thread, must have clicked on this by mistake ?.apologies

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Braminho said:

That comment was meant for the pat bonner thread, must have clicked on this by mistake ?.apologies

? Then your absolutely spot on ?

Robbo-Jambo
6 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Do you go on other clubs fans forums.

Genuine question.

LarrysRightFoot

Djoum is a massive problem for us and I cannot believe Levein has let this drag on. The fact he is using us as a pawn is a disgrace.

What makes it even worse is he is useless most of the time. Yes he’s neat and tidy and probably decent positionally but he has no drive, makes the wrong decisions more often than not, doesn’t score and doesn’t assist enough. 

He has the ability to do all of the above but just goes through the motions. It’s unacceptable. 

We desperately need a leader in midfield - in my opinion the correct signing in there will transform the whole team. If we were in for Bryson I’m disappointed to have missed out on him (assuming he’s still got a bit in the tank). 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

IveSeenTheLight
9 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Do you go on other clubs fans forums.

Genuine question.

Yes.

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Get a hobby

IveSeenTheLight
7 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Get a hobby

Supporting the Dons and looking at what others around us are doing, keeping on top of the news and analysing potential scenarios is my hobby.

Football is my hobby.

What’s yours?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
48 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Djoum is a massive problem for us and I cannot believe Levein has let this drag on. The fact he is using us as a pawn is a disgrace.

What makes it even worse is he is useless most of the time. Yes he’s neat and tidy and probably decent positionally but he has no drive, makes the wrong decisions more often than not, doesn’t score and doesn’t assist enough. 

He has the ability to do all of the above but just goes through the motions. It’s unacceptable. 

We desperately need a leader in midfield - in my opinion the correct signing in there will transform the whole team. If we were in for Bryson I’m disappointed to have missed out on him (assuming he’s still got a bit in the tank). 

We don't know that Levein has. Replacement may well be planned. But he won't tell that to the world 

heartandsoul
7 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Can someone explain why there is an Aberdeen fan constantly on a hearts fans forum?

This

7 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Careful!

It might be a wolf.

Leveins Battalion

Its feckin weird,I come on once a day to see if we've signed anybody and have to read through pages of posts by a sheepshagger.

TyphoonJambo
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Willie Miller is from Glasgow 

Hope that helps

not really, in fact i now need another hamster

I personally hope that we don't resign Djoum. OK, he occasionally has the odd great game but he's very inconsistent and an unnecessarily dirty player. Just my view. 

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, Barack said:

What's happening at Hamilton & Ross County, bud?

Any good signing in the pipeline for them??

Talks apparently happening for Scott Wright to go to Ross County.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

We don't know that Levein has. Replacement may well be planned. But he won't tell that to the world 

Djoum has been offered a deal but if Levein finds someone as good, or better, for that role for the same money then he may find the offer off the table. It's a two way street. 

LarrysRightFoot
18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Djoum has been offered a deal but if Levein finds someone as good, or better, for that role for the same money then he may find the offer off the table. It's a two way street. 

If he doesn’t want to commit to us we should be showing him the door. Nobody should be allowed to treat the club like this - especially somebody as average as Djoum.

Bridge of Djoum
On 22/06/2019 at 08:51, IveSeenTheLight said:

The season is 38 games long, nae just 4 ;)

A wins a win, 3 points are the same.

I’m happy to take wins against anyone 

Don't talk pish. Telling me a win against TTFKAR is just the same as beating Killie to a Dons fan?

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Supporting the Dons and looking at what others around us are doing, keeping on top of the news and analysing potential scenarios is my hobby.

Football is my hobby.

What’s yours?

Hanging about on a Hearts forum giving Aberdeen chat that nobody cares about, jog on mate. 

I come on here to talk about the team I support, get maroon tinted chat from fellow jambos. If I wanted to talk to fans from other teams I do it in person or fire over to pie and Bovril.

Can't imagine the circumstance where I start posting on an Aberdeen forum, firstly because it's weird and secondly the posters are on there for Aberdeen chat not my take on Hearts..?

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, Neil_Grant said:

I personally hope that we don't resign Djoum. OK, he occasionally has the odd great game but he's very inconsistent and an unnecessarily dirty player. Just my view. 

He's been slavering about moving to a "higher level" almost from the day he arrived, plus he's performed mostly as if he couldn't give a shit. We must be more desperate than even I think we are to want to hold onto this imposter.

4 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

He's been slavering about moving to a "higher level" almost from the day he arrived, plus he's performed mostly as if he couldn't give a shit. We must be more desperate than even I think we are to want to hold onto this imposter.

Spot on

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I think the point is that the talent pool available at that money may be considerably smaller by the time we get an answer.  Of course that argument only stands up if we are indeed holding back on signing someone till AJ decides on our offer. I would hope we are taking his refusal as a solid NO and trying to sign replacement as we spk.

pettigrewsstylist
10 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

I was with you all the way here ,,,till Edwards :). Jury out on Edwards, deserves a chance next season tho. Agree with rest of your post.