• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• IveSeenTheLight

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mr Elwood P

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Aberdeen seem to go for it now and again,when I was younger it was Craig Hignett,The Bulgarian dude and I'm sure they paid £1 million for a guy once.The whole problem with Aberdeen is the expectation that Sir Alex delivered to that club.It cannot and will not ever be seen again for a lifetime.

Perhaps that was the case when you were younger but from my experience they seem to have expectations pretty in line with our own

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Wife doesn’t like Aberdeen though

She must be the brains of the operation.

Fort Vallance
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It would be ****ing hilarious if the sheep end up with Djoum and Bryson .. ? 

Not really.

IveSeenTheLight
15 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Aberdeen seem to go for it now and again,when I was younger it was Craig Hignett,The Bulgarian dude and I'm sure they paid £1 million for a guy once.The whole problem with Aberdeen is the expectation that Sir Alex delivered to that club.It cannot and will not ever be seen again for a lifetime.

Lets be clear, the SAF years will never be seen again, ever.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I always find this topic quite funny really.

As a nation, doesn't Scotland have a higher attendance per head of population than most other countries.

Yes, Hearts have a slightly higher attendance figures and yes, we have been poorly supported throughout our ages.

Edinburgh have what 4 times the size of Aberdeen,.

At the end of the day, its results on the pitch that makes a difference, not numbers in te stands and whilst Aberdeen's support is fewer, our turnover has been larger

**NOTE** Not looking for a debate or argument on support, just making a few points

:wtfvlad:

IveSeenTheLight
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

:wtfvlad:

Ok, looked it up, Edinburgh's population is approx 2.5 times the population of Aberdeen. I thought Edinburgh was larger

I reiterate though **NOTE** Not looking for a debate or argument on support, just making a few points

The potential to bring in more supporters is enormous if it's a winning side. Look at the number of people that turn out on cup winning days. 

IveSeenTheLight
15 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

The potential to bring in more supporters is enormous if it's a winning side. Look at the number of people that turn out on cup winning days. 

Fair-weather glory-hunters does not necessarily equate to potential season ticket holders.

I think the club should be doing a bit more for the youth and get them involved a lot earlier.

Trouble is, they then get lost as the youths (and their family) turn to Saturday football.

The club is probably realistic as despite taking near 43,000 to the league cup final in 2014, we are not catering for a larger support when we move to Kingsford.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
30 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Ok, looked it up, Edinburgh's population is approx 2.5 times the population of Aberdeen. I thought Edinburgh was larger

I reiterate though **NOTE** Not looking for a debate or argument on support, just making a few points

Also got 2 SPL teams

IveSeenTheLight
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Also got 2 SPL teams

As do we have 2 SPFL now ;)

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Also got 2 SPL teams

Who have comfortably bigger attendances than Aberdeen and that’s not even taking into consideration the amount of population who are students here with no interest in the clubs and it’s a egg chasing stronghold. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

As do we now ;)

Cove promoted to the Premier League. Where have I been the last 3 years

33 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Still wrong! 

208k vs 487k.

You were trying to make a point by over exaggerating the population.

if you weren’t then you would have said that Edinburgh is twice the size, but you knew that there are 2 teams so your point was moot   

IveSeenTheLight

Guys, I've conceded again, you guys have larger supports.

I've said I'm not looking to get into a debate on that.

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Who have comfortably bigger attendances than Aberdeen and that’s not even taking into consideration the amount of population who are students here with no interest in the clubs and it’s a egg chasing stronghold. 

He also didn't conveniently take into account the catchment area in Aberdeenshire, which bumps the population up by another 40k. Old ground I'm afraid.

IveSeenTheLight
9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He also didn't conveniently take into account the catchment area in Aberdeenshire, which bumps the population up by another 40k. Old ground I'm afraid.

I refer you back to my first post on this subject

I always find this topic quite funny really.

As a nation, doesn't Scotland have a higher attendance per head of population than most other countries.

Yes, Hearts have a slightly higher attendance figures and yes, we have been poorly supported throughout our ages.

Edinburgh have what 4 times the size of Aberdeen,.

At the end of the day, its results on the pitch that makes a difference, not numbers in te stands and whilst Aberdeen's support is fewer, our turnover has been larger

**NOTE** Not looking for a debate or argument on support, just making a few points

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I refer you back to my first post on this subject

Unfortunately your post was full of shite information, irrelevant 

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Unfortunately your post was full of shite information, irrelevant 

Really.............

I made 4 points

1) As a nation, doesn't Scotland have a higher attendance per head of population than most other countries?

2) Yes, Hearts have a slightly higher attendance figures and yes, we have been poorly supported throughout our ages.

3) Edinburgh have what 4 times the size of Aberdeen,. Accepted I got this wrong.

4) At the end of the day, its results on the pitch that makes a difference, not numbers in the stands and whilst Aberdeen's support is fewer, our turnover has been larger

Which other points was shite information beyond what I accepted?

GorgieFifeLife

Would be delighted if Djoum went to Aberdeen. The guy has the heart of a mouse and he can join the other ageing midfielder who has just joined looking for his last decent contract before retirement. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
14 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

If he goes to Aberdeen :rofl: 

Indeed. The Cameroonian Scott Severin.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Really.............

I made 4 points

The note at the bottom. Cheerio 

Captain Bubblebeard
3 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Really.............

I made 4 points

My definition of not looking to debate a topic would be not continually replying to points about said topic.

NB: not looking to debate this point.

2 hours ago, Captain Bubblebeard said:

My definition of not looking to debate a topic would be not continually replying to points about said topic.

