Jump to content
NB GIN

Djoum - final talks

Recommended Posts

ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Only another couple!!! 

We need at least 5 players on top of Halkett, White and Naismith imo to try and close a huge gap that is there between ourselves and Aberdeen. 

 

We need a winger, creative mid or two and striker. Closing the gap in points from last season means about 3 more wins for us and 3 more losses for them. Not huge at all. Even the most ardent Levein outers must admit we'd have had at least 3 more wins last season without the injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

 

We need a winger, creative mid or two and striker. Closing the gap in points from last season means about 3 more wins for us and 3 more losses for them. Not huge at all. Even the most ardent Levein outers must admit we'd have had at least 3 more wins last season without the injuries.

Sounds better when you put it that way. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Sounds better when you put it that way. ?

 

Glass half full and all that! The league was pretty exciting between 2nd and the playoff spot last season, hopefully same again but with us providing a more consistent challenge for 3rd at least.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles
4 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

 

 

Kingston as well. 

Watt was surprisingly "technical" as well, unbelievable first touch. 

For comparison - Neil Berry, not so much ?

 

Neil Berry had an excellent touch. Just ask Paul Wright. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

Only another couple!!! 

We need at least 5 players on top of Halkett, White and Naismith imo to try and close a huge gap that is there between ourselves and Aberdeen. 

 

We don’t at all. We beat Aberdeen twice at Tynecastle this season. We need 1 midfielder, 1 winger and 1 striker. 2 strikers if Vanacek is off. We then need a normal season in terms of injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

We need a winger, creative mid or two and striker. Closing the gap in points from last season means about 3 more wins for us and 3 more losses for them. Not huge at all. Even the most ardent Levein outers must admit we'd have had at least 3 more wins last season without the injuries.

 

Hadn’t even read this post before

writing the above reply. Some folk know the game and can see what is required. Others simply can’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leveins Battalion

Why have we not just binned this imposter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arthur Morgan

I honestly don't think there is a huge gap squad wise between us and Aberdeen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I honestly don't think there is a huge gap squad wise between us and Aberdeen. 

 

They've been ahead of us in terms of squad and manager stability and just needing to add a player or two each season. They've now lost a lot of that core and we've built one up so we're much more equal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ibrahim Tall

If there was a mile between ourselves and Aberdeen we wouldn’t have been above them for half a season, the gap at the end only existed due to us completely capitulating after Christmas once the injuries set in. 

If everyone is fit there isn’t a great deal between ourselves, Killie or Aberdeen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bridge of Djoum
11 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ok JKB friends. I am an honest bloke and will admit when I am wrong. 

 

I have been taken to task, and quite rightly so, about technically gifted players not being Hearts players. 

 

The ones listed by you guys certainly were technically gifted and I loved watching them all. 

 

I got that one wrong. In slight mitigation, it was really Djoum I was referring to but I didn't convey that very well. 

 

Hopefully more technically gifted players will sign for us soon. Starting with Naismith. 

 

Apologies again.

Seemed an I’ll-judged attempt, especially when you consider the opinion came from a man who openly admitted to buying a handbag on another thread. :vrface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bridge of Djoum
10 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

Exactly Frank - it was a pretty crass comment about our Club from him.

:rofl:something you could never be accused of, eh sunshine? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
37 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

:rofl:something you could never be accused of, eh sunshine? 

 

What kept you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
11 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Seemed an I’ll-judged attempt, especially when you consider the opinion came from a man who openly admitted to buying a handbag on another thread. :vrface:

 

:verysmug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jammy T

When does his contract with us actually run out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lovecraft
16 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

When does his contract with us actually run out?

 I think it already did.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pettigrewsstylist

Hope he has a fantastic tournament and the offers flood in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gjcc
5 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Hope he has a fantastic tournament and the offers flood in. 

 

Hope he performs below par and offers dry up with ours being withdrawn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jammy T
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

 I think it already did.

 

 

 

Wonder if he has one of these “13 month” clauses as well...

Edited by Jammy T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
38 minutes ago, gjcc said:

 

Hope he performs below par and offers dry up with ours being withdrawn. 

 

How would that be a good thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Iamborg

??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
1 minute ago, Iamborg said:

??

 

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Iamborg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
2 minutes ago, Iamborg said:

:olly:

 

So it would appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gjcc
52 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

How would that be a good thing?

 

Said mainly in jest.

But Hearts have hung on, for several months now, to see if he’ll sign. I’d rather we had a replacement lined up and signed in time to gel with the team before the league starts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jammy T
2 hours ago, gjcc said:

 

Said mainly in jest.

But Hearts have hung on, for several months now, to see if he’ll sign. I’d rather we had a replacement lined up and signed in time to gel with the team before the league starts. 