NB: not looking to debate this point.

Bang on

Still don't fully understand an Aberdeen fan so frequently posting on a Hearts forum

I can't imagine a circumstance where I'm reading and interested in posting on an Aberdeen fans page....

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, mscjambo said:

Bang on

Still don't fully understand an Aberdeen fan so frequently posting on a Hearts forum

I can't imagine a circumstance where I'm reading and interested in posting on an Aberdeen fans page....

This.

Bolt sheepie!!

Captain Canada

The AFCON final is mid-July. If he gets to the latter stages he'll obviously need a  decent break afterwards and will completely miss our pre-season. Just another reason to pass on re-signing him. 

i wish jj was my dad
9 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

How many clubs do Aberdeen have within a 30 or even 50 mile radius competing for support?

Not looking for an argument or debate. Just making a point.

Inch Hearts

What’s the sheep fan done exactly apart from give some info he’s heard on a player who looks like he’s dicking the club about? There’s no danger he’s staying at hearts ffs :lol: 

9 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Cove promoted to the Premier League. Where have I been the last 3 years

SPFL is top four divisions so he's right although obviously a League Two team makes very little difference to Aberdeen.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

SPFL is top four divisions so he's right although obviously a League Two team makes very little difference to Aberdeen.

Don't think I included an F for that reason 

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This.

Bolt sheepie!!

Here here.... 

Absolutely no interest in anything Aberdeen, no interested in any Aberdeen perspective on Shay Logan's hairstyle or how best to shave a sheep.

Get the flock out of here......

2 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Bang on

They have no rivals. Nobody cares about them. There is not one club in Scotland who see Aberdeen as their main rival. 

stranraer-jambo

Just back from boozer and haven't read the last three pages or so. 

My mate, an Aberdeen fan, texted me earlier, asking about Djoum. He said it is a main story on their forums. 

I told him 'marmite'. 

Probably a Peebles moment so apologies. 

12 hours ago, stranraer-jambo said:

Just back from boozer and haven't read the last three pages or so. 

My mate, an Aberdeen fan, texted me earlier, asking about Djoum. He said it is a main story on their forums. 

I told him 'marmite'. 

Probably a Peebles moment so apologies. 

That's not true.

He's not quite Marmite, he's more Asda's own brand Yeast Extract Spread.

?

13 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

They have no rivals. Nobody cares about them. There is not one club in Scotland who see Aberdeen as their main rival. 

Seagulls?

Just seen the club bit.

?

Edited by Lovecraft

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Seagulls?

Just seen the club bit.

?

Even the gulls Cannae be arsed with them. 

IveSeenTheLight
15 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Thats fine.

we are not consumed by rivalry.

8 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Thats fine.

Unlucky. Derbies are the best thing about Scottish football. 

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, RudiHMFC said:

Unlucky. Derbies are the best thing about Scottish football. 

The season is 38 games long, nae just 4 ;)

A wins a win, 3 points are the same.

I’m happy to take wins against anyone 

12 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Thats fine.

Why then have Aberdeen fans consistently attempted to cultivate phoney rivals over the years?  

Hearts in the 1950's/60's, followed by Dundee Utd and Rangers.

If not consumed by rivalry why pi55 on Rangers videos down the boozer before the game and mock the 1971 disaster victims during? 

Suffice to say, in Scottish football terms, nobody in my lifetime has ever given a bloody shite about Aberdeen.

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Suffice to say, in Scottish football terms, nobody in my lifetime has ever given a bloody shite about Aberdeen.

They really should play in beige. 

TyphoonJambo
7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Apart from Miller, I'm glad he exists as it feeds my need to vent anger in a harmless non confrontational and only vocal manner. My therapist says its good for me, and as I no longer rip their heads of, I'm getting through less hamsters by focusing my hatred towards that drivelling welt. Can't stand the bloke. How the hell he ever gets the gig as a pundit eludes me. Horrible, odious shit spouting northern twat. 

See, I feel better already. 

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Apart from Miller, I'm glad he exists as it feeds my need to vent anger in a harmless non confrontational and only vocal manner. My therapist says its good for me, and as I no longer rip their heads of, I'm getting through less hamsters by focusing my hatred towards that drivelling welt. Can't stand the bloke. How the hell he ever gets the gig as a pundit eludes me. Horrible, odious shit spouting northern twat. 

:rofl:

Glad the therapy works!

39 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

The season is 38 games long, nae just 4 ;)

A wins a win, 3 points are the same.

I’m happy to take wins against anyone 

Naaaah. You have to have some excitement in a long hard SPFL season. Finishing 3rd or 4th and getting pinged off some minnows in Europa qualifying just doesn't cut it.

Portable Badger
24 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

??

IveSeenTheLight
2 hours ago, martoon said:

Why then have Aberdeen fans consistently attempted to cultivate phoney rivals over the years?  

Every team we play is a rival.

On 4th August, Hearts will be our rival as we compete against each other.

The following week, we will be competing against St Mirren and they will be our rival and so on.

Hearts in the 1950's/60's, followed by Dundee Utd and Rangers.

I’m nae old enough to recall the 50’s and 60’s.

Over the course of a season, a rivalry can appear as teams compete for league placing, so last year Kilmarnock was predominantly our rival and ultimately they got the better of us over the season, although not in direct games between the two teams.

If not consumed by rivalry why pi55 on Rangers videos down the boozer before the game

Come on, that’s just a pleasurable rather than bland way to go to the toilet. ;)

and mock the 1971 disaster victims during? 

I don’t mock any disaster.

every fan, regardless of whom they support deserves to go home after the game