 

We’ll be looking and discussing potential deals with our alternative options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

 

We’ll be looking and discussing potential deals with our alternative options.

Bryson will come in if djoum goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Bryson will come in if djoum goes.

If Bryson was a definite to sign I'd get on with that now and take djoum offer of the table and say bye bye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Le Chat
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

If Bryson was a definite to sign I'd get on with that now and take djoum offer of the table and say bye bye

 

:Agree:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tcjambo

Maybe Djoum has signed already but no announcement until after AFCON?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Rabbit

He’ll be waiting to see if he can attract bigger teams with a good performance at the African Cup of Nations.

 

I’d imagine we will be his safety net if he does shit and nothing happens.

 

As as others have said I hope we’re pursuing other options instead of waiting to see if on the slim chance he stays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IveSeenTheLight
17 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Bryson will come in if djoum goes.

 

Bryson apparently has offers from Derby and Aberdeen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
19 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

 

Bryson apparently has offers from Derby and Aberdeen

 

Hopefully he realises Aberdeen are about to spiral in to oblivion. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

Hopefully he realises Aberdeen are about to spiral in to oblivion. ?

 

There’s no doubt we can’t compete financially, but maybe on length of contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agentjambo
1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

 

Bryson apparently has offers from Derby and Aberdeen

And us,and Is keen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IveSeenTheLight
13 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

And us,and Is keen. 

 

Done deal then.

We’ll see him paraded tomorrow at Tynecastle then. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roman1874
1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

 

Done deal then.

We’ll see him paraded tomorrow at Tynecastle then. :rolleyes:

Do Aberdeen not have their own forum? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IveSeenTheLight
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

Do Aberdeen not have their own forum? 

 

They do, but it’s shit and even shitier in the close season.

I find it interesting when clubs are linked with the same player. And see if there are any snippets of updates.

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Section Q
2 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

Do Aberdeen not have their own forum? 

Back page of a farming magazine...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo

He still “mulling” then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

 

They do, but it’s shit and even shitier in the close season.

I find it interesting when clubs are linked with the same player. And see if there are any snippets of updates.

 

That suggests a certain apathy and lack of engagement amongst the Aberdeen support. Lucky you're not building a 50m out of town stadium then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

That suggests a certain apathy and lack of engagement amongst the Aberdeen support. Lucky you're not building a 50m out of town stadium then!

 

Lol, a forum is not defined by the stadium.

its been pretty poor for years to be honest.

 

Anyway, we’ll keep an eye on where Bryson opts for. I’d expect he stays at Derby, but that may be shaken up if Lampard goes to Chelsea.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ernie Eskilsson
On 14/06/2019 at 20:47, ToqueJambo said:

 

We need a winger, creative mid or two and striker. Closing the gap in points from last season means about 3 more wins for us and 3 more losses for them. Not huge at all. Even the most ardent Levein outers must admit we'd have had at least 3 more wins last season without the injuries.

I think we need a keeper and another central defender too. The final highlighted these weaknesses but they were clear throughout the second half of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pettigrewsstylist

Presum this means Levein can never state  he only wants players who "want to be here" and who "buy into the vision" ..etc etc....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
24 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Presum this means Levein can never state  he only wants players who "want to be here" and who "buy into the vision" ..etc etc....

 

I would say it backs up his feelings on the matter. Hence why Vanecek has been and gone in a few short months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
12 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

He still “mulling” then?

 

 Decision won't be made until after African Cup of Nations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

 Decision won't be made until after African Cup of Nations. 

Having been in the Djoum to stay camp, having gone on this long and no decision prior to heading off with Cameroon, spend the money elsewhere is my new stance.....if we can.

 

If we don't spend it, and he wants to come back later on in the summer, then it cant be on inflated terms. Have a feeling he will be heading to the continent post AFCON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Canada
Posted (edited)

We should withdraw the contract offer. It's a huge privilege to play for Hearts and we shouldn't just be a back up option if nothing better comes along. 

 

If he really wanted to stay, he'd have signed the contract already. I'm not a huge fan of his on the pitch but wish him well wherever he ends up. 

Edited by Captain Canada

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

African Nations Cup is 21 June to 19 July.

 

Depends how far Cameroon go of course. Group stage finishes 2 July. Round of 16 is 6th or 8th July. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigAlim
5 hours ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

I think we need a keeper and another central defender too. The final highlighted these weaknesses but they were clear throughout the second half of the season. 

 

I think centre back is probably our best covered position, Souttar and Halkett are two of the leagues best centre halves and Dikamona is very dependable cover. Berra had a bad season but still has plenty to offer even as cover. Smith and Haring both capable in an emergency, Petkov had a brilliant season in the reserves and Hamilton is apparently a great prospect. 

 

Keeper is an issue though I do agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...